Page 59 of 265 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 6618

Thread: Soccer Thread

  1. #1451
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I'm on a boat mother... what?
    Posts
    5,221

    Default

    No I wanted England to win!! X(
    Well my prediction was totally correct, except Italy one, not England lol.
    England has lost against Germany, Portugal (both teams twice), England and some other team in penalties for the World Cup and Euro lol
    Well, who do you guys think and want to make it to the finals?
    Prediction on what I think will happen:
    Portugal 1-2 Spain
    Germany 1-0 Italy

    Germany 1-0 Spain

    What I want to happen:
    Portugal 1-0 Spain
    Germany 1-0 Italy

    Portugal 2-1 Germany

    xD

  2. #1452
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    On the next flight up
    Posts
    1,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mav-san View Post
    Poor England and the penalties curse.
    They just can't win on penalties. The hoodoo continues...

  3. #1453
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    3,088

    Default

    Italy deserved to win even though I rooted for England :P.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

  4. #1454

    Default

    GOD DAMN.

    Why England.

  5. #1455
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In Unova!
    Posts
    561

    Default

    Be optimistic though; We get to see the current best goalkeeper in the world Manuel Neuer VS Former best 'keeper in the world Gianluigi Buffon! We also get to see the #3 goalkeeper in the world, Iker Casillas VS some shit-tounge.

  6. #1456
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post
    Be optimistic though; We get to see the current best goalkeeper in the world Manuel Neuer VS Former best 'keeper in the world Gianluigi Buffon! We also get to see the #3 goalkeeper in the world, Iker Casillas VS some shit-tounge.
    If by sh*t-tounge you mean Rui Patrício, he's currently one of the best GKs in European and close to be a world class one.

    What's that? What'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthat what'sthatwhat'sthat?

    AS: Sceptile, Sableye, Flygon (?), Relicanth, Muk, Girafarig

  7. #1457
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    On the next flight up
    Posts
    1,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    Italy deserved to win even though I rooted for England :P.
    Yeah, justice was done and I got to say what a penalty by Pirlo. Supreme confidence that was.

  8. #1458
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In Unova!
    Posts
    561

    Default

    ^ Sorry for my rudeness to Portugal, but his name seemed to have slipped me

    Who do you guys think will win the Gigi Buffon VS Manuel Neuer battle? Neuer is my bet. No Balotelli or anyone is scoring past him.

  9. #1459
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post
    ^ Sorry for my rudeness to Portugal, but his name seemed to have slipped me

    Who do you guys think will win the Gigi Buffon VS Manuel Neuer battle? Neuer is my bet. No Balotelli or anyone is scoring past him.
    Npz, I actually didn't quite understand what you meant and just assumed you said he sucked in some fancy sort of way. Sorry from me too.

    And no matter how much I love Buffon, Neuer is currently the top GK.

    What's that? What'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthat what'sthatwhat'sthat?

    AS: Sceptile, Sableye, Flygon (?), Relicanth, Muk, Girafarig

  10. #1460
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I'm on a boat mother... what?
    Posts
    5,221

    Default

    Yeah I agree, Neuer is the best GK of the world at the moment, plus it plays in one of the, if not THE best team in the world.
    Against Spain, I hope to see a great match, no bad referee (lol), and overall, great football. If Portugal wins and goes to the finals I will **** my pants, but we'll see xD

  11. #1461
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In Unova!
    Posts
    561

    Default

    The bad referee was sent home already ( the one that refereed the first match, Poland-Greece ) and we will see an entertaining spectacle if Portugal come out and attack and don't just sit back and play '' Chelsea ''-style.

  12. #1462
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    442

    Default

    Portugal-Spain sort of feels like a Madrid-Barça.

    What's that? What'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthat what'sthatwhat'sthat?

    AS: Sceptile, Sableye, Flygon (?), Relicanth, Muk, Girafarig

  13. #1463
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I'm on a boat mother... what?
    Posts
    5,221

    Default

    Yeah if we play like we did against Holland, I see our chances increasing a lot Don't want to sound too confident, but we played amazingly that game

  14. #1464
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,170

    Default Oh the ignorant masses...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mav-san View Post
    Seems like England never won a penalty shootout at official competitions. Tremble.
    So Euro 96 doesn't count as an official competition then?

    So the correct winner has gone through in the end. Italy fully deserved that win seeing as England clearly were posing no threat whatsoever. It was annoying watching the game in the pub with everyone believing they can do a better job as manager and the players. I cannot fault England though as they played with the resources they had and had they tried to play any other way they would have been demolished.

    Which brings me to my next point about Portugal/Spain game, I will be rooting for Portugal all the way seeing as Spain play a complete dull style of football now. It isn't so much Spain's fault as it is the teams set up to counter Spain's possession football. Only a moron who doesn't understand tactics would think that teams are really going to try and out-pass and out possession play Spain, it's simply not going to happen.

    I fully expect Spain to make short work of Portugal simply because to beat Spain you need to have discipline and stay organised which is something that I cannot see Portugal doing over the entire 90 minutes. I'm not expecting Ronaldo to do well seeing as no doubt the moment he has the ball he will be pressured into passing the ball straight away or simply being hounded off the ball.
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience


  15. #1465
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Although I live in England and am disappointed they went out and not surprised I have to say kudos to Pirlo. That was a great penalty. Although Young should have done better with his penalty, I feel it was unlucky hitting the bar whereas Cole's was awful tbh. Overall though, Italy deserve to go through so congratulations to them.

    I fell England were too negative and defensive, always playing backwards, but I reckon either at 2014 or 2016 we'll be in a better shape (providing James Milner disappears). Players such as Chris Smalling, Phil Jones, Danny Welbeck, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Tom Cleverley will have developed for a couple of years with the likes of Andy Carroll and Joe Hart having a couple more years of international experience.

    I agree about Spain being dull. They make a good chance to go forward and just pass sideways or backwards. That's why I'm rooting for Portugal, they attack (plus they have Ronaldo and Nani) but I see Spain winning.

    Oh and I'm going for a repeat of the 2008 final but with Germany winning this time. 2-1. (Gomez (2), Silva).

    The good thing is at least we can get back to the Premier League which is a lot more interesting than internationals anyway. More exciting football and excellent matches.

    And I'm backing Manchester United to get our trophy back from City this year with Kagawa having an impact. Up the Red Devils!!

  16. #1466
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In Unova!
    Posts
    561

    Default

    England deserved to be out to me, I really couldn't give a crap either ways, VIVE ESPANA!!!

    Who do you guys think will finish as the top scorer of the Euro? I say Fernando Torres or Cesc.

  17. #1467
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Top scorer? I'm going Mario Gomez, possibly Ronaldo if Portugal beat Spain.

    I'm calling Howard Webb as referee for the final. He had the Champions League and World Cup Finals in 2010 so why not the Euro's now England are out, and as you say deserve to be.

  18. #1468
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In Unova!
    Posts
    561

    Default

    I think Pedro Proenca should referee it, I like how he refereed the CL finals.

  19. #1469
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post
    I think Pedro Proenca should referee it, I like how he refereed the CL finals.
    I recognise him, where's he from?

  20. #1470
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In Unova!
    Posts
    561

    Default

    He was born in Portugal, so which means La Roja are just going to have to take out Cristiano Ronaldo's Portugal and he can referee

  21. #1471
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    Italy deserved to win
    Most definitely, England played awfully and Italy should have scored a couple of times. They did get the victory they deserved, it just took 30~ minutes too long.

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post
    Who do you guys think will win the Gigi Buffon VS Manuel Neuer battle? Neuer is my bet. No Balotelli or anyone is scoring past him.
    As much as I hate to agree with you, I think you're right. Buffon was top keeper in the world about 6 years ago, now it is assuredly Neuer.
    Gotta say I like Gigi better, though.


    Quote Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post
    Who do you guys think will finish as the top scorer of the Euro? I say Fernando Torres or Cesc.
    These are both pretty bad guesses, I'm going with Mario Gomez if Germany goes all the way.

  22. #1472
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Exile
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J-Myc View Post
    So Euro 96 doesn't count as an official competition then?

    So the correct winner has gone through in the end. Italy fully deserved that win seeing as England clearly were posing no threat whatsoever. It was annoying watching the game in the pub with everyone believing they can do a better job as manager and the players. I cannot fault England though as they played with the resources they had and had they tried to play any other way they would have been demolished.

    Which brings me to my next point about Portugal/Spain game, I will be rooting for Portugal all the way seeing as Spain play a complete dull style of football now. It isn't so much Spain's fault as it is the teams set up to counter Spain's possession football. Only a moron who doesn't understand tactics would think that teams are really going to try and out-pass and out possession play Spain, it's simply not going to happen.

    I fully expect Spain to make short work of Portugal simply because to beat Spain you need to have discipline and stay organised which is something that I cannot see Portugal doing over the entire 90 minutes. I'm not expecting Ronaldo to do well seeing as no doubt the moment he has the ball he will be pressured into passing the ball straight away or simply being hounded off the ball.
    I completely agree with you here. Which is kind of funny, cause on the club level I almost never agree with your opinions. Heh.

    Anyway, I'm kind of sick how a lot of people are writing Italy off already. Yes, Germany got 2 more days of rest, we played 120 minutes and the players have a long-ish trip to make to Poland, and yes, Germany IS probably the strongest team of the tournament, but Italy has a really good record against them and we have played really well so far.

  23. #1473
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    442

    Default

    The four teams in the semi finals are the current top european in my opinion, so I'm expecting two great matches. We'll probably see German leading the game from the beginning with Italy playing its signature counterattack strategy, and a similar situation for Spain vs Portugal, since the Spanish side plays in a similar way to Barcelona and it was shown several times yet (through Real and Chelsea) that the best counter to the tiki taka is a strong, organized defense and deadly counterattacks, which the Portuguese team is excellent at both. I underline the danger of the left flank combination of Coentrăo-Ronaldo (or Nani), which Arbeloa, being a kind of mediocre player, will have a hard time against.

    What's that? What'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthat what'sthatwhat'sthat?

    AS: Sceptile, Sableye, Flygon (?), Relicanth, Muk, Girafarig

  24. #1474
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The United States of Kingdom
    Posts
    5,456

    Default

    Another tournament loss for England! Oh well. From a neutral standpoint I would have probably wanted Italy to go through anywho, just to provide a more entertaining semi. Plus the fact that Germany would wipe the floor with England...

    Matchday five predictions:

    Portugal 1-2 Spain (aet)

    Germany 2-2 Italy (Italy win on pens)

  25. #1475
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    I completely agree with you here. Which is kind of funny, cause on the club level I almost never agree with your opinions. Heh.

    Anyway, I'm kind of sick how a lot of people are writing Italy off already. Yes, Germany got 2 more days of rest, we played 120 minutes and the players have a long-ish trip to make to Poland, and yes, Germany IS probably the strongest team of the tournament, but Italy has a really good record against them and we have played really well so far.
    Don't get it wrong: Italy has a good chance. Never count them out, like against England, down 2-1 in PKs, win 4-2. See?

    Pokemon X Round 2


Page 59 of 265 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •