Page 1 of 37 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: A Planeswalker's Guide to SPPf (Magic: the Gathering)

Default A Planeswalker's Guide to SPPf (Magic: the Gathering)

I was looking at this thread for a while, and it seems like nobody on this site plays Magic! It strikes me as weird, considering how Magic's such a worldwide game. Anyway, I did this as a way to draw out people who play Magic so we can have something to discuss here. Also, maybe we could attract some new players to the game too.
    In Fearful Day, In Raging Night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite. When all seems lost in the War of Light look to the stars--For HOPE BURNS BRIGHT!

I don't care about my pokemon other than their battling potential. If they aren't good at battling, I'm not going to use them. If I have to spend time getting my pokemon to be perfect, so be it. I'll battle your pokemon that are "raised with love" anytime, and you know what? I'll probably win.

there used to be a thread but it kinda died.

i have my box of innistrad preordered and i cannot wait. :3

I do. Mostly EDH lately, but Standard has been kind of urgh lately.

at least we have modern to entertain ourselves with until standard rotates.

EDH all the way

Teneb and Thraximundar as my Generals

Believe it or not, Thraximundar deck only have Thraximundar as my Beater =D, the rest is tricks and combos.

Teneb on the other hand is just all around fun graveyard manipulation deck.
    WHITE FC
    3697-2481-1659

Credits to Mew_ and -Sarah for this Sig
    Come check out my newly born Fic -> Hunters of El PG 15+
        Spoiler:- Special Pokeballs:

Yeah, I'm waiting for Innistrad to get back into standard. My local fnm place doesn't do modern.
    In Fearful Day, In Raging Night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite. When all seems lost in the War of Light look to the stars--For HOPE BURNS BRIGHT!

I don't care about my pokemon other than their battling potential. If they aren't good at battling, I'm not going to use them. If I have to spend time getting my pokemon to be perfect, so be it. I'll battle your pokemon that are "raised with love" anytime, and you know what? I'll probably win.

I like the M12 set that came out...what kind of decks does everyone usually run?
    Rate my UU Sunny Day team for 4th Gen: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=538238

Looking for:

Have: Just about anything else, or I can get it, so PM me if you'd like to trade!

White FC: 0905-8030-8479
    SoulSilver FC: 1764 4644 5057
    HeartGold FC: 3353 6449 0580 (new FC)
    Platinum FC: 2580 5486 7232

I try to have one of each color at the moment, though I'm most proud of my Blue Artifact based deck and my green Spectacular Spider-Deck.

I haven't played MTG in so long... I like using White and Green decks though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracoste View Post
    You were talking about safe cooking. Guess what happens when you don't cook safe.
    (It starts with "D" and ends with "amn, my kitchen is on fire")

i play extended and i may buy more cards with the release of the new set

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavenot View Post
    Believe it or not, Thraximundar deck only have Thraximundar as my Beater =D, the rest is tricks and combos.
    I did this with Sedris. There were no real beaters in the deck, though it did tend to bring my opponents' HP down a little while I wait to set up Dream Halls/Mind Over Matter + Psychosis Crawler. The deck was dripping with raw draw power and I often was able to draw, and play, my entire deck in one turn. The only real big beater I had in the deck was Kozilek, who usually just got cast then sacced for a DH'd Vivisection or something to recycle the deck.

I redid that to have Damia as the general. It's even more ridiculous now but also includes some more Green Big Beats-type creatures like Vorosh (who becomes truly insane with Doubling Season + Copy Enchantment... +24/+24 for dealing damage please!), token generation via Leafdrake Roost/Pentavus/Triskelavus, Doubling Season, and a fair bit of land ramp so I always get access to the right mana ASAP.

I like my new Red/Black Bloodthirst deck, it gets pretty brutal for my opponents!
    Rate my UU Sunny Day team for 4th Gen: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=538238

Looking for:

Have: Just about anything else, or I can get it, so PM me if you'd like to trade!

my dismantled deck had Glissa the Traitor as General, and a large amount of artifacts, Darksteel Forge, and Mycosynth Lattice. I rarely used it, and the green left it. I'm thinking of using a black EDH deck revolving around Sheoldred being the General and using a lot of Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni, but I haven't gotten around to doing it yet.

I used to play MtG. Back when I played, I had this fun Golgari deck and an Izzet deck. That was awhile ago, I think.

It's impossible to ever fall away from MTG no matter how much you try. I run a Blue-white control deck. I don't konw much about terminology or anything, but my deck works well and I usually win within my group of friends.
    I am I, and I wish I weren't. -Aldous Huxley

I just swamped someone today with my Grave Titan, there were so many 2/2 Caged Sun boosted Zombies all over the field! It was awesome!

Looking for:

Quote Originally Posted by manifesto View Post
    It's impossible to ever fall away from MTG no matter how much you try.
    I stopped playing when Shards of Alara rotated out of standard and haven't looked back since.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikau View Post
    I stopped playing when Shards of Alara rotated out of standard and haven't looked back since.
    $10 says he comes back at some point during Innistrad Block.

Also, I'm really liking Innistrad's previews so far, but it's just missing one thing: Storm Crow.

When's the official release on that?

Looking for:

September 30 I think. Prereleases are the 24/25.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikau View Post
    You missed the return of Phyrexia then, any player who played since Dominaria would've thought '**** YEAH PHYREXIAAA'

The new Mirrodin block really placed a fresh face of Phyrexia and I loved every inch of it except that Yawgmoth seems to be non-existant in terms of card-presence.
    WHITE FC
    3697-2481-1659

I do like the New Phrexia set, the fact that some cards can be paid for with life instead of mana has come in handy a couple times, especially early on in the game...

Looking for:

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavenot View Post
    You missed the return of Phyrexia then, any player who played since Dominaria would've thought '**** YEAH PHYREXIAAA'

The new Mirrodin block really placed a fresh face of Phyrexia and I loved every inch of it except that Yawgmoth seems to be non-existant in terms of card-presence.
    i never liked phyrexia and that is why i stopped during the new phyrexia

Quote Originally Posted by kris198921 View Post
    i never liked phyrexia and that is why i stopped during the new phyrexia
    I cried a little when you said that, but then again, sorta true, Phyrexia cards doesn't seem to make certain cards aligned to their colour, such as White or Green
    WHITE FC
    3697-2481-1659

I have already checked out the new set and I gotta say, it isn't looking good in my opinion. I don't like the reverse cards they're making they look stupid.

Page 1 of 37 1234511 ... LastLast