Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maximum Sweepage

Default Maximum Sweepage

This is the team. The one you've been waiting for. This is a team compiled of some of the best sweepers in OU. There are no walls or tanks on this team. Stall has no place here. I have now achieved a rating of 1250 using this team. It is possibly the best team I've ever made, and it's certainly the most fun to use. So, without further ado, let's check out the team.

Deoxys-S @ Light Clay
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Reflect
    - Light Screen
    - Stealth Rock
    - Taunt

This is the lead I have now accepted into the team. Its main purpose is to set up Dual Screens, and Stealth Rock if possible. Light Clay extends screens from 5 turns to 8 turns. EVs maximize Speed and bulk, and Taunt is to prevent leads like Forretress and Tentacruels from doing anything, while possibly getting other Deoxys-S as well.

Salamence (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Dragon Claw
    - Stone Edge
    - Fire Blast

This is my primary DDer that replaced Dragonite, and with Haxorus forms the core of my Dragon Dancing hyper offense team. EVs are to maximize speed and power, with a Naive nature raising Speed but not lowering Sp. Atk. Even at +1, Dragon Claw can 2HKO anything that's not meant to be defensive. Stone Edge gets maximum coverage along with Haxorus, and Fire Blast is for any Skarmory or Ferrothorn that think they can wall me.

Haxorus (M) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Mold Breaker
    EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Brick Break

This is my remodeled Haxorus set. I went with Dragon Dance over Swords Dance for a boosting move because Haxorus can be easily revenge killed without a little extra speed, although I am open to it (Haxy can always hit a little harder). Lum Berry is mostly for Ourage confusion, but can also be helpful if my opponent tries to burn or paralyze me. I actually did change its ability to Mold Breaker, because it's more useful on this set, while Rivalry is more useful with a Choice Band set. EVs are to outspeed Dragonite while adding a little bulk.

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Blaze
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Fire Punch
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge

I added this Infernape to my team to try to cover Venusaur. Jolly Nature is to increase speed, Life Orb is to increase power. Close Combat is an amazing STAB Infernape has access to, and Fire Punch gets the nod over Flare Blitz due to hopefully not killing itself prematurely. Mach Punch is for priority, while also getting STAB.

Cloyster (M) @ White Herb
    Trait: Skill Link
    EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spd
    - Shell Smash
    - Icicle Spear
    - Rock Blast
    - Razor Shell

This is one of the most fun Pokemon to use and abuse. Since Shell Smash lowers Def and Sp. Def, a White Herb restores Cloyster's godly defense and god-awful special defense. EVs are to outspeed Scarf Landorus, Scarf Darminitan, Deoxys-S, and Scarf Terrakion. Icicle Spear and Rock Blast are to abuse Skill Link, and Razor Shell is to hit Steels like Bronzong that resist both Ice and Rock, while also getting STAB.

Terrakion @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Justified
    - Rock Polish
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge

This is your everyday double-boosting Terrakion. Rock Polish is for speed, Swords Dance is for attack power. EVs are to give maximum power and speed. Jolly is to outspeed all base 100s with speed-boosting natures, and speed tie Infernape, Virizion, and other Terrakion. Air Balloon is to negate Terrakion's glaring Ground weakness, while also making it an Excadrill counter. Close Combat is for awesome STAB #1, and Stone Edge is for awesome STAB #2.

Also, this team barely switches at all, since most of them are pretty frail. You're better off just revenge killing. It's also extremely fun to use because once one dangerous sweeper is gone, there's five more left to use. Additionally, most of the time you're better off setting up than attacking. Please rate, and use it if you dare.

Major Update #1: Replaced Thundurus, Dragonite, and Volcarona with Deoxys-S, Salamence, and Infernape. Slightly altered Haxorus's moveset.

Major Update #2: Slightly altered Deoxys-S's, Salamence's, and Infernape's moveset. Slightly changed Deoxys-S's EV spread.
    Last edited by complete legitimacy; 11th September 2011 at 11:20 PM.

Credit to Blue Harvest for the amazing banner.

It looks like a hyper offence team. Anyway. Looks like your biggest problem is enemy cloysters, as your team has a weakness to all of his attacks and once boosted will just be swept off the map xD. You may want to look for a way to fix that.
    Credit to atari!

All that remains till the shiny national dex is mine!
        Spoiler:- spoiler:

I play Hyper Offense. Here is an article that sums up the strategy really well:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61631

I know it's lengthy, but you will be able to utlise a team of sweepers to much better effect after reading it.

Here are the changes I would make to your team:

First, it is generally considered 'better' for you to use a lead that can set up dual screens, because your sweepers should ALL be set up sweepers (swords dance, nasty plot, agility, shell smash, quiver dance) and they will find this much easier to do hiding behind screens. Some good dual screen-ers are Deoxys-S, Espeon, Uxie, Azelf. Personally, I use Deoxys Speed as he can also use Taunt and set up Spikes or Rocks WHICH ARE 100% NECESSARRY BECAUSE THEY TURN YOUR SWEEPERS 2HKO'S INTO OHKO'S. I use Rocks over Spikes.

An offense team should also only use one type of sweeper i.e. ALL physical or ALL special. Before anybody cried about them all being walled by Blissey and ****, there is logic behind this. Basically, if you use a mixture of sweepers, you are walled by both types of walls. A team will generally not carry more than one type of wall, they will carry one physical and one special. So, if you are running a team of 5 special sweepers, once you batter down the Blissey, which might cost you are Pokemon or two, THERE IS NOTHING LEFT ON THE TEAM TO STOP YOUR SWEEP. Good special sweepers for getting rid of Blissey are Keldeo, Latios and Alakazam, because they can use Secret Sword and Psyshock respectively, which takes into consideration the users special attack, but deals PHYSICAL damage, annihilating special walls and allowing the rest of your team to set up and sweep unhindered.

It is up to you what type of sweepers you use. I've used both and have decided I prefer special sweepers. I've had much more success with special.

I will go through your Pokemon and rate/change them but you need to decide which type of sweeper you want. I will suggest other sweepers of each type anyways.

A physical-oriented hyper offense team will generally consist of: a dual screen lead, two dragon dancers, two sword dancers, and an agility/rock polish user. Swords Dancers punch huge holes into their team early game, the dragon dancers mop up and then you have an agility/rock polish user to come in at the end an roll over all the weakened pokemon.

A special team has less rigid organisation. Mix it up between nasty plot, calm mind, agility and choice scarf. My team consists of two Nasty Plotters, 1 calm mind, 1 agility and 1 choice scarf.

Quote Originally Posted by complete legitimacy View Post
    This is the team. The one you've been waiting for. This is a team compiled of some of the best sweepers in OU. There are no walls or tanks on this team. Stall has no place here. I played 25 matches on the Smogon server and finished with a record of 12-13. That means I win with this team about 48% of the time. It's not the best team I've ever made, but it's certainly the most fun to use. So, without further ado, let's check out the team.

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Nasty Plot
    - Thunderbolt
    - Taunt
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

This is the standard Nasty Plot Thundurus. I have Taunt so I can use as a lead, to some extent. But it can also sweep if it gets a Nasty Plot up, which is scary under the rught circumstances. Thunderbolt is for STAB, and Hidden Power Ice gives you pseudo-BoltBeam coverage.
    I use this exact set, perfect. No changes needed (but your lead should set dual screens and rocks instead.)

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Multiscale
    EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 Spd
    - Dragon Dance
    - Dragon Claw
    - Fire Punch
    - Roost

This is a bulky DD set. The Lum Berry is to cure any statuses that might get around to him, like paralysis or burn. The EVs are max HP for bulk, and the speed is the minimum amount required to outspeed Modest Choice Scarf Politoed after one DD, and Scarf Landorus after 2. Dragon Claw is for reliable STAB without getting locked into Outrage, and Fire Punch is for Steels who resist Dragon. Roost is for reiable recovery, and helps keep up Multiscale.
    Offense is all about doing damage, and then sacrficing your pokemon so another can set up and continue the sweep. Survivability has no place in offense. Use Salamence instead who has been put back into OU:

Salamence@Life Orb
    Intimidate/Moxie
    252atk/252spd/4hp
    Jolly
    -DD
    -Outrage
    -Stone Edge
    -Fire Blast(for Skarms/Thorn)

Haxorus (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Rivalry
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Brick Break
    - Swords Dance

I absolutely love this thing. I use it on every single one of my teams. With Rivalry and a Choice Band, it can hit 972 Attack. With that, it can do 75% damage with Outrage to bulky Gliscor. Outrage is the main move of the set. Earthquake helps for Heatran. Brick Break is mainly to hit Tyranitar, even though it dies to Outrage too. Dual Chop is to break through subs. The Speed EVs are the minimum to outspeed Dragonite, which Haxorus can KO throgh Multiscale.

Volcarona (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Flame Body
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    - Quiver Dance
    - Bug Buzz
    - Fiery Dance
    - Hidden Power [Rock]

Volcarona is the main special sweeper on this team. Quiver Dance is a must, as Volcarona is UU without it. The 4 leftover EVs go into Sp. Def instead of HP, since Quiver Dance boosts Sp. Def as well as Sp. Def and Speed. Bug Buzz is the main STAB, and Fiery Dance is the secondary STAB, but is preferred to Flamethrower and Fire Blast since it has that amazing chance of raising its Sp. Atk even more. Hidden Power Rock is for coverage, and helps to hit Heatran, which completely walls this set otherwise, and to hit Dragonite, Gyarados, and Salamence for super-effective damage.

Cloyster (M) @ Focus Sash
    - Shell Smash
    - Icicle Spear
    - Rock Blast
    - Ice Shard

This is one of the most fun Pokemon to use and abuse. Since Shell Smash lowers Def and Sp. Def, a White Herb restores Cloyster's godly defense and god-awful special defense. EVs are to outspeed Scarf Landorus, Scarf Darminitan, Deoxys-S, and Scarf Terrakion. Icicle Spear and Rock Blast are to abuse Skill Link, and Razor Shell is to hit Steels like Bronzong that resist both Ice and Rock, while also getting STAB.

Terrakion @ Air Balloon
    - Rock Polish
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge

This is your everyday double-boosting Terrakion. Rock Polish is for speed, Swords Dance is for attack power. EVs are to give maximum power and speed. Jolly is to outspeed all base 100s with speed-boosting natures, and speed tie Infernape, Virizion, and other Terrakion. Air Balloon is to negate Terrakion's glaring Ground weakness, while also making it an Excadrill counter. Close Combat is for awesome STAB #1, and Stone Edge is for awesome STAB #2.
    I used him as the final slot on my team too, perfect set, great for end game sweeps with Polish or mid-game wall breaking with SD.

Also, this team barely switches at all, since most of them are pretty frail. You're better off just revenge killing. It's also extremely fun to use because once one dangerous sweeper is gone, there's five more left to use. Additionally, most of the time you're better off setting up than attacking. Please rate, and use it if you dare.
    I can't stress enough how you really need to choose just one side of the attacking spectrum. Here are some ideas for sweepers on either side:

Special: LO Gengar, NP Infernape, CM Keldeo, LO/Scarf Latios, LO/CM Alakazam, Agility Porygon-Z, Virizion, Contrary Serperior

Physical: DD Mence, SD Tech Scizor, DD Scrafty, SD Infernape, SD Virizion,

There are lots more but that is all I can think of off the top of my head. PM me and I can give you more ideas and even sets.

I am quite a hardcore offense player so I hope my advice was helpful. Good luck!

Credit to Farfan for the awesome banner!

My Hyper Offense team:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=540086

This is the team. The one you've been waiting for. This is a team compiled of some of the best sweepers in OU. There are no walls or tanks on this team. Stall has no place here. I played 25 matches on the Smogon server and finished with a record of 12-13. That means I win with this team about 48% of the time. It's not the best team I've ever made, but it's certainly the most fun to use. So, without further ado, let's check out the team.

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Nasty Plot
    - Thunderbolt
    - Taunt
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

This is the standard Nasty Plot Thundurus. I have Taunt so I can use as a lead, to some extent. But it can also sweep if it gets a Nasty Plot up, which is scary under the rught circumstances. Thunderbolt is for STAB, and Hidden Power Ice gives you pseudo-BoltBeam coverage.
    Good.

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Multiscale
    EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 Spd
    - Dragon Dance
    - Dragon Claw
    - Fire Punch
    - Roost

This is a bulky DD set. The Lum Berry is to cure any statuses that might get around to him, like paralysis or burn. The EVs are max HP for bulk, and the speed is the minimum amount required to outspeed Modest Choice Scarf Politoed after one DD, and Scarf Landorus after 2. Dragon Claw is for reliable STAB without getting locked into Outrage, and Fire Punch is for Steels who resist Dragon. Roost is for reiable recovery, and helps keep up Multiscale.
    Earthquake could potentially go in Fire Punch's spot to counter Heatran, but this leaves you open to Skarm.

Haxorus (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Rivalry
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Brick Break
    - Dual Chop

I absolutely love this thing. I use it on every single one of my teams. With Rivalry and a Choice Band, it can hit 972 Attack. With that, it can do 75% damage with Outrage to bulky Gliscor. Outrage is the main move of the set. Earthquake helps for Heatran. Brick Break is mainly to hit Tyranitar, even though it dies to Outrage too. Dual Chop is to break through subs. The Speed EVs are the minimum to outspeed Dragonite, which Haxorus can KO throgh Multiscale.
    Good.

Volcarona (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Flame Body
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    - Quiver Dance
    - Bug Buzz
    - Fiery Dance/Falmethrower/Fire Blast
    - Hidden Power [Rock]

Volcarona is the main special sweeper on this team. Quiver Dance is a must, as Volcarona is UU without it. The 4 leftover EVs go into Sp. Def instead of HP, since Quiver Dance boosts Sp. Def as well as Sp. Def and Speed. Bug Buzz is the main STAB, and Fiery Dance is the secondary STAB, but is preferred to Flamethrower and Fire Blast since it has that amazing chance of raising its Sp. Atk even more. Hidden Power Rock is for coverage, and helps to hit Heatran, which completely walls this set otherwise, and to hit Dragonite, Gyarados, and Salamence for super-effective damage.
    Flamethrower and Fire Blast are also good options, though Fiery Dance has that tasty SpA boost. Your choice.

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)/Naive Nature (+Spe, -SpD)
    - Shell Smash
    - Icicle Spear
    - Rock Blast
    - Razor Shell/Hydro Pump

Hydro Pump is better for breaking down walls.

Terrakion @ Air Balloon
    - Rock Polish
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge

Good DoubleDancer set.

Quote Originally Posted by Oh, Romeo View Post
    I play Hyper Offense. Here is an article that sums up the strategy really well:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61631

I know it's lengthy, but you will be able to utlise a team of sweepers to much better effect after reading it.

Here are the changes I would make to your team:

First, it is generally considered 'better' for you to use a lead that can set up dual screens, because your sweepers should ALL be set up sweepers (swords dance, nasty plot, agility, shell smash, quiver dance) and they will find this much easier to do hiding behind screens. Some good dual screen-ers are Deoxys-S, Espeon, Uxie, Azelf. Personally, I use Deoxys Speed as he can also use Taunt and set up Spikes or Rocks WHICH ARE 100% NECESSARRY BECAUSE THEY TURN YOUR SWEEPERS 2HKO'S INTO OHKO'S. I use Rocks over Spikes.

An offense team should also only use one type of sweeper i.e. ALL physical or ALL special. Before anybody cried about them all being walled by Blissey and ****, there is logic behind this. Basically, if you use a mixture of sweepers, you are walled by both types of walls. A team will generally not carry more than one type of wall, they will carry one physical and one special. So, if you are running a team of 5 special sweepers, once you batter down the Blissey, which might cost you are Pokemon or two, THERE IS NOTHING LEFT ON THE TEAM TO STOP YOUR SWEEP. Good special sweepers for getting rid of Blissey are Keldeo, Latios and Alakazam, because they can use Secret Sword and Psyshock respectively, which takes into consideration the users special attack, but deals PHYSICAL damage, annihilating special walls and allowing the rest of your team to set up and sweep unhindered.

It is up to you what type of sweepers you use. I've used both and have decided I prefer special sweepers. I've had much more success with special.

I will go through your Pokemon and rate/change them but you need to decide which type of sweeper you want. I will suggest other sweepers of each type anyways.

A physical-oriented hyper offense team will generally consist of: a dual screen lead, two dragon dancers, two sword dancers, and an agility/rock polish user. Swords Dancers punch huge holes into their team early game, the dragon dancers mop up and then you have an agility/rock polish user to come in at the end an roll over all the weakened pokemon.

A special team has less rigid organisation. Mix it up between nasty plot, calm mind, agility and choice scarf. My team consists of two Nasty Plotters, 1 calm mind, 1 agility and 1 choice scarf.

I can't stress enough how you really need to choose just one side of the attacking spectrum. Here are some ideas for sweepers on either side:

Special: LO Gengar, NP Infernape, CM Keldeo, LO/Scarf Latios, LO/CM Alakazam, Agility Porygon-Z, Virizion, Contrary Serperior

Physical: DD Mence, SD Tech Scizor, DD Scrafty, SD Infernape, SD Virizion,

There are lots more but that is all I can think of off the top of my head. PM me and I can give you more ideas and even sets.

I am quite a hardcore offense player so I hope my advice was helpful. Good luck!
    That is horrible advice. Mixed Pokemon can brek through a wall of X class, then blast through a wall of Y class. Then you can sweep with ease.

^

You have no idea what Hyper Offense is, or how to play it.

EDIT: If you'd have simply read the article I provided, you wouldn't have had to embarrass yourself.
    Last edited by Oh, Romeo; 3rd September 2011 at 5:13 PM.

My Hyper Offense team:

change the ability of haxorus to mold breaker
    Rivalry can be lucky ut at times it will lower the attack
    so you can hit levitaters
    No.

Well, keep Rivalry ONLY If you play PO, since most people dont bother to change the default gender (which is male). If it's wifi? MOLD BREAKER> Otherwise, good team.

Nope, Rivalry is staying. Anyways, thank you Oh, Romeo for your extremely helpful advice and for the link. I'll probably end up going physical, and replace Dragonite for Salamence, as Fire Punch can't even 2HKO Skarmory at +1. Then it just Whirlwinds. I'll put in a Deoxys-S once I have the time, and I'll throw in an SD Ape too. I'll probably change Haxorus to an DD set, as it can easily be revenge killed otherwise. And I'll also consider putting on Hydro Pump over Razor Shell, just have to look at the calcs first. I won't give it a Focus Sash as it's bound to take a hit setting up, and even if it does survive a special hit, it's prone to priority.

Any time, glad I could help. That article really helped me out when I first started playing offense. When offense is played correctly, even stall doesn't stand a chance.

Your ideas sound good, Salamence is, imo, far superior to Dragonite on a pure offense team. Dragonite's strength is in its durability, but Salamence can hit harder and faster, and check more walls.

Having a core of Salamence and Haxorus is really good, and is identical to the DD core I used. The reason this is good is because they have identical counters. If one of your dragons dies weakening its counter, then the second dragon can come in, finish off the weakened check and then sweep uninterrupted.

Every Pokemon on your team must be capable of a game-winning sweep, but it's up to you the trainer to perfect your teams sync. Thus, in offense, it is often better to field a team with the same weaknesses, because once that weakness is taken down, even if you have to sacrifice four pokemon doing it, the fifth is then left to win the game.

Btw, a warning: I found Quagsire to be a really annoying check to set-up offense because of its ability Unaware. It's a pokemon that ruins your momentum. I had to re-shuffle my whole team around it, it was that annoying, eventually opting for a SD Virizion with Leaf Blade. I like your ideas though. Test it out and if you have any other questions or just want to talk about offense and bounce ideas off each other, please feel free to PM me!

My Hyper Offense team:

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Oh, Romeo View Post
    Any time, glad I could help. That article really helped me out when I first started playing offense. When offense is played correctly, even stall doesn't stand a chance.

Your ideas sound good, Salamence is, imo, far superior to Dragonite on a pure offense team. Dragonite's strength is in its durability, but Salamence can hit harder and faster, and check more walls.

Having a core of Salamence and Haxorus is really good, and is identical to the DD core I used. The reason this is good is because they have identical counters. If one of your dragons dies weakening its counter, then the second dragon can come in, finish off the weakened check and then sweep uninterrupted.

Every Pokemon on your team must be capable of a game-winning sweep, but it's up to you the trainer to perfect your teams sync. Thus, in offense, it is often better to field a team with the same weaknesses, because once that weakness is taken down, even if you have to sacrifice four pokemon doing it, the fifth is then left to win the game.

Btw, a warning: I found Quagsire to be a really annoying check to set-up offense because of its ability Unaware. It's a pokemon that ruins your momentum. I had to re-shuffle my whole team around it, it was that annoying, eventually opting for a SD Virizion with Leaf Blade. I like your ideas though. Test it out and if you have any other questions or just want to talk about offense and bounce ideas off each other, please feel free to PM me!
    I actually got walled to hell by an Unaware Quagsire one time. It had Stockpile and got to +3, and I just couldn't kill it. That is probably the one and only thing that could ever stop my sweepage. At first I made this as a gimmick team, but now I think it's the best team I've ever made, as it is very viable and very enjoyable. From now on, Hyper Offense is the way to go for me.

I'm glad another person has been converted to the awesomeness of Hyper Offense! It does take a bit of practice but the rewards are great after you've put the time and effort in!

There's something satisfying about almost completely disregarding your opponent's strategy and just smashing them into the ground!

Another threat to Hyper Offense btw, is Chlorophyll Venusaur. It outspeeds at +2 speed the majority of our sweepers, uses Spore to stop our sweep, and then sets up itself with Growth whilst we either switch on sleep.

My HO team is special based and I use a Choice Scarf Latios with Hidden Power Fire to deal with it. I really struggled against it with physical so can't suggest much. If you find a way around it, let me know!

My Hyper Offense team:

I think a scarfnape slice venasaur and follow your physical HO well. Or you can swap to special and still use scarfnape, just use fire blast/flamethrower instead. Otherwise, there's nothing more I can say, seeing as it's all been said, cool team, I'll probably try this in the future.

Credits to bug pro for the banner

White FC: 2537-3909-0772

Espeon is a god dual screener on a HO team. It can also BP CMs. It also doesn't have to worry about being Taunt bait. It also starts offensive momentum for the team with it's sky-high Sp. Atk.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Edited my team.

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    Espeon is a god dual screener on a HO team. It can also BP CMs. It also doesn't have to worry about being Taunt bait. It also starts offensive momentum for the team with it's sky-high Sp. Atk.
    This is a physical team now, so I have no use for Espeon. I also want to be assured that nothing's outspeeding me.

Agreed that Espeon is a fantastic dual screener, but Deoxys has the fastest Taunt in the game other than Prankter pokemon anyways, so he can more often than not Taunt the opponent before they can Taunt you. Deoxys can also set up Stealth Rocks which are crucial in turning 2HKO's into OHKO's, particularly regarding breaking Dragonite's Marvel Scale.

Deoxys-S @ Light Clay
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Reflect
    - Light Screen
    - Stealth Rock
    - Taunt

This is the lead I have now accepted into the team. Its main purpose is to set up Dual Screens, and Stealth Rock if possible. Light Clay extends screens from 5 turns to 8 turns. EVs maximize Speed and bulk, while 4 Sp. Atk EVs give you that one point to strengthen Ice Beam, which is there in case Thundurus or Whimsicott feel the need to priority Taunt me. However, I haven't seen those at all, so I'm pressed to get rid of Taunt and run Taunt myself.
    Definitely run Taunt over Ice Beam. Completely breaks leads such as Forretress and Tentacruel which are far more common leads than Thundurus/Whimiscott. Gives you a free turn whilst they switch to set up a screen or rocks depending on what Pokemon you think they're going to switch in (based on the team preview).

Salamence (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Dragon Claw
    - Stone Edge
    - Fire Blast

This is my primary DDer that replaced Dragonite, and with Haxorus forms the core of my Dragon Dancing hyper offense team. EVs are to maximize speed and power, with a Naive nature raising Speed but not lowering Sp. Atk. Even at +1, Dragon Claw can 2HKO anything that's not meant to be defensive. Earthquake is for coverage, and Fire Blast is for any Skarmory or Ferrothorn that think they can wall me.
    I run Outrage on mine, but Claw can work fine if you don't want to get locked in, although you should keep switching to a minimum in HO anyways to prevent the opponent from trying to set up. Stone Edge provides better coverage seeing as your Haxorus is running EQ. Messes up Volcarona.

Haxorus (M) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Mold Breaker
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Brick Break

This is my remodeled Haxorus set. I went with Dragon Dance over Swords Dance for a boosting move because Haxorus can be easily revenge killed without a little extra speed, although I am open to it (Haxy can always hit a little harder). Lum Berry is mostly for Ourage confusion, but can also be helpful if my opponent tries to burn or paralyze me. I actually did change its ability to Mold Breaker, because it's more useful on this set, while Rivalry is more useful with a Choice Band set. EVs are to outspeed Dragonite while adding a little bulk.
    Seems perfect

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Blaze
    - Swords Dance
    - Flare Blitz/Fire Punch
    - Close Combat
    - Mach Punch

I added this Infernape to my team to try to cover Venusaur. Jolly Nature is to increase speed, Life Orb is to increase power. This is a Swords Dance set, with Flare Blitz and Close Combat for STAB, and Stone Edge to hit a bunch of things that resist both of those (Gyarados, Dragonite, Salamence, Latios, and Latias). However, I might make this a Choice Scarf set and replace Swords Dance with a filler. It has the same base speed as Terrakion, so it can hit that same speed number if it needs to.
    Mach Punch is a personal preference of mine. I like to run at least one priority move on all of my teams. Since you should be running Stone Edge on your Salamence and Rock Blast on your Cloyster (whilst also not using Ice Shard), I'd say it's safe to use Mach Punch. But it's personal preference. I'd also really look into Fire Punch over Blitz. Considering 'Nape may take some damage whilst setting up SD and the residual effect of Life Orb, the recoil from Blitz wouldn't let him sweep for many turns.

- Shell Smash
    - Icicle Spear
    - Rock Blast
    - Razor Shell

I do love using Cloyster! Try using it late game because the fact it raises both Speed and its Attack makes it one of the best late-game clean up sweepers, alongside such 'Mons as Terrakion.

Terrakion @ Air Balloon
    - Rock Polish
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge

Perfect! Can be used as either a mid-game wall-breaker with SD or late-game sweeper with Rock Polish

Major Update #1 : Replaced Thundurus, Dragonite, and Volcarona with Deoxys-S, Salamence, and Infernape. Slightly altered Haxorus's moveset.

Still Looking for Advice: Taunt on Deoxys-S? SD instead of DD for Haxorus? Scarf on Infernape?

Changes/suggestions in bold. I really like your remodelled team, it looks really similar to my old physical HO team. I still see Quagsire becoming a problem. Look into Virizion if it starts to pop up and disrupt your team. Other than that, looks solid!
    Last edited by Oh, Romeo; 4th September 2011 at 11:41 PM.

My Hyper Offense team:

Updated. Not much to change, though.

Looks great! Keep me informed of your progress!

My Hyper Offense team:

Another HO team! Cool ! This team is pretty solid I think. Also try Blaze Kick over Fire Punch on Infernape. Overall is a good HO team!
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Latios, Tornados, Starmie all threaten your team greatly even with dual screens especially on how easy they can switch into Infernape. Starting the game up 4-6 is really hard for this kind of team, especially with all the sacrifices you need to make already.

Dual Screens aren't always up, and its not like Infernape or the rest of the team could take a hit or avoid a 2HKO even with dual screens. I will take a closer look at this team later. I don't think 1250 CRE is very impressive by the way, no offense. It is a great start though, so good job. I remember in DPP OU when the leaderboard was very competitive in early 2010 on Shoddy, I hit 1550 #20 in about 4 hours with a Heavy Offense team.

Heavy Offense minimizes prediction.. but play it smart if you need to. If you see that they have a certain fast pokemon/scarfer which could switch in while you set up a Swords Dance or a DD, make sure you attack instead. Don't be afraid to attack first and set up later. Here is a log showing an example of this. The important part is in bold. Prediction is inevitable in pokemon, but you must do it at times even in Heavy Offense. Heavy Offense just minimizes it. In this log, if I wouldn't have hit the Gengar on the switch with Crunch I would have lost.

Spoiler:

Also, the team is against switching.. but if it is extremely obvious, then you may have to pivot in on a resist or a choiced pokemon. This has to do with the long term thinking aspect of the team. Don't do it unless you have to, if it is right in front of your face obvious, or if you are positive that it won't bite you later.

I remember when playing the team, I always used to pivot DD Salamence into a Scarftar's Superpower knowing they are going to attempt to stop my Lucario sweep. I also used this to play around stuff like Metagross, because Scizor is just such a solid switch into it. I also used to switch in Kingdra to preserve my Infernape from Starmie. I also used to switch in DD Mence into stuff like stallbreaking Gliscor, and DD up. With the constant pressure, they are pretty much forced not to double switch or to make a prediction - otherwise they will lose to the aforementioned sweeper you already have out. Heavy Offense forces your opponent to play the same game you do, no predictions. You can simply abuse that fact.

Since HO is such a balsy style like this, they will rarely see that pivot coming either. Stathakis made the rules of Heavy Offense, but he broke them if he really had to do it.
    Last edited by Gamefreak; 14th September 2011 at 12:24 AM.

Ok, thank you for your help. I've been at least starting to do that sort of thing (i.e. switching in Cloyster to Gliscor because it can't 2HKO with Earthquake. I then get a Shell Smash up and proceed to sweep. This works very well given how extremely common Gliscor is). I'll still have to learn with the attacking the switch-in, though.

I will probably end up giving Infernape a Scarf, and giving a wall-breaking moveset of like Overheat/CC/Stone Edge/HP Dark (can counter Starmie and Lati@s at the same time. That will make my team less vulnerable to the threats mentioned above.

Another thing, though. How do you feel about this sudden rise in popularity of HO teams, when you've been an expert at it for quite a while now?

Eh, using a choiced user in Heavy Offense could work. Stathakis had two teams like that, but the only difference was - his team didn't have any weaknesses from that choice user. If Infernape ends up giving your team a weakness, or doesn't help with the ones you already have it may not be the best idea. Hopefully I can give a well thought out fix later, just my lack of time.

I think the rise in Heavy Offense teams on Serebii is a good thing! As long as they win, work, and you guys have fun with it. I just hope when people rate you guy's Heavy Offense teams, they actually know what they are talking about lol.

Also, its no problem. It is great to see a new breed of Heavy Offense players. ^_^

Uhhhh, Deoxys=perfect taunt bait
    If you challenge me, You lose. If I challenge you, you lose. See how it all works out? Wins with new team- 8 losses with new team-0

Only against Prankster leads. Which are usually frail. And he will be able to hit them with other Pokemon if he decides to switch. Deoxys-S has the fastest Taunt in the game bar Prankster Pokemon. I take it you didn't read the link?
    I mod the Smogon Forums. Feel free to ask me any questions!

I have now dropped Scarf Ape from my team, and I have adopted a Scarf Landorus. I have found that Ape doesn't hit as hard as I would like it to. Landorus hits a lot harder while still outspeeding what I would like it to. It's trollish base 101 speed is enough to outspeed threats such as +1 Volcarona and +1 Salamence with a scarf. I'll post the moveset later.

I have now dropped Scarf Ape from my team, and I have adopted a Scarf Landorus. I have found that Ape doesn't hit as hard as I would like it to. Landorus hits a lot harder while still outspeeding what I would like it to. It's trollish base 101 speed is enough to outspeed threats such as +1 Volcarona and +1 Salamence with a scarf. I'll post the moveset later.
    Interesting switch. I've not really used Landorus before. I hope he is successful for you! Let me know how it goes.

My Hyper Offense team:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast