Page 43 of 265 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 6614

Thread: Soccer Thread

  1. #1051
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,355

    Default

    Well they will coz Ronaldo will be diving!
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

  2. #1052
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In Unova!
    Posts
    561

    Default

    Of course Portugal are getting a penalty, they may even get two or three!!!! Ronaldo will miss at least one of them, though.

    Anyway, I think the Monkey Noises that were being made in the KNVB Training Camp need to be addressed before we start hearing monkey noises during matches!!!

  3. #1053
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    On the next flight up
    Posts
    1,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    No way I am missing the most important day tomorrow, The Netherlands - Denmark that is.

    I hope Germany and Portugal tie and that The Netherlands win .
    Got to show the Dutch love too! I think you guys and Germany will win it tomorrow but then again football's so unpredictable sometimes and you never know.

  4. #1054
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In Unova!
    Posts
    561

    Default

    Speaking of which, it's prediction time!

    Germany 3-2 Portugal

    Mario Gomez nets a brace while substitute Miraslav Klose ( sp? ) will net one. Ronaldo will score from an early penalty, score from a header and miss a penalty late on.

    Netherlands 1-0 Denmark

    Ibrahim Afellay will prove his worth by scoring in injury time to rescue the 3 points for KNVB.

  5. #1055
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Camp Nou
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Here's mine:

    Germany 0-0 Portugal

    Germany will force Portugal's 'keeper into a round of miraculous saves and Mario Gomez will miss a couple of sitters and Ronaldo will miss a penalty in injury time.

    Netherlands 3-0 Denmark

    A van Persie brace and a goal from Captain van Bommel will do.

  6. #1056
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In Unova!
    Posts
    561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Messi View Post
    Here's mine:

    Germany 0-0 Portugal

    Germany will force Portugal's 'keeper into a round of miraculous saves and Mario Gomez will miss a couple of sitters and Ronaldo will miss a penalty in injury time.

    Netherlands 3-0 Denmark

    A van Persie brace and a goal from Captain van Bommel will do.
    All my friends think the Germany-Portugal will be goalless too, I dunno why. Even if Gomez fails, Klose will be there, though, so I really think Germany will win, however, the ONE thing I stand firm on is that Portugal will get a penalty and Ronaldo will miss.

    In start contrast, the KNVB-Denmark wouldn't be so onesided, it's like the 5th vs 9th in the world, so I disagree there too

  7. #1057
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    I dunt hav
    Posts
    917

    Default

    I think that Denmark will score so my prediction is:
    Netherlands - Denmark 3-1 or 2-1

    I really hope Germany is not going to win aganist Portugal s:
    Germany - Portugal 2-2

  8. #1058
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Camp Nou
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post
    All my friends think the Germany-Portugal will be goalless too, I dunno why. Even if Gomez fails, Klose will be there, though, so I really think Germany will win, however, the ONE thing I stand firm on is that Portugal will get a penalty and Ronaldo will miss.

    In start contrast, the KNVB-Denmark wouldn't be so onesided, it's like the 5th vs 9th in the world, so I disagree there too
    Yeah, but Portugal have a great defense and their goalkeeper isn't half bad either, and Klose isn't exactly world class, whilst Portugal will likely not be awarded too much space and would have to work, Badstuber, Lham, etc. so that's why I voted 0-0.

    Still, KNVB have a piercing attack unit, and will likely go at Denmark whilst Denmark may prefer to hit the Dutch on the counter, and both sides have good goalkeepers and defenses, so I can't see it being a 1-0'er.

  9. #1059
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    421

    Default

    Why do you all think Ronaldo will miss a penalty? I think if he gets one he will score it.



  10. #1060
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In Unova!
    Posts
    561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Messi View Post
    Yeah, but Portugal have a great defense and their goalkeeper isn't half bad either, and Klose isn't exactly world class, whilst Portugal will likely not be awarded too much space and would have to work, Badstuber, Lham, etc. so that's why I voted 0-0.

    Still, KNVB have a piercing attack unit, and will likely go at Denmark whilst Denmark may prefer to hit the Dutch on the counter, and both sides have good goalkeepers and defenses, so I can't see it being a 1-0'er.
    KNVB will counterattack and Denmark will most likely go at KNVB from the first minute. However, if Denmark score first, KNVB's gameplan will quickly change.

    @Lasien: I think that becuz it's Manuel Neuer!!!

  11. #1061
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    421

    Default

    I still think he will score from a spot kick, hasn't he only ever missed like 4 spot kicks out of like 30 something?

    Edit: actually after checking up he has missed 3 out of the last 4 O_O
    Last edited by Garnet Til Alexandros XVII; 9th June 2012 at 12:14 AM.



  12. #1062
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lasien View Post
    I still think he will score from a spot kick, hasn't he only ever missed like 4 spot kicks out of like 30 something?
    If that's right, I hope he misses a 5th. And preferably into row Z. While falling over.

  13. #1063
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In Unova!
    Posts
    561

    Default

    Still, penalties are pure luck, it's not skill, it's not how much you've converted in the past, it's pure luck. However, I'll stick to my '' he'll miss it '' prediction.

  14. #1064
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Who's to say that he'll even get a penalty to take? I can't see any of the German back four giving away a penalty

  15. #1065
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post
    Still, penalties are pure luck, it's not skill, it's not how much you've converted in the past, it's pure luck. However, I'll stick to my '' he'll miss it '' prediction.
    Then what does it matter that Neuer is in goal? if it is all about luck then any keeper could be in right?
    There is also some skill involved, but like you said there is also Luck involved.

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Spaceman~ View Post
    Who's to say that he'll even get a penalty to take? I can't see any of the German back four giving away a penalty
    I agree

    Quote Originally Posted by Kashera View Post
    If that's right, I hope he misses a 5th. And preferably into row Z. While falling over.
    He will only fall over when he can gain something from it :/
    Last edited by Garnet Til Alexandros XVII; 9th June 2012 at 12:27 AM.



  16. #1066
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    I dunt hav
    Posts
    917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post
    Still, penalties are pure luck, it's not skill, it's not how much you've converted in the past, it's pure luck. However, I'll stick to my '' he'll miss it '' prediction.
    You need to have enough skill to aim...
    And I don't get why every penalty is in a corner of the goal, the keepers always choose one side to go to, just shooting high in the centre will almost garantuee players a goal s:

  17. #1067
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In Unova!
    Posts
    561

    Default

    ^ True!

    Ronaldo, if you get a penalty because you dove and faked, hit it high over the crossbar, don't hesitate!

    Yeah, it's true that the Bayern-oops, German, backline probably won't give away a pen, but it's Ronaldo we're talking about, he'll be allover the floor in that game, so a penalty is almost guaranteed.

  18. #1068
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Camp Nou
    Posts
    30

    Default

    I for one thinks penalties, could be Messi, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldo or VALDES taking it, is 50-50, just my 2 cents.

  19. #1069
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Penalties favours the 'keeper way more than the player. The goalkeeper is under no pressure because no one blames him if it goes in. On the other hand, the player is under immense pressure to score from the spot

  20. #1070
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In Unova!
    Posts
    561

    Default

    @~Spaceman~: Unless your team already has a 2 goal lead or a four goal lead already, in which case you don't have to score.

    @Lionel Messi: I agree

  21. #1071
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    235

    Default

    You would still be under pressure to score. I doubt that players would want to be booed by the fans

  22. #1072
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In Unova!
    Posts
    561

    Default

    ....Good point. I won't boo Messi if he ever missed a penalty when we have a comfortable lead.

    Anyway, I think Spain's squad is a bit weakened. The, like, only on-form player we have is Iniesta.

  23. #1073
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    12

    Default

    All this talk about CR7 missing a penalty tomorrow is making me mad, as if my team losing 4-1 today wasn't bad enough!!

  24. #1074
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    968

    Default

    Group B tomorrow! Very much looking forward to it. This is when the action really heats up.
    Also good news, the US just beat Antigua & Barbuda in the first game of our World Cup qualifiers.

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Spaceman~ View Post
    Penalties favours the 'keeper way more than the player. The goalkeeper is under no pressure because no one blames him if it goes in. On the other hand, the player is under immense pressure to score from the spot
    Plus, if a keeper blocks a penalty he's a hero; if the player makes it, it's just what's expected.

  25. #1075
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In Unova!
    Posts
    561

    Default

    Psh, Cryuff claims that the Barcelona-Real Madrid rivalry that has intensified since Mourinho's arrival in 2010, will spoil Spain's Euro 2012 chances.

    I want the Barca and Madrid players to hate each other, I hate Real Madrid and their players, but I still don't think they hate each other enough to be fighting on the pitch and such.

Page 43 of 265 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •