Page 60 of 266 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 6643

Thread: Soccer Thread

Portugal 0-1 Spain

Germany - Italy 2-0
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

What do Italy have to do to Eliminate Germany?Justify explanation by stating the formation you would have used and the 11 players you'd have Started.

I think they'll need to revert back to a 3-5-2 and have Antonio Nocerino and Di Natale, keep Montolivo who has shown promising signs of a great player ( beside his penalty miss in the recent shootout against England and even give Alessandro Diamanti a starting berth, and of course keep the maestro Andrea Pirlo. Mario Balotelli and di Natale to start up front. If they do this, they have a good chance of knocking out the Germans to me. Discuss!

Formation: 3-5-2

GOALKEEPER: GIANLUIGI BUFFON

DEFENCE: Chiellini, Lenonardo Bunocci, Ignazio Abate

MIDFIELD: Nocerino, Pirlo, De Rossi, Montolivo, Diamanti

ATTACK: di Natale, Mario Balotelli

Diamanti is a great player and we've seen that over the years, we've seen him on his journey to the stars, and now he has arrived to where he wanted to go all those years past when playing for Livorno and West Ham etc., so he should definitely be given a starting berth, Buffon is the undisputed goalkeeper for Italy, the defensive trio of Bunocci, Cheillini and Abate is pretty strong to hold off Gomez/Klose, Nocerino is a monster and performed well coming of the bench for Italy against England, Pirlo is a definite starter, De Rossi is there to make it look nice, but mind you, he is effective, Montolivo is showing very nice promise and has been playing well, with his only blunder being the missed spot kick against England, and as I already explained, Alessandro Diamanti. Di Natale instead of Cassano and, of course, Mario Balotelli.
    Last edited by ~Nicole~; 26th June 2012 at 3:23 AM.

I think this game will be won at midfield. Neither of teams is particularly strong down the flanks, and play with many midfield players. On paper, Germany seems to have the upper hand with players like Schweinsteigger, Ozil, Khedira, Kroos, etc, which could be considered the second world's strongest midfield after the Spanish side, but Italy's Pirlo, Marchisio, De Rossi or Nocerino are nothing to shrug off. Italy could also try pressing down the flanks in counterattack with a 3-5-2, using Giovinco, Balotelli or Diamanti. A duo of defensive midfielders like Pirlo and De Rossi would ensure quality of pass and should be very competent at aiding the 3 defenders line.

What's that? What'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthat what'sthatwhat'sthat?

AS: Sceptile, Sableye, Flygon (?), Relicanth, Muk, Girafarig

Guys, guys, wait! Look at the gif in my sig, and you'll see Ronaldo crying ^^

Ok portugal let's go kick some ***!!! It will be very very difficult, but I hope we win, I have something stuck on my throat since 2004 (god awful final for me as portuguese, but best tournameant ever) and 2006 so this time please be our time to shine,spain,germany and italy already had their time.
    But there is no doubt that nowadays the best 4 teams in europe are these 4 at the semi-finals.
    FORÇA PORTUGAL!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    Yeah if we play like we did against Holland, I see our chances increasing a lot Don't want to sound too confident, but we played amazingly that game
    Please can you call the Netherlands not Holland? I don't call Portugal Lisbon either >.>. And by the way, you guys didn't play good, we simply had no defence.

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    Please can you call the Netherlands not Holland? I don't call Portugal Lisbon either >.>. And by the way, you guys didn't play good, we simply had no defence.
    That's being a bad sport man, for the record at some point we weren't even being serious. Not be able to recognise and admire your rival abilities is not a very good attitude.And I don't like all this excuses: if we play very well against germany, it's because germany wasn't serious, if we play very well against Danmark it doesn't cout because it's the weakest team on the group of death, if we play very well against Netherlands it doesn't count because they have a crappy defense and if we play very well against czech republic it's because ... well... simply because. JESUS!
    In portuguese netherlands are called Holanda so it's only natural for we to call Holland to Netherlands.
    Last edited by Propane; 27th June 2012 at 5:38 PM.

If you saw the game, you know we were superior for the most part of it. We created the most danger, had the best chances, etc etc. We did our job and did it well, while Netherlands's didn't, and so we won. And it wasn't just the defense, your whole team was in shambles, it was obvious something was going on between the group. But that doesn't take away our merit, at 20 minutes of game time I was already observing that we were the overall superior team and so the result confirmed it. And I know Netherlands's is capable of much better.

Btw, I could swear that even in your country you would call the national team "Holland". Was I wrong? I know at least most of people in the world say it.

What's that? What'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthat what'sthatwhat'sthat?

Quote Originally Posted by Mav-san View Post
    If you saw the game, you know we were superior for the most part of it. We created the most danger, had the best chances, etc etc. We did our job and did it well, while Netherlands's didn't, and so we won. And it wasn't just the defense, your whole team was in shambles, it was obvious something was going on between the group. But that doesn't take away our merit, at 20 minutes of game time I was already observing that we were the overall superior team and so the result confirmed it. And I know Netherlands's is capable of much better.

Btw, I could swear that even in your country you would call the national team "Holland". Was I wrong? I know at least most of people in the world say it.
    I agree with everything you said, totally out classed Holland in that game.
    Yes I also say Holland.

Quote Originally Posted by Propane View Post
    That's being a bad sport man, for the record at some point we weren't even being serious. Not be able to recognise and admire your rival abilities is not a very good attitude.And I don't like all this excuses: if we play very well against germany, it's because germany wasn't serious, if we play very well against Danmark it doesn't cout because it's the weakest team on the group of death, if we play very well against Netherlands it doesn't count because they have a crappy defense and if we play very well against czech republic it's because ... well... simply because. JESUS!
    In portuguese netherlands are called Holanda so it's only natural for we to call Holland to Netherlands.
    No we had to play in attack because we had to score 2 goals, so we sacreficed our defence for more attack, even tho that only worked for the first 25 mins. But Holland isn't the proper name for the Netherlands in English. Holland is only a part of the country and if you don't live in that area like me it can piss you off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mav-san View Post

Same story as above, and while some do call the National team Holland, the country is in fact called the Netherlands.

I agree with everything you said, totally out classed Holland in that game.
    Yes I also say Holland.
    I don't expect you to understand because you live in the same area people often confuse your country with. (Calling the UK England)

Very tactical match so far. We are succeeding in blocking Spain's style of play, but Spain is also playing rather carefully which is impeding us from doing our job. Not a beautiful display from both teams yet, but an even match though. We'll see if both teams take more risks on the second half, otherwise I see the result staying the same.

I don't expect you to understand because you live in the same area people often confuse your country with. (Calling the UK England)
    But It is both the UK and England, depending on what the situation is. You just need to not let little things like that bother you so much.
    Last edited by Garnet Til Alexandros XVII; 27th June 2012 at 9:44 PM.

So, up to this point, who would you guys select for a tournament best XI? Feel free to choose any formation you want. This is based purely on talent, not whether these guys would play well together and was probably more than a little biased (ie, oh I like so-and-so better than so-and-so).
    For me, in a 4-4-2, it would be:

Spoiler:- Tournament XI:
    Last edited by KickAsh; 28th June 2012 at 5:53 PM.

Van Marwijk quits as Dutch coach.

Van Marwijk quits as Dutch coach.
    Wise choice.

JESUS this Spain is so boring it's almost painful to watch. I wish Portugal wins so we will be saved from having to endure their football ruining the final as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Wise choice.

JESUS this Spain is so boring it's almost painful to watch. I wish Portugal wins so we will be saved from having to endure their football ruining the final as well.
    It isn't their football, it is the other teams preventing them to play attractive football.

What a disappointing end to an incredibly disappointing game.

Good job Portugal, played amazing, but it's just so boring to play against Spain's gamestyle. Cmon Germany, you can beat Italy and then Spain!!

YES, YES, YEA!!!!! CESC, THE HERO JUST LIKE IN 2008!! YES, YES, YES!!!!!! VIVE ESPANA!!!!!!!!!!!! VIVE ESPANA!!!!!!!!!!! VIVE ESPANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go cry, Ronaldo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post
    YES, YES, YEA!!!!! CESC, THE HERO JUST LIKE IN 2008!! YES, YES, YES!!!!!! VIVE ESPANA!!!!!!!!!!!! VIVE ESPANA!!!!!!!!!!! VIVE ESPANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go cry, Ronaldo!!!
    Hey Nicole, Spain passed the ball for 120 mns, and noone of your players played extremely well. So it doesnt make sense for you to make fun of Ronaldo, cuz three of your players marked him, while the other 8 passed the ball for the game.
    Cmon Germany, beat italy and then kill spain!!

Spain is seriously the worst team ever. I hope someone blows up their hotel.

Oh yeah, me enjoys listening to jealous people talk because their team don't play great football and don't win as much as a dust Nothing takes away our merit, we won, and we made it to a third consecutive major finals, that's all. VIVE ESPANA!

LOL in your team the only player that... lets say has skills to dribble and not pass 24/7 is iniesta. What merit? Passing for 120 mns and winning in penalties? That's not merit, that's anti-football and luck. Your team did not play great football either, in fact, even spanish people complained about your game style. Why do u think every time spain had the ball, there was people whistling? cuZz spain's game is boring as hell!! So uhmm... nope no skills there, just luck -.- It's like only spanish people cant see how anti the game spain plays is

You know what is anti-football??? How Chelsea played against Barcelona and Bayern Munich is anti-football, that isn't football and that's luck.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post
    You know what is anti-football??? How Chelsea played against Barcelona and Bayern Munich is anti-football, that isn't football and that's luck.
    Omg Spain taking the ball and passing 24/7 just to find a gap (and fail btw) and then get the ball back pass it to casillas, pass it through the defenders and the same thing over and over again is anti football. They keep the ball forever and try to attack but fail, and then keep the ball forever. It's wasting time, and that's anti-football. And penalties are luck indeed -_-

Page 60 of 266 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast