Page 7 of 265 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Soccer Thread

Why does the soccer clock count up?
    Signiture Underconstruction

Quote Originally Posted by maz2468 View Post
    Why does the soccer clock count up?
    To show when a goal has been scored, or when a foul has been committed etc etc etc. Counting down would confuse everyone.
    lolwut my Pokemon Black game now works. so much ,yay,

PBR FC 1849-2587-9259
    Platinum FC 2450-1748-7938
    Black 4384 3870 2213
    http://www.youtube.com/user/dialgapalkiamew1
    Please do check out my Deviant Art account - http://rgbargy.deviantart.com/

I hath claimed Shunsui Kyouraku and Kaname Tousen. Mine, all mine.

I IZ MAD, BRAH

It doesn't for us Americans who watch everything counting down (Except Baseball.)
    Signiture Underconstruction

Quote Originally Posted by maz2468 View Post
    It doesn't for us Americans who watch everything counting down (Except Baseball.)
    If the clock counted down, even the officials would be confused. Counting up is a ton easier.

PBR FC 1849-2587-9259
    Black 4384 3870 2213

I IZ MAD, BRAH

I'm a bit frustrated with Chelsea this season... they didn't put up a great fight against Liverpool yesterday, they had a huge loss to Arsenal, and they had that ridiculous game against QPR, although that wasn't entirely their fault.

Also, maz, believe me, it's SO much simpler counting up in soccer because of all the stuff they record (when goals are scored, cards, fouls, shots, possession %, etc.).

Additionally, they have to add stoppage time, which wouldn't really work if you counted down (we're in the -3rd minute!).

^Credit to RulerOfUnova

Having said that the Rugby time system has it right.
    Counting up, then pausing the clock when any major incident occurs.

EDIT: Wow, AS Monaco are bottom of French Ligue 2? That is astonishing. How far the mighty can fall.
    Last edited by The Benmeister; 22nd November 2011 at 12:44 AM.

I think i'm allowed to bump this thread to new live so why not.

What do you guys think is gonna happen in the winter stop?
    Also, what are your predictions on the champions league/europa cup?

Europa Cup: united and Porto in the final and united win
    Champions league: barca and Madrid in final and barca win in extra time

The Spurs vs Stoke match was so disappointing, we were going so well and it seemed like an easy enough win. Still Tottenham is performing excellently this season, thanks in no small part to Adebayor.

Yea, Tottenham was on a good streak.
    Arsenal is doing well too, van Persie is just unstoppable.
    My favorite club Ajax has been very unlucky lately.
    First they fly out of the champions league because of lyon's 'victory'.
    And know they have to face ManUnited in the europe league .
    What do you guys think of the match Lyon-Zagreb (1-7)?

Hopefully Man United wins tomorrow and Arsenal beats Man City.
    Formerly, Chariking

Too bad Arsenal lost against ManCity.
    I hate those teams who just exist of expensive players.

It's the way the game is today. We just have to accept that. We may not like it but we have to deal with it

Quote Originally Posted by pimm94 View Post
    My favorite club Ajax has been very unlucky lately.
    First they fly out of the champions league because of lyon's 'victory'.
    And know they have to face Man United in the europe league
    As a Fulham fan, the Man Utd situation was funny up until the point we conceded two goals to draw 2-2 and get knocked out. That annoyed me a lot.

Where are Ajax in the Eredivise?

PBR FC 1849-2587-9259
    Black 4384 3870 2213

I IZ MAD, BRAH

Man United have a slim chance of re-entering the Champions League knockout rounds instead of Basel. Apparently, FIFA has issued a warning to the Swiss FA to ban Switzerland from world football. Some swiss side had an embargo against them to sign players, but they went on to make 7 transfers.

I, as a Man United fan, dont want this to happen. Basel deserves to be in the knockout rounds, we dont.
    Formerly, Chariking

^ This. Basel were just the better team on the night ( Liverpool supporter hehe)

So what do you guys think of the FA's handling of The Suarez and Rooney thing?
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Quote Originally Posted by thatguycharizard34 View Post
    As a Fulham fan, the Man Utd situation was funny up until the point we conceded two goals to draw 2-2 and get knocked out. That annoyed me a lot.

Where are Ajax in the Eredivise?
    Ajax isn't doing very well. they're currently placed 4th.
    Lots of injuries.(Boilesen, Sigthorson, Boerrigter, Alderweireld, de Jong).

@abrar What did suarez and rooney do? I haven't been following him since he started playing for liverpool. In the Eredivisie he always was quite the troublemaker.

Suarez supposedly made a racist comment about Evra and made an offensive gesture towards Fulham fans. Rooney kicked the Montengrin guy and got his suspension reduced to two matches.

(I'm not happy with myself for posting in this thread either.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Damn! Arsenal lost against Man. City, I think City is just lucky on that day..
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Disagree, Arsenal may have had a penalty and an offside decision go against them but City's chances were by far the better and they looked by far the more dangerous. Aguero with that volley early on, Balotelli as Szczesny came out well, Richards from close. Arsenal had a few long punts from Vermaelen and lacklustre corners. City have the league.
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Arsenal isn't that good this season, and City got a nicely bought team.

I am not an Ajax fan, but really strange things happened that day Personaly I think they gave zagreb money , and they are either 3rd or 4th atm.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Last season I don't think City were gelling but now I think they're a team, a proper team and Silva is just amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by ToeyJoey View Post
    Suarez supposedly made a racist comment about Evra and made an offensive gesture towards Fulham fans. Rooney kicked the Montengrin guy and got his suspension reduced to two matches.

(I'm not happy with myself for posting in this thread either.)
    Suarez, no offence to Dalglish, is a selfish, childish brat. Seriously. He can't take being tackled fairly and Dalglish can't really say anything to back him up, especially after the Fulham incident. Boy did that piss of some fans, but it was kinda funny.

Rooney is losing it in my opinion. His football is erratic, his behavior is erratic. EVERYTHING. Thank god Zamora plays for England (occasionally)

Lovely result for Fulham this weekend, shame I couldn't go :/

PBR FC 1849-2587-9259
    Black 4384 3870 2213

I IZ MAD, BRAH

I have to add to what I said above, can't remember which one, but one of the Arsenal players; (eitehr Song or Djourou,) should have been sent off for a professional foul.

Isn't there a rift between Zamora and Jol now? I quite like Fulham and I hope he doesn't leave.

Hmm, have quite a lot to catch up on. First off RIP Gary Speed because I never said so at the time.

Went to possibly the lowest class football match I have ever been to, away to Sutton United with Notts County. A ground where you had to stand, and there wasn't even anything to lean on! And the burger van had no chips! But ah well, to me, that's what football is all about, the spirit of the people there much better than what you usually see at most Premier League grounds. And Notts won 2-0, so a good time was had by all. Now they get Doncaster in the next round, whoop de doo. (Not hating on Doncaster, but this is something like the third time in four years County have drawn Doncaster in a cup, and I've seen both the previous games so I think I can justify my lack of enthusiasm.)

Speaking of the Premier League, weird season huh? Arsenal are doing quite nicely, even though they lost yesterday I'm still pretty pleased with the way they're playing now overall. Of course the guy who gets noticed the most is mister Van Persie. But you know, if everyone else could actually finish as opposed to doing the whole Arsenal 'pretty football but no end product' we'd be scoring even more. I think my biggest irritance is Gervinho, he seems to miss even the most basic chances. But he has enough of them to warrant being a major threat if he ever ended up being more clinical.

Tottenham are doing too well in my opinion...they actually think they're posing somewhat of a threat. Bless 'em =D

To most people this Christmas period is a time for families to spend time together.

Not me, I just see it as a period with SO MUCH FOOTBALL, which is of course, never a bad thing! And means I get to attend a few games!

Nothing too exotic though, I don't get to visit any new grounds, but I'm attending MK Dons versus Colchester on the 2nd, which should be good considering the reverse fixture was 5-1 (just watch it be a 0-0 now).

Then on the 7th I'm back at the Dons in the FA Cup where we get a nice little visit from Premier League QPR, I believe the Dons have a genuine chance of getting something out of that game, plus it's another Premier League club off the list! Though that actually only brings the total to four (I've already seen Arsenal, Tottenham and Fulham, weirdly they're all London clubs). But it's not because of my lack of trying, it's just that all the Premier League clubs I go and watch (Burnley, Middlesbrough, Hull, Blackpool, West Ham) just end up getting bloody relegated!
    Last edited by The Benmeister; 20th December 2011 at 4:24 AM.

Page 7 of 265 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast