Page 40 of 266 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 6645

Thread: Soccer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kashera View Post
    Probably alot like Martin Skrtel! I hope Lucas is fully fit for next season, we were such a better team with him in the squad.
    I still think you could do with another world class player to play alongside Gerrard.

I have also just realised that it will be the last time that the Euros have 16 teams :O

^ Thats a good thing :3
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Quote Originally Posted by abrar14 View Post
    ^ Thats a good thing :3
    It's a very good thing, 24 teams for France 2016.

Though debatably, it lowers the quality of the tournament. Debatably. I personally don't care, but there are those 'arguments'.

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    Though debatably, it lowers the quality of the tournament. Debatably. I personally don't care, but there are those 'arguments'.
    I disagree, It will just be the teams that usually have to have a play off place so they will be good quality. It also doesn't do the World Cup harm and there have been a few shocking teams enter that, a few teams that you would expect to lose all their games and didn't like New Zealand.

Edit: Sadly though it will probably mean we don't get a group of death anymore

And more games is always better.

And more games is always better.
    2 extra groups with the knockout stages starting with 16 teams

Quote Originally Posted by Lasien View Post
    2 extra groups with the knockout stages starting with 16 teams
    More games to watch I should have said :P Can't wait for Andorra vs Liechtenstein!!

More games to watch I should have said :P Can't wait for Andorra vs Liechtenstein!!
    It just means Scotland might actually qualify for a tournament

Can't wait for Germany V Portugal to see Ronaldo cry when they lose!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post
    Can't wait for Germany V Portugal to see Ronaldo cry when they lose!

I want to see this too.
    I think he will have a good tournament though.

Good news and bad today. First, Newcastle signed our chief scout, Graham Carr, to a new, 8 year deal. This is the guy who alerted Newcastle to Cheikh Tiote, Yohan Cabaye, Hatem Ben Arfa, and Papiss Cisse, so I'm really happy he's coming back. Also, Fraser Forster is off to Celtic for Ł2million after being loaned there for the last two years. Good deal I suppose. Also, rumors are popping up that we're after Salomon Kalou, who was just released from Chelsea. I'm pumped for this because Kalou is a great player, he's still pretty young at 26, and best of all, he would be free! (Minus, of course, the substantial wages it would take to lure him.)

Bad news: de Jong is "assuming" that he'll be staying at FC Twente next season. This won't matter if we keep Ba, but it could be bad news if we don't.

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Good news and bad today. First, Newcastle signed our chief scout, Graham Carr, to a new, 8 year deal. This is the guy who alerted Newcastle to Cheikh Tiote, Yohan Cabaye, Hatem Ben Arfa, and Papiss Cisse, so I'm really happy he's coming back. Also, Fraser Forster is off to Celtic for Ł2million after being loaned there for the last two years. Good deal I suppose. Also, rumors are popping up that we're after Salomon Kalou, who was just released from Chelsea. I'm pumped for this because Kalou is a great player, he's still pretty young at 26, and best of all, he would be free! (Minus, of course, the substantial wages it would take to lure him.)

Bad news: de Jong is "assuming" that he'll be staying at FC Twente next season. This won't matter if we keep Ba, but it could be bad news if we don't.

Not just his wages but I'm guessing he will want a very large signing on fee as well. That all said and done I could really see him doing very well at Newcastle.

I think Portugal will exit in the group stage while Netherlands and Germany will go through, and Ronaldo will cry more, and it'll make me feel good, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post
    I think Portugal will exit in the group stage while Netherlands and Germany will go through, and Ronaldo will cry more, and it'll make me feel good, lol.
    You are probably right but I think in that group any of the 4 could go through.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasien View Post
    Not just his wages but I'm guessing he will want a very large signing on fee as well. That all said and done I could really see him doing very well at Newcastle.
    Oh you're right, didn't think of that. I wonder what we'll be able to offer him. Yeah, I think he'd be a good fit. Alan Pardew is great at making players who felt out-of-place at their old clubs feel comfortable at Newcastle.
    Add him to the list of players I want for the perfect offseason: Kalou, Luuk de Jong, Nathaniel Clyne (a u-21 defender who currently plays for Crystal Palace), Barca's Ibrahim Afellay, and Mathieu Debuchy. We've been linked to all of them but we face stiff competition.

Well, shocks are what football is famous for >_<

I think Czech Republic and Russia will battle it out to a draw while Greece will emerge victorious over co-hosts Poland tomorrow, my predictions.

Polland will win today. A host rarely loses the opening game.

So who else is counting down till the start?
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Today is the big day that Euro 2012 kicks off but I just hope that racism doesn't spoil it because UEFA have confirmed "isolated incidents of racist chanting" at Holland's open training session yesterday. Would be a real shame to see. Anyway I think Greece and Russia will win today to start things of and then tomorrow, England vs France!

^ Except for the fact that the last three hosts lost their opening game! I'm still backing Poland for that game though.

EDIT: Meant for the post two above!

So good to have international football back. Scouring across the globe, much to my surprise I found New Zealand actually lost a competitive game of Oceanic football to New Caledonia, so that's something.

^ Except for the fact that the last three hosts lost their opening game! I'm still backing Poland for that game though.
    I never knew that! Maybe the trend might continue?

So good to have international football back. Scouring across the globe, much to my surprise I found New Zealand actually lost a competitive game of Oceanic football to New Caledonia, so that's something.
    Never even heard of New Caledonia, just when you thought you know your countries!

EDIT: Meant for the post two above!

Hmm you are right I figured Portugal would have won. And I forgot Switserland lost, my bad. However Belgium won 2-1 in 2000 So that would make the last 2 .
    Last edited by 7 tyranitars; 8th June 2012 at 3:36 PM.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    Polland will win today. A host rarely loses the opening game.

So who else is counting down till the start?
    I am 2 hours and 27 mins left :P
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

My predictions are that Greece will beat Poland and Russia will beat the Czech Republic
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Greece will win, I am almost sure of it, while I think Czech VS Russia will either be a draw or a Czech Republic win, don't forget, Czech have Petr Chech as their 'keeper!

Page 40 of 266 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast