Page 3 of 266 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Soccer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by thatguycharizard34 View Post
    Ah! Sorry! T_T didn't mean to offend anyone, so I've taken back my statement. Time to go hide in a hole.

Sincerely sorry, didn't mean it in a bad way, I just got ahead of myself :'(
    Dude, I wasn't offended, I'm just saying I wasn't so happy about it XD

Anyway, can we discuss International football here as well? England are against Wales tonight for a Euro 2012 qualifier, anybody actually think that Wales can pull something out of this? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Mevejuma View Post
    Dude, I wasn't offended, I'm just saying I wasn't so happy about it XD

Anyway, can we discuss International football here as well? England are against Wales tonight for a Euro 2012 qualifier, anybody actually think that Wales can pull something out of this? XD
    I know, but still :/

I think they can cuz Wales are awesome like that (think Simon Davies ;P)
    lolwut my Pokemon Black game now works. so much ,yay,

PBR FC 1849-2587-9259
    Platinum FC 2450-1748-7938
    Black 4384 3870 2213
    http://www.youtube.com/user/dialgapalkiamew1
    Please do check out my Deviant Art account - http://rgbargy.deviantart.com/

I hath claimed Shunsui Kyouraku and Kaname Tousen. Mine, all mine.

I IZ MAD, BRAH

I know, but still :/

I think they can cuz Wales are awesome like that (think Simon Davies ;P)
    The only major threat I can see for Wales is Gareth Bale, and he will be checked this evening, Capello has made sure of it. I sometimes wonder why Scotland and Wales want to enter international tournaments as separate teams..they'll never get anywhere, but if we team up as GB, then the likes of Bale and Adam can be incorporated into the same team as Rooney, Hart, Ashley Cole and so on....good prospects.

I think the Championship is only more exciting because there are more teams, and the play-off places. If it was just a straight-forward 1st, 2nd and 3rd get promoted, it wouldn't be as entertaining.
    True. However, they do exist, so the league is all the better for it.

Also, anyone can beat anyone in the Championship, young talent is always emerging, and the goals per game ratio is probably higher than the prem. Plus crystal palace play there, so it's obviously freakin a.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    True. However, they do exist, so the league is all the better for it.

Also, anyone can beat anyone in the Championship, young talent is always emerging, and the goals per game ratio is probably higher than the prem. Plus crystal palace play there, so it's obviously freakin a.
    I must agree that anyone can beat anyone, we had 3 completely new teams come up to the prem this season, so it shows that those who go down don't always come back up.

The only major threat I can see for Wales is Gareth Bale, and he will be checked this evening, Capello has made sure of it. I sometimes wonder why Scotland and Wales want to enter international tournaments as separate teams..they'll never get anywhere, but if we team up as GB, then the likes of Bale and Adam can be incorporated into the same team as Rooney, Hart, Ashley Cole and so on....good prospects.
    My Team GB would only have Bale in who isn't English, Charlie Adam sadly wouldn't get anywhere near the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasien View Post
    My Team GB would only have Bale in who isn't English, Charlie Adam sadly wouldn't get anywhere near the team.
    Currently, yeah, but in the future? Gerrard and Lampard don't exactly have all the time in the world left, Adam's only what, 25? He could probably take over with Wiltshire once Gerrard and Lampard retire.

Currently, yeah, but in the future? Gerrard and Lampard don't exactly have all the time in the world left, Adam's only what, 25? He could probably take over with Wiltshire once Gerrard and Lampard retire.
    To be fair though Lampard doesn't usually perform for England. I did want to see Parker play again tonight though

My team (the netherlands) only needs 1 more point to be sure of qualification
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    My team (the netherlands) only needs 1 more point to be sure of qualification
    lol you mean following you 11-0 win

I'm just busy being annoyed at Capello for not choosing players from other clubs. BOBBY ZAMORA, EHEM. No bias of course.

PBR FC 1849-2587-9259
    Black 4384 3870 2213

I IZ MAD, BRAH

I'm just busy being annoyed at Capello for not choosing players from other clubs. BOBBY ZAMORA, EHEM. No bias of course.
    Maybe he needs a 25 million price tag on his head :/
    Seriously though i think we only need one big target man in the team now and he seems to prefer Carroll who hasn't had the best season so far.

Carroll is frankly rubbish, if you ask me :/

PBR FC 1849-2587-9259
    Black 4384 3870 2213

I IZ MAD, BRAH

lol you mean following you 11-0 win
    I had to work that evening always such games happen when I am not home. Lol. Also today we won from Finland 0-2 hope sweden plays 0-0 or something, but don't see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    I had to work that evening always such games happen when I am not home. Lol. Also today we won from Finland 0-2 hope sweden plays 0-0 or something, but don't see that happening.
    Unlucky
    How far do you think you will go in next years tournament? Obviously you could get a group of death but just in general what do you think?

Unlucky
    How far do you think you will go in next years tournament? Obviously you could get a group of death but just in general what do you think?
    Considering Holland reached the final in the World Cup, I don't see why they can't get that far again now, perhaps even winning it this time? Surely Spain have to crumble SOME time..

England beat Wales 1-0 today. Didn't play so well and that striker, Rob Earnshaw for Wales missed a sitter. Ramsey looked good, I hope that form translates back in club football for Arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    England beat Wales 1-0 today. Didn't play so well and that striker, Rob Earnshaw for Wales missed a sitter. Ramsey looked good, I hope that form translates back in club football for Arsenal.
    Yeah, the game was a disappointment, we were incredibly lucky that Earnshaw didn't score that! I do feel sorry for Arsenal, losing Fabregas and Nasri this summer, and then all your injuries and suspensions.

speaking of internationals The U.S lost to belgium yesterday 1-0 They had a chance, but the header by Edu was ruled offside

I chase the dream, not the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonMaster123 View Post
    speaking of internationals The U.S lost to belgium yesterday 1-0 They had a chance, but the header by Edu was ruled offside
    Did Dempsey play?

PBR FC 1849-2587-9259
    Black 4384 3870 2213

I IZ MAD, BRAH

Unlucky
    Atleast semis or we should be ashamed of ourselves, we together with spain are the favorites for the cup. And I hope we will finally win a prize again!

I can see Holland vs Spain rematch at the Euro 12 finals. Just got to watch out for the dark horses especially Germany, I think they could snatch it like Greece did in 04

I can see Holland vs Spain rematch at the Euro 12 finals. Just got to watch out for the dark horses especially Germany, I think they could snatch it like Greece did in 04
    I have a little feeling that Holland will win it but Spain will only make it to the last 4

I dunno, Germany have more genuine quality about them then Greece did back in 2004. Not many people would be shocked if Germany did win it, they're a talented young side, and will definitely win something within the next 6 years or so.

I'm interested to see how England will do next summer (Should we get the point we need in Montenegro to qualify!) I feel that getting out of the group stages would be a good enough achievement with anything else a bonus. Atm, I think it will be Spain/Germany final, with Holland and Italy losing in the semis. Thoughts?
    The Five Region Challenge

Spoiler:- Regions:

Page 3 of 266 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast