Thread: Soccer Thread

TBH they shoulda used the same strategy they used against barca last season

Liverpools europa league group is
    Liverpool
    Udinese
    Rich russian club
    Young Boys
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Not surprised Carroll went to West Ham, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by abrar14 View Post
    Rich russian club
    Anzhi? They've got Samuel Eto'o and Yuri Zhirkov, and that defender who used to play for Blackburn. They might make life a little bit difficult for Liverpool.

As for Newcastle's Europa group, we drew Bordeaux, Club Brugge, and Martimo. Bordeaux seems to be the hardest team we got, I think we'll advance and we may even win our group.

In news more interesting than me talking about Newcastle, Manchester City have swooped in to sign not one, not two, not three but five players today. They picked up GK Richard Wright on a free transfer, signed Scott Sinclair from Swansea, got defensive midfielder Javi Garcia from Benfica, center back Matija Nastastic from Fiorentina, and finally Maicon from Inter.

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Not surprised Carroll went to West Ham, tbh.

Anzhi? They've got Samuel Eto'o and Yuri Zhirkov, and that defender who used to play for Blackburn. They might make life a little bit difficult for Liverpool.

As for Newcastle's Europa group, we drew Bordeaux, Club Brugge, and Martimo. Bordeaux seems to be the hardest team we got, I think we'll advance and we may even win our group.

In news more interesting than me talking about Newcastle, Manchester City have swooped in to sign not one, not two, not three but five players today. They picked up GK Richard Wright on a free transfer, signed Scott Sinclair from Swansea, got defensive midfielder Javi Garcia from Benfica, center back Matija Nastastic from Fiorentina, and finally Maicon from Inter.
    I'm looking forward to seeing Newcastle play in Europe this season. I even think they will win that group.
    For my team though I guess we had a good transfer window, signing twelve players six of which were Portuguese players which is a little strange.

I am happy with the signing of Rhodes who will get a lot of goals for us, I also wonder if that was a Championship transfer fee record?. To bad we still have the most tactically inept manager ever in charge :/
    Last edited by Garnet Til Alexandros XVII; 1st September 2012 at 2:55 AM.

Clint Dempsey went to Tottenham.

All the English teams got rough Europa League groups, but they could all get at least second I think.

Fulham seem to have a bargain in Berbatov, shame Dempsey went to the friggin' Spuds, and Arsenal bought no one at all. But we just need to find our scoring boots and we'll be a-okay.

Man, Chelsea got anhiliated last night, Atletico are such an inconsistent team, but they've started the season on fire. Chelsea meanwhile have lost two cups already! Probably shouldn't look too much into that.

I wonder how much Falcoa is w0rth now -.- Dempsey shoulda gone to liverpool. Shame we have stupid owners
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Got to say I'd rather have Van Der Varrt in my team over Dempsey, might just be me though. As for the Chelsea result last night Atletico are the most inconsistant team I've ever seen, they can thrash Chelsea 4-1 one week and then get beat 5-0 by Osasuna the next, as for Falcao I think he's a great striker when he's in the mood, the problem is keeping him performing at that top level I think that's the reason he hasn't made it over the pond yet (that and the fact that Atletico paid 40 million euros for him and will have a release clause of something like 9 billion euros)

Also what's going on I've just turned over to the West Ham v Fulham game and the hammers are winning 2-0! Get Berbatov on!

EDIT 3-0
    Thanks to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Spoiler:- My shiny card:
    Thanks to Rykerr for the shiny card

Fairly simple group my team got in the UCL, hopefully Dortmund and City can beat the mothereffin crap out of Madrid, lol

No Benfica is playing Barcelona!!!! :O The rest of the group should be pretty easy for us though, but I really can't wait to see Benfica VS Barca

Liverpool vs Arsenal today.
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Liverpool vs Arsenal today.
    Gonna be a good'un, I think Liverpool will edge it.

Southampton 2-1 Man Utd. I hope this happens, just like Burnley did a few years ago.

Arsenal V Liverpool might be good.

Also, Ali-Al Habsi's save from that deflected Charlie Adam freekick was quite good. Adam deserved to score though, shame he couldn't.

EDIT: 2012th post Off topic.
    Last edited by AquaRegisteel; 2nd September 2012 at 2:23 PM.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Well we don't often beat Wigan, I think only twice so I can take an away draw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Three clean sheets? What has happened to my Arsenal? Not that I'm complaining! We used to perform so shite at Anfield but now we seem to get results there every season!

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    Three clean sheets? What has happened to my Arsenal? Not that I'm complaining! We used to perform so shite at Anfield but now we seem to get results there every season!
    Don't be too impressed, you have more clean sheets than goals scored.

Is it just me or is whoever keeps clapping like a seal everytime Southampton even touch the ball REALLY annoying, I know it's supporting your team but jeez!

WOW talk about a good call swapping keepers Fergie...
    Last edited by ShinyHaxorus; 2nd September 2012 at 5:19 PM.
    Thanks to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Spoiler:- My shiny card:
    Thanks to Rykerr for the shiny card

van Persie hattrick!

Manchester United make a Manchester City-esque comeback against Southampton! Southampton 2-3 MU thanks to a RVP hattrick.

Very nice to see Van Persie working at Manchester United.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Clearly RvP hasn't lost anything by moving to Man U (other than the respect and adoration of thousands). Still a great player.

Arsenal @ Liverpool was a good game. Unfortunately for the Reds, Saurez could have leveled the score like 600000000 times, but in typical Suarez fashion he squandered quite a few chances. And hey, Arsenal finally scored, would you look at that.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post
    Manchester United make a Manchester City-esque comeback against Southampton! Southampton 2-3 MU thanks to a RVP hattrick.
    I dont think you know much about English football. United is famous for such late combacks.

Anyway, I'm kind of glad I was unable to watch the United match. I would've probably lose my nerves long before the end, probably right after the penalty. I'm a bit frustrated, though. Three rounds into the season and I still couldn't watch a single United match. I'm never at home when they are on.
    Just another generic signature.

There are reports that Cristiano Ronaldo is unhappy with life at Real Madrid after what he said to journalists in a post-match interview. There's speculation that he's fallen out with some of his team-mates. One wonders whether he will still be there come the end of the season.

It's hard being a Liverpool fan :3
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

It's hard being a Liverpool fan :3
    Premier League and European football? I'd say it's rather swell being a Liverpool fan. Hard is being a Kettering Town fan.

Stupid international breaks already, I never did like this scheduling. As for England, I'm expecting a straighforward win in Moldova and a hard working victory over Ukraine.

To solve our striking crisis we should snap up Owen, fowler and heskey who are all free agents

And do you guys hate Di Canio now. If you dont know why type his name into google
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Page 81 of 266 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast