Page 32 of 266 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Soccer Thread

but how will 5 teams get into the Champions League?
    Oops,my bad. unless the co efficient drastically increases

And Liverpool lolwhat?
    We will. Just you wait
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Quote Originally Posted by abrar14 View Post
    We will. Just you wait
    Nobody wants to coach Liverpool, and your current level of player ability definitely doesn't surpass that of either Arsenal or Tottenham. Go down to the betting shop with that claim and they will laugh at you (whilst giving you low odds I should add).
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

Under-age m8
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Quote Originally Posted by abrar14 View Post
    Under-age m8
    Ok
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

Just heard that Hazard wants to join Chelsea ruling out both Manchester clubs. He announced this on his Twitter page.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I'd agree with that, though switch Tottenham and Arsenal probably.
    Agreed, Tottenham aren't good enough yet and to make matters worse players like Modric and Bale might just leave because they want Champions League football.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    Just heard that Hazard wants to join Chelsea ruling out both Manchester clubs. He announced this on his Twitter page.

Agreed, Tottenham aren't good enough yet and to make matters worse players like Modric and Bale might just leave because they want Champions League football.
    You never experienced Daniel Levy? I will eat my own shit if both leave.

Quote Originally Posted by masukippa View Post
    You never experienced Daniel Levy? I will eat my own shit if both leave.
    LOL! I know about Levy but still, Modric has been wanting to leave the club since last season, linked with various clubs and Bale said himself that he will talk to the club about leaving if Spurs failed to qualify for the CL.

I know right? Villarreal were in this year's Champions League, and they placed 4th with 62 points in La Liga last season, I don't know how they got relegated! I've always been filled with admiration for The Yellow Submarine, I'm really sad the Submarine sunk. However, ( and this is by no means related to Barcelona in anyway ) Villarreal will be the club they've always been, and once they remember this phrase- Som i Serem, Catalan for '' We are and we will be '', and they stick to the brand of football they've always played, I believe the Submarine can be back up and running for Champions League football in La Liga and possibly even challenge for the title very soon again. I mean, Deportivo who were relegated last year, stuck to their principles and played well to top the Segunda and earn promotion, and I must congratulate them for that!

Villarreal are actually the team my cousin's family supports, they're from the city, and yeah, I do feel deep sorrow for them, they didn't deserve to be relegated.

However, the team that has surprised me the most this season in terms of their performance ( overall ) throughout the season and their place in the league, is DEFINITELY Malaga!

In addition to having family members supporting Villarreal due to being from the city, my cousins on my father's side are from Malaga, and they support the club, and man oh man have Malaga impressed me this term. I'm very happy for them! Despite being crushed twice 4-1 by Barca, they've really, for me, been the stand-out team in La Liga this season. They've earned Champions League football, and they have a good squad, however, with the departure of Van Nistelrooy, they may want to pick up another CF, like Fernando Llorente, and a better goalkeeper too.

Hey Celebi! Do you have any family members living in the Basque region?

I'd agree with that, though switch Tottenham and Arsenal probably.
    I'm expecting Arsenal to lose van Persie. Or at the very least, have a bad offseason.
    Plus Tottenham would have qualified if Chelsea didn't win the final, so it's their spot to lose this season.
    But yeah, switching them would make sense too.

No, I have some friends living in the Basque region, and naturally, they support Athletic Bilbao who sadly had several disappointments this season. Me and one of those friends were at the Vincente Calderon on Friday!

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    I'm expecting Arsenal to lose van Persie. Or at the very least, have a bad offseason.
    Plus Tottenham would have qualified if Chelsea didn't win the final, so it's their spot to lose this season.
    But yeah, switching them would make sense too.
    Unless Tottenham fire Redknapp and replaces him with an awesome coach, I have a hard time seeing it happen. Bale and Modric probably wants to leave, too bad for them Spurs have Levy (the cheapest guy in the world) and he wouldn't sell any of them for under ~60m € or something. (I remember when he tried to get ~10m € for Dos Santos who hadn't even played much).
    I don't think Arsenal will loose Van Persie to be honest. Arsenal is the team in his heart, there are pictures of him when he was like 10-11 years old in an Arsenal-jersey with the walls filled with Arsenal-stuff, the family likes it very much in London, and going to another Premier League-club is out of the question. The only interesting option I've seen is Juventus, but I don't think they will lure him away, and Spain feels out of the question as well. He'll probably sign a contract not too far into the future, but we'll see. And they have also bought Podolski, a great addition to the offense. If they bring in M'Vila as well, that's a nice addition.

Arsenal have never missed CL since Wenger took over, and I just can't see them loose the spot to Spurs. As for this season, the main reason why Spurs took the 4th spot was because both Chelsea and Liverpool had a horrible season in the league. Spurs had that run with maybe ~10 games in a row without winning, and if Chelsea and Pool had been better, there's no way that Spurs would have ended 4th.

I don't think Arsenal will loose Van Persie to be honest. Arsenal is the team in his heart, there are pictures of him when he was like 10-11 years old in an Arsenal-jersey with the walls filled with Arsenal-stuff, the family likes it very much in London, and going to another Premier League-club is out of the question. The only interesting option I've seen is Juventus, but I don't think they will lure him away, and Spain feels out of the question as well. He'll probably sign a contract not too far into the future, but we'll see.
    I hope so, as an Arsenal fan I'm worried about Van Persie not extending his contract but I hope he remembers all those times he got injured, ruling him out for months at a time sometimes half a season, and we stuck by him even though most teams would of possibly put him up for transfer or release him for never staying fit long enough. Arsenal have been very loyal to him over the years so now I hope he can show his loyalty by signing that new contract on offer.

van Persie doesn't really have any obligation to stay, if anything he's practically repaid everything Arsenal have showed him by getting them into 3rd spot this year. WIth out him they most likely would have finished 8th or something.

The only thing van Persie is holding out for is assurances that Arsenal can actually compete for silverware in the future and actually have a squad suitable for it. The money isn't an issue for him at all, all the club has to do is reassure him that they can challenge for titles but the club so far haven't really done a decent job of that what with only signing Podolski and all that. Looks like another summer of transfer disappointment as usual for Arsenal, not surprising really.
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

I admit we relied heavily on RVP this season and we finished 3rd because of him but I'm sure we can get a squad that can compete for silverware for next season. The transfer window just opened and there's plenty of time to sign a few new players and offload some. I just hope that we can pull off a few solid signings, a forward, a midfielder and maybe a full back plus get Whilshire back fit, and we can go back to challenging for the title again.

I think Arsenal will do much better this summer on signings then last summer, because then it was horrible. Podolski is already a done deal, and they're in talks with M'Vila. The transfer-window hasn't even opened yet, so I wouldn't say that they are slacking.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Myc View Post
    van Persie doesn't really have any obligation to stay, if anything he's practically repaid everything Arsenal have showed him by getting them into 3rd spot this year. WIth out him they most likely would have finished 8th or something.

The only thing van Persie is holding out for is assurances that Arsenal can actually compete for silverware in the future and actually have a squad suitable for it. The money isn't an issue for him at all, all the club has to do is reassure him that they can challenge for titles but the club so far haven't really done a decent job of that what with only signing Podolski and all that. Looks like another summer of transfer disappointment as usual for Arsenal, not surprising really.
    I hope Van Persie together with Hunterlaar will finally give us the long deserved second win of a major tournement (euro 2012) because I am still have nightmares about that lost final 2 years ago
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Who do you guys think is the best english midfielder.

In my slightly biased opinion it's Stevie G
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Nobody talking about the EURO 2012?

Shame, I'm from a host country...
    After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting the fandom. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.

And if I'm ever back, I'm never back for good.

Gerrard isn't even close to being the best midfielder in any position for England. There's a better player in all positions
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Clap for yourself. I was gonna go with my dad but we decided against it after the FA warning us. I know we're not african/asian but my dad still doesn't want us to go.
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Best English midfielder? I'd probably say Jack Wilshere. Sure, he only has one season on the highest level and missed the last one due to injury, but the season he did play for Arsenal was just stunning. He looked like Messi with the ball, and that is really something rare when we talk about English players.

Best English midfielder? I'd probably say Jack Wilshere. Sure, he only has one season on the highest level and missed the last one due to injury, but the season he did play for Arsenal was just stunning. He looked like Messi with the ball, and that is really something rare when we talk about English players.

Jack will be the best midfielder in the future but right now its still Steven
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

To be honest I don't think Gerrard has been that good these last 2-3 years. Lots of injuries, he was amazing when he and Torres were so good together, but this season I would say that either Carrick or Parker were the best midfielders.

Page 32 of 266 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast