Page 77 of 266 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 6645

Thread: Soccer Thread

Last season, Rooney would have been a big miss for us. This season he' still a massive loss, but we have players to cope for him. Just hoping RVP stays fit. Also hoping for Welbeck and Hernandez to get opportunites. As for Berbatov, i really hope he leaves. I'm a massive fan, but Ferguson obviously is not. I hope he goes to Spurs, his old club where he truly shined. I reckon he could give Defoe and Adebayor a run for their money. He's still top class.
    Formerly, Chariking

It's unfortunate thar Berbatov doesn't get used. He used to be amazing for spurs
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Personally I think Berbatov is still good now but his style of play is not one that will endear him to managers and fans alike.
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

We should let Berbatov go. I'm surprised we haven't done so already. I'm really disappointed with the way Sir Alex has treated him and I feel sorry for the guy. We treat our strikers so unfairly sometimes. We'll find a good partnership and then shelf the other players (used to be Rooney and Hernandez, now it's Rooney and Welbeck.)

Poor Berba. Wasn't he a huge Man Utd fan too when he was a kid? I'm sure I read that somewhere. If it's true it makes it even worse. Imagine being treated like that by the club you used to adore.

Not to mention Berbatov was joint top scorer of the Premier League only two seasons ago...

Just goes to show how united treat strikers. Berba should've gone to Madrid who also wanted it.
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

I'm was thinking Arsenal would of took Berba as part of the RVP deal, I think he'd be a great player for them. In the Arsenal Stoke game its 85 mins gone and niether Podolski or Giroud look like they could hit a house with a football and don't get me started on Gervinho. Surely Alex Song wasn't that integral to the way they play?
    Thanks to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Spoiler:- My shiny card:
    Thanks to Rykerr for the shiny card

I'd have hoped we'd beat Arsenal at the Britannia, but I suppose I can live with a point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Default And a thumbs down to Stoke fans booing Aaron Ramsey

Arsenal really should have at least taken all three points here, that being said I was more disappointed about them not beating Sunderland than I am about not beating Stoke. I wouldn't say their season is over on the basis of 2 games as defensively I don't think Arsenal look too bad but we'll have to wait until Arsenal go up against a better attacking force than Stoke/Sunderland to have a concrete opinion.

Attacking wise there really does need to be more cohesion but I imagine that will come after playing a few more games together.
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Quote Originally Posted by J-Myc View Post
    I wouldn't say their season is over on the basis of 2 games as defensively I don't think Arsenal look too bad but we'll have to wait until Arsenal go up against a better attacking force than Stoke/Sunderland to have a concrete opinion.

Attacking wise there really does need to be more cohesion but I imagine that will come after playing a few more games together.
    My thoughts exactly, I'd like to see them play Chelsea, United or City before you can really say the strikers are pants or not, thing is they're going to have to start scoring soon to prove to the Arsenal faithful that they can cut it, persoanlly I don't think Giroud and Podolski will score as many combined as RVP did last season, I hope I'm wrong though because I really respect the football the gooners play.

Predictions on the L'pool City match? I'm going for 3-2 to City (boo!!) Balotelli to bag one and Tevez to get the other 2 for City and I think Borini and Suarez will score for 'Pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjames View Post
    We should let Berbatov go. I'm surprised we haven't done so already. I'm really disappointed with the way Sir Alex has treated him and I feel sorry for the guy. We treat our strikers so unfairly sometimes. We'll find a good partnership and then shelf the other players (used to be Rooney and Hernandez, now it's Rooney and Welbeck.)

Poor Berba. Wasn't he a huge Man Utd fan too when he was a kid? I'm sure I read that somewhere. If it's true it makes it even worse. Imagine being treated like that by the club you used to adore.
    yeah you should have. I always thought he did a huge mistake to go to the PL, he could have been so successfull in a league like Seria A or La Liga. His "very refined" style of play doesnt really suit PL's very physically demanding and fast football.

In other new (I seem to literally be the only one in this thread that cares about italian football) we spent 7M euros and Gave Cassano to get get Pazzini. That is right after we sold our two best players (Ibra and Silva) and a big chunk of our veterans left. You could say I am NOT hopeful for this season :[.

Rooting for Liverpool to beat City.

Huh, just as soon as I put on SportsMax I was gonna say, '' Huh what the hell going on here??? '' when Carlos Tevez put home the equalizer, Liverpool 2-2 MC then.

Terrible mistakes in deffence by Liverpool today. They just gifted City the point. Still, it was a good game to watch, Sterling in particular had a great game. He's going to be an amazing player.
    Just another generic signature.

Why the hell did Stoke fans boo Aaron Ramsey?!

I thought Shawcross broke Ramsey's leg, not the other way round. Am I missing something here? :/?

Also, good result for City.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    You could say I am NOT hopeful for this season :[.
    Result of the first game of the season just in, Milan 0-1 Sampdoria.

I hate being right sometimes.

yeah you should have. I always thought he did a huge mistake to go to the PL, he could have been so successfull in a league like Seria A or La Liga. His "very refined" style of play doesnt really suit PL's very physically demanding and fast football.
    Well if I remember correct Berbatov did very well with Tottenham, his move to Man U was like Torres goin to Chelsea, looks appealing on paper, but a dissapointing result

(Note I do know Torres is doing good at the moment with Matteo as manager, but before that, hardly anything)

Amor
    Cтрасть
    信念
    Ręves

Result of the first game of the season just in, Milan 0-1 Sampdoria.

I hate being right sometimes.
    Ouch, do they look like the money is going to actually be invested back in to the club, Silva and Ibra will be nearly impossible to replace, I hear Berbatov's going on the cheap

Shame Arsenal can't friggin score at the moment, but we've been through patches like this before, so I'm not worried. Can't be much worse than last year's start.

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    Shame Arsenal can't friggin score at the moment, but we've been through patches like this before, so I'm not worried. Can't be much worse than last year's start.
    I hear Neymar's still available, if Wenger's willing to splash out Ł50m

Also, when did Hulk sign for Spartak Moscow? Source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hulk_(footballer)

Quote Originally Posted by RevengeHitokage View Post
    Why the hell did Stoke fans boo Aaron Ramsey?!

I thought Shawcross broke Ramsey's leg, not the other way round. Am I missing something here? :/?

Also, good result for City.
    I'm not sure, but I heard something about Ramsey not accepting Shawcross's apology.
    Just another generic signature.

Quote Originally Posted by RevengeHitokage View Post
    I hear Neymar's still available, if Wenger's willing to splash out Ł50m

Also, when did Hulk sign for Spartak Moscow? Source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hulk_(footballer)
    Was the article just updated? Says nothing about Spartak and now says he plays for Chelsea. Has he just signed for them or...? I haven't been following the transfer window (got bored of it) but I did know that Chelsea were persuing him.

Quote Originally Posted by synthetica View Post
    I'm not sure, but I heard something about Ramsey not accepting Shawcross's apology.
    Pretty sure it's that, but fans are more likely to "Do the Wenger!"...which is actually pretty funny.

Hulk was linked with Chelsea iirc, but dunno what is going on. Neymar in the EPL would be quite interesting, but that Price Tag is offputting...unless you happen to be Manchester City.
        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I have claimed Registeel!

LOL, looks like Hulk's Wikipedia page is being trolled. The latest update;

"...is a Brazilian professional footballer who plays for Npower league 1 club Doncaster rovrs FC, as a striker or winger."

I'm led to assume it was someone in this thread. Whoever it was, good on you. xD

For those of you browsing this later:

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjames View Post
    LOL, looks like Hulk's Wikipedia page is being trolled. The latest update;

"...is a Brazilian professional footballer who plays for Npower league 1 club Doncaster rovrs FC, as a striker or winger."

I'm led to assume it was someone in this thread. Whoever it was, good on you. xD
    Screenshot 1 http://imgur.com/cujHh
    Screenshot 2 http://imgur.com/9fIMj
    Screenshot 3 http://imgur.com/ueSbi
    Last edited by Jinvaani; 26th August 2012 at 10:31 PM.

Page 77 of 266 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177 ... LastLast