Page 63 of 266 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 6645

Thread: Soccer Thread

I sort of want the final to go into PKs, because the match-up of GiGi Buffon and Casillas in a life or death situation. That would be interesting.
    Then again, I don't want a boring 1-1 game with Spain playing their lullaby football. Either way, Italy all the way!

I think Italy will win it in a close game, just depends how much they pressure the Spanish on the ball. If it does go to penalties though I can see Italy winning as I think Buffon is the better keeper and Italy seemed quite confident with them against England.

True, and meanwhile Spain looked sort of shaky in PKs against Portugal.
    Although Casillas is one of the best keepers in the world in PK shootouts, so if the final goes into PKs it really will be exciting.
    I have to say, if it does go into PKs, I think Italy will win.

Nicole is banned for a football g.if in her sig and unbanned on Thursday
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Guys, this is for discussing football, not banned members who discuss football. =p

On that note, I felt that Italy were lucky not to concede early in that match but in the end they deserved the victory. Probably going to wake up early to watch the final live.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Isn''t there supposed to be a "losers" final between Portugal and Germany?

EDIT: just found out there won't be
    Last edited by 7 tyranitars; 30th June 2012 at 11:38 AM.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Nope. Doesn't happen in the Euros. Not really sure why but whatever.

Thats only in the World Cup. It will be interesting to see if Balotelli or Torres grabs the golden boot.
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

That is such a pity, I would have loved another match.

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    That is such a pity, I would have loved another match.
    This is so true. At least you will get more when the Euros turn to 24 teams. I imagine we'll have a 3rd place match then. Not to mention that we'll have all those extra teams
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Quote Originally Posted by abrar14 View Post
    This is so true. At least you will get more when the Euros turn to 24 teams. I imagine we'll have a 3rd place match then. Not to mention that we'll have all those extra teams
    Yeah, some people may think it is bad for the quality, but for European countries it is often easier to make it to the knock out stage on the World cup then on the Euro cup. And there are definetly some countries who deserve it to play at the Euros more often. (For example Scotland and Belgium)

Deserve to play in the Euros and Scotland? Just lol

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    Yeah, some people may think it is bad for the quality, but for European countries it is often easier to make it to the knock out stage on the World cup then on the Euro cup. And there are definetly some countries who deserve it to play at the Euros more often. (For example Scotland and Belgium)
    But those countries didn't even make it to the qualifying play offs? Scotland have been a poor side recently though, their last result being a 5-1 hammering from the US. I think it will decrease the quality, I mean the Republic of Ireland were the poorest side of the tournament, and in the qualifying play offs they best Estonia 4-0, so imagine what score lines would've been produced if they were in it? Plus, the whole group stages will go on forever, not that I'm too bothered about more games, but a lot of people wouldn't want it.

LOL Scotland at the Euros! Anyway news is that Laurent Blanc will not renew his contract with France after it expired today. It's a shame because I think he's a good, upcoming coach with a lot of potential. Didier Deschamps is favourite to replace him after signalling his intention to leave Marseille.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxraymaster View Post
    But those countries didn't even make it to the qualifying play offs? Scotland have been a poor side recently though, their last result being a 5-1 hammering from the US. I think it will decrease the quality, I mean the Republic of Ireland were the poorest side of the tournament, and in the qualifying play offs they best Estonia 4-0, so imagine what score lines would've been produced if they were in it? Plus, the whole group stages will go on forever, not that I'm too bothered about more games, but a lot of people wouldn't want it.
    They where just examples, and Belgium was really close to second place same as Scotland and Norway only lost their Play off spot thanks to goal difference, and Belgium with their recent talented players I expect them to qualify for the next Euros. The point is it gives countries a chance who usualy barely not make it. It also gives other countries more reason to fight.

In non Euro new, I cant wait 9 October for when North Korea try to defend Unofficial Football World Championships against Iran
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Quote Originally Posted by abrar14 View Post
    In non Euro new, I cant wait 9 October for when North Korea try to defend Unofficial Football World Championships against Iran
    Ah that takes me back to their succesfull World cup attendance of 2010..

No seriously, type in Unofficial Football World Championship on wikipedia and read the whole article. I honestly like the idea of it
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Really hoping Manchester United can sign Leighton Baines, if they do, I'd be so happy with our signings this summer.

Really hoping Manchester United can sign Leighton Baines, if they do, I'd be so happy with our signings this summer.
    He's good, but expensive. Evra still has maybe a couple of years left, and Baines is 27, already at his peak. We need someone younger. I really hope the Da Silva twins step up. Last season wasnt their best, but they still have time as they're only 20-21. I'm pretty excited for Kaqawa, the only thing we need is a defensive midfielder. Someone like De Rossi or Martinez, who can slot in at defence when required, as we seem to have a defensive crisis every year.

As for the Euros, my team Germany once again gets knocked out in the semis. Best team in the tournament uptil then. Just like in the World Cup. I thought Goetze would play a bigger role to be honest, but overall i was impressed by them. They're talented players, but they are an unfinished product and sometimes their inexperience shows. I expect them to lift the trophy in Brazil though. As for the final, I really hope we see an entertaining game today, and not the borefest that we saw in the 2010 world cup final.
    Formerly, Chariking

Quote Originally Posted by ~-Overheat-~ View Post
    He's good, but expensive. Evra still has maybe a couple of years left, and Baines is 27, already at his peak. We need someone younger. I really hope the Da Silva twins step up. Last season wasnt their best, but they still have time as they're only 20-21. I'm pretty excited for Kaqawa, the only thing we need is a defensive midfielder. Someone like De Rossi or Martinez, who can slot in at defence when required, as we seem to have a defensive crisis every year.
    You guys do need a defensive midfielder, maybe Fletcher might come back healthy? De Rossi and Javi Martinez also sounds good. Gutted that you got Kagawa though, he's a quality player who can become world class no doubt.

In other transfer news, Spurs seem to be set to land Sigurdsson next week. He's reported to have already agreed terms with Spurs and passed a medical. Guess that Modric is heading out somewhere, maybe Madrid or even Chelsea.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    You guys do need a defensive midfielder, maybe Fletcher might come back healthy? De Rossi and Javi Martinez also sounds good. Gutted that you got Kagawa though, he's a quality player who can become world class no doubt.

In other transfer news, Spurs seem to be set to land Sigurdsson next week. He's reported to have already agreed terms with Spurs and passed a medical. Guess that Modric is heading out somewhere, maybe Madrid or even Chelsea.
    Yeah, personally I like Jack Rodwell, although he had some injury issues last season I thought the season before he was pretty decent. But I'm pretty happy with the signings we've made, because Nick Powell looks set to be a great player.

Can't believe Sigurdsson really, first he was going to Swansea, then Liverpool now Spurs. Still can't get over the sacking of Harry Redknapp, it was silly.

Yeah, personally I like Jack Rodwell, although he had some injury issues last season I thought the season before he was pretty decent. But I'm pretty happy with the signings we've made, because Nick Powell looks set to be a great player.

Can't believe Sigurdsson really, first he was going to Swansea, then Liverpool now Spurs. Still can't get over the sacking of Harry Redknapp, it was silly.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about Powell! Good young player with plenty of potential there too and don't get me started on Harry. He should never left the club full stop. Levy should of offered a better contract to Redknapp after the progress he made to Tottenham since he came and I'm a Arsenal fan talking. Maybe when AVB comes in, Bale signed up long term and with Sigurdsson coming in, we'll see how they do next season.

Looking forward to the final later! And shall definitely make the most of the game of football, there's going to be about three weeks without it after today! Not quite sure how I'm going to survive...guess I could go outside or something.

In other international news, Egypt were knocked out of AFCON qualifying by Central African Republic. Definitely has not been a good year for Egypt, sporting or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    Looking forward to the final later! And shall definitely make the most of the game of football, there's going to be about three weeks without it after today! Not quite sure how I'm going to survive...guess I could go outside or something.

In other international news, Egypt were knocked out of AFCON qualifying by Central African Republic. Definitely has not been a good year for Egypt, sporting or otherwise.
    Looking forward to the finals too! About to go out in a while to buy the correct food and drink and watch Italy lift the cup! Well that's my prediction at least.

Poor Egypt, not qualifying for the African Nations again :O

Page 63 of 266 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast