Page 43 of 265 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 6614

Thread: Soccer Thread

Well they will coz Ronaldo will be diving!
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Of course Portugal are getting a penalty, they may even get two or three!!!! Ronaldo will miss at least one of them, though.

Anyway, I think the Monkey Noises that were being made in the KNVB Training Camp need to be addressed before we start hearing monkey noises during matches!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    No way I am missing the most important day tomorrow, The Netherlands - Denmark that is.

I hope Germany and Portugal tie and that The Netherlands win .
    Got to show the Dutch love too! I think you guys and Germany will win it tomorrow but then again football's so unpredictable sometimes and you never know.

Speaking of which, it's prediction time!

Germany 3-2 Portugal

Mario Gomez nets a brace while substitute Miraslav Klose ( sp? ) will net one. Ronaldo will score from an early penalty, score from a header and miss a penalty late on.

Netherlands 1-0 Denmark

Ibrahim Afellay will prove his worth by scoring in injury time to rescue the 3 points for KNVB.

Here's mine:

Germany 0-0 Portugal

Germany will force Portugal's 'keeper into a round of miraculous saves and Mario Gomez will miss a couple of sitters and Ronaldo will miss a penalty in injury time.

Netherlands 3-0 Denmark

A van Persie brace and a goal from Captain van Bommel will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Messi View Post
    Here's mine:

Germany 0-0 Portugal

Germany will force Portugal's 'keeper into a round of miraculous saves and Mario Gomez will miss a couple of sitters and Ronaldo will miss a penalty in injury time.

Netherlands 3-0 Denmark

A van Persie brace and a goal from Captain van Bommel will do.
    All my friends think the Germany-Portugal will be goalless too, I dunno why. Even if Gomez fails, Klose will be there, though, so I really think Germany will win, however, the ONE thing I stand firm on is that Portugal will get a penalty and Ronaldo will miss.

In start contrast, the KNVB-Denmark wouldn't be so onesided, it's like the 5th vs 9th in the world, so I disagree there too

I think that Denmark will score so my prediction is:
    Netherlands - Denmark 3-1 or 2-1

I really hope Germany is not going to win aganist Portugal s:
    Germany - Portugal 2-2

Quote Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post
    All my friends think the Germany-Portugal will be goalless too, I dunno why. Even if Gomez fails, Klose will be there, though, so I really think Germany will win, however, the ONE thing I stand firm on is that Portugal will get a penalty and Ronaldo will miss.

In start contrast, the KNVB-Denmark wouldn't be so onesided, it's like the 5th vs 9th in the world, so I disagree there too
    Yeah, but Portugal have a great defense and their goalkeeper isn't half bad either, and Klose isn't exactly world class, whilst Portugal will likely not be awarded too much space and would have to work, Badstuber, Lham, etc. so that's why I voted 0-0.

Still, KNVB have a piercing attack unit, and will likely go at Denmark whilst Denmark may prefer to hit the Dutch on the counter, and both sides have good goalkeepers and defenses, so I can't see it being a 1-0'er.

Why do you all think Ronaldo will miss a penalty? I think if he gets one he will score it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Messi View Post
    Yeah, but Portugal have a great defense and their goalkeeper isn't half bad either, and Klose isn't exactly world class, whilst Portugal will likely not be awarded too much space and would have to work, Badstuber, Lham, etc. so that's why I voted 0-0.

Still, KNVB have a piercing attack unit, and will likely go at Denmark whilst Denmark may prefer to hit the Dutch on the counter, and both sides have good goalkeepers and defenses, so I can't see it being a 1-0'er.
    KNVB will counterattack and Denmark will most likely go at KNVB from the first minute. However, if Denmark score first, KNVB's gameplan will quickly change.

@Lasien: I think that becuz it's Manuel Neuer!!!

I still think he will score from a spot kick, hasn't he only ever missed like 4 spot kicks out of like 30 something?

Edit: actually after checking up he has missed 3 out of the last 4 O_O
    Last edited by Garnet Til Alexandros XVII; 9th June 2012 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasien View Post
    I still think he will score from a spot kick, hasn't he only ever missed like 4 spot kicks out of like 30 something?
    If that's right, I hope he misses a 5th. And preferably into row Z. While falling over.

Still, penalties are pure luck, it's not skill, it's not how much you've converted in the past, it's pure luck. However, I'll stick to my '' he'll miss it '' prediction.

Who's to say that he'll even get a penalty to take? I can't see any of the German back four giving away a penalty

Still, penalties are pure luck, it's not skill, it's not how much you've converted in the past, it's pure luck. However, I'll stick to my '' he'll miss it '' prediction.
    Then what does it matter that Neuer is in goal? if it is all about luck then any keeper could be in right?
    There is also some skill involved, but like you said there is also Luck involved.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Spaceman~ View Post
    Who's to say that he'll even get a penalty to take? I can't see any of the German back four giving away a penalty
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Kashera View Post
    If that's right, I hope he misses a 5th. And preferably into row Z. While falling over.
    He will only fall over when he can gain something from it :/
    Last edited by Garnet Til Alexandros XVII; 9th June 2012 at 12:27 AM.

You need to have enough skill to aim...
    And I don't get why every penalty is in a corner of the goal, the keepers always choose one side to go to, just shooting high in the centre will almost garantuee players a goal s:

^ True!

Ronaldo, if you get a penalty because you dove and faked, hit it high over the crossbar, don't hesitate!

Yeah, it's true that the Bayern-oops, German, backline probably won't give away a pen, but it's Ronaldo we're talking about, he'll be allover the floor in that game, so a penalty is almost guaranteed.

I for one thinks penalties, could be Messi, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldo or VALDES taking it, is 50-50, just my 2 cents.

Penalties favours the 'keeper way more than the player. The goalkeeper is under no pressure because no one blames him if it goes in. On the other hand, the player is under immense pressure to score from the spot

@~Spaceman~: Unless your team already has a 2 goal lead or a four goal lead already, in which case you don't have to score.

@Lionel Messi: I agree

You would still be under pressure to score. I doubt that players would want to be booed by the fans

....Good point. I won't boo Messi if he ever missed a penalty when we have a comfortable lead.

Anyway, I think Spain's squad is a bit weakened. The, like, only on-form player we have is Iniesta.

All this talk about CR7 missing a penalty tomorrow is making me mad, as if my team losing 4-1 today wasn't bad enough!!

Group B tomorrow! Very much looking forward to it. This is when the action really heats up.
    Also good news, the US just beat Antigua & Barbuda in the first game of our World Cup qualifiers.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Spaceman~ View Post
    Penalties favours the 'keeper way more than the player. The goalkeeper is under no pressure because no one blames him if it goes in. On the other hand, the player is under immense pressure to score from the spot
    Plus, if a keeper blocks a penalty he's a hero; if the player makes it, it's just what's expected.

Psh, Cryuff claims that the Barcelona-Real Madrid rivalry that has intensified since Mourinho's arrival in 2010, will spoil Spain's Euro 2012 chances.

I want the Barca and Madrid players to hate each other, I hate Real Madrid and their players, but I still don't think they hate each other enough to be fighting on the pitch and such.

Page 43 of 265 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast