Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: A Planeswalker's Guide to SPPf (Magic: the Gathering)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikau View Post
    I have already checked out the new set and I gotta say, it isn't looking good in my opinion. I don't like the reverse cards they're making they look stupid.
    You mean the reverse cards are looking stupid? Or just the whole set in general?
    Rate my UU Sunny Day team for 4th Gen: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=538238

Looking for:

Have: Just about anything else, or I can get it, so PM me if you'd like to trade!

White FC: 0905-8030-8479
    SoulSilver FC: 1764 4644 5057
    HeartGold FC: 3353 6449 0580 (new FC)
    Platinum FC: 2580 5486 7232

I think that the double faced cards are a great idea. Sure, they make draft a little difficult, but who cares? If the card works, I'm not gonna judge its mechanics.
    In Fearful Day, In Raging Night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite. When all seems lost in the War of Light look to the stars--For HOPE BURNS BRIGHT!

I don't care about my pokemon other than their battling potential. If they aren't good at battling, I'm not going to use them. If I have to spend time getting my pokemon to be perfect, so be it. I'll battle your pokemon that are "raised with love" anytime, and you know what? I'll probably win.

I play MTG here and there with a few friends. We don't tend to follow the current sets though, and just use whatever cards we feel like. Can't afford to keep up with the sets being rotated constantly.

I now officially have a deck for all colors. Kinda wish Purple had come to fruition, but oh well.
    In Fearful Day, In Raging Night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite. When all seems lost in the War of Light look to the stars--For HOPE BURNS BRIGHT!

I don't care about my pokemon other than their battling potential. If they aren't good at battling, I'm not going to use them. If I have to spend time getting my pokemon to be perfect, so be it. I'll battle your pokemon that are "raised with love" anytime, and you know what? I'll probably win.

Quote Originally Posted by maelstrom5292 View Post
    You mean the reverse cards are looking stupid? Or just the whole set in general?
    Both, I honestly don't like the new set at all. I will say though, the moment I see "Cascade" on a card in standard again, I'll start playing once more. Untill/if then I'm good.

Both, I honestly don't like the new set at all. I will say though, the moment I see "Cascade" on a card in standard again, I'll start playing once more. Untill/if then I'm good.
    I'll let you know when they decide to introduce more broken mechanics then. Though you probably would have enjoyed the whole Infect thing.

play modern.

also the new set is looking to be really good with the fixed yawgmoth's will and another throwback card. it's as if they're trying to tinker with various power 9 cards to see what exactly makes them broken.

What is Cascade? I haven't been playing that long, I've never heard of that. Is it a play mechanic?
    Rate my UU Sunny Day team for 4th Gen: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=538238

Looking for:

Have: Just about anything else, or I can get it, so PM me if you'd like to trade!

White FC: 0905-8030-8479
    SoulSilver FC: 1764 4644 5057
    HeartGold FC: 3353 6449 0580 (new FC)
    Platinum FC: 2580 5486 7232

cascade lets you reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal a spell with a lower converted mana cost and then play it for free. so naturally bloodbraid elf into blightning is one of the most amazing plays you can do with it, since you get a 3/2 haste beater and then dock them of 3 life and two cards. it's card advantage on steroids.

also innistrad has been fully spoiled and looks sexy.

I'm currently running an EDH BGW Saproling deck with Ghave and I'm currently building an EDH WUB Artifact deck with Sharruum after I bought the From the Vault: Legends pack and an EDH GW Human tribal deck with Captain Sissay (pulling out my Kamigawa box for the first time in a while for that one for some fun Legendaries.) Also RGW Werewolves should get me back into standard.
    If you're looking for a confidence boost in Marvel VS Capcom 3, Halo Reach or TF2, look me up.
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 2794-9939-9096
    I use "uber" Pokemon in allotted tiers, I calculate stat values, I draw the line at cheating devices, I breed my way to perfection, and I care about natures. I breed my Pokemon out of the most ideal parental stock, and treat them like brainless drones made out of bits of data. I believe that thinking of them as anything more is pointless.

Yeah, I'm trying to collect the Planeswalkers at the moment. I currently have Elspeth, Knight-Errant, Gideon Jura, Jace Beleren, Tezzeret the Seeker, Liliana Vess, Chandra Nalaar, Koth of the Hammer, Garruk Wildspeaker, Venser the Sojourner, Sarkhan Vol, Sarkhan the Mad, and the big daddy himself, Nicol goddamn Bolas, Planeswalker.

I still don't have Bolas the Planeswalker. But I do have Bolas Classic, back when he was a creature. White-bordered version, but

Man, Innistrad is looking to be very cool as sets go. At least, to me. I still think a lot of people are butthurt over the focus on vampires tribal and the occasionally Emilie Autumn look of some things.

I'm loving Human Tribal.

So it seems once the Innistrad block is done, the next block will be a return to Ravnica. The focus is going to be enemy colors with major wedge support (including wedge Planeswalkers) with Legendaries in color combinations that have never existed before (I'm assuming 4 color Legendaries with again more wedge support.) While Wizards hasn't officially confirmed this (the official sources have revealed up to Dark Awakening, the second set of Innistrad), this news was confirmed to MtG Salvation via two Wizards of the Coast employees who have been reliable sources in the past.

EDIT: Dark Ascension is the name of the second Innistrad set, sorry.
    Last edited by Gentleman Skeleton; 25th September 2011 at 2:54 AM.
    If you're looking for a confidence boost in Marvel VS Capcom 3, Halo Reach or TF2, look me up.
    I use "uber" Pokemon in allotted tiers, I calculate stat values, I draw the line at cheating devices, I breed my way to perfection, and I care about natures. I breed my Pokemon out of the most ideal parental stock, and treat them like brainless drones made out of bits of data. I believe that thinking of them as anything more is pointless.

So, anyone go to the Innistrad Prerelease? I love the ever-dapper Mayor of Avabruck promo.

not i, but i can pick up my box this friday. really looking forward to it.

I did. It was loads of fun. Pulled a Garruk and a Past In Flames (traded both, getting a Gideon, Baneslayer, and Lotus Petal for the Garruk and some other stuff and a lot of EDH cards for the PIF). The biggest pull for me in the sealed event, though, was Devil's Play. I went WBR with no fixing and it ran pretty solidly. Devil's Play, like Fireball, is a great finisher, and it's powerful as multi-use removal.

Thank Bolas someone created this! I'm looking forward to Innistrad, but lately I've been playing in EDH (My Generals are Doran, Mayael and Kaalia)
    Have a nice day

Black FC: 3911-6974-2268
    -STUNFISK LAUGHS AT YOU!-

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present."

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

Well, thanks in part to the USPS, I managed to get my Innistrad boxes a few days early and after a few playtests with friends, I can tell you several things:

1) Werewolf decks are slower than I'm assuming Wizards intended, but they hit hard and fast once they finally get going. Make sure to run Avacyn's Pilgrims and Stoney Silence in your sideboard as Ratchet Bomb murders werewolves once they transform.
    2) GW Human decks WILL be the deck of choice. Get Champion of the Parish and Mentor of the Meek while you still can! I can tell you that if you get Champion of the Parish in your opening hand, you will be set to trample through everything in your path. Thraben Sentry and Unruly Mob are also surprisingly good.
    3) Garruk Relentless is crazy-go-nuts.
    4) Army of the Damned is also crazy-go-nuts.

I'm thinking of making a deck around Ludevic's Test Subject/Abomination using only proliferate cards (as much as possible). Mostly Red/Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Gentleman Skeleton View Post
    1) Werewolf decks are slower than I'm assuming Wizards intended, but they hit hard and fast once they finally get going. Make sure to run Avacyn's Pilgrims and Stoney Silence in your sideboard as Ratchet Bomb murders werewolves once they transform.
    I really think Werewolf will be very fun to have, but it's pretty easy to bring out two spells to turn them back, so I think that it will really be for early game power thank god we have Moonmist. Might work well with Bloodthirst too.

2) GW Human decks WILL be the deck of choice. Get Champion of the Parish and Mentor of the Meek while you still can! I can tell you that if you get Champion of the Parish in your opening hand, you will be set to trample through everything in your path. Thraben Sentry and Unruly Mob are also surprisingly good.
    I really think you got something there. I think Bonds of Faith, Butcher's Cleaver and Sharpened Pitchfork would be the best assets of a deck like that. I easily put Elspeth in it too.

3) Garruk Relentless is crazy-go-nuts.
    Garruk seems a little frail to me. It'll quickly die without proper protection.

4) Army of the Damned is also crazy-go-nuts.
    It's expensive, but definately worth it once you get the mana.

To me, Zombies is the most fun way to go, things like Endless Ranks of the Dead, Grimoire of the Dead, Undead Alchemist and Rooftop Storm make me drool like a zombie. Plus with those colors you can throw in a Lich Lord of Unx.

I finished my third EDH yesterday, using Animar, Soul of Elements as a commander. Throw in some Eldrazi and you got a win.
    Have a nice day

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present."

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

Used to. Stopped playing when the original Kamigawa series was the most recent thing.
    The Chilli God Has Spoken.

Been getting back into this game just to play for fun with a bunch of my old stuff and whatnot, Innistrad looks kind of cool. Champion of the Parish looks like something I want to pick up for my Weenie deck. W/G Human looks interesting as well overall, I almost want to come back for this set. Another card that stood out to me was Civilized Scholar. I kinda want to pick them up because they look cheap, and it just looks like a hilarious, albeit less than optimal addition to my Blue/Green Madness deck.

EDIT: Oh my word Mentor of the Meek looks so asdjkfefkefd, definitely considering coming back.

i managed to snag five mythics in my box: liliana, angelic overseer, mikaeus, grimgrin and past in flames. i'm pretty happy with the set, and i'm looking forward to drafting it with some friends.

I haven't had the opportunity to get to a tourney, but boy I'm getting a playset of Balefire Dragons. Seriously those things will be amazing to play with (I so imagine equipping them with a Loxodon Warhammer or the Kusari-Gama).

I'm also gonna rebuild my Jund Aggro deck from three years back, should be fun.
    Last edited by D-World; 1st October 2011 at 1:50 PM.
    Have a nice day

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast