Page 96 of 266 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 6643

Thread: Soccer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    Someone change the thread name to ''FOOTBALL thread''. Also, Ael Limassol 0-1 Fenerbahce got me really annoyed. Fenerbahce should of played better and scored more.
    Nah, let's just stick with soccer. That way, it'll be clear for those few Americans that visit this thread and so they don't start b*tching about using the word ''football'' even though that's the correct word to use.

On topic: a REALLY dissapointing evening for the Dutch. Twente lost 3-0 to Levante and PSV played a 1-1 draw. AIK was able to score 0-1 after a terrible mistake from our defender Marcelo. Luckily, PSV striker Jeremain Lens was able to correct that mistake by scoring 1-1.
    AFTER STARTING OUT AS A POKÉMON TRAINER IN 1998, I FINALLY COMPLETED THE POKÉDEX ON NOVEMBER 16TH IN THE YEAR 2014
    Playtime in Pokémon Y: 513 hours and 50 minutes.
    Pokémon seen: 718
    Pokémon caught: 718

Future team for Omega Ruby: Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert, Gorebyss, Sableye, (event shiny) Metagross

"Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"' —Bowser, Super Paper Mario

I don't even think Pep Guardiola is even that good of a manager, sure he has achieved a fair bit at Barcelona but he had an insanely talented squad to do it with and pretty much inherited all his players. I'd be curious to see him do a job with a team of average players such as Arsenal or even a team that underachieves similar to the Chelsea of last year or even Tottenham and Liverpool.
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Quote Originally Posted by J-Myc View Post
    I don't even think Pep Guardiola is even that good of a manager, sure he has achieved a fair bit at Barcelona but he had an insanely talented squad to do it with and pretty much inherited all his players. I'd be curious to see him do a job with a team of average players such as Arsenal or even a team that underachieves similar to the Chelsea of last year or even Tottenham and Liverpool.
    My thoughts exactly. I would have been astonished if he hadn't been able to win anything with the best team in club football. Let's see him manage a more average team before we announce him as one of the best managers in the world.

I'd have to disagree with popular opinion on here then and say Pep is one of the best managers around now, his record at Barcelona proves that. If you think back to a few years before when Rijkaard was in charge, they went two years without winning anything and were in decline. Guardiola turned that around in spectacular fashion winning the treble in his first season, and the rest is history.

What I'd agree with though is he might not fare so well at other clubs, purely because some managers and clubs just click, and have that amazing chemistry between them, and I'd be surprised if he found it anywhere other than Barcelona. As much as Barcelona annoy a lot of people by winning everything, I think they're one of the best teams I've watched in my, admittedly comparitively short lifetime, and won't reach that height again unless Pep goes back. Having said that Violanova's doing a great job, but there is noticable defensive frailty.

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    I'd have to disagree with popular opinion on here then and say Pep is one of the best managers around now, his record at Barcelona proves that. If you think back to a few years before when Rijkaard was in charge, they went two years without winning anything and were in decline. Guardiola turned that around in spectacular fashion winning the treble in his first season, and the rest is history.

What I'd agree with though is he might not fare so well at other clubs, purely because some managers and clubs just click, and have that amazing chemistry between them, and I'd be surprised if he found it anywhere other than Barcelona. As much as Barcelona annoy a lot of people by winning everything, I think they're one of the best teams I've watched in my, admittedly comparitively short lifetime, and won't reach that height again unless Pep goes back. Having said that Violanova's doing a great job, but there is noticable defensive frailty.
    Lucky for them, Messi cleans up their mess by scoring a lot of goals.
    AFTER STARTING OUT AS A POKÉMON TRAINER IN 1998, I FINALLY COMPLETED THE POKÉDEX ON NOVEMBER 16TH IN THE YEAR 2014

Future team for Omega Ruby: Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert, Gorebyss, Sableye, (event shiny) Metagross

"Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"' —Bowser, Super Paper Mario

Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    Someone change the thread name to ''FOOTBALL thread''. Also, Ael Limassol 0-1 Fenerbahce got me really annoyed. Fenerbahce should of played better and scored more.
    I suggested that like 100 pages ago. But yeah.. If only that 5% of the world decided to call the sport Football like the other 95% we wouldn't have this problem.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

PSV's surprising me in the worst way, I mean they were one of my (admittedly 20) favourites to win the thing after being so dominant against the team from Macedonia, who was it, the team where you destroyed them 10-2 on aggregate, but here you are surprisingly floundering. I mean if I recall correctly, you've only one 1 game. (Yeah you lost to Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk, you beat the other side (Napoli, was it?) then you drew last night.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    I suggested that like 100 pages ago. But yeah.. If only that 5% of the world decided to call the sport Football like the other 95% we wouldn't have this problem.
    It sucks that we have to make allowances for that 5% but if we didn't they'd just end up getting confused. Bless them.

Alternatively it could just be called the 'Football/Soccer Thread', or 'Association Football Thread'.

Alternatively it could just be called the 'Football/Soccer Thread', or 'Association Football Thread'.

That second one is the best.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Swansea played well against City. Shame Vorm got injured, hope he recovers quickly.

I still think it should be the football thread, I mean they've got the NFL thread so yeah it'd be incredibly easy to tell the difference.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Today Barcelona won 5-0 at Rayo Vallecano! Villa scored, Cesc scored, Leo scored twice and Xavi scored!

For me the most important thing from a match WHICH ACTUALLY HAD A TEAM GO TOE TO TOE WITH BARCA INSTEAD OF HAVING 20 MEN IN THEIR BOX DEFENDING is that Cesc is on fire and will be pushing Xavi and Iniesta really hard for a starting berth and that Messi now has 13 goals in the Liga ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Armando Payne View Post
    PSV's surprising me in the worst way, I mean they were one of my (admittedly 20) favourites to win the thing after being so dominant against the team from Macedonia, who was it, the team where you destroyed them 10-2 on aggregate, but here you are surprisingly floundering. I mean if I recall correctly, you've only one 1 game. (Yeah you lost to Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk, you beat the other side (Napoli, was it?) then you drew last night.
    PSV goes up and down like a yoyo i agree. They can play like Barca one game (not literally), and play like a sack of s**t the next game. FK Zeta was a piece of cake, everyone would win against them. Dnipro won because our defense made two fatal mistakes, something we STILL haven't been able to solve. Napoli didn't play with their strongest team and against AIK we were missing Ola Toivonen and Mark van Bommel. In the competition they aren't doing bad, but they have trouble playing good outside of Eindhoven. Today they play against one of the lower ranked teams, PEC Zwolle. Normally you would think PSV should be able to score a lot of goals but like i said, they're not playing at home so we will have to wait and see. I'm also looking forward to the Dutch ''El Clasico'', Feyenoord versus Ajax. I'm betting on Feyenoord to win this one.

[QUOTE=???2;15292450]PSV goes up and down like a yoyo i agree.QUOTE]

The real yoyos are the Turkish teams. Only they can go from beating Barcelona 3-0 to losing to a random and un-heard team.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

[QUOTE=Hilda;15292810]
    Quote Originally Posted by ???2 View Post
    PSV goes up and down like a yoyo i agree.QUOTE]

The real yoyos are the Turkish teams. Only they can go from beating Barcelona 3-0 to losing to a random and un-heard team.
    You clearly didn't see them play just now. They won 1-2 against PEC but played a terrible match. We were lucky enough to win, but it was a close one..

The Chelsea players are seeing how many of them can get sent off before the end of the ninety. They're doing a great job so far, 10/10 for effort.
    Last edited by Ninjames; 28th October 2012 at 7:32 PM.

9 man Chelsea lose 3-2 to Manchester United!!!

Chelsea 2-3 Man U

Yet another one of my predictions turns out to be correct. Am I psychic?

I'm disappointed in Fernando Torres' dive though, represent Spain properly!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Nicole~ View Post
    9 man Chelsea lose 3-2 to Manchester United!!!

Chelsea 2-3 Man U

Yet another one of my predictions turns out to be correct. Am I psychic?
    Unlikely since you predicted it would finish 1-3. :L

^Nah they did the same thing last season and they won the Champions League which is now being held by Spartak Moscow if I recall. (Basically if you win a competition then you lose a match that team then holds the title. That's my way of looking at things.) Spoilers from now up until May, Barcelona win, because they always ****in' win. Even if Barcelona don't play football like at all (see this season) they still luck themselves into a win. (The exception being Cristiano Ronaldo & pals because Ronaldo wants to be better then Messi or something like that.)

I predicted 3-1? Well at least I predicted the Dortmund-Madrid and Rayo-Barca matches correctly. Time to go see what's going on in the Mallorca-Madrid game!

Quote Originally Posted by Armando Payne View Post
    ^Nah they did the same thing last season and they won the Champions League which is now being held by Spartak Moscow if I recall. (Basically if you win a competition then you lose a match that team then holds the title. That's my way of looking at things.)
    The fudge are you talking about?

Also, that was NOT a dive by Torres.

EDIT: Another unbeaten record goes in Europe, Bayern Munich losing to Bayer Leverkusen. Thought no one would ever stop them!

^It's like a championship belt, you hold it and then you lose it, so in my mind the following teams are current champions
        Spoiler:- Due to it being too long (I was going to do each European round but then I realized none of you would care) if I don't put in the Spoiler tag.:

In a similar vein to the Unofficial World Championships then? I think the current 'holders' of that are North Korea.

In a similar vein to the Unofficial World Championships then? I think the current 'holders' of that are North Korea.
    That's nice for them since it's the only way they'll ever win anything in international football.

Page 96 of 266 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast