Page 61 of 260 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 6479

Thread: Soccer Thread

Anti-football is what Barcelona and Spain are doing. Passing the ball sideways for 80 minutes making it both dull to watch, but also makes it more annoying for the other team. Also, Chelsea had "luck"? I don't care if you create 2 chances or 20, it all comes down to scoring GOALS. Chelsea used their chances to score goals against Barcelona, Barcelona on the other hand missed EVERYTHING. Seriously, their accuracy in front of goal was so ****in' bad that even Bolton or Stoke would have scored more goals.

BUT if Portugal had won you'd have been saying something else. It's called being biased, but no problem with me. I mean, had Spain lost I'd have said '' Congratulations '' and probably would have taken a shot at Ronaldo and go in my room and cry, but you wanna come and slam my side and say ( Zantera ) that you hoped Portugal knocked us out so that you don't have to watch that '' awful '' football in the finals, then there's a simple solution; DON'T WATCH THE FINALS. Take your loss and move on, Portuguese, and non-Portuguese and people that don't even have a side in the tournament anymore, DON'T WATCH THE FINALS. Thank you.

I will watch the finals because Germany is the best team in the world at the moment, and can easily destroy Spain's passing game style. You see, if it was any other team the finals would be the most boring game ever, because as mentioned before, Spain does nothing and just passes 24/7. Just cuz you're Spanish you shouldn't deny it. And no, if Portugal won I would be happier, but I would still insult Spain's gamestyle for being BORING. And you see, we (as in Portuguese fans) aren't mean and we don't make fun of players, unlike you Nicole, who always try to bring Ronaldo down. Well guess what, Ronaldo overcomes any Spanish player you can think of that plays at the moment, just he was being marked by three today. Yeah, three. So making fun of him just shows that you, even though you won, are not mature enough to a) admit Spain plays a boring style ; B) Ronaldo doesn't suck, and he is better than 99.9% of the players in the world. I know I am not being mature here either for complaining at spain, but at least i have a reason, your boring game style, while you just insult ronaldo for being a barca fan. Yup, you cant deny it

The chosen ones (for now)

If Germany goes to the final I will watch it because of them. And the hope that they will win over Spain with 9-0 and Xavi will cry like a baby on TV.

*Sighs* Oh, please, lol, you guys are being too funny!!!

Spain is the best team in the world with the second and third best players in the world, Iniesta and Xavi respectfully, and Germany aren't 100% assured to be in the finals. It's funny how you guys don't insult Blackburn and or England who are not in the least successful sides by any means and go after the best club team in the world and the best national team in the world.

As Sandro Rossel said, Ronaldo is the 12th best player in the world, behind the Barca Starting IX!!!

Sure nicole -_- ronaldo is even with messi. No wait, he definitely is worse than Valdes, Pique, Abidal and all those players, right....
    Now you have no arguments you just go with "you guys are funny!!!" Oh and I was okay with you celebrating spain's win, I mean, I'd do the same, but the thing is, you ALWAYS insult ronaldo. It gets personal with that, and honestly, your lack of respect amazes me. You are a rude, egocentric person Nicole. It's just too hard for you to admit that Ronaldo plays well. Cmon admit it, ronaldo played amazing against holland. And against Czech republic. And in the spanish league.

The chosen ones (for now)

He's a good player, but I feel obligated to insult him, I can't control it. He's an amazing player, and if Messi didn't exist, he may have well been the best in the world, but I can't help but insult him, it's developed into an, um, habit.

England may have gone out against Italy, but at least they tried playing football. The fact that they suck and couldn't score their penalties is another issue.

Personally I'd take Ronaldo over Messi. I'd say Ronaldo is a more allround player, Messi is still good though.

I am Portuguese and I am obviosly sad for the defeat, but we played very well in this match against Spain and we struggled very well against them. We hadn't luck in the penalties, but Paulo Bento (the coach) shouldn't put Bruno Alves to take the penalty lol. And also he could substitute the 3 players much sooner. Well, some people thought that Portugal wouldn't reach the semi-finals, so I am very proud of our team. Pepe, Moutinho, Coentrao and also Ronaldo (not in the Denmark game) were amazing in the Euro Cup.

And the final will be Germany-Spain of course. Personally I think that Germany is stronger than Spain, so I predict a victory for them.

Btw, Ronaldo is the most complete player in the world, but Messi is a total monster. But I wouldn't surprised if Cristiano wins the Ballon d'Or. He deserves it, just like Messi.
    [img]http://i45.*******.com/34pxspi.png[/img]

Let's all be civilized and calm down, now, though.

So, football news today: Defending European and World Champions Spain have made their third consecutive major finals in 4 years and are on the verge of making an historical treble, while Bert van Marwijk has quit his pos as Netherlands manager and Villas-Boas has allegedly denied a managerial job at Sao Paulo. Pagliuca has stated that Italy can beat Germany if they give it their all and play their game while Gianluigi Buffon has rallyed his partners on Facebook by saying that nothing is impossible for those who dare to dream and claim that playing in a semi final at the Euros against Germany has only been a dream and he didn't expect the Azzuri to get that far.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post
    *Sighs* Oh, please, lol, you guys are being too funny!!!

Spain is the best team in the world with the second and third best players in the world, Iniesta and Xavi respectfully, and Germany aren't 100% assured to be in the finals. It's funny how you guys don't insult Blackburn and or England who are not in the least successful sides by any means and go after the best club team in the world and the best national team in the world.

As Sandro Rossel said, Ronaldo is the 12th best player in the world, behind the Barca Starting IX!!!

Yay Blackburn got a mention...to bad we are rubbish
    But to say we aren't successful is another matter that simply isn't true.

Best three players in the world are Messi followed by Ronaldo followed by Iniesta
    Last edited by Garnet Til Alexandros XVII; 28th June 2012 at 12:39 AM.

Default After the 4-6-0 we'll see a 5-5-0, you heard it here first!

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Spain is seriously the worst team ever. I hope someone blows up their hotel.
    Okay you're taking it a bit far here. Spain are by no means the worst team ever however they have been very dull to watch as of late with their possession based football. It's easy to say "Oh it's the other teams fault because they park the bus in front of the goal" but let's be honest here, if the other team is especially proficient at crosses and has a big target man you don't choose two of your smallest centre back in order to mark them, you choose your strongest and tallest centre backs to out muscle them in the air and you tell your players to close down their wingers to stop the crosses coming in.

Just like Spain are very good at ball retention and will exploit any space you give them so the only way to really counter that is to sit in front of the goal and hopefully score from a break or by other means. There is the other way of pressing them constantly throughout the entire game but that is the quickest way to drain stamina and considering how that leaves you open and leave gaps, it's a very risky method.

The point I'm making is football is all about countering your opponent's game-plan and executing your own. Unfortunately Spain's game-plan is keep the ball away from their opposition which means they give the opposition two choices, to chase them or to sit back. Switzerland showed the world in the World Cup that sitting back is the best option against Spain's tactics.

The final thing I want to say is that Spain have now pretty much invented a 4-6-0 formation, designed to strangle the midfield and to always have passing options. No strikers...some might even say that that is more negative than the ultra defensive tactics teams employ in an effort to stop Spain

Anti-football is what Barcelona and Spain are doing. Passing the ball sideways for 80 minutes making it both dull to watch, but also makes it more annoying for the other team. Also, Chelsea had "luck"? I don't care if you create 2 chances or 20, it all comes down to scoring GOALS. Chelsea used their chances to score goals against Barcelona, Barcelona on the other hand missed EVERYTHING. Seriously, their accuracy in front of goal was so ****in' bad that even Bolton or Stoke would have scored more goals.
    Just...bear in mind that due to the fact Barcelona will have more shots and some will be off target, their accuracy will be much lower than a team how shot once but got it on target.

It's funny how you guys don't insult Blackburn and or England who are not in the least successful sides by any means and go after the best club team in the world and the best national team in the world.
    Read the thread again, all the England comments made here haven't always been flattering.

Personally I'd take Ronaldo over Messi. I'd say Ronaldo is a more allround player, Messi is still good though.
    Ahh the always refreshing Ronaldo/Messi debate. I'd personally take Ronaldo too seeing as he's taller. I'm not saying Messi is bad or anything but when you're a big bulking defender and you see a 5ft whatever defender you are going to feel like you can take him on and bully him out of the game. With Ronaldo because of his build and his strength it already inflicts a psychological blow to the defender when they feel that they aren't stronger than him.
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Who needs height when you're Messi and can just walk through an entire team like a frickin ghost??? Seriously, lol. It's the whole thing, actually, Barca doesn't really have tall and strong players like Ronaldo and Drogba, we have shorter and lighter players like Xavi, Iniesta and Messi, but we're still the best team in the world, so just asking you.
    Last edited by ~Nicole~; 28th June 2012 at 3:44 AM.

It's quite easy for Messi to walk through defenses in Spain because the league is lame. There are two good teams, followed by 3-4 decent teams. After that we have 15 other teams with defenses that suck bad. If the defender just stands looking and applauding Messi, it's no work to get passed them.
    Messi would have a much harder time in a league where even the crappier teams have better defenders.

And apart from Messi scoring a few goals lately in Argentina, he hasn't really performed the best internationally before that, so I don't think a few goals in the last games justify for not being good earlier.

It's quite easy for Messi to walk through defenses in Spain because the league is lame. There are two good teams, followed by 3-4 decent teams. After that we have 15 other teams with defenses that suck bad. If the defender just stands looking and applauding Messi, it's no work to get passed them.
    Messi would have a much harder time in a league where even the crappier teams have better defenders.

And apart from Messi scoring a few goals lately in Argentina, he hasn't really performed the best internationally before that, so I don't think a few goals in the last games justify for not being good earlier.
    This is why I dislike the Spanish la liga. It simply is too boring.

I can't believe I am saying this but I hope Germany wins *gasp*

Let's end the Spanish hegomony!

(also Spain didn't play that much better then Portugal yesterday it really was anyones game uptil the extra time where Spain did play better)
    Last edited by 7 tyranitars; 28th June 2012 at 10:12 AM.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Good luck with getting to the finals and trying to defeat us! You'll need it.

We're really missing David Villa a lot though, if he was here all now we'd have probably finished Portugal in normal time, but, watcha going to do...Arbeloa got a great chance in the beginning and he hit it over We still won though, and that's all that matters! Despite criticism that we're boring and dull, we've made it to yet another finals! VIVA ESPANA!!!

My Prediction:
    Germany 2-1 Italy

Oh, and btw, that's why Messi absolutely mashed up against Man U in the CL Finals in 2011.

You might have won but Ronaldo didn't cry
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

You know what is anti-football??? How Chelsea played against Barcelona and Bayern Munich is anti-football, that isn't football and that's luck.
    It's actually a strategy, Barcelona (and Spain too, incidentally) are both very vulnerable to the counterattack. Roberto di Matteo had Chelsea park the bus and then utilize the speed of players like Ramires to blow by Barca's defenders who have a tendency to come too far up, and either shoot or cross it to the hulk that is Drogba.
    Speaking of luck, Bruno Alves' penalty kick hit the crossbar and went out, Cesc's hit the post and went in. If either kick had bounced differently, Portugal could very well be in the finals.

BUT if Portugal had won you'd have been saying something else. It's called being biased, but no problem with me. I mean, had Spain lost I'd have said '' Congratulations '' and probably would have taken a shot at Ronaldo and go in my room and cry
    Right, because you have no problem being biased.
    And based on how you are still complaining about the CL semifinals, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't just say congrats, insult Ronaldo, and leave. You would probably bring it up for months.

Who needs height when you're Messi and can just walk through an entire team like a frickin ghost??? Seriously, lol. It's the whole thing, actually, Barca doesn't really have tall and strong players like Ronaldo and Drogba, we have shorter and lighter players like Xavi, Iniesta and Messi, but we're still the best team in the world, so just asking you.
    Ronaldo's and Drogba's dominance in the air (I think Ronaldo may be the best in the world in the air) gives them another dimension to their attack. Dribbling is very useful, and Messi is a great dribbler, but having the chance to score on headers makes them well-rounded players.
    Last edited by KickAsh; 28th June 2012 at 6:10 PM. Reason: meant to say semifinal

Messi has scored multiple headers, one of which was in the 2009 CL Final against Man U when people were criticizing him of not heading and shooting from long range ( both of what he did in that match and scored ). I don't care about the CL Final actually, I only care about the CL SEMI-final. And look at Messi's ball control in the GIF in my sig, BOSS.

I'm going for 2-0 Germany win tonight, followed by a 2-1 win fr them in the final.

Some Olympic Football news and looks like Team GB have chosen Ryan Giggs, Craig Bellamy and Micah Richards as their over 23 players.

Personally I am an Italy fan, however I have my doubts. I would like to believe that Italy could beet Germany with ease, but it either won't happen or it won't be easy. My faith in Italy is that Germany has never beaten Italy in a competitive game. My doubt is the simple point that Germany has been an great team. I can tell everyone here is saying Germany will win, but I personally say Italy, but it will be a close game.

"I'm on a roller coaster that only goes up, my friend."-John Green

Depends, how Italy are set up. If they attack I can see it being a close game, but if they defend high like England did and like a lot of teams have done against Germany and Spain, I can see the Germans winning with ease.

Messi has scored multiple headers, one of which was in the 2009 CL Final against Man U when people were criticizing him of not heading and shooting from long range ( both of what he did in that match and scored ). I don't care about the CL Final actually, I only care about the CL SEMI-final. And look at Messi's ball control in the GIF in my sig, BOSS.
    All that .gif shows is some terrible defense which just proves how bad La Liga really is.

That isn't La Liga. That's a Charity Match Messi's Friends VS Rest of the World and the red team ( Rest of the World ) has the likes of Suarez, Falcao, Cambiasso etc.

I am so tired right now I feel like a corpse, yet I am excited for the match. I now wish I hadn't wasted so much time last night watching that "football match" between Spain and Portugal so I had more energy tonight. Spain has been really pulling a 2004 Greece this tournament, only that they are also completely redefining anti-football.

What I find funny is that if you told someone before the Euro which game between Italy-England/Spain-Portugal would be more exciting and beautiful they'd most defintely say SPN-POR. Because Spain is the best team in the world and Portugal the "european brazil" and both full of technically gifted players; while Italy is the catenaccio super-defensive side and England the cross from sides physical strength team, no? Ironically, England-Italy was the best game of the Euro and Spain-Portugal the worst.

Anyway, Germany have shown to be the most prepared team of the tournament, but I really like our team right now and am confident we can make it to the final.

FORZA ITALIA

Page 61 of 260 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast