Page 72 of 265 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 6616

Thread: Soccer Thread

The ref in this Community Shield game is obviously a City fan.

LOL. We have another diver in club. Hazard!
    Community Shield was ********. I thought Savic should've been sent off. De Jong and Zabaleta are bunch of morons.
    Tevez looked sharp, which is scary.
    Torres

'What I wanted to protect.. . was you, Ichigo.' -Tensa Zangetsu

Lieutenant of Squad 7.
    Join the Bleach Club!

Liverpool win yet again! Unbeaten with Brendan Rodgers
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Who's looking forward to seeing Leo Messi crush Germany on Wednesday??? I sure am. He's gonna shut up everyone who says he has to perform for Argentina to be considered better than Maradona and Pele.

With the Van Persie speculation intensifying, and the manager and players trying to avoid the fact that Van Persie might leave by constantly saying that "I dont know, but for now he's an arsenal player" and "I hope he stays", i actually think that Van Persie might join Manchester United! Although i agree that we dont need him very much, and i think Ferguson will probably buy another left-back and maybe a central midfielder before the season ends, but Van Persie would definitely boost our club! However, that could probably be the end of the road for Berbatov, who imo has been harshly treated last season, and maybe even Macheda(unless a loan move benefits him).
    Formerly, Chariking

At the moment, Man U look like the only team likely to sign him. Although considering how things have went I don't see him leaving Arsenal, at least, not right now.

Man U doesn't really need RvP and should instead sign a talented young defender and/or a new midfielder, but the lure of signing one of the best strikers in the world is hard to resist, so Sir Alex may very well go for him.

Quote Originally Posted by abrar14 View Post
    Liverpool win yet again! Unbeaten with Brendan Rodgers
    Lol this won't last much longer so enjoy it while you can

Andddd since I'm bored, thought I might throw together a Premier League prediction:
        Spoiler:- lots of writing:

So, Fabrice Muamba has announced his retirement from professional football on medical grounds. He's only 24. I feel really bad for him.

Wait what? The poor lad. I can't believe that either.

League Cup ties have been drawn for the 2nd round (Capital One Cup = League Cup). Looking forward to Everton V Leyton Orient, and the Derby V S'Thorpe game was bloody brilliant (won't let me type the full thing, due to censor).
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

HAPPY ONE ( 1 ) YEAR ANNIVERSARY AT BARCA CESC FABREGAS!!!! Today is exactly one year since Cesc returned home to Barca

Woo Belgium - The Netherlands today.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Hooray, English football returns in a few days. To celebrate here's some Premier League predictions:

Arsenal 2-1 Sunderland
    Fulham 2-0 Norwich
    QPR 0-0 Swansea
    Reading 3-2 Stoke
    West Brom 1-1 Liverpool
    West Ham 2-0 Aston Villa
    Newcastle 2-2 Tottenham
    Wigan 1-3 Chelsea
    Man City 4-1 Southampton
    Everton 1-1 Man Utd

Van Persie moves to Manchester United

Anyone who says they saw this one coming is a liar in my eyes. It's not a shock transfer in itself, but I never thought that Man United would be trying to sign yet another striker on top of Rooney, Hernandez, Welbeck and even the forgotten Berbatov (who was signed for Ł34 million). Nevertheless, RVP is very likely to make a big impact at Old Trafford.
    Last.fm | Steam IDNostalgia

Wow, really, Van Persie to United? Lol, that's reeeaaaalllyyyy hard to believe, but it's true -_-

Anyway, HALFTIME GERMANY 0-1 ARGENTINA!!! From a Khedira own goal, and Leo Messi missed a penalty.

From 1-0 lose back to a 1-2 winning in a time span of 5 mins. (Belgium - The netherlands)
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Default Good luck in your future endeavours

Well this is a shame, good luck to van Persie in winning stuff for Manchester United. It's a shame that he didn't want to stay but he has ambitions and I cannot begrudge him for that.

I don't see Arsenal doing too badly this season and I believe we will most likely finish third however I do not like the idea of strengthening our rivals and making the job harder for ourselves. Arsenal do have to replace van Persie however I feel that this will not happen as Wenger might feel that the current squad is good enough, which seeing as he see the squad more often than any of us do he might be right however it cannot hurt to have options for the inevitable injury crisis, loss of form and tactical decisions. Here's hoping for a good season
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    Hooray, English football returns in a few days. To celebrate here's some Premier League predictionsWest Brom 1-1 Liverpool
    You are not serious
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Germany 1-3 Argentina, awesome revenge, lol, Messi scored too.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Myc View Post
    Well this is a shame, good luck to van Persie in winning stuff for Manchester United. It's a shame that he didn't want to stay but he has ambitions and I cannot begrudge him for that.

I don't see Arsenal doing too badly this season and I believe we will most likely finish third however I do not like the idea of strengthening our rivals and making the job harder for ourselves. Arsenal do have to replace van Persie however I feel that this will not happen as Wenger might feel that the current squad is good enough, which seeing as he see the squad more often than any of us do he might be right however it cannot hurt to have options for the inevitable injury crisis, loss of form and tactical decisions. Here's hoping for a good season
    I think that there are only a few players who we could replace him with, maybe Llorrente or someone along those lines.

There's really nothing positive about RVP's transfer. The Man U-fans doesn't want him, he has forever destroyed his chances of becoming a classic Arsenal player, and I really don't think it's worth it. I mean, sure he might win a few trophies, but is that worth destroying his whole career for?

As a Man U fan I really don't want him, but the transfer looks like a done deal sadly.

Default A short career

I don't think he would have necessarily destroyed his career if he wins some trophies at Manchester United, if anything the person who has benefited the most out of this deal is van Persie, he has a nice new contract getting paid far more than what he would at Arsenal, an increased chance of actually winning something which at the end of the day it's nice to say at the end of your career that you won something rather than go through a somewhat pointless career of coming close but still too far away.

I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to have last season's top scorer in your team when it will only make your team better. Robin van Persie is clearly better than any other striker and Manchester United right now.
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Man, Barcelona's tactics in the transfer market are the worst. Take Alex Song. Barca is interested in signing him, so all of a sudden Pique and Iniesta can't stop praising him. They've never mentioned him before, but now Barca want to sign him and they're acting as if he's the best player in the world to try and lure him to the Nou Camp. It was the same with Fabregas. Bleh.
    And now Barcelona's VP makes a surprise trip to London to negotiate for Song.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Myc View Post
    Robin van Persie is clearly better than any other striker and Manchester United right now.
    I'd have to completely disagree, Rooney is definitely better than RvP imo.

I think a lot of Man U fans (like maybe Zantera) are worried that Rooney and van Persie might not get along very well. They might not, but if they do then imagine the havoc they would wreak on the EPL. I'd be pretty positive about the transfer if I was a United fan.

I think RVP is a great signing, the partnership of him and Rooney could score about 50 goals in a season. As for who is better, I don't know, they are both world class strikers, so it depends mostly on their form.

My main worry is the lack of playing time for Welbeck, Hernandez and Macheda which could slow down their development.
    Just another generic signature.

I think the RVP signing is bad for several reasons: 1. This means less time for Welbeck and Hernandez who are both great players. 2. While people are still fawning over RVP's last season, I'm starting to wonder if they have followed Premier League for more than a year. RVP has been at Arsenal for 7 years, and this was his first season where injuries didn't keep him away. There's really nothing that indicates that he will stay fit. 3. RVP is an Arsenal-player in my eyes. He's been there for 7 years, and I don't want to see him in the Man United jersey. This would apply to other players in rival teams as well. 4. It's hard for me to see how ~24m pounds is a good deal for a 29 year old who has more injuries in his past than a leper colony. If anything I think they could have added another 5 or 10m Ł and gone for a really good striker, like Lewandowski, who is also younger and haven't had as many injuries. 5. I really don't see the need for RVP when Man U had already bought Kagawa, hinting at the possibility of playing 4-2-3-1, but that gets less likely now with RVP joining.

Also, there's no way RVP is better than Rooney. While the former might have won the scoring table last season, Rooney works much more for the whole team.

Think I might be one of the only Arsenal fans that isn't bothered by RVP. What I do think is that it is a poor career choice for him, perhaps not in the way of winning things, but performing in the team, as Man Utd already have several good players, and it may take time for him to gel, not to mention the injuries he always seems to pick up.

But oh well. He's served us well and good luck to him, shame that it had to end in such circumstances. Personally I would have gone abroad, maybe to Germany, or even to the Netherlands. As far as moving from Arsenal goes Man Utd is probably one of the worst options in terms of fan relations, but hey, at least it's not Spurs.

No one player is bigger than the team, and we will move on, like we always do.

And I speak as an Arsenal fan, Rooney is probably still a better overall player, and has been consistent over many seasons as opposed to just the one.

Page 72 of 265 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast