Page 70 of 266 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 6645

Thread: Soccer Thread

  1. #1726
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,358

    Default

    Whatever. My man of the match was a three way draw between Carragher, Enrique and Lucas
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

  2. #1727
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In Unova!
    Posts
    561

    Default

    Whatever about the Liverpool crap. Now that Spain are out of the Olympics my guess is that Brazil will walk away with gold and Team GB are the dark horses.

  3. #1728
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    Great Britain don't have a hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

  4. #1729
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The United States of Kingdom
    Posts
    5,494

    Default

    Well the GB women beat their Brazil counterparts so I don't see why not. Hopefully both GB teams can get at least a bronze.

  5. #1730
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Cajunland
    Posts
    579

    Default

    La Galaxy is down by one against Real Madrid .

  6. #1731
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    331

    Default

    4 more days until United plays against Barca. Hoping to see United win, even if it's a Friendly.

    'What I wanted to protect.. . was you, Ichigo.' -Tensa Zangetsu

    Lieutenant of Squad 7.
    Join the Bleach Club!

  7. #1732
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    424

    Default

    Well it is all sadly all over yet again and we go out on Penalties :/
    Those Penalty kicks taken by South Korea were excellent though.


  8. #1733
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lasien View Post
    Well it is all sadly all over yet again and we go out on Penalties :/
    Those Penalty kicks taken by South Korea were excellent though.
    Even with an influx of Welsh players, Team GB stays true to its English roots by losing in PKs.
    Damnit, I was really hoping GB would go to the final.

  9. #1734
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In Unova!
    Posts
    561

    Default

    So today Barcelona and PSG drew 2-2 with Barcelona winning 4-1 on penalties to carry the Paris Trophy home. Was an exhilarating match, on the 6th minute Rafinha Alcantara scored followed by Leo Messi converting a penalty. Thanks to a cynical foul by Martin Montoya PSG were then awarded a spot kick and Zlatan Ibrahimovic's penalty was so nearly saved by Jose Pinto but he squeezed it in, then on the 82nd minute Z.Camara scored from a header to level things. From then the game was absolutely fantastic and lively with both teams going for the win ( with Cristian Tello doing absolute crap with a nice chance right before Camara's equalizer, but it went to penalties. Jose Pinto saved two pens and Leo Messi, Xavi, Cesc Fabregas and Gerard Pique all on target in the shootout for Barca. Next up we have Man United which promises to be a cracker!!! What a pre-season we have been having so far though, hopefully in continues in Gothenburg on Wednesday ( hope Tito names the best Barca side he could for the match ) coz we'll have Jordi Alba back for the match and Villa is back too, so can't wait!!!

  10. #1735
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Gothenburg
    Posts
    413

    Default

    I'm seeing Man United - Barcelona on Wednesday, so hopefully it will be a good one.

  11. #1736
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    331

    Default

    Oh My God. That Sanchez Dive. What the hell was that?

    I'm so jealous Zantera ._.

    Penalties haunting GB (England again)
    Sturridge -__-
    Did Giggs start? I missed the match.

    So yeah, The Daily Mail's on fire today. Rumors flying about. Glazers hand 50 million to get Moura and van Persie. United set to capture Lewandowski, ahead of Chelsea AND might make a bid for Llorrente too.

    'What I wanted to protect.. . was you, Ichigo.' -Tensa Zangetsu

    Lieutenant of Squad 7.
    Join the Bleach Club!

  12. #1737
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,358

    Default

    Pfft england out on Penaltys and once again its a Chealsea player who misses the Crucial one
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

  13. #1738
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The United States of Kingdom
    Posts
    5,494

    Default

    Always, ALWAYS penalties. It has to go beyond being just bad luck at this point.

    Ah well, football season starts surprisingly soon! In fact the Scottish league started already, and no one even really noticed.

  14. #1739
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sinnoh,Hearthome City
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberBlaziken View Post
    Oh My God. That Sanchez Dive. What the hell was that?

    I'm so jealous Zantera ._.

    Penalties haunting GB (England again)
    Sturridge -__-
    Did Giggs start? I missed the match.

    So yeah, The Daily Mail's on fire today. Rumors flying about. Glazers hand 50 million to get Moura and van Persie. United set to capture Lewandowski, ahead of Chelsea AND might make a bid for Llorrente too.
    Saw those, just hoping their not true. 30 million for Moura is ridiculous, he's not even proven himself at this level, he's technically gifted but there's not much else about him. 20 million for Van Persie seems a lot as well, he's what, 29? There for he'll have little/no sell on value and end up being like Berbatov I bet. I'd be happy if we got Lewandowski and Baines though, although they both look pretty unlikely.

  15. #1740
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Gothenburg
    Posts
    413

    Default

    I'd much rather see Man United buy Lucas than RVP.

  16. #1741
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    331

    Default

    Going for Moura is risky. He is good, for his age. But the fact is, Moura is best in dribbling, while rest is average.
    This is a huge risk, considering South Americans perform below par in England.
    IF Moura signs for United, you can be damn sure that Nani'll leave. Moura is a CAM, same as Kagawa. Kagawa can play in the wing.
    Valencia won't be benched, new no.7 (Which I'm still not happy about. He shouldn't have gotten it)
    I think United will change it's formatio into 4-2-3-1

    De Gea
    Rafael/Jones - Ferdiand/Smalling - Vidic/Evans - Evra/Baines?
    Scholes/Cleverly - Carrick/Anderson
    Valencia - Kagawa/Moura - Young/Nani
    Rooney/Welbeck/Hernandez

    IF van Persie is bought, Rooney will be shifted into a CAM, due to his ability to drop back and start attacks.

    Berbatov will for sure. I don't see him staying. I will miss him.

    Barclays Premier League > Scottish League :P

    12 Days to go

    'What I wanted to protect.. . was you, Ichigo.' -Tensa Zangetsu

    Lieutenant of Squad 7.
    Join the Bleach Club!

  17. #1742
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    3,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberBlaziken View Post
    Going for Moura is risky. He is good, for his age. But the fact is, Moura is best in dribbling, while rest is average.
    This is a huge risk, considering South Americans perform below par in England.
    IF Moura signs for United, you can be damn sure that Nani'll leave. Moura is a CAM, same as Kagawa. Kagawa can play in the wing.
    Valencia won't be benched, new no.7 (Which I'm still not happy about. He shouldn't have gotten it)
    I think United will change it's formatio into 4-2-3-1

    De Gea
    Rafael/Jones - Ferdiand/Smalling - Vidic/Evans - Evra/Baines?
    Scholes/Cleverly - Carrick/Anderson
    Valencia - Kagawa/Moura - Young/Nani
    Rooney/Welbeck/Hernandez

    IF van Persie is bought, Rooney will be shifted into a CAM, due to his ability to drop back and start attacks.

    Berbatov will for sure. I don't see him staying. I will miss him.

    Barclays Premier League > Scottish League :P

    12 Days to go
    Well yeah because nobody wants to see celtic win for the next 3 years in a row without any competition. :P

    Anyway PSV won the dutch super cup 2-4.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

  18. #1743
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    331

    Default

    Rangers won't be in FIFA 13.

    Real Madrid interested in reuniting Portugal wing duo, Nani and Ronaldo.
    Rumors goes, a Nani-Sahin exchange.

    'What I wanted to protect.. . was you, Ichigo.' -Tensa Zangetsu

    Lieutenant of Squad 7.
    Join the Bleach Club!

  19. #1744
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sinnoh,Hearthome City
    Posts
    152

    Default

    I'll be upset if Nani goes. I can't see De Gea being in goal all season though as Lindegaard will be tested and I think he's better than De Gea at times, just underrated and he's had a lot of injury problems.

  20. #1745
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Gothenburg
    Posts
    413

    Default

    Valencia getting nr7 doesn't bother me. Owen had it the last time, so this is a huge upgrade on many levels.

  21. #1746
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberBlaziken View Post
    Going for Moura is risky. He is good, for his age. But the fact is, Moura is best in dribbling, while rest is average.
    This is a huge risk, considering South Americans perform below par in England.
    I think most of the reason Sir Alex wants Lucas so bad is his huge potential. There's lots of time for him to develop in the EPL still, so if he adjusts to the league and reaches his potential, he should be worth Ł30mil.

  22. #1747
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,358

    Default

    [QUOTE=CyberBlaziken;14929802]Rangers won't be in FIFA 13.
    QUOTE] Lol I just realised this

    Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    I think most of the reason Sir Alex wants Lucas so bad is his huge potential. There's lots of time for him to develop in the EPL still, so if he adjusts to the league and reaches his potential, he should be worth Ł30mil.
    Lucas wont leave. He'd be mostly warming the bench at united
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

  23. #1748
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    968

    Default

    Actually, the Mail and caughtoffsides.com are "reporting" that PSG is set to nab Moura before Man U can get him. Just rumors, but interesting nonetheless.

  24. #1749
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Between points A and B
    Posts
    180

    Default

    I've read about that, I doubt he's worth the kind of money PSG is offering.

    Has anyone actually seen him play? I was impressed by Lingard, Petrucci and Powell during the tour, so I think they should get a chance to prove themself before buying some other youngster.
    Just another generic signature.

  25. #1750
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    968

    Default

    No, I've only watched highlight reels on YouTube and he's an amazing dribbler. (On a sidenote I should really start watching Brazil's Olympic team.)
    The signing I've been most impressed with has been Kagawa. Man U looks to have struck gold.

Page 70 of 266 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •