Page 9 of 266 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 6643

Thread: Soccer Thread

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    235

    Default

    It's kinda different though. He's been officially charged by the police. He may be given community service or something like that.

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    Surely if even the police are getting involved in his siuation the FA will do something more drastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    235

    Default

    I certainly hope so. That would really show FIFA that they're serious about it.

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    If they didn't then everyone would be up in arms, because they hadn't shown consistency. They'd probably call them racist for punishing Suarez and not the England captain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    235

    Default

    He definitely shouldn't be taken to the euro's. At the world cup he caused disruption by betraying Bridge and now if he's found guilty who knows what could happen. Maybe Rio could refuse to play and others may follow suit

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    Well France did a similar sort of thing to that at the World Cup didn't they?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    235

    Default

    That was hilarious. Especially Evra's little argument with the manager on the training ground. Fond memories

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    It's a shame we were so pathetic at the World Cup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    235

    Default

    All I can say is that my team Serbia went out at the group stage

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    Why would you back Serbia?

    Saying that, at Euro 2008 I backed Romania.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

  11. #211
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Ireland weren't in it so i thought "who's my favourite player" the answer of course being vidic who is Serbian. I'm rooting for the Germans next year though

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    I just backed Romania because they were the worst.

    Still, in Euro 2012 I get my two countries, England and Ukraine.

    As a Northern Irelander, do you support the Republic too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Ukraine need schevchenko to even be taken seriously. No offence but do they have any other stand out players except him? Does he still even play?

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    Yes he does, he's the captain. Yarmenlenko's not bad, neither is Aliyev but we're not exactly a great side. However, home advantage and Greece managed to win in 2004 so... you never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

  15. #215
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Poland have home advantage too do they not. Thre half decent keepers in Boruc Szcesny(?) and Kuscack(?)

  16. #216
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    They do, it's a half split, but we do get the final and our biggest stadium is bigger than their biggest stadium.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

  17. #217
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    235

    Default

    True. I would live to stay here and chat but I've got to go. My last words will be 5-0

  18. #218
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    And Giggsy's 20th consecutive Premier League season with a Prmeier League goal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

  19. #219
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Amazing record. How long will it take to break I wonder?

  20. #220
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    No-one, no-one will ever break that record, they either retire too early or move to a foreign team. Did you see the goal though? He knew exactly what he was doing, after some light jogging, he just sauntered into the box knowing what was about to happen and with the help of a little luck, just rolled it over the goalkeeper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

  21. #221
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    .
    Posts
    367

    Default

    Hmm, missed a lot.
    I don't think anyone would be able to break that record.
    Also, what are your predictions on euro 2012? Who's going through the group stage, who'll be in the finals etc.

  22. #222
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Germany to win. They've got great strength in depth and are just plain awesome

  23. #223
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    .
    Posts
    367

    Default

    Yeah, I'm going with Germany as well.
    They not only have the best team, they also have a fairly young team (except from klose that is).
    Second Spain
    Third Netherlands

  24. #224
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    235

    Default

    I doubt Klose will get a look in with Gomez Muller and Podolski all available to play.

  25. #225
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ToeyJoey View Post
    I really believe the fans should cut him, (Kean,) some slack, considering the team he has. The only real standout players being Yakubu, Robinson and Samba, they're doing quite well and only went down to two great goals against West Brom.
    This is the biggest load of rubbish I have have read, How can you say give the guy some slack with the team he has got when with pretty much the exact same team when we were a top 10 team. The guy just doesn't cut it at being a manager.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    I think the issue is not really one of bad management, just how the club is being run as a whole. The Jack Walker trust basically sold Blackburn to a bunch of people who have no idea how to run a football club, hence the appointment of Kean (and the sacking of Allardyce!?). The Venkys seem to have no concept of football at all. Or, maybe they do, but the fact is no one at the club has any idea what the owners' agenda is because they're so closeted and hidden, and they've taken a relatively comfortable club and through poor ownership and management have dragged it down to the laughing stock it is now.

    Yes, the fans probably went over the top last night, but you can understand that they're passionate that their club is being ruined and they're trying to make a stand. But the weird thing is, the Venkys don't seem to notice, and Kean is too stubborn to do anything about it. IMO the decent thing for him to do is to step down, for his own sake as much as anything. But I and I assume the majority of Blackburn supporters know that even if Kean does go that isn't really going to solve anything, it's far less the manager's fault than it is the owners running the club into the ground.

    TBH I watched the game last night, second half I thought Blackburn were pretty good but just couldn't finish.
    Agree about how Venkys pretty much know nothing about running a football club. It's bad times ahead as we are pretty much doomed to the Championship now due to an apparent lack of funds being made to strengthen in the transfer window

    We apparently can't even afford to sack him because it will cost to much.


    Quote Originally Posted by pimm94 View Post
    Hmm, missed a lot.
    I don't think anyone would be able to break that record.
    Also, what are your predictions on euro 2012? Who's going through the group stage, who'll be in the finals etc.
    Germany are my pick to win, don't always look that great on paper compared to teams like holland and spain but they just know how to win these big important matches.


Page 9 of 266 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •