Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Community POTW #36 - Special #2

@ Leftovers Water Absorb
    Bold nature 200 HP/ 252 Def /52 Sp. def
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -Surf/ Scald
    -Ice Beam / Toxic / Heal Bell
    The amazing water wall from 4th gen is back in 5th gen. As strong as violable as ever! Walls Heatrans for days, unless of course specs HP Grass is added... Wish/protect for wish support on him and your team (Your team gets about 220 HP back), Surf if you want more damage, scald if you want burn, pick your poison, err burn... Ice Beam/ Toxic/ Heal Bell/ Roar Are all good last moves. Ice Beam hits grasses that wall you, Toxic works great with Wish/protect, Heal Bell if you wanna use Vaporeon as a cleric, and Roar as a phazer.

@Life Orb/ Choice Specs Volt Absorb
    Timid 4 HP/ 252 Sp attack /252 Speed
    -Thunderbolt
    -HP Ice
    -Shadow Ball
    -Charge Beam/ Volt Switch
    While slowly getting outclassed by the likes of Raikou and Galvantula, Jolteon has one more ace up his sleeve: Speed. With it's massive 130 base speed, not much is gonna be outspeeding Jolteon. Thunderbolt, HP Ice, Shadow Ball for damage and coverage. Volt Switch/ Charge Beam depending on item. If you're using LO, then Charge Beam is better, giving you some set up ability. But on a Specs set, I'd recommend Volt Switch.
    DW: Quick Feet. Not really good on Jolteon, with its incredulous speed, but if you want to outspeed scarfers, be my guest.

@ Toxic Orb Guts
    Adamant 4 HP/ 252 Attack/ 252 Speed
    -Flame Charge
    -Fire Fang
    -Facade
    -Dig

Odd, but if used correctly, might just work. Get the Guts boost from Toxic Orb, then a speed boost from Flame Charge and you could do some serious damage. Facade makes use of your status, but without STAB it won't be doing too much. Dig allows you to hit the rocks that wall you. This set would be a lot better if Flareon could legally have both Guts and Superpower... Guess we'll have to make due.

@ Leftovers Magic Bounce
    Timid 4 HP/ 252 Sp. Attack/ 252 Speed
    -Calm Mind
    -Psychic/ Psyshock
    -Shadow Ball
    -HP Fighting

Standard offensive set. Pick your STAB then round it off with the other moves. Magic Bounce helps stop it from being toxiced to death.

Espeon @ Light Clay Magic Bounce
    Timid Nature 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Sp Def.
    -Reflect
    -Light Screen
    -Psyshock
    -Morning Sun
    Nice dual screen set. Come in on a SR, rebound it back, then get up a reflect/ light screen based on your genius prediction of their switch!
    Last edited by MasterLucario; 4th September 2011 at 4:11 PM.
    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/343jiwx.png[/IMG]
    Keeping the classics alive

Flareon has been a UU ever since...it was made. It has a great base 130 attack, but virtually no physical movepool to speak of. In particular, its best physical Fire attack is Fire Fang. Not only that, its slow and physically frail (it has the same defenses as Jolteon). Its Special Attack is decent, and its special movepool is better, but in that category it is far outclassed by other special attacking fire types. It was basically a bottom-of-the-barrel Pokemon, sad to say...

But 5th gen gave Flareon a niche in the form of Guts (so I gave it the name Gutseon). It's the only Fire type that gets this ability, hence the niche. Its movepool still sucks, but Guts gives it more viability. A Facade behind the boost from Guts and that base 130 Attack will be doling out a lot of hurt to any Pokemon who don't resist it. The speed issue has also been resolved with Flame Charge. It has to use it at least twice to get enough speed in order to present a threat, but once that's been settled, watch out! My team got killed by a Flame Charge Gutseon once...

Game freak sadly has still not given Flareon anything better than Fire Fang as a physical Fire attack, so you'll be seeing that a lot. There still are some 4th gen Flareon as well, since Superpower from 4th gen move tutors was a very welcome addition to Flareon's movepool.

Countering Flareon: Earthquake. As I said before, Flareon has the same defenses as Jolteon. Any physical attacks will be hurting it a lot. If you see a Toxic Orb, that's the red flag for Guts. Kill it FAST.
    Oh yeah, and unless it has Superpower, Flareon simply cannot touch Heatran. Just thought I'd throw that out.

Espeon Overview

Espeon got itself one of the best new abilities this gen, which is great because it gives it a niche to use over stronger psychics. It still has a somewhat limited movepool, and with Dark type being so widespread this gen it wont see as much usage as Vaporeon, but its definitely a mon that can hold its own on any team.

Abilities:

Synchronize - an ok ability I guess, allows you to inflict the any status Espeon gains (posioned, paralyze, burn, freeze, stupid, etc) back onto the enemy pkmn. I'd rather not be poisoned, so run its DW ability over this always

Magic Mirror
    With this not only can Espy not be hit status attacks, but it reflects those moves right back at the user. It even reflects backs field moves such as Stealth Rocks and Spikes. Essentially, with this ability, the enemy can only use direct attacking moves or boosting moves (meaning this ability is the bane of many Blissey sets). Try switching into a Pranster Thunderous, I garuentee you your opponent will rage quit with their Thunderbro priority statuses/Taunts itself

The Cliche Choice Set
    :

Espeon@ Choice Specs
    Ability: Magic Mirror
    EVs: 252 SpA & 252 Spe
    Nature: Modest/ Timid

-Physic/Psyshock
    -ShadowBall
    -Hidden Power (Fighting)/ Hidden Power (Fire)
    -Grass Knot

Self explanatory, 1st slots for reliable stab (Psyshock is weaker, but gets a better hit on Special Walls like Blissey), Shadowball for a opposing Psychics. Hidden Power type depends on who you want to hit harder Ferrorthorn (which is currently #1 in usage according to Smogon's servers) or Dark Types not named Scrafty. Grass Knot for...well remember when I said Espeon had a limited movepool? Yeah, Grassknot gets a good hit on Tyranitar & bulky waters that arent Vaporeon, but thats about it. I believe Grassknot 2 or 3HKO's Tyranitar, so chances are you'll lose to most variants anyway, given Espy's low defense

The defensive Espeon:
    Espeon @ Light Clay /Leftovers
    Ability: Magic Mirror
    Nature Modest / Bold
    EV's: 252 SpA & 252 Spe / 252 Hp & 252 Def

-Reflect
    -Calm Mind
    -Psychic/ Psyshock
    -Shadowball/ Hidden Power (Fighting)/ Yawn/ Morning Sun

-Reflect for some added Defense, while Calm Mind raises SpD and SpA. Psychic or Psyshock for STAB while the last slot can be used for coverage or to force the switch. Morning Sun can be used for recovery, but gets nerfed if any weather but sun is out.

EspyJump:
    Espeon@Light Clay/ Leftovers/ Life Orb/ Petaya Berry
    Nature: Modest / Bold
    EV's: 252 SpA & 252 Spe / 252 Hp & 252 Def

-Calm Mind/ Work Up/ Light Screen
    -Shadow Ball/ Reflect/ Wish
    -Psychic/ Psyshock/ Stored Power
    -Baton Pass

Boost away with Calm Mind (or Work Up if you plan to pass to a mixed Sweeper), then pass it to something that will sweep with it. Espy and also pass dual screens or wishes if you wish it ( I know, I did that. I'm sorry), but thats better left to other mon's. If your gonna use Espy on a baton pass team (short or long chain) it loves getting passed Shell Smashes (assuming your using white herb) and Quiver Dances (hell it can even take a few dragon dances if you want) With a few boost (+6 I believe) Stored Power and Shadow Ball (assuming some of those passed boost were SpA boosts) can shut down the entire game. The other options are for more reliable STAB and the final slot is dedicated to the method of passing.

The Gimmick Espeon Set:

(Saw this set once, it wasn't unbeatable, just extremely strange. Gonna try to recreate it for you to see)

Espeon@Flame Orb/ Leftovers
    Ability: Magic Mirror/ Synchronise
    Nature: Impish (+Def/SpA)
    EV's: 252 Hp & 252 Def/ SpD

-Swagger
    -Power Swap
    -Baton Pass/Wish/ Morning Sun/ Return
    -Psychic/ Return

Idea is to let the enemy 'mon to get a few Atk/SpA boost then hit 'em with Power Swap. Use Swagger to force an attack boost on a physical attacker, which is easy enough to lure out with Espeon's low Def, then cripple them and leave them confused. Then you can spam Return for decent neutral damage or baton pass the attack boost to another mon. Wish for recovery (or Morning Sun if used on a sun team), while Psychic is for STAB.

Sorry if this set has been posted.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
    Ability: Hydration/Water absorb
    EVs: 252 Hp, 186 Def, 64 Sp.A
    Nature: Bold (+Def, -Attk) / Calm (+Sp.def, -Attk)

Scald
    Toxic / Ice beam
    Wish
    Protect

This thing is so annoying, it's not even funny. Hydration is the better ability, but that would limit it's potential to rain only. Water absorb is amazing for a switch in. Scald is to do some damage, and to help against physical attackers. Ice beam is for Dragon and Grass types, should you stay in, but Toxic is for stall wars. Burn just won't do as much in stall wars unless you're against Ferrothorn, who is a major threat. The Wish + Protect combo is self-explanatory. Helps you stall a turn of status condition on your opponent, or recover.

In previous generations, Espeon was left in the shadows of fellow Psychic types, notably Alakazam. Although fast and powerful, it was pretty generic outside of Baton Pass, which led to the popular "Espy-jump" sets. Even then, Espeon was a pretty rare sight.

5th gen comes around, and Espeon is EVERYWHERE. Why? Two words: Magic Bounce. This Hidden Ability, shared only by Xatu, acts like a constantly-active Magic Coat. It bounces almost every non-attacking aimed at the Pokemon back at the attacker. That includes Taunt, entry hazards, status moves, stat-changing moves, and so forth. This makes Espeon a fantastic anti-lead, as most leads love to set up Stealth Rocks and Magic Bounce just bounces them back. Synchronise can't even compare.

Aside from Magic Bounce, Espeon has a strong base 130 Sp. Attack (Which can be further boosted by Calm Mind) and a decently quick base 110 Speed. This sets it up for sweeping. Sadly, its attacking movepool is poor. Psychic or Psyshock will always be used. Aside from that, it really only has Shadow Ball, Grass Knot, and Hidden Power to work with. Also, many Espeon run duel screens because of Magic Bounce protecting it from Taunt.

Supportively, Espeon has a number of options. Baton Passing Calm Minds, phazing with Yawn, or even setting up Trick Room are all possible for it.

Countering Espeon: Since Espeon will be running Magic Bounce 99% of the time, just outright attack it. Pursuit is a fantastic option, hitting Espeon's weaker defense hard and supereffectively when it tries to escape. Keep in mind that it can't catch a Baton Passing Espeon, though. Other Dark and Ghost attacks (Especially the priority moves Sucker Punch and Shadow Sneak) are effective as well.
    Last edited by ClefairyRox; 5th September 2011 at 2:36 PM.

Umbreon is a favorite of mine because its so bulky. Base 95 HP, base 110 Defense, base 130 Sp. Defense, and only two weaknesses make it an ideal defensive Pokemon. It's slow and lacks power, but it has Payback and Curse to compensate.

It also has many supportive options. Yawn, Heal Bell, and Wish are the main ones. Other Eeveelutions get them as well, but Umbreon's stats make it one of the best users of them.

Umbreon's Hidden Ability is unfortunately not that good. Inner Focus stops Jirachi and Togekiss from Flinching you all day, but I feel Synchronise is better.

I credit my good pal Antar1011 from Youtube for this set. Don't know the nature or spread, but it probably focuses on Sp. Defense.

Item: Leftovers/Lum Berry.
    Ability: Synchronise

Curse
    Heal Bell
    Wish/Moonlight
    Payback

Curse increases Attack and Defense while lowering Speed. And if Payback is used after a foe attacks, it doubles in power. Heal Bell provides team support and prevents Burns from ruining your day, and the healing move keeps Umbreon healthy.

Steels and Darks wall this set all day long, so they will have to be removed.

Countering Umbreon: It's very difficult to OHKO this guy, but still possible. Hit it with your strongest Fighting and Bug attacks, Megahorn, Close Combat, Focus Blast, Bug Buzz... You get the idea. Umbreon lacking Heal Bell will also hate Poison or Burn. If it uses Curse, you can Haze or Phaze it.

Oh boy. I was hoping for something interesting. I guess the mutant Cat/Dogs are it this week, then...

First off, Espeon and Vaporeon are the absolute most viable out of the seven in OU; top Dual Screens lead and a top Physical Wall are very good accomplishments for a Psychic-Cat and a Fish-Dog, and they are very good at it.

I'll just do... Vaporeon on this one, due to the only one per post thing.

Water Absorb: Is usually a very good option. Very useful; but paling in comparison to it's other ability, and what has made it shine how much lately.
    Hydration: With the popularity of Politoed, Hydration - In or out of a Rain team - is going to be a good choice. When you have rain of your own, don't hesitate to drop Wish-Protect for Rest; it's a very good bargain. Outside of rain teams, you should make sure as to not become reliant, as it can be broken very easily if it becomes so dependant.

Also, a note; it's got extreme defenses, being 130/65/95, but as you can see, you'll need to invest in Physical Defense ALOT for it to be able to call itself a Physical wall.

Standard Wall Vaporeon
    Ability: Hydration
    Item: Leftovers
    Nature: Bold (-Atk, +Def
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SAtk
    -Scald
    -Ice Beam/Roar
    -Wish/Rest
    -Protect/Ice Beam/Roar

Standard Wall Vaporeon; Scald has that awesome Burn Chance, which is a great asset to a Wall like this. Ice Beam provides Coverage, but Roar can be placed there for PHazing out set up attackers, like Gyarados. Wish+Protect is usually, and decidedly, the best option; however, Rest could be placed over Wish is you feel like taking the risk, and the last slot can be used for either Ice Beam(If you chose Roar), Roar(If you chose Ice Beam) and Protect,(If you feel paranoid).

Other Options:

Toxic is a very appealing choice, and can - or should - be used on the above set. There is absolutely no reason to disregard it, I only decided to list an altered variant of the norm.
    Haze can be used over Roar if you fear the negative priority, but otherwise, it's an inferior option.
    Hidden Power can be used for, say, HP(Electric) to hit things like Politoed. Vaporeon's movepool isn't huge, like most Pokemon from early generations, so this pretty much caps it out.
    Baton Pass Set With moves like Acid Armor and Aqua Ring, it can be a very good Baton Pass-er, (As well as using Acid Armor to it's fullest, investing very little in Defense with it.) A Baton Pass set consisting of Baton Pass, Aqua Ring/Scald, Acid Armor and Substitute can be used. However, Baton Pass in general of the Eeveelutions is outclassed by Espeon, who is immune to Taunt, unless something with Mold Breaker runs it.

I'll do the obvious Espeon later.

Mwahaha! R4GE Zibdas! I have Claimed Probopass!

I support MC. But with Eviolite. Viva la Eviolite!

Baton Pass Sweeper

Espeon (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Magic Bounce
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Baton Pass
    - Psychic
    - Hidden Power [Fighting]

Sure Espeon's speed might not be the greatest in the game with this EV Spread, but it can still easily out run many Pokemon and it gains a nice amount of bulk From it's EV's making it harder to kill off. With good switch in timing you can gain a free turn to use Calm Mind which sets you up to sweep, if they switch in a ghost type that isn't Gengar you can just Baton Pass your Calm Mind boost to another member of your team and have them start sweeping. Psychic is the strongest STAB you got that doesn't require any set up. HP Fighting over Fire for dealing with the common Heatran, and other steel types nicely.

With a Little Glitz and Flareon

Flareon@Fire Gem
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 4 SpDef/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SpAtk)

-Flame Charge
    -Superpower
    -Return/Dig/Bite/Fire Fang
    -Return/Dig/Bite/Fire Fang

Okay, I've used this set on many Wi-Fi battles, and it has proven quite successful, so I will share it with all of you.

The main idea is to get a good speed boost in, because lack-of-speed is one of the main drawbacks to Flareon. The Fire Gem will help to get one good hit with Flame Charge, and can easily OHKO opponents who are weak to Fire Moves. Superpower is a 4th Gen. Tutor move, and provides Flareon an option vs. Rock Pokemon. The Atk and Def drop is disheartening, but with someone who has a move-pool as shallow as Flareon's, you don't really have any other options. You have a small selection for the last two slots. I personally would go with Return. Its Flareon's most powerful move by far. For the last slot, I'd go with Bite, due to the coverage it provides on Psychic and Ghost, but you can use Dig as an alternative way to hit Rock-Types, if you feel confident enough that your opponent doesn't have anything to switch into to avoid the attack. Fire Fang is the final option. If you need a little more power, you can use Fire Fang as your Fire-Sweeping move after you set-up with Flame Charges.
    Last edited by BuizelBeatsEverything; 4th September 2011 at 6:47 PM.
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/ff46iv.png[/IMG]

Me and my Boyz!

If Espeon can do it, I can too!
    Ability: Snow Cloak
    Calm (+SpD, -Atk) EVs:252 Def/252 SpD/4 HP
    -Blizzard
    -Baton Pass
    -Barrier
    -Work Up/Hail

A baton passing Glaceon? Crazy, I know... Anyway, Glaceon has awesome defense, pretty good special defense, and Snow Cloak to give an evasion boost in Hail. Barrier sharply raises Defense, which can really help Glaceon stay alive or can be BP'd to a more fragile pokemon. Blizzard gets 100% accuracy in Hail, which you want active for this set. If you use this on a Hail team, use Work Up, which can aid any offensive pokemon really. If this isn't on a Hail team, then you'll want Glace to have Hail.
    All your Kirby are belong to us! (>' . ')> (>' . ')>(>' . ')> (b^-^)b

I am proud to present my first wild shiny since the 3rd Generation, Magikarp!
    ...We all got to start somewhere, right?

FC: 0602-6317-4560
    Friend Safari: Electric-Pachirisu, Stunfisk, Manectric
    Add me if you want to, I'll add most anyone. Just shoot me a PM if you do.

*Sigh*

@Zerozoner: That's inferior to normal Baton Pass Recipient Espeon.

Speaking of which, I'll post two simple sets to consider when using Espy...

Baton Pass recipient
    Ability: Magic Bounce
    Item: Life Orb
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 4 HP, 252 SAtk, 252 Spd
    -Hidden Power(Fighting)
    -Stored Power
    -Calm Mind
    -Psyshock/Baton Pass

This is the standard recipient. Stored Power is what makes this set viable; it's got a STAB, and(Here's the OH MY GOD) can get up to 860 BP. *Head Explodes* Don't go thinking that's easy to do though. Typically, people start out with a Stall-Ninjask(Typically with SD, even though not Physical) and pass 6/6 to Espeon. Hidden Power Fighting is for hitting Dark and Steel types, which really are bad(Stored Power knocks pretty much everything else harder though.) Calm Mind incase you want a couple more boosts, of which it can be very useful, because you cannot get Taunted(I'm not sure if you can/cannot get Hazed/PHazed, though.) Psyshock is useful for hitting Special Walls, although Baton Pass can be nice in a Baton Pass chain.

Dual Screens Lead
    Ability: Magic Bounce
    Item: Leftovers/Light Clay
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SDef
    -Light Screen
    -Reflect
    -Psyshock/Morning Sun/Wish/Protect
    -Hidden Power (Fighting)/Morning Sun/Wish/Protect

This has been dropping in usage lately, but it's a solid lead nonetheless. With an immunity to Taunt, Dual Screens are quite useful, and can let some devastating Pokemon - DDHaxorus for example - set up and sweep. Lefties or Light Clay, Lefties help with survival but Light Clay can make a large difference in the time for setting up. Psyshock is STAB which is very useful for hitting well... Alot, but Morning Sun, Wish or Protect can be used over it. Hidden Power Fighting is also viable in the next set, of which only Psychics and Spiritomb/Sableye resist the two. Healing can be more useful however, so the same choices are listed.

No OO this time :I

Mwahaha! R4GE Zibdas! I have Claimed Probopass!

I support MC. But with Eviolite. Viva la Eviolite!

Cursebreon
    Umbreon@leftovers
    Ability: Synchronize
    EVs: 252 HP 88 Def 168 Sp.Def
    Curse
    Payback
    Moonlight
    Healbell/Iron Tail

The usual Umbreon set. Curse to become a complete tank. Since youre going to be slower than most pokemon out their Payback does double damage if you get hit. Moonlight for recovery. Healbell to heal status (with synchronize youe reflect status back which can be useful to switch in and take a toxic or thunder wave). Or you could use Iron Tail as another attack to hit anything that ressists Payback.
    Userbar by Master

First time trying this, so bear with me.

Flareon. Ah, Flareon. 130 base attack is great, equivalent to Garchomp and Breloom. Downside? NEARLY NO MOVEPOOL. Seriously, the best things this guy can get are Fire Fang, Dig, Flame Charge, Facade, and Superpower- that's it. But, to it's credit, it does receive Guts via Dream World, so it can run a half-decent set off of that. Flareon also has a 95 Special Attack, and an alright 115 Special Defense. Despite those facts, expect it to stay in NU for a while.

Abilities:

Flash Fire- Not as good as Guts. Even if it activates, you have only two Physical Fire moves to use.

Guts (DW)- A better option than Flash Fire. A 1.5 multiplier in Attack when hit with a status condition? Much more preferable.

Gutsy Move

Flareon@Toxic Orb
    Ability: Guts
    EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 Def
    Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -Sp Atk) or Jolly (+Spd, -Sp Atk)

Facade
    Flame Charge/Fire Fang
    Dig
    Will-O-Wisp/Toxic/Substitute

This set could work, but with Flareon's Defenses (Excluding Sp Def), don't expect it to last long. The main basis of this set is to improve on Flareon's poor Speed. Facade works in conjunction with Toxic Orb, and can hit harder than Return at that point. Flame Charge increases Speed, but you may want to go with Fire Fang for chance of Burn or Flinch. Dig is for Rock types that would wall you otherwise. The last slot is your preference. Will-O-Wisp is for crippling your opponents so your lackluster Defense won't be as lackluster. Toxic is, well, Toxic. Substitute is so you won't die immediately.
    A "few" favorites:

Shinies collected:

Espeon @Leftovers
    Bold
    Magic Mirror
    252 HP/252 Def/4 Sp. Def
    Reflect
    Light Screen
    Wish
    Baton Pass

Espeon's probably the best of the DW Eeveelutions. It doesn't even have to worry about being Taunt bait! (Does status from Mold Breaker pokemon hit through?) Basic Dual screener, seconding as a Wish passer.

IMO, it would make a good humor point if it was noted that Flareon STILL doesn't get Flare Blitz. Once it does (lol, if), CB Guts Flareon is going to become a complete wrecking ball if it switches in on... some sort of status? Toxic is not good for Flareon, Paralysis cripples it, Sleep, well... yeah.
    Last edited by Vandslaux; 4th September 2011 at 5:51 PM.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

specs jolteon
    volt absorb
    modest
    choice scarf
    252 spa 252 spe 4 hp
    thunderbolt
    hidden power ice
    shadow ball
    volt switch
    3DS FC 1220 - 6490 - 8008

Default Best OU Baton Passer

Baton Pass
    Substitute/Agility
    Thunderbolt/Charge Beam
    Hidden Power[Ice/Grass]
    Item Attached:Leftovers
    Ability:Volt Absorb/Quick Feet
    Nature:Timid(+Spd,-Atk)

Baton Pass is the move to go with Jolteon. With proper timing, the second move can be dangerous. Substiute is with timing very good. Agility is for sweeping. Thunderbolt is main attack. Charge Beam is for making you stronger. Hidden Power[Ice] is for the dragons (Salamance, Garchomp etc.).
    Hidden Power[Grass] is for Swampert.

Volt Absorb is for Electric immunity and healing.
    Quick Feet doubles speed if you got a status problem, but on the other hand, you don't have electric immunity so you can get paralyzed and thats the worst for Jolteon.

Leftovers is there to heal the Sub damage and you can't count on Volt Absorb.

Default BrightBouncyEspeon

My in game espeon is a beast and never defeated:
    Ability:Magic Bounce
    Moves:
    Phsycic
    Sunny Day
    Reflect(For obvious reasons. 60 defense. WTF NINTENDO)
    Morning Sun
    Congratulations Espeon! Nintendo has shed mercy on you! Your low defensive stats have been saved with MAGIC BOUNCE!!!!! Now, you have a chance of survival. Anyways, I chose this move set for many reasons. 1. 130 Sp. Attack? And 90 power? And stab? Yes. 2. Espeon has horrible defense. Unless you're lucky enough to be hit by stat lowering moves, crunch will kill you. 3. HP is very low. Combine with low defenses.....yah, you see where I'm going. Luckily, Espeon has decent speed, so it may be able to sunny day in the beginning and heal when needed. So yah, Espeon. Stats. Don't use it as a wall, but it's got it's uses. Design. Awesome. Competition worth? You better have a good strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Daioh Minamimachi View Post
    My in game espeon is a beast and never defeated:
    Ability:Magic Bounce
    Moves:
    Phsycic
    Sunny Day
    Reflect(For obvious reasons. 60 defense. WTF NINTENDO)
    Morning Sun
    Competition worth? You better have a good strategy.
    Strategy = Sandile sweep

Anyway...

I'll start with Umbreon

Haters gotta hate, stallers gotta stall

~Toxic/Yawn
    ~Curse
    ~Payback
    ~Wish/Moonlight/Taunt/Last Resort/Detect/Heal Bell/Mean Look
    Nature: Careful(+Sp. Defense, -Sp. Attack)
    252 HP/252 Sp. Defense/4 Defense
    Ability: Syncronise/Inner Focus

130 Sp. Defense, 110 Defense, 95 HP, and Curse is'nt somethingyou can mess with. Toxic can cripple your opponent while you set up. Yawn can let you set up without disruption. Curse gives you Attack and Defense so you can wall and destroy with Payback for the cost of Speed, which just increases the chance that Payback gets its damage boost because you go second. Wish and Moonlight heal you. Taunt can stop others from setting up and whatever. Last Resort can be used for serious damage after you use all your other moves. Detect can stall Toxic. Heal Bell heals statuses on your team. Mean Look can trap somthing that doesn't want to be walled.
    Click image for respective credits

Ah, Flareon. Forever shunted in favor of the other Eeveelutions. No boosting moves besides Growth and Curse, and not getting the holy grail of Fire STAB, Flare Blitz. Let's look at possible sets.

Abilities:
    Flash Fire:
    This is one of the better abilities, as it gives very useful egg moves and tutor moves such as Superpower and Curse.
    Guts: looks good on paper, but then Flareon's movepool is rather restricted, as IIRC DW Flareon cannot breed.

FlarTR@Leftovers
    Flash Fire
    Brave
    252 Atk/176 SpD/80 HP
    Curse
    Fire Fang
    Superpower
    Return

A TR set. Curse boost Attack, Defense, and in TR effective Speed. Fire Fang for a disappointing Fire STAB, while Superpower and Return are coverage.

Workeon@Leftovers/LO
    Flash Fire
    Hasty
    252 Spe/176 SpA/80 Atk
    Work Up
    Flamethrower/Fire Blast
    Shadow Ball
    Superpower

For use in Sun, but works elsewhere. Work Up gives a drastic boost to offense. Flamethrower and Fire Blast are STAB. Shadow Ball and Superpower are coverage.

Partners:

For the Trick Room set, a reliable TR user is useful. Bronzong specifically can lure Fire moves for Flareon to come in on.

For the Work Up set, Ninetales gives very useful Sun.

Flareon is walled quite well by bulky Waters. Thus, a Water counter like Gastrodon can be quite useful.

Counters:

Rain. Rain and Bulky waters. Those things can put an end to Flareon easily.
    Last edited by The Imposter; 4th September 2011 at 7:45 PM. Reason: thought it got Growth
    http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=35776

i'm pretty sure i just found the most hilarious pogeymanz are satan discussion ever

Quote Originally Posted by magikarprules View Post

Ah, Flareon. Forever shunted in favor of the other Eeveelutions. No boosting moves besides Growth and Curse, and not getting the holy grail of Fire STAB, Flare Blitz. Let's look at possible sets.

Abilities:
    Flash Fire:
    This is one of the better abilities, as it gives very useful egg moves and tutor moves such as Superpower and Growth.
    Guts: looks good on paper, but then Flareon's movepool is rather restricted, as IIRC DW Flareon cannot breed.

FlarTR@Leftovers
    Flash Fire
    Brave
    252 Atk/176 SpD/80 HP
    Curse
    Fire Fang
    Superpower
    Return

A TR set. Curse boost Attack, Defense, and in TR effective Speed. Fire Fang for a disappointing Fire STAB, while Superpower and Return are coverage.

Growtheon@Leftovers/LO
    Flash Fire
    Hasty
    252 Spe/176 SpA/80 Atk
    Growth
    Flamethrower/Fire Blast
    Shadow Ball
    Superpower

For use only in Sun. Growth gives a drastic boost to offense. Flamethrower and Fire Blast are STAB. Shadow Ball and Superpower are coverage.

Partners:

For the Trick Room set, a reliable TR user is useful. Bronzong specifically can lure Fire moves for Flareon to come in on.

For the Growth set, Ninetales gives very useful Sun.

Flareon is walled quite well by bulky Waters. Thus, a Water counter like Gastrodon can be quite useful.

Counters:

Rain. Rain and Bulky waters. Those things can put an end to Flareon easily.
    How does Flareon get Growth?
    Shiny Mega Gardevoir thinks his black dress is totally stylish. Shiny Mega Gallade wishes he looked that good. :P

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

Leafeon @ Leftovers
    Ability: Leaf Guard
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 196 HP/ 156 Def/ 156 SpDef
    -Knock Off
    -Synthesis
    -Toxic
    -Leaf Blade
    My Toxic-Stall Leafeon. Although generally outclassed by Tangrowth, Leafeon has slightly more Attack, Defence, SpDef, and Speed. Knock Off is to weaken defencive Pokemon. Toxic is for obvious reasons and Synthesis is for recovery. Leaf Blade is so that you aren't Taunt bait. Leaf Guard over Clorophyll for immunity to nasty status. The EVs and Nature buff out Leafeon's bulk stats. Substitute can be swapped in for Knock Off, Toxic, or Leaf Blade to take hard hits easier and ease prediction; Swap for Knock Off if item removal is unneccessary, Toxic if Toxic Spikes support is present, or Leaf Blade if neither, but without Leaf Blade you're Taunt bait.

I know that Trap-Passing is dead on Umbreon, but what about Trap-Passing Vaporeon via Whirlpool? 0.o
    Last edited by dragontamer98; 4th September 2011 at 9:34 PM.
    ~~Insert Creative Sig Here~~

Quote Originally Posted by grantholomew View Post
    Alright, Eevelutions! Yeah I always liked Leafeon the most. He’s pretty cool. I hope they make a Ghost and a Fighting Eevelution one day though…

ToxicStallLeafon
    Leafeon @ Leftovers/Heat Rock
    Trait: Chlorophyll
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Jolly (+Spd, -Satk)/Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Leaf Blade/Dig/Sunny Day
    - Toxic
    - Protect
    - Detect
    Okay so this is just kind of a staller Leafeon thing. It’s pretty risky but it can work. It works a lot better when it’s sunny, because then Leafeon is unstoppable speedwise. Basically Leaf Blade is your STAB move if you want it, but then you use Toxic, then Leafeon can do that whole Protect-then-Detect thing, and if your opponent isn’t incredibly smart, then they won’t switch out and they’ll be killed by Toxic? Yay? Dig is for those Poison-types that you can’t poison with Toxic. Sunny Day is in there in case you didn’t have the Pokemon before Leafeon use Sunny Day, but all you need Sunny Day for really is the Toxic-ing move, as well as using Dig on Poison-types. Leftovers for healing that damage you take on the first turn…and…Heat Rock if Leafeon’s gonna use Sunny Day. Yeah this set may not work, it depends on who you’re facing.
    Leafeon would be much better off with Leaf Guard, which blocks status in sun, than Chlorophyll, considering it's running a defensive set. Detect is useless, run Synthesis so it has some form of recovery aside from Lefties. Skarmory, Bronzong, Ferrothorn, and other Ballooned Steel types wall all forms of that set. Its crap HP and Sp.Def also limit any stalling opportunities it may have.

Anyway, I might as well give my contribution:

--

Leafeon

Leafeon has always been one of the more forgettable Eeveelutions, in my opinion. With that easily-overlooked Grass typing, players often forget about its fantastic Attack stat, strangely gargantuan Defense and great Speed. Its Speed is even better under the sun with Chlorophyll, its DW ability. Packed with Chlorophyll, and its other ability Leaf Guard, Leafeon just screams to be used on a Sun team. Its Defense also prevents it from being taken out by priority. Still, with those great stats, Leafeon has very limited coverage which limits its usage in OU. Steel types are also the bane of its existence, with some being able to wall and/or revenge kill just about every set it can run.

Solar Sweeper

Leafeon @ Life Orb
    Trait: Chlorophyll/Leaf Guard
    EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Leaf Blade
    - Return/Double Edge
    - Baton Pass/Quick Attack/Synthesis

This is one of the best offensive sets Leafeon can run. Leafeon's role hasn't changed much since Gen IV, aside from the addition of Chlorophyll. Leaf Guard can be used if status is an issue, while Chlorophyll is generally better for sweeping. Swords Dance allows Leafeon to boost its attack to a sky-high 700 with an Adamant nature. Leaf Blade is a fantastic move and can murder bulky waters such as Blastoise, Milotic, Slowbro, and Alomomola. Double-Edge is a strong neutral coverage move, but unfortunately it is illegal with Chlorophyll, so Return will have to be used if Chlorophyll is chosen. The last moveslot is a bit of a mystery. If a Steel type or Fire type switches in, Baton Pass can be used to give the Swords Dance boost to something that can kill the foe. Quick Attack can be used as a form of priority to pick off weaker foes. Synthesis provides great healing under the sun and can allow Leafeon to stay in longer to sweep.

Partners:
    Ninetales is an absolute must if you plan on running Leafeon on a Sun team. Otherwise, be prepared to run one or two other Pokemon with Sunny Day. Darmanitan or Arcanine are good offensive partners for Leafeon, as they generally cover each other's weaknesses, and Leafeon is able to Baton Pass them boosts as needed.

Counters:
    Steel-types wall Leafeon to hell and back. Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Bronzong, Scizor, Escavalier...there are many more I could list and each would be able to do the job well. Fire-types, namely Chandelure and Heatran, can pose a huge problem for Leafeon as well. Weezing, Gengar, and Drapion can take or avoid boosted Returns and kill the Verdant Pokemon with STAB moves. Other Pokemon with Sap Sipper can switch in on Leafeon and revenge kill it, namely Sawsbuck (which is also common under the sun), Bouffalant, even Zebstrika. Phazing moves such as Whirlwind, Roar, and Dragon Tail can also stop Leafeon from sweeping or passing its boosts.

--

This is my first POTW contribution so concrit would be nice. :D
    Last edited by Crouton; 4th September 2011 at 9:00 PM.

Vaporeon Counters
    Vappy was already a great definition of the bulky water in 4th Gen but 5th gen gave it animmunity to status while in Rain. That means no more Toxic and Hydration+Rest for instant 100% recovery.
    Steels eat Toxic for breakfast, but even without Spatk investment, STAB-Rain-boosted Surfs will hurt. Coincidentally, Ferrothorn, a great rain check is can also take on Vaporeon with little problems. It 2KOs Max Defence Vappy with Power Whip and doesn't fear anything else from it. Virizion won't like Toxic but it has enough bulk to take Ice Beams and can hit back with Swords Dance boosted Leaf Blade. Venasaur won't like Ice Beam too but can take a Toxic and hit back with Power Whip. Shaymin can't switch-in all that well but LO Seed Flare OHKOs with Stealth Rock. Celebi is in a similar position, LO Leaf Storm OHKOes.
    As far as Electric types go, loads of things OHKO it with Thunder but almost none can switch in at all. Magnezone is one of the few that can. Surf in the Rain doesn't OHKO if Vappy runs less than 184 Spatk, which is a lot for such a defensive pokemon. even if it runs max Spatk it only has about a 33% chance to OHKO without SR. With SR it goes up to about 66%. Either way, with Choice Scarf and max Spatk, Thunder OHKOes about 80% of the time with SR while a LO Thunderbolt is guranteed OHKO with SR. Specially Defensive Zapdos are only 3KOed by an uninvested Surf and 2KO back with T-bolt or Thunder. Thunderus only OHKOes with a Specs Thunder but can still Taunt it, stopping from it using Toxic, Wish or Rest. It's not OHKO'd by any uninvested attack either so it may have a chance to Nasty Plot.
    If Vaporeon isn't in Rain it's much, much easier to Counter. Toxic stops it cold and all the Counters I've mentioned don't have to fear a rain-boosted Surf. An so much more can switch-in on it safely.
    Vaporeon's hard to Counter because of it's huge bulk and fairly hard hitting attacks even without investment, but if you can take a Toxic and hit back super-effectively then you're set.
    Last edited by Aurath8; 5th September 2011 at 12:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Jolteon @ Life Orb
    Traits: Volt Absorb/Quick Feet
    EV's: 252 Sp.Att, 176 Spd, 80 Sp. Def
    Modest Nature (+Sp. Att, -Attack)

Thunder(only with rain movesets)/Thunderbolt
    Shadow Ball
    Signal Beam/Hyper Beam
    Roar/Volt Switch

Vaporeon @ Life Orb
    Trait: Water Absorb/Hydration
    EV's 102 HP, 76 Sp. Att, 76 Sp. Def
    Nature:Modest/Calm
    Muddy Water
    Ice Beam
    Shadow Ball
    Aqua Ring/Rain Dance

With wishes new mechanic's, Vaporeon can really benefit your team.It also got scald,in order to stop physical sweepers,especially Breloom.

Water absorb:a great ability and a safe way to switch in.

Hydration:an ability which prevents toxic and makes rest a good choice.

Probably Vaporeon's best set
    Ability:water absorb/hydration
    item:leftovers
    Scald
    Toxic / Ice beam
    Wish/Rest
    Protect
    Bold(+def,-atk)
    Evs 252hp/ 252def/ 4speed/

Scald stops physical sweepers.Toxic breaks down special walls.Ice beam is for Dragonite, Hydreigon, Breloom, and other resisters of scald.vaporeon's amazing hp makes wish a very good choice. Rest is there if you want to recover completely,which is always nice. Protect stalls burn/toxic and wish.
    Last edited by maciscool; 10th September 2011 at 4:07 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast