Page 74 of 265 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 6614

Thread: Soccer Thread

You guys seem to be rating Stoke rather highly, maybe without European football we might not fall off in the middle of the season... and apparently we bought Michael Kightly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

BTW, is anyone else playing Fantasy Premier League? If you are, we could make a private league.
    I'm already registered on Sky Sports, but considering it starts tomorrow we'd better be quick in setting it up!

Quote Originally Posted by ToeyJoey View Post
    You guys seem to be rating Stoke rather highly, maybe without European football we might not fall off in the middle of the season... and apparently we bought Michael Kightly.
    Yeah, we did. Woot, another stokie on the forums. I wouldn't say we might not fall off, because we may have a couple of decent runs in the cups. FA Cup seems like it may be our better run, I reckon. That'll make some of the players tired...but we did great with European and Domestic Cup Football...
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Also, since everyone else is going for it:

1. Manchester City
    2. Manchester United
    3. Chelsea
    4. Arsenal
    5. Liverpool
    6. Tottenham Hotspur
    7. Everton
    8. Aston Villa
    9. Newcastle United
    10. Sunderland
    11. Queens Park Rangers
    12. Fulham
    13. Southampton
    14. Stoke City
    15. West Ham United
    16. Wigan Athletic
    17. Swansea City
    18. Norwich City
    19. Reading
    20. West Bromwich Albion

I thought I may as well also give this a go

1. Manchester United
    2. Manchester Citeh
    3. Chelsea
    4. Tottenham
    5. Arsenal
    6. Newcastle
    7. Liverpool
    8. Everton
    9. Stoke
    10. Fulham
    11. QPR
    12. Swansea
    13. Sunderland
    14. Aston Villa
    15. West Brom
    16. Reading
    17. West Ham
    18. Norwich
    19. Southampton
    20. Wigan

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    I'm already registered on Sky Sports, but considering it starts tomorrow we'd better be quick in setting it up!
    I've entered the one on PL site, but I guess I can join the Sky Sports' as well.
    Just another generic signature.

I'm in for the fantasy league.

Can't believe the EPL starts tomorrow! Can't wait.
    Here's my go:
    1. Man United
    2. Man City
    3. Chelsea
    4. Arsenal
    5. Newcastle
    6. Tottenham
    7. Liverpool
    8. Everton
    9. Fulham
    10. Stoke
    11. Aston Villa
    12. QPR
    13. Sunderland
    14. Swansea
    15. Reading
    16. Norwich
    17. West Brom
    18. West Ham
    19. Wigan
    20. Southampton

1. FC Barcelona
    2. Real Madrid
    3. Atletico Madrid
    4. Valencia
    5. Sevilla
    6. Athletic Bilbao
    7. Malaga
    8. Levante
    9. Deportivo
    10. Real Zaragoza
    11. Getafe
    12. Espanyol
    13. Real Sociedad
    14. Real Betis
    15. Rayo Vallecano
    16. Osasuna
    17. Mallorca
    18. Valladolid
    19. Granada
    20. Celta Vigo

Mmmkay, I've set up a Fantasy Football league on Sky Sports for those interested. If you don't sign up soon you'll miss match day one, in which case, sucks to be you! =D

League Name: SPPF League
    Pin: 8035953

Unfortunately, I can't make an account on Sky Sports because I don't live in UK.

Oh, that sucks, in that case if you set up one somewhere else I'll join that one.

I'll make one here: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

I'll let you know when I'm done.

Edit: I'm done, the code to join is 1655880-403563
    Last edited by synthetica; 18th August 2012 at 12:26 PM.

Made a team, unfortunately the deadline for the first gameweek has passed. Thankfully that means more time for anyone else to join I suppose.

I'm tempted to join but I know I'll miss too many weeks so ehhhh

I'll set it so that results from week 1 won't count.

Now that Arsenal have agreed a fee of 19 million euros for Song, we have a very formidable team, probably even better than the squad Pep had to work with, so Barca's looking good for the new season, here's a prediction of the regular Starting IX:

4-3-3

Valdes
    Alves
    Puyol/Song
    Pique
    Alba
    Busquets
    Xavi
    Iniesta/Cesc
    Sanchez
    Leo Messi
    Villa

Quote Originally Posted by ToeyJoey View Post
    I've rated Stoke highly ever since they got promoted to the top flight 4-5 years ago now. They've stayed up since and they've done well for themselves. Adapted nicely to the challenges of the Premier League.

I'm sorry, but what a day of football!!!! Tottenham beaten 2-1, Liverpool beaten 3-0, Arsenal draw 0-0, Norwich beaten 5-0, lol

Crazy day of football, shame I missed Match of the Day, I'll have to catch it tomorrow morning. Can definitely say I did not see Fulham and Swansea winning 5-0!

As far as Arsenal goes, could've been a better start than a 0-0, but I think our unit will gel soon enough. Could've been a lot worse! Especially since Spurs lost =D

On a random side note, I've been simulating Football Manager 2012 to see what happens when the game plays itself. I'm in the year 2015, and there have been many humorous consequences, such as Mancini leading Man City to a league and UCL double, then leaving for Barcelona and getting another league and UCL double, Alex McLeish and Louis van Gaal keep whoring themselves to every Premier League club around, David Moyes has sunk to managing Leeds United in the Championship and Andre Villas Boas went through clubs to wind up at League One Middlesbrough. Every Premier League club has changed their manager at least once, except for Stoke City, who seem to be enjoying things with Tony Pulis still around.

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    Crazy day of football, shame I missed Match of the Day, I'll have to catch it tomorrow morning. Can definitely say I did not see Fulham and Swansea winning 5-0!
    What you should say is you didn't see QPR and Norwich losing 5-0. Both of those teams defended like sticks, especially QPR, it was ridiculous. Their fixture next week should be either a goal-fest or the worst match ever.

As for Football Manager, that's hilarious, so much for a realistic simulator! Then again this is the same game that makes goalkeepers in lower league utterly useless if the ball doesn't land at their feet, and even then...

I also joined the Fantasy League that you guys created.

Joined the Fantasy Football league. :3
    Last edited by Ninjames; 19th August 2012 at 1:46 AM.

Same old Liverpool, same old Arsenal. Nothing much to say about them. However I'm surprised at Fulham, Swansea, QPR and West Brom. I predicted Fulham to finish 9th, but after seeing that Clint Dempsey looking to leave, they suddenly became my dark horses for relegation and they were bit of a one man team with him. Yet, they won so comprehensively. I also thought Swansea would struggle as teams were getting used to their style of play, they had lost Joe Allen and might lose Sinclair and also they had a new manager. I also thought QPR would do good with their new signings. How wrong was I.....and i tipped West Brom to get relegated as Steve Clarke is only a coach and not a proper manager. However, West Brom seemed very dangerous and fluent and dominated Liverpool, who i thought would do good with Brendan Rodgers. I know its only one match, but so far, a lot of teams have surprised me.

Joined the SPPF league. I had Nathan Dyer on my team, but changed to Danny Guthrie at the last minute, as he was less expensive and was going to play two games in a single gameweek. FML. I'm also surprised that despite Swansea winning 5-0, Danny Graham didnt get a single goal or assist. I also left Ba on the bench for some weird reason. Hazard's my captain, and although he's still unproven, he should be in the mix of the Chelsea attack, and should get goals and assists against Wigan and Reading. Whats good is, he'll also get points for clean sheets.
    Formerly, Chariking

Default The rejects team

The thing with QPR is that they are essentially just gathering rejects from the bigger teams. What they've built isn't really a team but more of an assortment of players who feel they might have something to prove but ultimately just aren't good enough.
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Quote Originally Posted by J-Myc View Post
    The thing with QPR is that they are essentially just gathering rejects from the bigger teams. What they've built isn't really a team but more of an assortment of players who feel they might have something to prove but ultimately just aren't good enough.
    You're right, QPR are just rummaging through the bargain bin of unwanted players.

What a cracker of a start to the season!!! FC Barcelona 5-1 Sociedad. Check the goal Villa scored too. This is perhaps the best I've ever seen Barcelona play to be honest, if we play like this for the rest of the season we could actually win everything again like with Pep in his first season!!! I'm soo excited, especially since Valencia drew with Madrid 1-1!!! Alex Song has signed a 5 year contract with Barca.

Page 74 of 265 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast