Page 5 of 257 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Soccer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jameson1 View Post
    I'm hoping Man U goes back to back. I live in the US and I haven't heard much lately, does anyone know what the conditions of Vidic and Ferdinand are? Last I'd heard they were injured, but that was some weeks ago
    Ferdinand is fit again while Vidic is still out injured.

OK thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracoste View Post
    You were talking about safe cooking. Guess what happens when you don't cook safe.
    (It starts with "D" and ends with "amn, my kitchen is on fire")

Man United and Manchester City are scoring goals for fun, I'm predicting Man City to knock 6 or 7 past Napoli, because if an Italian team can't beat a League 1 team (Thanks for that, douche.) There's no way that Napoli, a far weaker team can do anything but get trounced by a team who's scoring goals for fun.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gliBUW_ejGo
    (This is my commentating vid, if you wouldn't mind, comment, and if you like it, like it, if you don't, don't.)

#fandangorevolution

I'm the Cult of Personality. You would have to follow me, only you can set me free. I sell the things you need to be. I'm the Cult of Personality, I exploit you, still you love me, I tell you 1+1 makes 3.

Boo yah I'm a dog with crabs and cancer? Are you find out in alteredorigin.net.

Quote Originally Posted by ~-Overheat-~ View Post
    Why is this thread named "The Soccer Thread"!! It should be football!
    Because then Americans may come in here thinking it's referring to their rugby spin-off rather than football.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    Chelsea and Liverpool are still in it, we can't rule them out yet. I hope Arsenal can pick up form and get some wins and confidence going to spice thing up in the title race.

Yeah, next Sunday it's on and it'll be a very interesting game. I wonder if Torres will start or Sturridge or Anelka get the nod instead. What game I can't wait for is the Manchester derby, it's going to be epic!
    Thank you for saying we're still in it, even if we are currently 5 points adrift. Papers say that Villas-Boas says he won't be using Torres in the CL or against United, so much for a Ł50 million signing, thanks for taking him off our hands Chelsea

Quote Originally Posted by Armando Payne View Post
    Man United and Manchester City are scoring goals for fun, I'm predicting Man City to knock 6 or 7 past Napoli, because if an Italian team can't beat a League 1 team (Thanks for that, douche.) There's no way that Napoli, a far weaker team can do anything but get trounced by a team who's scoring goals for fun.
    lol it was 1-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    lol it was 1-1.
    I was quite surprised by this. Manchester City, at home, with the talent they have at their disposal, only manage a 1-1? I'd rate Tottenham away as a much harder challenge, and they won that 5-1...something don't add up here.

Fulham. Not the best game I've ever been to. Twente are a dirty side, not to mention the officials we had. *shudders* If the officials had actually made the right decisions instead of calling offside when Dembele was 4 yards onside and giving Twente the free kicks when Fulham were being taken out we may have actually won.
    lolwut my Pokemon Black game now works. so much ,yay,

PBR FC 1849-2587-9259
    Platinum FC 2450-1748-7938
    Black 4384 3870 2213
    http://www.youtube.com/user/dialgapalkiamew1
    Please do check out my Deviant Art account - http://rgbargy.deviantart.com/

I hath claimed Shunsui Kyouraku and Kaname Tousen. Mine, all mine.

I IZ MAD, BRAH

Quote Originally Posted by Mevejuma View Post
    I was quite surprised by this. Manchester City, at home, with the talent they have at their disposal, only manage a 1-1? I'd rate Tottenham away as a much harder challenge, and they won that 5-1...something don't add up here.
    It was Man City's first Champion's League game ever, but nevertheless it is still a poor result for City to come out with.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    It was Man City's first Champion's League game ever, but nevertheless it is still a poor result for City to come out with.
    Yeah, but as you say, it was quite poor. Tottenham are easily a better side than Napoli if you ask me, I'm surprised they didn't win.

Anyway, moving to today, and as I'm typing it's Blackburn 2 - 2 Arsenal, with the rest of the games starting in an hour. Anybody think Swansea might actually score today?

Yeah, but as you say, it was quite poor. Tottenham are easily a better side than Napoli if you ask me, I'm surprised they didn't win.

Anyway, moving to today, and as I'm typing it's Blackburn 2 - 2 Arsenal, with the rest of the games starting in an hour. Anybody think Swansea might actually score today?
    UPDATE: 4-2 to Blackburn with about 15minutes to go

PBR FC 1849-2587-9259
    Black 4384 3870 2213

I IZ MAD, BRAH

4-3 now.

Well, Arsenal's start to this season has been nothing short of shocking. 4 points from 5 games unless they can manage to get anything against Blackburn in these last few minutes.

Looks like we're seeing a bottom half finish for Arsenal this season. Wenger has to go.

And there we have it. Full time whistle, with Blackburn winning 4-3. I was really hoping for 4-2, I had a brilliant pun all planned out!! So yes, that makes it a terrible start for Arsenal, great pressure on Arsene Wenger now, though Steve Kean's will have been relieved slightly.

EDIT: Also, Arsenal now have the lowest goal difference in the league, never thought I'd see that..
    Last edited by Mevejuma; 17th September 2011 at 2:45 PM.

Lets see MOTD give no credit to Rovers for their win today :/

As an Arsenal fan I'm gutted. I watched the game today and some of the defending was simply comical, two own goals and playing Yakubu way onside for the first goal and we still can't keep a lead. Same old, same old...
    Last edited by Gloryus; 17th September 2011 at 7:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasien View Post
    Lets see MOTD give no credit to Rovers for their win today :/
    As an Arsenal fan I'm gutted. I watched the game today and some of the defending was simply comical, two own goals and playing Yakubu way onside for the first goal and we still can't keep a lead. Same old, same old...
    I'll try and watch Match of the Day tonight to see what happens with both of your points. But yeah, Lasien, given that Arsenal haven't been doing at all well since way back in last season, I wouldn't be surprised to see them be picked apart in MotD rather than Blackburn hailed as brilliant.

But let's not forget there were other games! Swansea scored their first 3 goals, QPR and Norwich won as well, and Everton did well against Wigan. Villa-Newcastle didn't seem to great, but they're never all going to be great games in one day.

What. A. Day. 16 goals scored in 4 games. Fulham came from 2 goals down, the second not 12 seconds into the second half, to draw with City (come on, Fulham!), Man Utd beat Chelsea 3-1 (good for Fulham who have Chelsea away in the Carling Cup), Tottenham beat 9-man Liverpool 4-0 and Sunderland beat Stoke 4-0. Not to mention a further 6 goals scored up north with Rangers beating Celtic 4-2, and Birmingham losing 4-1 to Southampton. Whatever happened to boring Sunday football???

PBR FC 1849-2587-9259
    Black 4384 3870 2213

I IZ MAD, BRAH

So now Man City will dissipate from the title, because if you can't beat an Italian team then if you can't beat Fulham then what can you do.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gliBUW_ejGo
    (This is my commentating vid, if you wouldn't mind, comment, and if you like it, like it, if you don't, don't.)

#fandangorevolution

I'm the Cult of Personality. You would have to follow me, only you can set me free. I sell the things you need to be. I'm the Cult of Personality, I exploit you, still you love me, I tell you 1+1 makes 3.

Boo yah I'm a dog with crabs and cancer? Are you find out in alteredorigin.net.

So now Man City will dissipate from the title, because if you can't beat an Italian team then if you can't beat Fulham then what can you do.
    True that :P people were talking about a European hangover before the game. What hangover? We dominated second half great game, can't wait for MOTD2

PBR FC 1849-2587-9259
    Black 4384 3870 2213

I IZ MAD, BRAH

Quote Originally Posted by thatguycharizard34 View Post
    What. A. Day. 16 goals scored in 4 games. Fulham came from 2 goals down, the second not 12 seconds into the second half, to draw with City (come on, Fulham!), Man Utd beat Chelsea 3-1 (good for Fulham who have Chelsea away in the Carling Cup), Tottenham beat 9-man Liverpool 4-0 and Sunderland beat Stoke 4-0. Not to mention a further 6 goals scored up north with Rangers beating Celtic 4-2, and Birmingham losing 4-1 to Southampton. Whatever happened to boring Sunday football???
    All round good day, i'm waiting for Match of the Day
    Thankfully i don't care about the joke league that is the SPL, it could have been 7-7 between those two and i wouldn't watch.

I second this.

Quote Originally Posted by thatguycharizard34 View Post
    True that :P people were talking about a European hangover before the game. What hangover? We dominated second half great game, can't wait for MOTD2
    I WOULD watch MotD2 to see Fulham's comeback, Rooney's slip, and Torres' dreadful miss.....but......as a Liverpool fan, I could not possibly watch it tonight.

All round good day, i'm waiting for Match of the Day
    Thankfully i don't care about the joke league that is the SPL, it could have been 7-7 between those two and i wouldn't watch.
    BEST MOTD2 OF THE YEAR, COMING UP.

I don't care much for SPL, apart from Celtic in the Europa League.

PBR FC 1849-2587-9259
    Black 4384 3870 2213

I IZ MAD, BRAH

I WOULD watch MotD2 to see Fulham's comeback, Rooney's slip, and Torres' dreadful miss.....but......as a Liverpool fan, I could not possibly watch it tonight.
    I know what you mean. I watched Ford Super Sunday today and the games were great to watch as a neutral but I can sympathise with both sets of fans being an Arsenal fan (sigh). Those games would be tough to watch just as the Blackburn game for me was but fair play to Spurs and Man Utd they scored some great goals.

I know what you mean. I watched Ford Super Sunday today and the games were great to watch as a neutral but I can sympathise with both sets of fans being an Arsenal fan (sigh). Those games would be tough to watch just as the Blackburn game for me was but fair play to Spurs and Man Utd they scored some great goals.
    Thankfully the Blackburn game was amazing to watch
    Awesome goal by Modric, Terrible miss by Torres though.

Thankfully the Blackburn game was amazing to watch
    Awesome goal by Modric, Terrible miss by Torres though.
    I literally fell out of my chair when I saw Torres miss that open goal. I really feel for him, he looked to be getting back on form during the game and then he goes and miss an open goal. That must of shattered his confidence, tough times for Torres.

I literally fell out of my chair when I saw Torres miss that open goal. I really feel for him, he looked to be getting back on form during the game and then he goes and miss an open goal. That must of shattered his confidence, tough times for Torres.
    Hah, serves him right. :'D But then again, I wanted Chelsea to win and challenge ManUtd, since it seem nobody can do it atm. D: Oh well... maybe City then.

And I don't want even talk about what happened with Liverpool... Actually I don't even know what happened with us, the game was just horrible (had to turn off the tv when Spurs scored 3rd one, couldn't take it anymore).

Page 5 of 257 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast