CM Mesut Ozil
    LM Xavi
    RW Cristiano Ronaldo
    ST Lionel Messi
    LW Pedro

You are not serious
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Quote Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post
    ^ Yup, PSG is that much exiting now! Motta, Silva, Ibra, Lavezzi, WOW! I back them to win Ligue 1 next season.
    I want Montpelier to win a second time .
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

I started a PSG career mode in FIFA and this is my Starting IX:

Hugo Lloris
    Dani Alves
    Walter Samuel
    Thiago Silva
    G.Zambrotta
    Javier Pastore
    Thiago Motta
    Seydou Keita
    Zlatan Ibrahimovic
    David Villa
    E.Lavezzi

How is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    Hahaha! That would be so sweet! Real would be laughing straight to another domestic title as Celtic would be.
    Exactly. But in all seriousness, I think Barcelona's reign as kings of Europe is winding down, and PSG will emerge as the team to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post
    Who plans to watch every Pre-Season friendly? I'm going to watch all Pre-Season friendlies that include Manchester City, United, Barcelona ( DUH ), Chelsea and probably some more.
    Well, I managed to watch a bit of Newcastle's first preseason friendly against Chemnitzer, a third tier German team. Surprising loss, but we were without some of our better players. Anyway, I watched it because our two new signings, Romain Amalfitano and Gael Bigirimana, were playing and I wanted to see how they looked. Decent performance from both.
    I'll probably watch some of the next two NUFC friendlies (they'll be on ESPN, yes!) and I'll probably watch some Chelsea too because I want to see their new signings in action.

In brighter Newcastle news, we signed Mathieu Debuchy from Lille today, according to the Daily Mail. Only the Mail is reporting it, though, so maybe we didn't, but hopefully it indicates we're close to reaching a deal.

Made some changes to my PSG squad, here it is:

Hugo Lloris
    Dani Alves
    Walter Samuel
    Thiago Silva
    G.Zambrotta
    Thiago Motta
    Sergio Busquets
    Javier Pastore
    David Villa
    Z.Ibrahimovic
    Lavezzi

And I have Balotelli and David Silva on the bench.

Just bought my Barcelona season ticket today! I may also get a ticket to go to the Parc de Princes to see the Barcelona-PSG friendly match. Also got my new Barcelona Home Kit Number 18 Jordi Alba jersey! All set for the upcoming season!
    Last edited by Celebi_; 14th July 2012 at 10:38 PM.

Apparently Barcelona are offering Ibrahim Affelay to Arsenal and Inter Milan, but the website said nothing of the sorts, only Goal.com.

Official Websites dont tend to reveal these things until the deal is done.
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

So, what's the situation with van Persie?

Default No news is good news.....right?

No news as of late but expect some during the close of the transfer window, even if he is still at Arsenal by then expect the papers and the rumour mill to be in full force seeing as they need a big name transfer to fill the back pages with and this is pretty much their transfer
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Would love to hear the opinions of fans of other clubs on the situation at Spurs. The press seem to be acting like AVB is a disaster and without Saint Harry we will drop to our 'natural position' of 10th-13th. Meanwhile amongst Spurs fans the mood is largely optimistic; we see AVB as a bright young manager, making promoising signings in Vertonghen, Sigurdsson and (nearly) Adebayor, with rumours of interest in Muller, Moutinho and Lloris also. I suspect opposition fans' opinions will sit somewhere between these two points of view, with reserved judgement on AVB.

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    In brighter Newcastle news, we signed Mathieu Debuchy from Lille today, according to the Daily Mail. Only the Mail is reporting it, though, so maybe we didn't, but hopefully it indicates we're close to reaching a deal.
    yeah and we were almost gonna get andy carroll until liverpool decided that it probably wasn't in their best interests to sell/loan one of the best members of the england squad in E2012 for less than they bought him for

shame really

also i'd take any deals the mail suggests with a pinch of salt until chronicle or the club confirms

Default In conclusion, great move on Tottenham's part

I was talking about this with a friend but basically said that sacking Harry Redknapp was the best move they could have done especially when they replaced him with AVB as with Redknapp he had low expectations and with the players Tottenham have settling for 4th wasn't exactly something he should have been aiming for. At one point late in the season Tottenham were essentially 2 points behind top spot or something which really they should have built upon that and used it as a platform but they just ended up under-performing and finished 4th which would have pleased Redknapp so I don't suspect that he would have really pushed his players that hard.

AVB doesn't strike me as the sort of person that would have allowed that to happen. The fact that he's talking about Tottenham challenging for the title means he is going to try and motivate his players to do just that which he should as the players Tottenham really are good enough to actually challenge at least for the title until maybe the last month or so and even if they don't they have a young and ambitious manager who is only going to get better provided they stick with him.
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Quote Originally Posted by masukippa View Post
    Would love to hear the opinions of fans of other clubs on the situation at Spurs. The press seem to be acting like AVB is a disaster and without Saint Harry we will drop to our 'natural position' of 10th-13th. Meanwhile amongst Spurs fans the mood is largely optimistic; we see AVB as a bright young manager, making promoising signings in Vertonghen, Sigurdsson and (nearly) Adebayor, with rumours of interest in Muller, Moutinho and Lloris also. I suspect opposition fans' opinions will sit somewhere between these two points of view, with reserved judgement on AVB.
    Personally, I think Spurs will do fine next season. AVB is a very talented manager, the failed Chelsea experiment was due to player rebellion more than anything else. I think a young, driven manager is just what Spurs need, and will help them improve in the long run. Redknapp is a great manager but was perhaps not as focused as Villas-Boas will be. And yeah, you've had a great summer so far, Vertonghen and Sigurdsson are both very nice signings, and if you do sign Adebayor as is likely than things will look even brighter. Signing Muller, Moutinho, or Lloris would all be tremendous signings (especially Moutinho as he has worked with AVB before) and you might have a shot at them because Modric's transfer will give you very large amounts of money. Modric's transfer is in fact the only negative thing I can think of right now, but Moutinho would be a very worthy replacement.

tl;dr Spurs will be fine. I'm going to guess they'll finish 5th, but will improve in following seasons.

Signing Muller, Moutinho, or Lloris would all be tremendous signings (especially Moutinho as he has worked with AVB before)
    Didn't tottenham announce they were out of the deal because Porto wanted 30 million and tottenham was only willing to give 20? Thats what I read in Portuguese newspaper :P

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    Didn't tottenham announce they were out of the deal because Porto wanted 30 million and tottenham was only willing to give 20? Thats what I read in Portuguese newspaper :P
    Googled, and yeah, Porto is telling Tottenham to match Moutinho's release clause of Ł31.5 million (which would be almost all the money freed up by selling Modric.) And understandably, Tottenham does not want to go that high.
    This is seriously typical Porto, overvaluing their players and then refusing to sell for anything except the towering sums.

Googled, and yeah, Porto is telling Tottenham to match Moutinho's release clause of Ł31.5 million (which would be almost all the money freed up by selling Modric.) And understandably, Tottenham does not want to go that high.
    This is seriously typical Porto, overvaluing their players and then refusing to sell for anything except the towering sums.
    The president said they will only sell Hulk for 100 million euros -_- But I bet Barca or Madrid could match that.
    I would sell Moutinho (if i was working for porto) for like 25 million plus a player

It's a shame about Hulk because I would love to see him come to the Premier League, realistically to Chelsea. And speaking of Chelsea, they just signed Oscar from Internacional for Ł25m. Looks a promising attacking player.

I would love to see Moutinho at Manchester United. He would fit the bill and take over from the aging Scholes, Giggs and Carrick. I'm understandably excited about us being linked with Lucas, but i fear that the media can sometimes overhype Brazilian players like Lucas, Neymar and Oscar. The Brazilian League is no way near the English Premier League or the La Liga, so it'll be a huge step up for these players.

I personally dont understand why Berbatov was ignored in the last season. After all, he WAS the top scorer in the previous season. IMO he's better than Welbeck and maybe even Hernandez, but he's old and Fergie wants to develop the youth. I wish him all the best wherever he goes. He still can cut it out at the top level and i'd love to see him return to Spurs where he was one of the most dangerous forwards in the league!
    Formerly, Chariking

Quote Originally Posted by ~-Overheat-~ View Post
    I would love to see Moutinho at Manchester United. He would fit the bill and take over from the aging Scholes, Giggs and Carrick. I'm understandably excited about us being linked with Lucas, but i fear that the media can sometimes overhype Brazilian players like Lucas, Neymar and Oscar. The Brazilian League is no way near the English Premier League or the La Liga, so it'll be a huge step up for these players.

I personally dont understand why Berbatov was ignored in the last season. After all, he WAS the top scorer in the previous season. IMO he's better than Welbeck and maybe even Hernandez, but he's old and Fergie wants to develop the youth. I wish him all the best wherever he goes. He still can cut it out at the top level and i'd love to see him return to Spurs where he was one of the most dangerous forwards in the league!
    Berbatov was incredible at Spurs. Absolutely incredible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyQxAqYDGL8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAYFp1g35QU

Berbatov is an incredible player and I think he'd have done good alongside Wayne Rooney in a formation with 2 forwards ( I think Man U uses a formation with 2 forwards ) and he's definitely much better than Danny Welbeck, but I guess Fergie knew what he was doing, so I digress. I still think Hernandez is better than him, still don't know why Danny is preferred alongside Rooney, but I guess it works because Rooney and Danny have developed a special partnership together, so it works.

Apparently Berbatov's pretty keen on joining Milan, specially now that PSG have almost signed Ibrahimovic! All these are reliable stories as my source is skysports.com which only releases information after they are concrete and confirmed, unlike goal.com which says Ronaldihno's coming to Man United!(which i would love to be honest!)
    Formerly, Chariking

Default Excuse me

Yeah, I don't think so...

Apparently Berbatov's pretty keen on joining Milan, specially now that PSG have almost signed Ibrahimovic! All these are reliable stories as my source is skysports.com which only releases information after they are concrete and confirmed, unlike goal.com which says Ronaldihno's coming to Man United!(which i would love to be honest!)
    I didn't read that Ron is going to Man U, all I read was that Milan plan to sign a champion in attack, whoever ' a champion ' is.

Page 67 of 266 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast