Page 53 of 266 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 6643

Thread: Soccer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    It is crazy, yet not imposible. Although we do suck against Portugal.
    As long as the Netherlands don't start Van Bommel, probably Van der Vaart instead, then you got a greater chance of beating Portugal by two clear goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    As long as the Netherlands don't start Van Bommel, probably Van der Vaart instead, then you got a greater chance of beating Portugal by two clear goals.
    It has been confirmed we will play with

Stekelenburg; Van der Wiel, Vlaar, Mathijsen, Willems; De Jong, Van der Vaart; Robben, Van Persie, Sneijder; Huntelaar

I just got some hope back.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Someone remind me what the Netherlands needs to pass through. Just a win?

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

No. They need to win with a 2-0 or better while Germany also defeats Denmark. Anything else and they are out.

Basically, the moons of Jupiter have to align for Netherlands to make it through... doesn't mean I am not hoping it'd happen though...

Well things where looking good for us when we headed into the 20's We where leading with 0-1 thanks to beauty from Van de Vaart, and Germany was leading with 0-1. But then Denmark equalised and Portugal equelised..

I have identified Netherlands problem and the main reason it's going out of this tournament. It's the side defenders. Willems is just bad and van der Wiel is absolutely shit. It's almost as if he's actively trying to help Portugal score, giving them assists and all. And of course the goal happened after Willems failed the clear the ball. They are both dreadful and there's no denying it.

If I was van Marwijk right now I'd take both of them out between halfs and replace them with a defender and a midfielder. 3-5-2 is the only way to save this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    I have identified Netherlands problem and the main reason it's going out of this tournament. It's the side defenders. Willems is just bad and van der Wiel is absolutely shit. It's almost as if he's actively trying to help Portugal score, giving them assists and all. And of course the goal happened after Willems failed the clear the ball. They are both dreadful and there's no denying it.

If I was van Marwijk right now I'd take both of them out between halfs and replace them with a defender and a midfielder. 3-5-2 is the only way to save this game.
    Willems and Van der Wiel aren't good defensively but who would you replace them will off the bench? Maybe Kuyt and Affelay if the Netherlands go for broke.

Willems and Van der Wiel aren't good defensively but who would you replace them will off the bench? Maybe Kuyt and Affelay if the Netherlands go for broke.
    Problem is, they have sucked offensively this tournament as well, I've only seen them lose possession. Well, maybe Afellay and Heitinga?

Problem is, they have sucked offensively this tournament as well, I've only seen them lose possession. Well, maybe Afellay and Heitinga?
    Afellay is on now for Willems. Doesn't look good for the Dutch right now though.

I don't think Willems is bad. Keeping in mind he is still young, only 18 years old, and had to play against several worldclass players like Nani and Ozil. He simply isn't ready yet. The only reason he got picked is because we simply don't have any other for that position right now because posible others are either terrible or injured.

Oh and we are losing 2-1 now Fucking great.

Yes! Portugal 2-1 Denmark, but we deserved more goals
    Portugal VS Czech Republic!
    Germany VS Greece!

Netherlands were absolute toilet, they started off very well but then the moment Portugal got their goal it looked like the Dutch could not be bothered...no, scratch that, they just weren't good enough.

For all the attacking players they had on the pitch at the same time, they looked far too reserved and unwilling to really get creative and attack. If they had played in a more total football style in the 3rd half of the pitch, with all the good attacking players they would have been able to fashion more chances than they did in this match.

I'm glad Ronaldo did his thing and am disappointed that he didn't get a hat-trick but this is another game which goes to show that people that say Ronaldo isn't a big game player have no clue what they are talking about and should stop watching football.
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Quote Originally Posted by J-Myc View Post
    I'm glad Ronaldo did his thing and am disappointed that he didn't get a hat-trick but this is another game which goes to show that people that say Ronaldo isn't a big game player have no clue what they are talking about and should stop watching football.
    Ronaldo shot the post twice! How unlucky! And he did an excelent pass where Nani failed! But still, I think Portugal played amazing, best game until now!

Ronaldo actually scored o_O

So, GERMANY AND PORTUGAL HAVE GOT THROUGH THE GROUP OF DEATH!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post

All my friends were making fun of me because we "were gonna lose the group"... in their faces!!!!! I believe we will manage to find Germany in the semi finals! Hopefully!

The Netherlands haven't been up for it from day one IMO, don't know if it's fatigue or lack of team chemistry but what a poor showing overall as a team. I know it's the 'Group of death' but not getting a point is just as J-Myc said. Not good enough.

You expected something else? He comes up good when needed, the true signs of a great player.

Nice fact I found out just now looking over some documents in my bedroom; When Fernando Torres scores, Spain never lose.

Awesome fact, and that's why Torres should start, but Cesc is my boy, so he should start too, but either on the wing or in midfield.

What on earth happened to the Netherlands? Arguably the poorest performances at this tournament. Suffering from a severe lack of team chemistry, and just not caring enough. So much for being the top seeded team in the group. On the other hand, Portugal played rather well and look capable of damaging any team on the day.

My prediction for a Germany vs. Czech Republic final is still on!

Ronaldo silenced the haters today, imo he really is the best in the world.
    Sucks that Denmark didn't advance though.
    Predictions:
    Germany 2-0 Greece
    Czech Republic 2-1 Portugal (extra time) (really want this upset to happen)

The Netherlands haven't been up for it from day one IMO, don't know if it's fatigue or lack of team chemistry but what a poor showing overall as a team. I know it's the 'Group of death' but not getting a point is just as J-Myc said. Not good enough.
    It's the lack of team chemistry I think. The egos of all those world class players may have had something to do with it, but imo they never really connected. Which is weird because they made it to the World Cup final with a pretty similar team. So why they were so disconnected this time round is confusing.

Nice fact I found out just now looking over some documents in my bedroom; When Fernando Torres scores, Spain never lose.
    Lolwut "documents"
    This is actually almost true, though, amazingly.
    They lost to Macedonia on August 12, 2009, if I'm reading Torres' Wikipedia article correctly, but that's it I think.
    Last edited by KickAsh; 18th June 2012 at 4:09 AM.

Pretty sure Spain have never lost to Macedonia, certainly not recently.

^You're right, Spain won 3-2.
    Interestingly enough, Macedonia was winning 2-0 at the half. What an upset that would have been for 2009 Macedonia.
    That's amazing that Spain has never lost when Torres has scored.

To be fair, Spain rarely seem to lose anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    To be fair, Spain rarely seem to lose anyway...
    They lost to Switzerland in the world cup, but they end up beating Germany and Holland... Spanish logic XD I just noticed Spain only won by 1-0 after the group phase, vs Portugal, Paraguay, Germany and Holland

Croatia va Spain and Ireland vs Italy today! My predictions are 2-1 to Spain and 2-0 Italy.

Page 53 of 266 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast