Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Community POTW #36 - Special #2

Hey all!

Ignis' Jolteon

@ Ice Gem(I guess that Normal Gem doesn't work on HP Ice does it?)
    Modest, Volt Absorb
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
    - Charge Beam/Thunder Bolt
    - Hidden Power (Ice/Grass)
    - Shadow Ball/Signal Beam
    - Magnet Rise

Switch in into an Electric attack or to something that you know that you can hurt and then do your play! If you need to avoid an EQ just Rise your self from the ground and Bamm!
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

Demon Fox Trainer
    ~ignis~
    I claim DW "Under-The-Sun" Ninetails

Espemirror
    Psycic/pycoshock
    hidden power fighting
    grass knot
    shadow ball
    item: leftovers
    ability: Magic Bounce
    Nature: Jolly
    Evs: 252 SpAtk 252 Spe 4 Spdef
    The idea of this set is to abuse magic mirror, and turn the tables on your opponent. Predict stealth rock, spore, etc. and switch to Espeon reflecting it back to your opponent. Then use Espeon's high special attack to severely hurt your opponent. Because of espeon's extremely limited movepool, these are the only useable moves really. Psychic is your stab special move. Psyshock is for special walls like Chansey. Hp Fighting goes well with psychic and gets rid of dark types who would wall you. Grass knot and shadow ball are for coverage. Calm Mind could make you a Special Sweeper that truly strikes fear, but it requires a turn set up, which espeon will probably die before it could sweep. Leftovers add a small bulk to espeon so it can switch in and out.
    Please Rate MY Team
    Never underestimate swampert.
    GEN. 3 is the best Ever!

Back from a long break from pokemon! Hello everyone!

I feel bad about our dear friend Flareon. While just about all the other eeveelutions are viable in some way, gamefreak just continues to hate on it. I remember using one back in the old RBY days, then not using it ever since. Its a pkmn with so much potential, that gamefreak just plans on trolling with each passing generation.

with a stronger physical stab (Flare Blitz), or a better movepool (at this point, any physical move would be appreciated. And does anyone else think its weird Flareon doesn't get Morning Sun?), Flareon could definitely be one of the games better fire types, but sadly it pretty much a useless pkmn. use it on a sun team I guess and you'll probably/maybe be able to be at least one of your opponents pkmn. Outside of sunshine, it can really do much at all

oh well, lets work with what we got:

but first a question, or two-

Quote Originally Posted by Haru Glory View Post
    Here are my sets for each Eeveelution!

@ Flame Orb
    Brave, Flash Fire/Guts
    EVs: 128 HP/252 Atk/128 Def
    - Fire Fang
    - Curse
    - Return
    - Superpower/Dig

Physical Bulk. The EVs spread is to make him more bulkier, but still capable to hit hard.
    Fire Fang is very powerful with Max Attack and Guts boost.
    Curse is to power up you Attack more and more (and Defense), at the cost of Speed, which is good if you use this thing in a Trick Room team. Return gives you some coverage with Slowbro and stuff like that, and Superpower if you use FF, Dig if you go with Guts.
    1. Flareon is a fire type. Fire types are immune from getting burns correct? Does Flame Orb activate guts on Flareon? (serious question guys, I haven't tested it yet, but something seems a bit wrong about that whole concept.) Im not sure that Flareon gets burned with Flame orb to have guts activated, so correct me if Im wrong.

2. You know Earthquake does twice the damage to pkmn using dig? (Just like Stomp hits bug types twice as hard, lol) And You know that Flareon is already weak to earthquake? Are you trying to kill him off or what? Last I checked, dig isnt a good move to ever use competitively, not with EQ as one of the most widely spammed attacks in the game.

Anyway, here's some sets for the under appreciated dog (also his shiny form looks like a bad *** eevee, which is pretty damn cool)

I Got Guts

Flareon@ Toxic Orb
    Ability: Guts
    Nature: Adamant or Brave
    EV's: 252 Atk/ 252 HP
    -Curse/ Work Up
    -Facade
    -Fire Fang
    -Wish/Toxic/Will-O-Wisp/Baton Pass/Tickle

Curse or Work Up is to boost up your attack (Curse brings up Def as well but cost speed, which is alright if your using Flareon on a Trick Room team. Work Up gives a SpA boost Flareon doesn’t really care about, though you can choose to Baton Pass that off) Façade + Toxic Orb and Guts means that this will be Flareon’s strongest attack outside sun (not STAB’ed, but hits for strong neutral damage). Fire Fang is the STAB move, while last slot is for support options (Toxic for stall, Will-o-wisp for physical attackers, wish if you want recovery, or BP to pass stuff off).

I HAVE THE POWAH!!! (the anti-sun team Flareon)

Flareon@ Leftovers /Life Orb/ White Herb
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Nature: Neutral (Bashful for instance)or Quiet
    Ev’s: 252 Atk/ 252 SpA
    -Work Up
    -Fire Fang/ Heat Wave/ Fire Blast
    -Super Power/ Baton Pass
    -Hidden Power (Water or Rock or Electric)/ Baton Pass

What, A Flareon with some Special attacks? Yeah, Flareon has a useable spec attack if you invest in it, which makes a mixed set viable (in UU at least, where he has a bit more varied movepool) . The idea is to let the opponent bring in the sunshine with Ninetails or Vulpix, wait for them to bring out their fire type sweeper (Victini or Arcanine or Entei) and switch Flareon into their fire attack. Not only will you get the boost, choice banded variants will be forced to switch out, giving you a free turn to boost. Use Work Up to go the mixed route (which gives you more powerful STAB to use under the sun). Super Power gives you a good physical attack while Hidden Power allows you to cover the other fire types. This set covers Charizard and Sawsbuck, and most fire type in the UU pretty well, though its pretty much only a useful set with Drought/Sunny Day support. Can be used on a sun team as well, but don’t count on getting the Flash Fire boost. You can also pass along boost with Baton Pass, but that’s a default support option for Flareon isn’t it.

Leafeon

- Leaf Blade
    - Aerial Ace / X-scissor
    - Sword Dance
    - Attract
    Item Attached: Leftovers / Destiny Knot
    Ability: Leaf Guard / Chlorophyll
    EVs and Nature:
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Speed
    Jolly Nature (+Speed, -SAtk) / Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

Counters for the eeveelutions:
    Flareon- Water pokemons in general can take Flareon very well if they are also resistant to Fighting (like Gyarados) for Superpower they will counter him even easier, bad movepoll is bad and makes Flareon too predictable, although he has Baton Pass like every other Eeveelution he is just too slow to do this (do Flame Charge boosts also pass? if they do then I might try a baton pass flareon), watch out for Guts boosted atacks as they will cause a good amount of damage.

Jolteon- A little more tricky to counter due to high speed, though he is frail so scarfed pokemons can revenge kill him and bulky ground pokemons can also do the trick although they need to watch out for the very common HP Ice so ground pokes not weak to Ice like Swampert, Gastrodon and others are very good ideas.

Vaporeon- Ferrotorn walls Vaporeon back and forth it would only need to watch out for HP fire but since Vappy is almost always on Rain he almost never uses hp fire, other good counter are Weather inducers if you predict Rest (Abomasnow is the best since Ninetails and Tyranitar are weak to Hydro Pump), Thunder users and pokemons with strong Psysical Grass or Electric atacks can KO him despite his high HP, Stell Pokes are also a good idea due to toxic, watch out for Scald burns though it can be really annoying if you are unlucky.

Leafon- Stell pokemons are untouchable by leafon due to his terrible movepoll, Heatran and Scizor are very good to kill him, Fire pokemons are also pretty safe against him taking only a little more from Return, though Baton Pass variants should not be taken lightly since he is very fast in sun and will probably pass before you atack.

Umbreon- Fighting and bug atacks are the end of Umbreon existence, he is probably the worst of the eveelutions due to how common Fighting atacks are and the fact there are better curse users than him.

Espeon- Pursuit is very good against Espeon, Scizor is probably the safest Pursuit user to kill him since some Espeons do carry HP fighting to cause some damage to Tyranitar, Brick Break although rare (and not very effective against Espeon) can be an useful move to counter the common dual screener Espeon, against Baton Pass variants things are very tricky as it is immune to Roar, Dragon Tail is interesting to counter those Variants, Scarf Pokemons are also good, Sucker Punch is also very good if you predict correctly.

Glaceon- Slow and has lots of weaknesses it is really not hard to counter, Bullet Punch and Mach Punch are good priority moves to use against Scarf variants, Stell Pokes are resistant to his powerful Blizzard, changing the weather is also a good idea, multi hit moves (though rare) can devastate the Walrein wannabe sets, one thing to watch out against Glaceon is the evasion raise from Snow Cloak, this can really change the game as your Mach Punch counter can miss and then get smacked by a Blizzard.

Espeon
    You crazy two-tailed cat...
    Nature timid
    252 sp atk/ 252 speed/ 4 hp
    ability magic bounce
    item-wise glasses give a nice all around sp.atk boost
    Moveset
    -HP bug/fire
    _shadow ball
    -psychic
    -calm mind

What i do with this espeon is i immediatly switch it in, replacing a standard lead with it, expecting the opponent is going to stealth rock or someting. The stealth rock is bounced back to the oppenent and tada, your opponent has stealthrocked themselves or something and also has a very fast special sweeper to deal with. You can then calm mind if you anticipate a switch or just go straight into the attack. Psychic for STAB, shadow ball for ghosts, HP bug/fire is a nasty little surprise for incoming dark types or bug types.

counters- bugs. espeon only has HP fire to deal with them, and i would rather run HP bug than fire.

I use this Espeon and i find it can be quite effective if the opponent knows its on your team or not because they will be discouraged to try to stealth rock or taunt.
    Last edited by VoluntaryGopher; 6th September 2011 at 5:28 PM.
    Black FC 5372 2286 6058

Umbreon@Leftovers
    Synchronize - Sassy
    252 HP - 252 Sp.Def - 4 Atk
    -Rest
    -Sleep Talk
    -Curse
    -Payback

Annoying and tough to beat. Curse up as soon as you can and become impervious to damage. Payback for some serious damage after Curse has been used enough. Rest and Sleep Talk for recovery.

What's especially fun about this set is Synchronize. Switch in on a status and have it faxed onto your opponent. Rest, Sleep Talk, and repeat. Although, your opponents aren't likely to try it again, especially if they aren't immune to the status. Best switched in on Toxic users or Will-O-Wispers.

Bulky Vaporeon
    Vaporeon w/ Leftovers
    Ability: Water Absorb / Hydration
    Bold
    EVs: 248 HP; 224 Def; 36 SpDef
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Scald/Surf
    - Hidden Power Electric/Toxic/Ice Beam/Roar

Vaporeon is the only bulky water that has the ability to Wish Pass. Wish and Protect works wonders together, and make Vaporeon absolutely vital to a bunch of different teams. The Wish/Protect combo allow Vaporeon to have a reliable method of healing, Toxic/Burn or PP stall, or pass off a healing move to a teammate. Scald is recommended in the third slot, as it allows Vaporeon to become incredibly threatening to physical sweepers. Not only does burn severely cripple physical sweepers, but it also increases Vaporeon's physical bulk, allowing Vaporeon to wall threating Pokemon like Lucario or Garchomp much easier. Surf can be used over Scald due to its higher base power, which could really come in handy in a tight situation. The last move slot is basically a toss up. HP Electric is great with Scald, as Water/Electric has pretty good type coverage. It also allows Vaporeon to beat Taunt Gyarados. Toxic allows Vaproeon to beat other walls, including other Vaporeon. Ice Beam allows Vaporeon to beat Dragonite, who can easily come in and start setting up on Vaporeon, and nails Garchomp and Gliscor much harder. Roar lets Vaporeon phase out set up sweepers or stack up residual damage.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Leafeon

Physical Sweeper
    Ability: Chlorophyll/Leaf Guard
    Nature: Jolly (252 Spd, 252 Atk, 4 HP)/Adamant (252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP)
    Item: Life Orb

Attacks:
    -Swords Dance
    -Leaf Blade
    -Take Down/Retaliate
    -Roar

Leaf Blade is the STAB move. Swords Dance raises the attack. Take down have 90 based power but have recoil. This move is for those who will resist your STAB move. If you hate recoil, Retaliate is there and it will double to 140 once a pokemon from the previous turn faint. Roar is for those who are threat to you.

Status Support

Ability: Leaf Guard
    Nature: Jolly (252 Spd, 152 Def, 104 HP)/Impish (252 Def, 152 Spd, 104 HP)
    Item: Left-over

Attacks
    -Wish/Substitute/Protect
    -Leaf blade
    -Roar/Toxic/Yawn
    -Helping Hand/Heal Bell/Synthesis

Wish heals you while Substitute gives you a temporary protection. Protect does the same. Helping hand raises your teammate's stat while Heal bell heals them. Synthesis cures you and gives you more substitute. Toxic kills the opponent in six turn once they didn't heal them while Yawn force them to switch out. Roar force threatening foes out. Leaf Blade help you stop from being taunt bait.

Baton-passer

Ability: Chlorophyll
    Nature: Jolly (252 Spd, 152 Def, 104 HP)/Impish (252 Def, 252 Spd, 4 HP)
    Item: Left-over

Moves:
    -Swords Dance
    -Baton Pass
    -Roar/Wish/Substitute/Yawn
    -Leaf Blade

Swords Dance is your main move. Roar will switch your opponent out of the battle. Wish cures you while Substitute gives you time to boost attack. Yawn forces the opponent to switch their pokemon out. Leaf blade stop you from being taunt bait

Other options...

Grasswhistle- force your pokemon to sleep... although lesser accuracy.
    Rest- For Status support only... just make sure that your partner used Sunnyday.
    Sunnyday- If you don't have a pokemon that will give you sunnyday, then just teach him.
    Return- Max happiness gives you 102 based power. Quite strong
    Dig- It will help you to hide form your opponent but less useful so better forget it.
    Solarbeam- STAB+Sunnyday= COMBO! But with the terrible Sp. Atk. of Leafeon, better forget it.
    Charm- This is for the status support.

Partner

DroughtTales is the best one I will suggest for it gives you free Sunnyday. Other wise, just stack with those who can learn it.

Hi guys, I'm new and btw this is my first ever post
    Now let's have a look at flareon .
    Set name: Guts abuser
    Ability: Guts (obvious, set name is obvious )
    Item: Toxic orb
    Nature: Jolly/Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 SpDef
    -Flame Charge
    -Facade
    -Bite
    -Quick Attack/Work Up/Hidden Power [ground] (IVs: 30 SpAtk, 30 SpDef, 31 everywhere else)

Flareon is so cool... those amazing attacking stats... too bad it has a bad movepool and bad speed... Still, I think that this is the best set for a phisical sweeper flareon. Best used lategame. You come in on somethig that is weak to fire or at a very low health, and then you Flame Charge on the switch. After that, toxic orb activates and you have +1 speed and +1 Atk due to Guts, which is 538/591 Atk and 376/343 speed depending on the nature, and 140 BP Facade and you're ready to sweep. Flame Charge covers steels too, while Bite covers ghosts. They are both super-effective and the former is STABed, so they hit for 150 BP and 120 BP respectively, around the same as Facade. The last move is a filler. Quick Attack is useful for faster mons and if you don't have time to use Flame Charge, expecially if you are forced out the first time. Work Up may be useful if the opponent switches in something that is threatened without expecting Flame Charge + Guts (Chansey expecting a special set, CB Victini expecting to resist fire and then outspeed, pokemon relying on T-Wave to cripple you etc...) as they may be forced to switch out again and you may get +1 Atk, +1 Speed and Guts. HP [ground] is useful to hit Heatran and Empoleon on the switch, to get some damage before running away. And btw, NEVER USE DIG. It would be viable MAYBE with Lefties, with T-Orb is rubbish. They will keep on switching between Heatran and dry skin Parasect (LOL) trolling you as you try to hit their x4 and x5 weaknesses until you're dead due to Toxic poison.
    I suggest to run Jolly nature as you will be outspeeding neutral 120 base speed at +1 and 102 base speed scarfers at +2 (LOL, uber scarfchomp fail XD). For the EVs put 252 Atk, 252 Spe and the latter 4 in SpDef or Def. btw, NEVER PUT THOSE 4 EVs IN THE HP. They give you 272 HP, which is divisible by 16, so all the passive damage (SR, Spikes, Sandstorm, Hail, Toxic etc) will be upped by 1, so after 2 of them you will actually have less HP.
    Other options
    Ehr... I guess Overheat for Skarmory and phisical walls... still Guts boosted Facade hits 58% harder... yeah, his movepool is quite shallow...
    Partners
    Ninetales with Drought (or Groudon in ubers :P) is appreciated but not necessary, since Flame Charge is still weak, but it removes your water weakness and sandstorm/hail. A rapid spinner is mandatory since you get tons of passive damage. Starmie and Claydol cover some of your weaknesses and use rapid spin. Wish, dual screen support... you are frail and toxic poisoned, so everything is appreciated. Vaporeon (), Alolomola, Claydol, Bronzong... all good partners. Something to take out waters and rocks, so grass types are great. Shaymin, Ferrothorn (how original...), Sceptile... they all work.
    Counters
    Anything that resists normal without being weak to fire and dark and dedicated walls, or bulky waters. Every rock type not named Lunatone or Solrock (even Geodude works...). Walls like Hippowdon, Gliscor and Skarmory (after it realizes that you are not special or mixed) will own you. Bulky waters can take a Facade (unless you work up once or twice I guess...) and kill you with surf/scald. Flash fire pokemon can come in and negate you speed boost given by Flame Charge and then own you.

Set name: Special sweeper
    Ability: Flash fire
    Item: Life Orb/Petaya Berry
    Nature: Timid/Modest
    EVs: 252 SpAtk, 252 Spe, 4 SpDef/ 252 SpAtk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
    -Flame charge
    -Fire Blast/Flamethrower
    -Shadow Ball
    -Hidden Power [Grass/Ground/Fighting]

Works in a similar way but uses special attacks. This set has the advantage of abusing both flash fire and powerful stab Fire Blast. It works as the previous set: you come in, Flame Charge and then sweep. Fire Blast after STAB has 180 BP further boosted by Life Orb. You can use Flamethrower if you don't like the accuracy loss. Shadow Ball has good neutral coverage alongside you fire move. It also hits hard some pokemon that would wall your fire attack (Jellicent, Slowbro, Starmie, Chandelure, Victini, Darmanitan-Zen (LOL) ). The last move is your Hidden Power of choice. Grass for water and rock types, Ground for rocks and Flash Fire mons (expecially non-baloon Heatran and Houndoom). HP [Fighting] gives you the often-overlooked and useless 70-80 Base Power unresisted coverage (x2 resisted Fire Blast has 90 BP...), but it hits some key pokemon at once (Baloon-Heatran, Houndoom, Hydreigon (who otherwise walls you), Crawdaunt, Bibarel ).
    For the nature Timid is suggested for the same reasons, for the EVs 252 SpAtk, 252 Spe and 4 SpDef unless you're using Petaya Berry. With it, put them in the HP so that your HP stat is dividible by 4, meaning that after 3 SR hits it will activate and give you +1 SpAtk. You can act as a hit and run pokemon and come in twice with SR up (possibly on a fire move to get flash fire boost and no damage) and then immediatly attack as they bring in their counters. The third time you come in they will probably be weakened and so you will be able to Flame Charge up and then kill them with +1 SpAtk. If you manage to get a Flash Fire in the process ( for example from an HP [fire] coming from a slower grass type in Flame charge killing range) then... SWEEP TIME!
    Other options
    Maybe substitute with Petaya as, with flame charge +1 Speed, you can pull it off easily. The bad thing is that you will have only two good attacking moves: -Fire Blast/Flamethrower -HP [Ground/Grass/Rock/Dragon] probably are the best choices: HP Ground for fire guys in general, Rock for fires in general + fire/flyings or fires with baloon but only hits neutrally Heatran, Grass for waters and Dragon if you're really scared of dragons and for a neutral hit on Flash fires not named Heatran.
    HP [Ice/Dragon] is still usable if you go with Flame Charge + 3 attacks if you really fear Dragons. HP Dragon if you fear Kingdra a lot (and Palkia in Ubers ), otherwise Ice.
    Partners
    In this case, due to the raw power of Fire Blast, drought is higly recommended.
    Rapid spin is very useful unless you want to use your opponent's SR at your own advantage. Wish, dual screen support... BLA BLA BLA... same stuff as before. As you have flash fire, pokemon weak to fire or to Will-O-Wisp are really appreciated. Ferrothorn, Scizor, Metagross, Bronzong, Dry skin Parasect (), they all bait fire attacks. Terrakion, Mienshao, No guard Machamp can be good partners since they bait in bulky ghosts that often carry Will-O-Wisp that will fall to a Flash Fire boosted fire blast/ shadow ball.
    Counters
    BLISSEY/CHANSEY. As for every single special attacker in the world. Bulky waters will take HP Grass (unless they are x4 weak) and retaliate. Flash Fires unless they switch on HP [Ground/Rock]. Flareon can defeat some of it's counters with the appropriate Hidden Power, but can't defeat them all at once. So it depends on the chosen Hidden Power.
    Last edited by megamegalomane92; 6th September 2011 at 6:55 PM.

HydroRest
    Vaporeon@Leftovers
    Bold nature
    Hydration
    252 HP/252 Sp. Def/4 Def
    ~Rest
    ~Acid Armor
    ~Toxic
    ~Protect

Damn, Vaporeon! If only GameFreak liked Flareon this much. In the rain, Rest's sleep effect is washed away (pun intended) immediately, essentially making Rest act like a Full Restore. Acid Armor boosts Vaporeon's wanting Defense stat, and allows stalling with Toxic. Protect helps Vaporeon allow the foes to accumulate Toxic damage.

Ability and item are obvious.

Bulky Specs
    Vaporeon@Choice Scarf
    Modest nature
    Water Absorb
    252 Sp. Atk/252 HP/4 Def
    ~Hydro Pump/Surf
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Shadow Ball
    ~Hidden Power (Fire)

Vaporeon has the Special Attack stat and the movepool to work a Choice Specs set. Take the STAB move of choice, and add Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, and HP Fire. HP Electric would allow for a variation on the BoltBeam combo, but HP Fire helps with Ferrothorn.

Water Absorb is the preferred ability because HP Fire is watered down (pun intended) in the rain. This is not recommended for rain teams, therefore, rendering Hydration useless.

Cursing In The Rain
    Vaporeon@Leftovers
    Careful nature
    Hydration
    252 HP/252 Sp. Def/4 Atk
    ~Curse
    ~Rest
    ~Waterfall
    ~Bite/Quick Attack

Oh, now, don't you look at me like that. Hear me out here. Curse boosts Vaporeon's lacking Attack and Defense, allowing for maximum investment in HP and Special Defense. Rest+Hydration for instant, easy recovery. Waterfall and Bite for the damage. Quick Attack is an option if priority is your thing. Also a nasty little surprise for your opponent if they were expecting special attacks from Vaporeon.

Ability and item are obvious.

Partners:
    Politoed. You want, you really, really want, rain support on all but the specs set. For those sets that don't abuse HydroRest, you'll want a cleric of some sort, because Toxic tends to be a problem for some Vaporeon sets.

Counters:
    Ferrothorn destroys any Vaporeon not carrying HP Fire. If you're lacking Ice Beam on anything, Tangrowth would also pose a huge problem. Anything with Toxic horribly threatens the integrity of any Vaporeon set that doesn't involve Hydration and/or Rest.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Just couple notes:

Scald over Surf on all Vaporeon, invest in Def and HP primarily; Wish-Protect is better over HydraRest, but not it in place of other moves, noticeably Roar.

Leafeon has two sets, one Baton Passer and a pure sweeper,

Espeon is a phenominal Dual Screens Lead that pairs exceptional with frail set-up sweepers like Haxorus, as well as being able to use Calm Mind and Stored Power(As well as Baton Pass) to great effect. Ties with best Eeveelution with Vaporeon.

Jolteon is a sweeper with a marginal movepool. Relegate to little use. Likes the rain for STABThunder.

Flareon... Y U NO GET FLARE BLITZ?!?! Flame Charge is it's best option. Guts-Facade works on that set too.

Umbreon is only a Curser. Yawn works on this one well actually, because it forces switches, allows Umbreon to up it's natural bulk and actually cause damage with Payback. It could be worse.

Glaceon is a RUNT. Worst of the bunch in my opinion. Good-ish on a Hail team though. Wait, Hail?

Quick summaries.

Mwahaha! R4GE Zibdas! I have Claimed Probopass!

I support MC. But with Eviolite. Viva la Eviolite!

jolteon

can't touch this
    jolteon@cell battery
    quick feet or volt absorb

double team
    thunder wave
    thunderbolt
    shadow ball

first use thunder wave to block your opponent's movement
    then double team x 6 or 4 or whatever
    then sweep with that 10% chance of being hit!

adhd jolteon
    jolteon@choice scarf
    volt absorb
    volt switch
    shadow ball
    signal beam
    hyper beam

One of the fastest pokemon with a choice scarf. That makes it so fast that it cant be hit! HECK YEA! Anyways... volt swith is the perfect move for it. shadow ball for... pschics and filler. Signal beam for... celebi... O.K. filler. Hyper beam as a last ditch attempt to beat something down before defeat. Basically jolteon's explosion. Not as good aas I thought but still good.

random thought Reno rules!
    They say if you press cntrl and W you get to see the programming of a website after making a signature with 3 ws and 8qs
    Fanfics I like that are still in production: Author's Run, Pokémon emerald the better version

This the aquabats song awesome forces:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx4sL0w3SHM
    and here is their song shark fighter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3wchrctxFo

I NEED A BETA READER!
    Check out my fic.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...2#post14945242

If vaporeon has hydration then wouldn't any status effects be washed away... so it'd be more like a max potion not a full restore
    They say if you press cntrl and W you get to see the programming of a website after making a signature with 3 ws and 8qs
    Fanfics I like that are still in production: Author's Run, Pokémon emerald the better version

This the aquabats song awesome forces:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx4sL0w3SHM
    and here is their song shark fighter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3wchrctxFo

I NEED A BETA READER!
    Check out my fic.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...2#post14945242

Ima SWEEPAH
    Espeon@magic bounce
    item:life orb/leftovers
    EV's:252 sp attck 252 spd 4 sp dffns
    nature:timid
    move set-

-psychic/psyshock
    -shadow ball
    -HP fighting
    -morning sun

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Want a clan? Check out my amazing clan "Forbidden Empires" (click image below for link)

Rate my team!!
    Clan Chat!

Credits to me for the FE leader UB.

Charge Beam Sweeper
    Jolteon@Focus Sash
    Timid nature
    Volt Absorb
    252 Sp. Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
    ~Charge Beam
    ~Hidden Power (Ice)
    ~Shadow Ball/Thunderbolt
    ~Signal Beam/Thunderbolt

Capitalizes on Jolteon's insane Speed, nice Special Attack, and what little movepool it's got. Charge Beam is there for the excellent chance of increasing Jolteon's Special Attack, basically amounting to a Choice Specs boost without being limited to one move. HP Ice and Charge Beam form the dreaded BoltBeam combo, and Shadow Ball and Signal Beam are for additional coverage. Thunderbolt can be thrown in there if Charge Beam doesn't cut it for pure power.

Item ensures that Jolteon gets in at least one Charge Beam. Ability is Volt Absorb because one, the Electric immunity is so useful, two, Quick Feet and Signal Beam are illegal, and three, why the hell does something with THAT kind of speed get frickin' Quick Feet?! Don't even bother with Jolteon's hidden ability.

Life Orb Sweeper
    Jolteon@Life Orb
    Timid nature
    Volt Absorb
    252 Sp. Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
    ~Thunderbolt
    ~Hidden Power (Ice)
    ~Shadow Ball
    ~Signal Beam

So Charge Beam isn't your thing? Jolteon also wears a Life Orb well. Thunderbolt and HP Ice for the BoltBeam combo (BoltPower?). Shadow Ball and Signal Beam for extra coverage.

Item and ability are obvious.

I'm Sweeping In The Rain
    Jolteon@Life Orb
    Timid nature
    Volt Absorb
    252 Sp. Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
    ~Thunder
    ~Hidden Power (Water)
    ~Shadow Ball
    ~Signal Beam

This Jolteon's for usage in a rain team. Thunder has perfect accuracy in the rain, HP Water is boosted by the rain, and Shadow Ball and Signal Beam are for extra coverage.

Life Orb powers up Jolteon's moves without limiting it to one move.

Volt Absorb... you know how this goes by now.

Baton Pass
    Jolteon@Leftovers
    Timid nature
    Volt Absorb
    252 HP/252 Spd/4 Sp. Atk
    ~Charge Beam
    ~Substitute
    ~Baton Pass
    ~Agility/Protect

Baton Passing Jolteon. Charge Beam racks up them Special Attack boosts, and stops Jolteon from becoming total Taunt bait. Substitute to get in more opportunities to Charge Beam or Agility, as well as the possibility of passing on a Substitute. Agility is to pass on Speed boosts, but Protect helps with Leftovers recovery, meaning more Subs.

Curse
    Jolteon@Leftovers
    Careful nature
    Volt Absorb
    252 HP/252 Sp. Def/4 Def
    ~Curse
    ~Thunder Fang
    ~Double Kick
    ~Bite

Jolteon's Special Defense is surprisingly good, making a Curse set at least semi-viable. Curse boosts Jolteon's lacking Attack and Defense to levels allowing it to wall and sweep, at the cost of its Arceus-given Speed. Thunder Fang is for STAB, and Double Kick and Bite get nearly perfect coverage. As a bonus, Double Kick breaks subs!

Item and ability should be obvious by now.

Partners:
    The Sweeping In The Rain set obviously is just screaming for Rain support. Trick Room support can be useful with the Curse set. You might also want a Flying-type or a Levitator to come in and take them Earthquakes Jolteon will always be the target of.

Counters:
    As a fast but frail sweeper, priority positively murders Jolteon. Hell, most physical attacks do. Also, you'll generally want to avoid Excadrill when facing a sand team, but then again, ain't that always the case anyway?

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Espeon:

I have started to love espeon this generation. I know it is a little late, but still.

Specs-ial Sweeper
    Ability:Synchronize or Magic Bounce. Either one will work
    Item:Choice Specs
    Nature: Timid (+spd -atk)
    EVs:252 spd/252 sp. atk/4 Hp
    Moves:
    Trump Card/Morning Sun
    Psychic/Psyshock/HP Fighting/HP Bug/Shadow Ball

Trump Card for power of Morning Sun for healing. Psychic or psyshock for STAB. Psyshock to get at physical walls. HP Fighting/HP Bug for dark pokemon. Shadow ball for another special move option.

I like this set just because it allows dark coverage as well as decent stab and special moves.

Latest Shiny: Gible (MMing on Y - After 1637 Eggs!)

The Mirror Also Sweeps
    Espeon@Life Orb
    Timid nature
    Magic Bounce
    252 Sp. Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
    ~Psychic/Psyshock
    ~Shadow Ball
    ~Hidden Power (Fighting)
    ~Calm Mind/Trump Card

Espeon's always had the stats of a pretty good sweeper, just never the movepool to back it up. Use the STAB move of your choice. Shadow Ball and HP Fighting provide flawless neutral coverage. Last move's up to you. Calm Mind further increases Special Attack, while Trump Card makes for a decidedly gimmicky surprise move.

Life Orb is the preferred item, because who doesn't like the freedom to switch between moves?

Always, always, and I do mean always, go with Magic Bounce on Espeon. Infinitely superior to Synchronize, unless we're talking out-of-battle effects here. Which we are NOT. So yeah. Magic Bounce. An always-on Magic Coat, what's not to like?

Mirror Pass
    Espeon@Leftovers
    Bold nature
    Magic Bounce
    252 HP/252 Spd/4 Sp. Atk
    ~Calm Mind
    ~Substitute
    ~Psychic/Psyshock/Curse
    ~Baton Pass

Baton Pass set. Mainly serves to pass Calm Minds, but also can pass Subs and (to really surprise your opponent) Curses. If you opt for both, however, you miss out on an attacking move, making you Taunt bait in the extreme.

Leftovers help Espeon recover from Substitute damage. Magic Bounce is obvious.

Partners:
    Anything that would appreciate receiving Espeon's Baton Passed boosts works. In other words, almost anything. Sucker Punch users enjoy being on Espeon's team, because once your opponent knows you have Espeon, the paranoia sets in, and they don't dare try to set up rocks or spread status.

Counters:
    As with Jolteon, Espeon is obliterated by priority. Notably, though, it resists Conkeldurr's Mach Punch. Always a plus. Chansey and Blissey wall any Espeon that ain't packing Psyshock.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Alright, I'm new to the site, but I've played for years.
    Flareon is an OK special tank in RU. He can pull off a BP set.

Flareon @ Leftovers
    Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 HP 252 SpD 4 Def
    Nature: Careful
    Flame Charge
    Wish
    Yawn / Heal Bell
    Baton Pass
    Really simple, easy to use. Try to switch in on special Heatmor or Simisear, or something. Unfortunately for him, Flareon is slow and has about as wide a movepool as Wynaut. You could also try something with Double Team if you're a troll and ignore Evasion clauses.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotomknight View Post
    If vaporeon has hydration then wouldn't any status effects be washed away... so it'd be more like a max potion not a full restore
    Max Potion fully heals health

Full Restore fully heals health and removes status afflictions

Hydration+Rest+Rain=fully heals health and removes status afflictions

I didn't even read the post you replied to. No offence though.

Oh, and I'll post three sets for the least talked about so far.

Standard Jolteon
    Ability: Volt Absorb (- Quick Feet makes it's crazy speed doubled, which normally would be good, but you won't be staying long enough to hit it, and you outspeed everything anyway.)
    Item: Life Orb/Choice Specs(Choose carefully, as he is frail, and the switching will be costly.)
    Nature: Timid(To outspeed other crap.)
    EVs: 252 SAtk, 4 Def, 252 Spd
    -Shadow Ball/Signal Beam
    -Thunderbolt/Thunder
    -Hidden Power (Grass/Ice)
    -Volt Switch

It can work. His movepool isn't actually shallow per se, but... redundant. Shadow Ball and Signal Beam both cover Psychics. However, Shadow Ball would be preferred in OU(Laughably) to hit Gengar. STABs listed being out/in rain. Hidden Power is for Gastrodon(Funny, it won't do much) and Dragonite(Multiscale, anyone?). Volt Switch to be a pivot(probably it's best move.)

Standard Umbreon
    Ability: Synchronize
    Item: Leftovers
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252 HP, 80 Def, 176 SDef
    -Curse
    -Heal Bell
    -Payback/Protect/Yawn/Wish/Moonlight
    -Payback/Protect/Yawn/Wish/Moonlight

Quite honestly the only set that works. Curse is needed, as it bolsters it's pretty good defence to be about as great as it's great special defence. Heal Bell is helpful too, because Toxic would be aimed at it(Or it would switch in. Or Para or the like.) and it would be able to refresh itself, as well as it's members. Then comes it's other options. Payback is pretty good to keep itself from becoming Taunt Bait, Protect and Wish could be used for reliable healing, Moonlight is for semi-reliable healing in one slot, and Yawn is for forcing switches, which allow it to set up.

Standard... Glaceon? Who uses Glaceon?
    Ability: Snow Cloak(For major hax)
    Item: Leftovers/Focus Sash
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 SAtk, 4 SDef
    -Blizzard/Ice Beam
    -Substitute
    -Protect/Toxic
    -Hidden Power (Electric)/Toxic

Hope for Hax, because that's the only way to go. Oh yeah, and you need Hail. Who uses Abomasnow besides me? Yeah. see what I'm getting at? Anyways, Blizzard is a cool move for it, because it can cause alot of damage from it's 130 SAtk. combine that with it's cool Defence and Special Defence and mediocre HP, and it becomes an okay staller. Substitue is for hax abuse, and Protect is pretty useful for stalling Toxic and/or Lefties. HPElectric is also an option for coverage so we don't forego that great SAtk we invest in.

So there's my contribution to, like, half of them.

Mwahaha! R4GE Zibdas! I have Claimed Probopass!

I support MC. But with Eviolite. Viva la Eviolite!

Partners for the Eeeveelution:

Leafon- Ninetales for infinite sun is a good idea if it is running in OU, if not something to start sun is nice, Heatran is another good partner as it resists or is immune to everything Leafon is weak to, Fire pokes in general are good leafon partners due to their resistances as well as Steel pokes, also he needs something to deal with opposite Steel and Fire pokes, Heatran is again good against both, physical sweepers are also good to receive baton-passed swords dances.

Glaceon- Abomasnow for perma-hail aswell as Magic Guard pokemons who can be used in Hail to have differently weakness than the regular Ice types.

Flareon- Something to remove bulky waters from the field, Electric and Grass pokemons are cool, if he is being used on Sun Clorophyl Venusaur is nice as it deals with Water and Ground pokemons who are troublesome to Flareon and is fast in sun.

Jolteon- Perma rain for thunder can be cool, but probably Jolteon should stick to UU where perma rain doesn't exist, so things which can cover Ground pokemons are good, cuz some of them are not very afraid of HP ice due to high sp defenses, Grass pokes are good because they resist and can kill Ground pokemons.

Umbreon- Pokemons who can deal with Fighters and bugs, so yeah Flying pokes are nice, if he is a baton passer something that can benefit from Curse is a good idea aswell.

Espeon- Baton passers for passing chains, Frail sweepers who can benefit from dual screen (like Haxorus, Infernape and others), Fire pokemons like Infernape or Heatran to deal with Scizor and his annoying pursuit, as well as something to deal with Tyranitar the other common pursuiter, pokemons who benefit from a field without hazards, like Volcarona, basically Espeon works in almost any team due to how useful his ability is.

Vaporeon- Drizzletoad for perma rain, Zapdos who resists Vaporeon weaknesses and can retaliate oposing water types like Jellicent with Thunder, Ferrothorn can also deal with Electric,Grass and Water Pokes and can form a cool defensive core with Vaporeon (who can even pass wishes since Ferro only healing move is Leech Seed), Pokemons who are weak to Ice or Water and want Vappy to take the hit for them like Dragons.

Hi I'm new, but full of ideas, as I have been battling for years. I'll start with Vaporeon.

Vaporeon
    Ability:Water Absorb/Hydration
    Item: leftovers
    Baton passer

Scald/Surf/Hydro Pump
    Stored power
    Acid armor
    Baton pass

Scald would be the status-inflicting stab move, and coupling a burn with 6+ defense can wall physical attacks hard. Surf is for a little higher power, but mainly for doubles. Hydro pump is pure power, and would be better to couple with a gimmick gravity team. Stored power, now one of my favorite moves, gets 140 power with 6+ defense alone, and more if it belongs in a chain. Then the casual baton passing Vaporeon.

Flareon - Best used in Doubles/Triples with Guts Ability and Trick Room and Thunder Wave Support.

Doubles/Triples Flareon
    Ability: Guts
    Stats: Relaxed, max Attack, split EVs between defenses and HP as you see fit
    Triples Position: Side
    Item: Iron Ball
    Moves: Curse, Fire Fang, Facade, Bite

Strategy: Since you have a partner (or two), you'll need to avoid the big three: EQ, Rock Slide, and Surf. If you get Trick Room up with, say, Levitate Bronzong, fast EQ users will be double-neutered. Curse will boost your lower Defense and lovely Attack while making you slower for Trick Room purposes.

Iron Ball halves your already sub-mediocre Speed, making you a Trick-Room-Speed Demon. Fire Fang for STAB (not Flame Charge because you want to keep the lowest Speed possible), Facade for the Guts Ability Combo, Bite for Flinch hax.

If you can Thunder Wave this Flareon as well, all the better. Speed takes another cut and Guts will kick into high gear without a debilitating HP decreasing Status.

Can it be done with Flash Fire Ability? Sure! Just replace Facade with Iron Tail (4th Gen transfer only) if you wish to and you're good to go. Iron Tail also comes with an added Defense-cut chance, possibly easing the cost of not using Guts to boost your yummy Attack.

Just remember to renew Trick Room periodically and have a Heal Pulse Pokemon available (Slowbro, Slowking, Alomomola, Meganium, or Cherrim, preferably in that order of priority).

The Bronzong from earlier? Try to ensure that it knows the Imprison-EQ combo for Triples...

wait, i might sound noobish for saying this but why does every one post guts toxic orb sets for flareon? Flame orb doesnt lower attack when guts on the poke so why not use it?
    in the making...

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatedarkrai View Post
    wait, i might sound noobish for saying this but why does every one post guts toxic orb sets for flareon? Flame orb doesnt lower attack when guts on the poke so why not use it?
    Because Flareon, being a fire type, does not get burned by flame orb. Well idk, I've never tried that before.
    ~You've been 0utraged

I have a Youtube channel! It's small, but always awesome! (I hope)
    https://www.youtube.com/user/redF1r3w0rks

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast