Page 93 of 266 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 6645

Thread: Soccer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    ^ *Nitpick, t'was World Cup 2010 qualifying. Andorra I think beat Macedonia once but that's it. San Marino have only won one match ever and that was a friendly against Liechtenstein.

It's just the odds of a minnow upset is far less than the regular thrashings such as San Marino 0-13 Germany. You'd still have some of them qualifying anyway. Only problem would be lack of international playing time I guess. And I doubt anything is going to be done anytime soon anyway. Most other confederations have far more interesting qualifying stages though, especially South America. (The only exception is Oceania which is likely to forever have New Zealand dominate every single time)

Also I hear Gibraltar applied for UEFA membership, and Spain are threatening to boycott all their international and continental football if they are accepted. What bullies!
    I hope Gibraltar do get in and Spain go through with the boycott. I'm getting sick and tired of Spain winning everything. Give another team a chance.

Wow, a medley of errors going on in Poland. The stadium in which the Poland v England game is to be played in is waterlogged. The stadium has a roof but, for reasons only known by the people in charge, the roof has been open all day despite the endless rain. They can't shut it now at all because of the wind. The game looks set to be called off in the next few minutes. Good job, guys, really good job.
    Last edited by Ninjames; 16th October 2012 at 8:52 PM.

To be honest I had an idea of having like the worst 16 teams in the whole of FIFA meet each other in 4 groups of 4, and the winners qualify for their qualifying stages. (Sort of like rugby's repechage only it's at the start of the qualifying campaign with the worst teams not at the end of the qualifying campaign with the best teams that haven't already qualified.)
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Just wanted to comment because of the match between Romania - Netherlands that just ended. We won 1-4, great goals but the ref was a bit weird. Most of his decisions were okay but some decisions were just plain awkward. Oh well, he draws that yellow card for a reason i guess.
    "You need stomping. And I'm a Stomptologist."

"Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"

"Count Bleck, Floro Sapiens, whatever... Stomping fools is my business! Show me a fool, and I'll stomp it! I don't even need a reason!"

... How is Portugal losing to Northern Ireland? O.o And to make it worse it's Ronaldo's 100th game

Glad we won another match and are on our course to 2014 World Cup.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

haha Portugal only managed a draw

^Never mind that, Honduras demolished, annihilated and outright destroyed Canadia 8-1. (Look I call them Canadia because otherwise they're all idiots for referring to themselves as Canadian when there's no i in Canada.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Serbia, Serbia, Serbia. You really are a disgrace to football everywhere.

As for the England match at least it is still going ahead albeit it's the next day but it's a shame for all the fans who have paid all this money only to miss out on the match due to flights or whatnot.

The greatest and most compelling match of the night probably has to go to Germany and Sweden, quite unbelievable how a powerhouse like Germany can be 4-0 up with 30 minutes left to play and yet blow it to let Sweden come back 4-4. There goes their 100% win record.
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Quote Originally Posted by J-Myc View Post
    Serbia, Serbia, Serbia. You really are a disgrace to football everywhere.

As for the England match at least it is still going ahead albeit it's the next day but it's a shame for all the fans who have paid all this money only to miss out on the match due to flights or whatnot.

The greatest and most compelling match of the night probably has to go to Germany and Sweden, quite unbelievable how a powerhouse like Germany can be 4-0 up with 30 minutes left to play and yet blow it to let Sweden come back 4-4. There goes their 100% win record.
    Awesome, Sweden did a Newcastle!

Has Serbia ever tried to not be racist?

What a bizarre night of football. Netherlands and Russia are the only European teams left with 100% records, Germany, Spain and Portugal all drew at home. Meanwhile Uruguay got trashed again, and Canada got battered.

In England all we had was a match called off and an under-21 fixture which ended in a mass brawl.

Incredible... Just read in the papers that Sweden caught up with Germany after making 4 goals in the second half. Simply a-freakin'-mazing. How the heck did Neuer let this happen?

"Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"

"Count Bleck, Floro Sapiens, whatever... Stomping fools is my business! Show me a fool, and I'll stomp it! I don't even need a reason!"

In other news England are winning 1-0.

The Serbian FA has been charged with alleged racist chanting by fans, and both associations (FA and Serbian FA) over the behaviour of players at the end of the match.

Annnnnnnd predictions.

Tottenham 1-1 Chelsea
    Fulham 1-1 Aston Villa
    Liverpool 2-1 Reading
    Man Utd 2-0 Stoke
    Swansea 2-2 Wigan
    West Brom 1-2 Man City
    West Ham 1-1 Southampton
    Norwich 1-3 Arsenal
    Sunderland 1-1 Newcastle
    QPR 1-4 Everton

Serbia, Serbia, poor fools. Why can't those few Serbs just enjoy a match without being a bunch of racist a-holes? Really pathetic.. '-.-

We've got another home match for PSV comin' up. This saturday against Willem II. Last time was a tough win, but PSV is in the winning mood and Willem II isn't. We SHOULD be able to score at least 4 goals...

As an Irish fan, I'm dissapointed that Trappattoni is staying on till the end of qualification. Now our development of young players is just going to be further delayed. Not that we have much of a chance of qualification if Sweden can do that!

Time to start attending grounds again methinks. So I bought a ticket for Charlton vs. Barnsley tomorrow, good timing too because apparently it's 'family day' which means tickets were Ł5. Bargain or what? I'm aiming to get all the London grounds ticked off the list by the end of the season, with the exception maybe of the more expensive ones such as Stamford Bridge.

Countdown to the Tyne-Wear derby! It's this Sunday, I can't wait. Go Newcastle!

Just returned from the stadium and from PSV - Willem II. It was a terrible first half for PSV, our opponent surprisingly scored 2 goals. Luckily our captain, Kevin Strootman, was able to score two goals after which our number 9 scored the third goal. Ajax and Twente played a draw this evening, so there's some good results for PSV.

I was expecting to see some a-hole talking about the Deportivo-Barcelona game, lol. We beat Deportivo 5-4 and Messi scored a hattrick. Let me say ONE thing- THAT GAME WAS GODDAMN SCARY!!! It's only now I'm taking our defensive woes seriously

^As someone who hasn't seen the match, I can say congrats you had an exciting match. (I mean 9 goals scored in a tipsy-turvy match, great.)

Went to Charlton 0-1 Barnsley earlier, easily one of the worst games I've ever been to. Ah well, that's a ground ticked off the list.

Arsenal lost at NORWICH of all teams, ugh. But Spurs lost too so it's mildly better. Lots of crazy games around today it seems, especially leaving the house at Deportivo 0-2 Barcelona, then coming back to find it ended 4-5!

Shitca's defense is soooo sucky, 5-4, lol! My team, Real, beat Celta 2-0.

That's why shit Madrid are 8 points behind us in La Liga you cunt! Get out of this thread, we don't want any Madrid fan in here!!!!

Page 93 of 266 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast