Page 37 of 260 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast

Thread: Soccer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post
    DEBATE: ARE CRISTIANO RONALDO AND LIONEL MESSI THE TWO FINEST FOOTBALLERS IN WORLD FOOTBALL TODAY?
    Sounds more like fanboyism than debate to me.

I believe Xavi is better than both. And as much as I dislike him, I think Cristiano Ronaldo is a more independent player than Messi, he's so suceessfull in Barcelona because he's supported so well by their midfield, in a team that sucks, Messi also sucks, cue Argentina in the last world cup. Whereas Ronaldo at least still does his thing.

I think Drogba, Sneijder, Ibrahimovic and van Persie better are better players than those two overall.

I think Iniesta and Xavi show promise, and should also be considered, but looking at it:

Headers: Ronaldo, Messi

Acrobatic Ability: Ronaldo

Finishing: Iniesta, Ronaldo and Messi

Dribbling: Xavi, Iniesta, Ronaldo, Messi

Ability to run through an entire team: Messi, Ronaldo

Quantity of goals scored: Ronaldo ( 60 ), Messi ( 73 )

Important Goals scored: Iniesta, Messi, Ronaldo

Ability to score even when not playing in the Middle: Ronaldo, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi

Penalties: Ronaldo

PS Each category worth 1 point.

Ronaldo: 9/ 9

Messi: 7/9

Xavi: 2/9

Iniesta: 4/9

OVERALL PERFORMANCES ( OUT OF 100 ):

Ronaldo: 98

Messi: 98

Xavi: 90

Iniesta: 93

So, yep, I think Ronaldo and Messi should be considered the two finest.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebi_ View Post
    words
    other players that are not ronaldo/in barcelona exist, did you know?

Giving my 2 cents:

Headers: Ronaldo, Messi

Finishing ACC: Ronaldo, Messi, Iniesta, Xavi

FK: Messi, Xavi

Penalties: Ronaldo

Dribbling: Xavi, Messi, Iniesta, Ronaldo

Master of Goals ( scored most ): Messi at 73, most goals scored than any other player in the world

Acrobatic Ability: Ronaldo

Each category worths 2 points:

Messi: 10/ 14

Ronaldo: 10/14

Xavi: 6/14

Iniesta: 4/14

Yeah, CR7 and Messi definitely the two best in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    other players that are not ronaldo/in barcelona exist, did you know?
    We nominated the four best in the world and compared them.

OUESTION: What Champions League Final would you guys like to see?

I'd like to see Barcelona VS Chelsea, and I think it's 5/15 likely to happen.

I'd like to see Barcelona VS Real Madrid and I think it's 13/15 to happen.

I'd personally like to see a Real Madrid VS Chelsea finals, and it's 8/15 to happen.

Interesting, interesting, let's keep the discussion going! What do you guys think the scorelines of those finals you chose will be?

Barcelona 4-1 Chelsea

Real Madrid 8-0 Chelsea

Barcelona 2-1 Real Madrid

We nominated the four best in the world and compared them.
    "We"? You nominated? Since when you nominate anything?

Anyway I get the feeliong Celebi_, ~Nicole~ and Lionel Messi are the same person (at least share the same boring 10 year old ideas about football) so this is pointless and boring.

Already said Neymar's the best.

I'd like to see a Real Madrid VS Bayern Munich final with Real Madrid 3-2 Bayern

That's actually likely to happen, and it'd be our 10th Champions League title too

Not sure where the hell you guys are getting these odds from.

Favourites amongst (English) bookmakers seem to favour Barcelona at 7/2 odds, no surprise, followed by Real Madrid at 4/1.

Guess it all depends on how Barcelona perform next season.

-_- Really, I don't want to see any other final than Barcelona V Chelsea.

I don't think Bayern will make it to the finals for like the third consecutive year in a row However, I know that things are going to be harder next season, teams like Madrid are work in progress and Chelsea are becoming good too, with Eden Hazard and the like being signed. It just makes football more interesting next season, at least. It might take us ( Barca ) a little while to win the Champions League again, but La Liga is in our hands!

Xavi claims Real Madrid have not shown good sportsmanship in defeat over the past couple of years.
    This is hilarious because 1) he's claiming Real Madrid sore losers while he's clearly just mad Barcelona lost La Liga, and 2) he couldn't have such much that would have raised tensions on Spain's national team any higher.

DEBATE: ARE CRISTIANO RONALDO AND LIONEL MESSI THE TWO FINEST FOOTBALLERS IN WORLD FOOTBALL TODAY?
    Eh, probably. I would say Ronaldo is better, he achieved a lot in the Premier League, which is a tougher league than La Liga, and Messi has only played in La Liga.

MORE INTERESTING QUESTION: WHO WILL THE BEST PLAYERS BE 10 YEARS FROM NOW
    Neymar is an obvious choice, but he needs to go to Europe if he truly wants to be the world's best.
    Mamadou Sakho would be my pick for defensive player, I think he'll be 31 in ten years.
    Balotelli, Eden Hazard, etc.--who do you think will be the best footballers in a decade?

-_- Really, I don't want to see any other final than Barcelona V Chelsea.
    Really, I don't think either Barca or Chelsea will reach the final, although Chelsea looks more and more capable of winning the Premiership.

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Xavi claims Real Madrid have not shown good sportsmanship in defeat over the past couple of years.
    This is hilarious because 1) he's claiming Real Madrid sore losers while he's clearly just mad Barcelona lost La Liga, and 2) he couldn't have such much that would have raised tensions on Spain's national team any higher.

Eh, probably. I would say Ronaldo is better, he achieved a lot in the Premier League, which is a tougher league than La Liga, and Messi has only played in La Liga.

MORE INTERESTING QUESTION: WHO WILL THE BEST PLAYERS BE 10 YEARS FROM NOW
    Neymar is an obvious choice, but he needs to go to Europe if he truly wants to be the world's best.
    Mamadou Sakho would be my pick for defensive player, I think he'll be 31 in ten years.
    Balotelli, Eden Hazard, etc.--who do you think will be the best footballers in a decade?

Really, I don't think either Barca or Chelsea will reach the final, although Chelsea looks more and more capable of winning the Premiership.

Isaac Cuenca.

Phil Jones should be amazing in ten years. Javi Martinez would be my choice as defensive player though.

Or probably Jack Wilshere. Or Messi, cuz by then he'll be 34 going on 35.

Just sunk Brazil's ship 3-0 with the Netherlands on FIFA 12, on Professional. van Persie netted a hattrick as Stekelenburg had an awesome game making 10 saves, and denying Hulk and Ronaldinho chances for consolation in stoppage time, and what saves they were, while Arjen Robben also had a field day assisting all of RVP's goals. Ahhh, feels refreshed.

I beat AC Milan 4-2 with Barcelona, as Kevin Prince Boateng opened the scoring from waaaaayyyy outside the penalty area on the 5th minute and Zlatan Ibrahimovic doubling the Rosoneri's lead on the stroke of half time. However, coming out into the second half, VV was forced to make an ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC save from an Ibrahimovic free kick 25 yards out aimed at the top left corner, as Francesc Fabregas opened the scoring for Barca on the volley from a Messi chip the nailed the crossbar. Messi then was played through on goal by Iniesta and he proceeded to dribble round Abbiati for the equalizer. VV, after Pato was played through with a brilliant air through ball from van Bommel, was forced to run out and intercept the ball just as Pato was about to shoot, and the ball fell to Messi who kept the ball under pressure from Thiago Silva and Ambrosini, and he chipped the ball wonderfully over Abbiati to make it 3-2 Barca. VV denied Boateng a long range effort, but the ball fell to Ibrahimovic in the open, but VV was on top of his game to parry Zlatan's effort out for a corner. From the corner, Villa cleared the ball to Messi on the halfway line who beat van Bommel and Thiago Silva and proceeded to curl the ball 'round Abbiati to confirm victory, and round up his hattrick.

Final Score: Barcelona 4-2 Milan

Ummm....I play on Professional.

Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are often described as the two finest footballers in world football today. Weather or not Messi is better than Ronaldo or vice-verse, the debate is, AND READ CAREFULLY:

I think those two are up there but you have to consider other players that play in different leagues, Van Persie is just one player who i consider one of the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    "We"? You nominated? Since when you nominate anything?

Anyway I get the feeliong Celebi_, ~Nicole~ and Lionel Messi are the same person (at least share the same boring 10 year old ideas about football) so this is pointless and boring.
    I totally agree.

Real Madrid 8-0 Chelsea
    Would never happen.

Interesting, interesting, let's keep the discussion going! What do you guys think the scorelines of those finals you chose will be?

Barcelona 4-1 Chelsea
    Barcelona won't score that many against Chelsea, Chelsea seem to figure out how to cope with Barcelona in the last final and I'm sure they could do it again.
    Last edited by Garnet Til Alexandros XVII; 5th June 2012 at 9:26 PM.

I've started a new Career Mode with RC Deportivo, on Professional, 6 minutes. Aiming for promotion here!

I'm currently in my second season with Barcelona, in my first I won the Spanish Treble of La Liga, Copa del Rey and Spanish Supercup, finishing 10 points above Madrid with 90 points and beating Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid to the two cups. Currently halfway through my second season and I'm second in La Liga one point adrift of Madrid.

The best young playeea in 10 years will be Kelly, Shelvey and the rest of the liverpool youth team
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Page 37 of 260 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast