Page 46 of 265 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 6618

Thread: Soccer Thread

^Spain was beated by Switserland.

But what happened after that? They swept the whole world away.

I think Spain will win 2-0 today but I don't think they will win the Euros, I see them in the semis or the final but losing. Could be wrong though of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Sietse23 View Post
    ^Spain was beated by Switserland.
    And England beat them a few months ago

I'm on my nerve's end right now!!! Arrrghhh, c'mon boys, score a goal quick! Save me from this agony! Torres needs to be introduced.
    Last edited by ~Nicole~; 10th June 2012 at 5:49 PM.

A pretty decent game so far, I think Italy have been the better team and had the better clear chances so far with that header at the end being the best one.
    I still don't get why either Torres or Llorente didn't start :/
    Last edited by Garnet Til Alexandros XVII; 10th June 2012 at 5:57 PM.

I LOL'd at Spain's formation of six midfielders and no strikers in the starting lining up. Let's see what happens second half.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasien View Post
    A pretty decent game so far, I think Italy have been the better team and had the better clear chances so far with that header at the end being the best one.
    I still don't get why either Torres or Llorente didn't start :/
    'Xactly. We're missing the Messi-type finisher, which because Villa isn't here is Llorente and Torres. God, I hope we win this!

Spain 0 Italy 1
    Balotelli out, Italy scores with Di Natale.
    Nice!

Lol Italy leading.

EDIT: 1-1 again.
    Last edited by 7 tyranitars; 10th June 2012 at 6:29 PM.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Good second half! A point a piece is about right. I predicted Italy to flop this Euros so they definitely surprised me with their play!

Spain might actually go out in the group stage already. Playing Fabregas instead of Llorente or Torres as the striker is quite possibly the most stupid decision ever, and Spain is starting to feel a lot like Barcelona - only having one way of playing football.

Never have I been more satisfied with a draw, woo. 1-1. El Nino had some good chances, but 1 point is good for us ( Spain ).

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Spain might actually go out in the group stage already. Playing Fabregas instead of Llorente or Torres as the striker is quite possibly the most stupid decision ever, and Spain is starting to feel a lot like Barcelona - only having one way of playing football.
    Did you see Torres' his amazing season at Chelsea >.>?
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Apparently using Cesc in the middle isn't permanent.

Anyway, time to watch Ireland VS Croatia and forget all that nervousness! Hopefully this match is also a draw.

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    Did you see Torres' his amazing season at Chelsea >.>?
    Torres wasn't as bad as everyone made him out to be, his overall play was good this season, he just didn't score enough goals which sadly he will be judge on being a striker and all.

Yeah Torres was okay last season just a lacking in goals but look for him to have a solid next season. Anyway Ireland vs Croatia just kicked off. I predict 3-1 Croatia, they're my dark horse for the Euros.

HALF TIME, and Croatia lead Ireland 2-1.

One more goal from the Croats and that's my little prediction correct! Second half starting very soon.

Yeah, Ireland is down. Shit, I was hoping this would be the year.
    Italy played really well, I expected Spain to dominate that game, but Italy came to play, Balotelli kept his cool (for the most part), and everything seemed to work out fine. I didn't expect Italy to advance before today, but now I think they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasien View Post
    Torres wasn't as bad as everyone made him out to be, his overall play was good this season, he just didn't score enough goals which sadly he will be judge on being a striker and all.
    Well y'know, it is his job to score goals. So I think it's fair to judge him on that. Just not entirely on that. He did play decently, and he redeemed himself greatly with that game-winner against Barcelona, at least in my book.

Full time 3-1 to Croatia. My prediction for the match was right. Yay!

I didn't expect us ( Spain ) to have to actually work to get out of this group! Coz of that 1-1 draw with Italy we have to beat Croatia and Ireland ( not really all that difficult ) to progress! Cesc the man netted our goal!!! For all those who said it wasn't a good choice putting Cesc upfront!

I was really hoping Ireland and Croatia to draw as well, but...

Uh-huh, and Italy have proven they can go far and even win the Euros. What Spain really lacked was a Striker, but oh well, you Spanish fans gotta make the point count, it's better than 0 points, like Ireland otherwise you guys would have most likely been down and out.

I think Ireland were unlucky, look at those goals Croatia scored against them, so much for Irish Luck....Croats Luck now!!!

I'm looking forward to Germany VS Holland, if Holland lose, they're out, and if Germany win, most likely they're through! Interesting odds!

To be honest, most of the Ireland attack didn't have the confidence they normally do, and it paid a price. I guess you could shout for a penalty here and there for us, but at the end of the day, Croatia were the better team. That performance disappointed me, really. Good win Croatia.
    Last.fm | Steam IDNostalgia

Moving on, England VS France and Ukraine VS Sweden tomorrow:

England 2-4 France

England will be on the ascendancy early on and will take the lead, however it won't take long for Les Bleus to rise to the occasion and go 2-1 up at halftime. Early on in the second half, England will equalize through a nicely worked counter attack, but in the last 20 minutes Karim Benzema and Franck Ribery make quick work of the England back line to prevail 4-2.

Ukraine 2-2 Sweden

Sweden will be the better team throughout, but Ukraine will make home advantage count, and they'll contain a hypercharged madman Zlatan Ibrahimovic ( with one of Sweden's goals coming from an Ibra header ) combine midfield and attack to go round the Swede defense. Ukraine will take an early lead totally against the run of play and on the dot of half time Ibrahimovic will head the equalizer home from a cross, finally getting past the Ukraine back line. In the second half, they'll try to get Ibra to head it in again, but at half time, Ukraine planned out how to take Ibra down, and it's ineffective. Sweden, however, will take the 2-1 lead from a piercing through ball to Ibra who calmly nods it past a diving 'keeper, finally besting the Ukraine back line for real. In the last 10 minutes, a long range effort from a Ukraine striker will be enough to secure a point each for the two contenders.

Page 46 of 265 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast