Page 65 of 264 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 6594

Thread: Soccer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
    What, so you could say they would have won if they had beaten Italy? =p
    Nope, but it would have been a brilliant excuse if Italy had won ;P

That was quite a solid performance from Spain. Italy were unlucky, and did play well, but Spain played the best I've seen a team play for a while.
    Agreed, but I didn't expect any less. They've always been a threat to nearly every other team.

Fernando Torres proves he is the best striker in Europe! Spain definitely did save the best for last. Exactly what I said, if people thought they were boring, fantastic for them (As in Spain)!

( Forgive me notorious Portugal and Real Madrid fans here, but good ol' Cristiano Ronaldo is not a striker, he a right winger )

Quote Originally Posted by C-Sui View Post
    Fernando Torres proves he is the best striker in Europe! Spain definitely did save the best for last. Exactly what I said, if people thought they were boring, fantastic for them (As in Spain)!

( Forgive me notorious Portugal and Real Madrid fans here, but good ol' Cristiano Ronaldo is not a striker, he a right winger )
    He is, even though I don't like the guy, that makes it even more impresive that he scores so much.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Who's the best defender, midfielder and goalkeeper in Europe though? Based on statistics from EURO 2012, San Iker is the best in Europe, Jordi Alba is the best defender and Iniesta the best mid.

Goalkeeper- Reina

Defender- Carragher/Skertel

Midfielder- Gerrard

Striker- Carroll
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Yeah true but they dont say who the best right winger is, they say striker/midfielder :P

The chosen ones

That 2nd half performance was horrible. Span demolished them. Whats funny is that people normally associate Spain with Barcelona, but 3 of the 4 goals in the final were scored by EPL players! And the other one, Alba, has not officially signed for Barca yet.

Jordi Alba, Andrea Pirlo or Cesc Fabregas are my players of the tournament. Oh, and TORRES WON THE GOLDEN BOOT!!! :O I'm gonna miss the Torres memes.........
    Formerly, Chariking

Iniesta is the official player of the tournament though, Overheat.

So, no more football until July 26th where I'm gonna chill and watch Barcelona VS Hamburger. It'll be the first time we use our new kit.

Quote Originally Posted by ~-Overheat-~ View Post
    :O I'm gonna miss the Torres memes.........
    Now it's balotelli memes time :P

The chosen ones

Quote Originally Posted by abrar14 View Post
    Goalkeeper- Reina

Defender- Carragher/Skertel

Midfielder- Gerrard

Striker- Carroll
    I'm going to take a stab in the dark here and say that you're Liverpool fan then?

Man I just bought tickets to see Man United - Barcelona in August. This is going to be so awesome. I've been a Man U-fan for 15 years now, but never gotten to see them. (mostly due to being a poor student, but I'd love to go to Old Trafford)
    Anyhow, both teams are playing against each other here in Gothenburg in August, so it's pretty much as awesome as it can be.

Wow Sir Zantera, you're going to see Messi irl o_O That's been my dream for some time now!!! And at 22 years of age, I haven't been able to go to the Camp Nou

Gothenburg is in Sweden, right?

Yes it is. I was shocked when I heard that the game would be played here, luckily I was able to get my tickets today (they are released tomorrow) so while everyone else is fighting like crazy over tickets, I can just relax and hold my tickets.

Oh man I rent an apartment in England ( I don't live in England but I'm here to study Law ) Oh well, but I guess I can go to the opening day of the Premier League at Old Trafford...or the Emirates, or even Anfield, or probably Etihad. Which one will you reckon I shall go to? Manchester City play Southampton, United play Fulham ( that's the second day, coz at first they play Everton away ), oh man ( United VS Fulham is interesting though ).

Ah that remembers me, we had Real Madrid here a few years ago. Didn't get to see them.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Oh man I rent an apartment in England ( I don't live in England but I'm here to study Law ) Oh well, but I guess I can go to the opening day of the Premier League at Old Trafford...or the Emirates, or even Anfield, or probably Etihad. Which one will you reckon I shall go to? Manchester City play Southampton, United play Fulham ( that's the second day, coz at first they play Everton away ), oh man ( United VS Fulham is interesting though ).
    Go to Anfield. Speaking of which, me my dad and my little brother now have our Season tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    I'm going to take a stab in the dark here and say that you're Liverpool fan then?
    Yeo
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Andre Villas Boas is back in management again with Spurs. Hope he does a better job there than he did at Chelsea.

NEWS: Jordi Alba will arrive at Barcelona tomorrow to get his photo with the crest ( the presentation ) and on Thursday he'll undergo his medical and put pen to paper on a deal! Yeah, we got him!

Bad news for Arsenal fans, Robin van Persie just announced that he won't be extending his contract with Arsenal. Apprently he disagreed with "many aspects of how Arsenal FC should move forward". As a Gunner fan myself, I'm absolutly gutted to say the least.

It's sad news for Arsenal, but something to keep in mind: He is 30 years old, and has possibly 2-3 potential good seasons left. (Normally longer, but he has had tons of injuries over his career) Before this last season, he didn't play a full season through any of the previous 7 years (if I'm not mistaken) and he's one of the biggest glass-players around. While it's sad news for Arsenal loosing him, I still think they should look positive on things. If Giroud can do a good season, then they might not miss RVP as much as they would have expected. But they will still have to buy a replacement IMO, if not for RVP, at least for the bench behind Giroud.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    It's sad news for Arsenal, but something to keep in mind: He is 30 years old, and has possibly 2-3 potential good seasons left. (Normally longer, but he has had tons of injuries over his career) Before this last season, he didn't play a full season through any of the previous 7 years (if I'm not mistaken) and he's one of the biggest glass-players around. While it's sad news for Arsenal loosing him, I still think they should look positive on things. If Giroud can do a good season, then they might not miss RVP as much as they would have expected. But they will still have to buy a replacement IMO, if not for RVP, at least for the bench behind Giroud.
    They also bought Podolski.

My two shiny Ponyta. One pokéradar one in diamond and one random one in platinum.(Made by Sinnohdragon)

^ Click to go to my face-off. ^
    (Made by Sinnohdragon)

Yes, but Podolski will most likely (90%) play as a winger.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Yeah and don't forgot about Podolski too. Cover is essential for next season and we got a few options out on loan right now like Vela, Joel Campbell and heck, even Bendtner. We either keep RvP for one more season and let him leave for free next year, or cash in on him now. I'm hoping this doesn't screw us before the new season even starts.

Andre Villas Boas is back in management again with Spurs. Hope he does a better job there than he did at Chelsea.
    I don't think he did a bad job necessarily, it's just that he tried to change too much too soon and it didn't sit well with the old guard (Lampard, Terry, etc.) who weren't getting as much playing time, etc. He was by no means great at Chelsea, but look at what he accomplished at Porto and I think it shows that what happened at Chelsea is just an anomaly.

Bad news for Arsenal fans, Robin van Persie just announced that he won't be extending his contract with Arsenal. Apprently he disagreed with "many aspects of how Arsenal FC should move forward". As a Gunner fan myself, I'm absolutly gutted to say the least.
    This means Walcott will also likely leave, too, as he said his decision would hinge on RvP's. van Persie should show some loyalty, etc. blah blah blah, but the man wants trophies and I guess he's sick of not winning. Personally, I think it's disappointing he chose to leave, and if he goes to Man City I'll be even more disappointed in him, but what can you do.
    And on the bright side, you still have one more year with him because his contract doesn't expire til next year.

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    I don't think he did a bad job necessarily, it's just that he tried to change too much too soon and it didn't sit well with the old guard (Lampard, Terry, etc.) who weren't getting as much playing time, etc. He was by no means great at Chelsea, but look at what he accomplished at Porto and I think it shows that what happened at Chelsea is just an anomaly.
    Yeah your right, I like AVB and he wasn't all bad plus he does have a good track record at his young age as you said.

This means Walcott will also likely leave, too, as he said his decision would hinge on RvP's. van Persie should show some loyalty, etc. blah blah blah, but the man wants trophies and I guess he's sick of not winning. Personally, I think it's disappointing he chose to leave, and if he goes to Man City I'll be even more disappointed in him, but what can you do.
    And on the bright side, you still have one more year with him because his contract doesn't expire til next year.
    Let's hope Walcott stays but if not we got the Ox so I'm not too fussed. As for RvP, I hope he can stay fit again and repeat his last season goal tally then leave to a club overseas. That would be my ideal scenario.

Page 65 of 264 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast