Page 50 of 266 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 6645

Thread: Soccer Thread

*sigh* :/ I gave up hope.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Also, I have no idea why Stekelenburg is the first goalie in the Netherlands, Krul and Vorm are IMO much better.

You never give up 'til it's over! Footballing 101!

Still yet to see a goalless game, great stuff, but what I find even more amazing, is that there has yet to be a bad decision regarding the allowing of goals that weren't goals, or the disallowing of non-goals that should have counted. So, I wonder when the first one will be, eh?

I hope those dirty Dutch lose. I hate them so much.

Germany is going to win this cup.
    I wrote the RBY and GSC pages on serebii.net

https://twitter.com/cifalacus

This Netherland sucks. I've been rooting for them for more than 13 years and this is the first time I am disgusted by them. A team with 0 chemistry, 0 friendship between the players, and most importantly, 0 will to fight. Did you see how free Schweinsteiger was when they scored? van Bommel literally walked in the pitch from the first minute. And Willems is shit.

The only way I see Netherlands making a come back is van Bommel out, Huntelaar in.

*I don't hate van Bommel, he plays for my favourite club as well but he's just a liability in this tournament. He's making de Jong's life harder by doing nothing, which also ruins Sneijder.

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    You never give up 'til it's over! Footballing 101!

Still yet to see a goalless game, great stuff, but what I find even more amazing, is that there has yet to be a bad decision regarding the allowing of goals that weren't goals, or the disallowing of non-goals that should have counted. So, I wonder when the first one will be, eh?
    That's true, never say never in football. And somebody like a bit of controversy it seems

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Man United won Community Shield, maybe it's worth putting in my sig.
    But what about the Sloman Shield????

I wanted The Netherlands & Portugal to pass, not Germany!
    Oh well, now I gotta hope we beat The Netherlands, and Germany beats Denmark really bad!

I have a question, since Portugal beat Denmark, does it mean that if both of us lose our next game, Portugal passes because it beat Denmark, or is it about the goals?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    I have a question, since Portugal beat Denmark, does it mean that if both of us lose our next game, Portugal passes because it beat Denmark, or is it about the goals?
    Goal difference.

Germany wins again, no one really surprised

Atleast we scored :/ Well now we have a very small chance to pass to the next round, that is when we win like 3-0 and And Germany beats Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    Atleast we scored :/
    hahaha as if this matters now son

It's funny, there's a 6 point team and a 0 point team in this group but neither can be certain of their fate yet.

I doubt Germany will play fairly against Denmark anyway, so even if Netherlands beat Portugal with a good goal margin they will still probably not make it.

I can at least focus on rooting for my home country, Italy now. I also wouldn't mind Ukraine being the surprise of the tournament, I think I can finally forgive Shevchenko :)

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    I think I can finally forgive Shevchenko
    For leaving A.C. to Chelsea?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    For leaving A.C. to Chelsea?
    Yeah, he was like, my idol. Crushed me.

Lol I watched that game. Was pretty amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Yeah, he was like, my idol. Crushed me.
    I feel your pain. It was the same when Henry and Fabregas left to Barca, I was gutted.

With Portugal netting a late win ( 3-2 ) over Denmark, with Ronaldo flopping, and Germany beating Holland 2-1, it all but confirms Germany's quarter final berth, however, second place is up for grabs, and even though Netherlands lost, they're in with a chance still if they can defeat Portugal and Germany beat Denmark. Ohohhoho, nice unexpected twists and turns, melikes!

Wow, I'm actually stunned. I totally expected the Netherlands to advance. How disappointing, they never seemed to really connect with each other. They should be ashamed, really.
    Personally I think it should have been van Persie and Huntelaar up front the whole time, instead of playing two CDMs, but hindsight is 20/20 and all that. If they had any team chemistry that would help too.
    Whatever, I guess they still have a chance to advance. Slim, though.

The Portugal-Denmark game today gave me like 12 heart attacks. Bendtner played amazing, Ronaldo not so much. I'm really mad that Denmark didn't win or at least tie, now they have to at least tie Germany and hope the Netherlands beats or ties Portugal. UEFA is mad at Bendtner for "ambush advertising", when he scored he flashed underwear that had the name of an Irish bookmaker. Hopefully he'll be fined and not banned from the next game or anything.

In non Euro news, Roberto di Matteo was signed to a 2 year contract.

Yeah, think he deserves it, but wished he didn't so I wouldn't have had to see that crap football being played again next season, seeing that Chelsea are rivals of Barca in competition for the UCL and all...

Another disappointing performace from the Netherlands. This game must have been just as disappointing as the one versus Denmark for Holland, as chances were wasted time and time again. Not to mention that Germany tore open the Netherlands defence a good few times and could have possibly made it 3-1, 4-1 even.

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    In non Euro news, Roberto di Matteo was signed to a 2 year contract.
    In more non-Euro related news, Harry Redknapp has left Spurs. I'm pretty annoyed by this, as I don't think we'll find anyone who knows the game as well as he used to. He was also moulding the team pretty well too, something that Martin Jol seemed to be doing at his reign at White Hart Lane. Oh well, as football always goes; you win some, you lose some.
    Last edited by Rezzo; 14th June 2012 at 12:52 AM. Reason: A few typing errors
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    In more non-Euro related news, Harry Redknapp has left Spurs. I'm pretty annoyed by this, as I don't think we'll find anyone who knows the game as well as he used to. He was also moulding the team pretty well too, something that Martin Jol seemed to be doing at his reign at White Hart Lane. Oh well, as football always goes; you win some, you lose some.
    After Harry was linked to the England job, your season fell apart from there. I thought he was either really distracted by the publicity for the England job or he lost commitment for his current job IMO. I wonder who'll get the job when Harry goes.

Apparently, every time Ronaldo got the ball in the Denmark-Portugal game, the Danish fans began chanting Messi's name, and, like, Ronaldo got pissed and after the match he had this to say:

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY CRISTIANO RONALDO
    You know where he was at this time [last year]? Do you know? He was being eliminated in the Copa America, in his own country," Ronaldo said at the post-game press conference. "I think that's worse, no?
    Cristiano, little baby, stop weeping and just admit Messi is better than you!

Ronaldo simply had a poor game against Denmark. Don't want to sound arrogant but I could of buried at least one of his chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    After Harry was linked to the England job, your season fell apart from there. I thought he was either really distracted by the publicity for the England job or he lost commitment for his current job IMO. I wonder who'll get the job when Harry goes.
    I totally agree about how he got distracted--At one point, Tottenham was in third, 10 points ahead of Arsenal, but when Capello left, Spurs slowly fell to fourth.
    Regarding replacements, David Moyes of Everton, Roberto Martinez of Wigan, and Andre Villas-Boas.
    Also, interestingly enough, Jurgen Klinsmann, the U.S. national team coach. (Really hope the USMNT don't lose Klinsmann, I like what he's done so far. )

Or, who knows, maybe Pep will come manage Spurs?

Page 50 of 266 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast