Page 55 of 265 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 6618

Thread: Soccer Thread

Default Such a disappointment

Eurgh, England are through and thanks to Ibrahimovic's goal of the tournament, now get the "bonus" of having to play against Italy instead of Spain. Can't say I'm best pleased about this but it is what it is. I was rather looking forward to Spain demolish England but I guess I'll have to settle for Italy doing the business.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    And in other news, Arsenal have apparently agreed a deal to sign Oliver Giroud for a reported Ł12m fee an to link up with the squad after the Euros. Makes van Persie's situation more interesting now we brought another left footed striker after Podolski.
    Fully expect Arsenal to do this regardless of whether van Persie stays or not but if he does leave then another striker must be signed of similar quality. There's no way Arsenal can go through another season relying on the likes of the prolific Chamakh, the ubiquitous Park and the mighty Vela if van Persie gets injured or need a rest or whatnot. Any top team needs 3-4 top class strikers to actually compete and last season Arsenal had one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    I'm sorry, why do we even have officials on the line if they miss a clear goal?
    My goodness I haven't a clue, do these extra officials actually do anything? He was blatantly watching to see if it had crossed the line which it did. The sooner goal-line technology comes into play the better off football will be. Modern day football should not be this backwards.
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Quote Originally Posted by J-Myc View Post
    Eurgh, England are through and thanks to Ibrahimovic's goal of the tournament, now get the "bonus" of having to play against Italy instead of Spain. Can't say I'm best pleased about this but it is what it is. I was rather looking forward to Spain demolish England but I guess I'll have to settle for Italy doing the business.

Fully expect Arsenal to do this regardless of whether van Persie stays or not but if he does leave then another striker must be signed of similar quality. There's no way Arsenal can go through another season relying on the likes of the prolific Chamakh, the ubiquitous Park and the mighty Vela if van Persie gets injured or need a rest or whatnot. Any top team needs 3-4 top class strikers to actually compete and last season Arsenal had one.

My goodness I haven't a clue, do these extra officials actually do anything? He was blatantly watching to see if it had crossed the line which it did. The sooner goal-line technology comes into play the better off football will be. Modern day football should not be this backwards.
    Which country do you actually support? I see your profile says London England yet you slate the team at every opportunity.

Great, Russia failed to deliver against Greece, and Ukraine couldn't beat England. Now I have little to no reason to watch Euro 2012.
    Pittsburgh Steelers Rule
    ~Music is like Candy; You Just Gotta Throw Out the Rappers~
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven.’

Quote Originally Posted by Lasien View Post
    There was an offside involved in that anyways.
    So I guess the linesman is incompetent too...

Default Good football

Quote Originally Posted by Lasien View Post
    Which country do you actually support? I see your profile says London England yet you slate the team at every opportunity.
    I don't support a country anymore, I just like seeing good football, something that England don't really have a concept of.
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Matchday four predictions:

Czech Republic 1-2 Portugal

Spain 1-2 France

Germany 2-0 Greece

England 1-1 Italy (Italy win on penalties)

So far I've gotten four correct scores out of twenty four, pretty bad predicting form...

Matchday four predictions:

Czech Republic 1-2 Portugal

Spain 1-2 France

Germany 2-0 Greece

England 1-1 Italy (Italy win on penalties)

So far I've gotten four correct scores out of twenty four, pretty bad predicting form...
    Lol I am doing far worse then with the World cup, partialy because the Netherlands is out and I am stuborn enough to always predict a win for us. :P
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

So I guess the linesman is incompetent too...
    Yes very much so, maybe Sepp Blatter will now urge the use of goal line technology...

I always found it funny that they stand there useless in most matches. Now that they are even making mistakes in the rare occasions they actually need to act, the faults in this system are starting to show. Either introduce technology properly or embrace referee errors and go back to the normal refereeing setup. This half-assed attempt of Uefa is rather laughable.

In other news, we have to play England now. A lot of people are happy because they think France is stronger (which is not true), but it sucks for me because I wanted to see both England and Italy in the semis. Now, despite my general dislike of Spain's national football team, I have to root for them because I can't stand France.

Note to Platini: Get rid of those incompetent fifth officials

Quote Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post
    Note to Platini: Get rid of those incompetent fifth officials
    I would rather we got rid of Platini

Seriously, bring in the Goal Line Technology, please.

Anyway, in non-Euro news, Giroud of France has apparently denied linking up with Arsenal.

Yeah and he was like right next to the goal, looking at the ball and the line!! i mean wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    Yeah and he was like right next to the goal, looking at the ball and the line!! i mean wtf?
    Mayby the line was curved..

THE QUARTER FINALS OF THE EURO 2012 BEGINS TODAY! Czech Republic-Portugal, and my prediction is:

Czech Republic 1-2 Portugal BUT RONALDO WON'T SCORE

THE QUARTER FINALS OF THE EURO 2012 BEGINS TODAY! Czech Republic-Portugal, and my prediction is:

Czech Republic 1-2 Portugal BUT RONALDO WON'T SCORE
    If only he didn't score against us.. -.-

I think Portugal will win with 0-2

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    If only he didn't score against us.. -.-

I think Portugal will win with 0-2
    Oranje was still not going through

By the way, DIDIER DROGBA HAS CONFIRMED HIS MOVE TO SHANGHAI SHENHUA FC
    Last edited by ~Nicole~; 21st June 2012 at 6:37 PM.

Lol Nani crybaby goes down again. Glad he didn't got his Penalty.

Lol, Ronaldo is such as shit-tounge, no Ballon d' or for you Cristiano! Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Why is everyone complaining? Ronaldo once again shot the post twice, and honestly we deserved at least one more goal -_- At the end it was like 20 something attempts by Portugal against 2 or 3 by Czech Republic. Anyways, I am not sure if I wanna see them play France or Spain, but I think France.
    Prediction:
    Germany 2-1 Greece
    Spain 1-2 France
    England 2-1 Italy

Lol, Ronaldo is such as shit-tounge, no Ballon d' or for you Cristiano! Hahahahahahahahahahaha
    You only hate him because he plays for Real.

Got a damn problem with that, bub? Why do you care why I hate him for, what the hell?

the question is Nicole why do you hate him? Oh I know because your from barça. there is no reason for people hate cr7. Actually the cr7 hate is so ridiculous that people from countries like bosnia hate him... they don't know why but they have to. And Sir peras has many reasons to complain: your talking ill about a idol from his country, a proud portugese...
    And why do you have to be so aggressive, stop acting like a brat, girl.
    Sir peras năo lhe ligues pah força Portugal GRANDE JOGO!
    Last edited by Propane; 21st June 2012 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Propane View Post
    Sir peras năo lhe ligues pah força Portugal GRANDE JOGO!
    Haha vou escrever em ingles por causa das regras mas pronto XD
    Yeah Ronaldo is an amazing player, and I understand Nicole hates him cuz he plays in Madrid but honestly, if she thinks Ronaldo wont win the Ballon d'or, who will? Definitely not messi, he didnt win anything this year if i remember correctly, and ronaldo is doing an amazing euro. So nope, messi wont win. Ronaldo has many more chances of winning ^^
    Forca portugal, vamos ganhar o euro!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    Haha vou escrever em ingles por causa das regras mas pronto XD
    Yeah Ronaldo is an amazing player, and I understand Nicole hates him cuz he plays in Madrid but honestly, if she thinks Ronaldo wont win the Ballon d'or, who will? Definitely not messi, he didnt win anything this year if i remember correctly, and ronaldo is doing an amazing euro. So nope, messi wont win. Ronaldo has many more chances of winning ^^
    Forca portugal, vamos ganhar o euro!!
    Messi won the Pichichi award, Copa del Rey, Spanish SuperCup, European Supercup and Club Word Cup -_-

Page 55 of 265 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast