Page 88 of 266 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 6643

Thread: Soccer Thread

^I totally agree with that.
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

So I just pre-ordered FIFA 13. If someone were to want to play me on '12 then I would of course still do that.

Now I need to decide on a team to manage. On '10 and '12 I've taken control of a League 2 side (Rotherham and Crawley) and taken them up to the higher leagues. I might start off in a lower league in a different country though this time around.

Preeeedictions:

Arsenal 2-2 Chelsea
    Everton 1-1 Southampton
    Fulham 1-1 Man City
    Norwich 1-3 Liverpool
    Reading 0-2 Newcastle
    Stoke 4-2 Swansea
    Sunderland 2-1 Wigan
    Man Utd 3-0 Tottenham
    Aston Villa 0-0 West Brom
    QPR 0-0 West Ham

Is no one going to tell me what team out of the list of teams I posted yesterday I should go with in my first FIFA 13 Career Mode? Pleeeaaassseeee do it

I can only speak for myself, but I always find it hard to play with "my" team in Fifa. It's fine for a few games, but I mostly do career-mode, and I just don't enjoy playing Man United as much. For some reason I think it's slightly because I feel like I just ****-up the team, and generally I prefer to play as teams where the demands are lower.
    Arsenal is a team I often play as. I love their football-idea, and 99% of the transfers I do are young and talented players who have the potential to grow, so in that way Arsenal suits me perfectly. While they are a top team, since they haven't won anything in a while, the demands aren't AS high as Man United or Man City for example.
    Other teams I've had successful career-modes with would be Aston Villa and Swansea, good stuff.

Is no one going to look at my list earlier on in the thread and pick one of the 14 teams I won't mind doing a CM with and tell me?

Anyway, been playing the FIFA 13 demo just now and here are my results from the demo ( the team in bold I used ):

Juventus VS Arsenal- 1-2

Arsenal VS Juventus- 1-3

Arsenal VS Juventus- 1-0

So beside the last match where I kept a CS, I conceded 2 and 3 goals in the two matches before, so defending ( attacking to some extent ) and the new first-touch feature which shit me up a couple of times over those three games are things I have to work on before I get the full game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I can only speak for myself, but I always find it hard to play with "my" team in Fifa. It's fine for a few games, but I mostly do career-mode, and I just don't enjoy playing Man United as much. For some reason I think it's slightly because I feel like I just ****-up the team, and generally I prefer to play as teams where the demands are lower.
    Arsenal is a team I often play as. I love their football-idea, and 99% of the transfers I do are young and talented players who have the potential to grow, so in that way Arsenal suits me perfectly. While they are a top team, since they haven't won anything in a while, the demands aren't AS high as Man United or Man City for example.
    Other teams I've had successful career-modes with would be Aston Villa and Swansea, good stuff.
    The bit about when you said you can't play as your team very well is just what happens with me as well. I'm a United fan as well but I just can't play well with them so whenever I play online I play as AC Milan. They're my favourite Italian club and their squad suits my style of play better.

On FIFA I like to manage a lesser team, get them promoted a few times and then move to different clubs after a year. It's cool because you get a sense of achievement and then your reward is managing better teams and just getting experience of different leagues.

I know it's dangerous to take your mind off our next opponents in the Liga, Sevilla, plus Benfica next Tuesday ( who are also very dangerous to underestimate ) but I'm already looking ahead to the Clasico! Post your predictions guys! Also, who do you think will score for both teams?

My realistic ( everything is realistic for Barca, so let me reword '' most likely ) is Barcelona 3-1 Real Madrid.

Messi will score twice and Cristian Tello will score the best most important goal of his career so far as well, while Benzema will net for Madrid. CAN YOU FEEL THE 5-0 COMIN' UP!!! Lol XD

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjames View Post
    People who send gloating messages to you after beating you on FIFA should be banned from playing online.
    Especially if they won by the luckiest goal ever and then proceeded to shut up shop while you pour it on them wave after wave and somehow you still manage to lose.

Playing Fifa with 5 star teams bore me, it's always the same few teams and it seems to make the game less realistic for me when opponents are passing the ball to Ronaldo/Messi/van Persie and always attempting to sprint all the way through. The game seems to play better when using 3 star teams.
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Rossel is my boy! '' With Sergio Ramos you can never say never, ''. He was talking about not ruling out a move for Ramos. I can see Ramos wanting to come to us but I don't want him. He'll just bring his beast-animal-like attitude to Barca. Casillas is one play I can see coming to Barca realistically though and I'd welcome him! If there's one Madrid player whose guts I don't hate it's Casillas!

FIFA 13 has arrived so I can play on that soon. ^-^

It's such a good game! I've started a Career Mode file as AS Monaco in Ligue 2.
    Last edited by Ninjames; 28th September 2012 at 5:53 PM.

Am I the only one who prefers Football Manager to FIFA?
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

The only thing they have in common is that they involve football but otherwise two very completely different game genre
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Quote Originally Posted by Armando Payne View Post
    Am I the only one who prefers Football Manager to FIFA?
    I also prefer Football Manager

And finally we have got rid of Steve Kean, this is the greatest day in a long time for my team.

^ Sure did take their time!

Blackburn made good summer transfers so with the right manager there's no reason why they can't get promoted.

Today Barcelona is playing Sevilla Hope we can make it 18/18!

The papers are claiming that Nani has punched reserve-team player Davide Petrucci after a hefty challenge at the Carrington training ground. Lol. Looks like Nani might be leaving.

C'mon Arsenal!

Oh a side note, does anyone know how long a career mode on FIFA 13 lasts for?

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    ^ Sure did take their time!

Blackburn made good summer transfers so with the right manager there's no reason why they can't get promoted.
    I agree, with our team we should be getting out of this division with a good manager.

If we beat Sevilla today we will equal our best ever start to La Liga by getting 18/18 points, LET'S GO BARCA!!! It's going to be hard getting 21/21 though because we have Real Madrid after.

Lost 3-2 to Tottenham! I'm fine with it, I quite like Tottenham and they're a decent side. If we had to lose at Old Trafford I'd prefer if it was to Tottenham than any other team. :P

WALSALL ARE 4TH BAY-BEE YEAH. Sorry, it's just that we're crap but now we're not and us not being crap makes me happy because we should be losing I mean we lose all the games but now we're winning. *Takes a few deep breathes* Sorry for that, it's just Walsall are 4th. I mean this is really brilliant news because this must be the first time in a while in which we've actually performed as a League 1 side and not a Blue Square South side. Also Ross County's match, where they lost 5-4.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjames View Post
    Lost 3-2 to Tottenham! I'm fine with it, I quite like Tottenham and they're a decent side. If we had to lose at Old Trafford I'd prefer if it was to Tottenham than any other team. :P
    I'd've been furious if that'd been my team. I had Man Utd down as guaranteed title winners at the start of the season, now I'm leaning towards the blues.

Was sure Barcelona would lose at Sevilla, but they bounced back! They look unbeatable at the moment.

Can't believe Man Utd lost to the stupid Spuds. The ONE game I want the Mancs to win and they don't!

Yeah we were losing 2-0 against Sevilla but then the guy everyone has been criticizing, CESC FABREGAS, came to our rescue! Then David Villa scored the winner on the 92nd minute, so 18/18! Oh yeah!

Page 88 of 266 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast