Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: A Planeswalker's Guide to SPPf (Magic: the Gathering)

Anybody else play on Cockatrice? Niedude and I have been playing on there for a while now. It's a lot of fun, and cheaper than MTGO.

"You can call yourself whatever you want.
    Soldier. Leader. Patriot. Revolutionary. It doesn't matter.
    At our core we're all the same thing.
    Monsters."

I need to re-download Cockatrice, honestly, because I am now on a new computer... which also means I'll need to rebuild my Cockatrice decks.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Well Niedude and I are on there as...Niedude and Kamotz. Except he's Kamotz and I'm Niedude[/kidding].

Monsters."

I've been playing on it for a few weeks now. I've been meaning to test a few decks out, but recently I haven't had the patience to build them. I'd be willing to play against you guys when I have the time.

My username is duvot. I dunno what it means, but I pronounce it with a silent 't'... as if it were French or something.
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2d164cz.png[/IMG]

pock pock pock

Hello fellow MTG-er-ites-something! Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm DucksGoMooful, and I've been playing MTG for about a year now.

Just saying hi, don't expect anything else in this post.

Join the Nazi Zombies Club V3 today!
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1715-0227
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    Ibanez needs a less retarded naming structure.
    Ibanez RG7862FR87689.55(pi*sqrt(5x+(y^2)-(z/8)))

Hey guys and gals, I'm new to MTG. In fact I just purchased some new packs today ... I'm heading to my local comic book shop tomorrow to buy a deck and do some playing. Any suggestions as far as making a purchase? I'm awfully fond of Dragons...

War's Dark Army - The strongest, baddest, Pokemon around. [Credit: The Awesome *Jean Grey*]

I went to FnM last night and came in last but anyway I was trading around and I got an Avacyn but anyway Thundermaw Hellkite is a really good Dragon Creature but un foil it's a $20 card.

EDIT:
    recently got some money $75, so I'm thinking of getting a Izzet vs. Golgari Duel Deck and a 2013 Deck Builders Toolkit. I wantto get the toolkit because I generally get some good pulls out of the packs (4 of my 5 planeswalkers and most of my mythic rares were from deck builder kits). So I'll post pulls this weekend after I get them.

EDIT 2:
    Got the deckbuilders toolkit a few days early (thank god). Also got a pre-con the Odric 2013 deck. I pulled a non-foil Thragtusk a non-foil Serra's Avatar and a few other good cards.
    Last edited by the3rdH0kage; 14th September 2012 at 3:13 AM.
    THIS IS FOR MY NINTENDO 3DS HANDHELD SYSTEM 2664-2984-6619
    THIS IS FOR MY POKEMON WHITE VIDEO GAME Mike-0218-6703-3716

Geez...last time I was on the forums this thread didn't exist. Shows how long I've been gone...

Anyway, I've been playing casually since around M11. I started playing competitively since M13's release and have placed first or second in all but two tournaments I've participated in since then. God, I love this game!

My decks [link]

I'm rarely on serebiiforums these days, so if anyone wants to talk to me one-on-one about the game (general talk, deck ideas, tutoring, etc.), feel free to contact me either on my Facebook [link] or my MTG Salvation Forums Profile [link].

Anyone have any idea if stores will still be selling From The Vault: Legends? I really want to get it.

Stores only got a limited supply. Most were selling it for very high $$, upwards of $75, and then some.

The place by me sold a few sets to loyal customers like myself for the MSRP $35. I'm very happy.

The same sort of thing is going to happen with stores for Commander's Arsenal in November, except it's an even more limited release, and even more expensive.

Monsters."

Quote Originally Posted by Kamotz View Post
    Stores only got a limited supply. Most were selling it for very high $$, upwards of $75, and then some.

The place by me sold a few sets to loyal customers like myself for the MSRP $35. I'm very happy.

The same sort of thing is going to happen with stores for Commander's Arsenal in November, except it's an even more limited release, and even more expensive.
    So I'm guessing no then :P I have no problem with the price (except that it's ridiculously over-priced...anyway) but it'll be hard to find it.

I actually am not very interested in the Commander's Arsenal. However, they're at least being honest with the MSRP.

It's not THAT overpriced. Many of the cards in 'Realms are worth upwards of $20.

Monsters."

I have a Hellkite Overlord from Dragons. Havent tried to sell it though. But the store I go to sells Realms. at 80 if you have never done FNM and 70 if you have.

Tonight was Lingering Souls Promo night...at least in my mind. I was determined to win that card. No if's, and's, or but's. We ended up with a 12-man draft.

Pack 1
    First Pick: Mutilate
    Second Pick: Vampire Nighthawk
    Don't really remember the rest.

Pack 2
    First Pick: Jace, Memory Adept

Pack 3
    First Pick: Krenko, Mob Boss

I ended up going U/B. With a pair of Wind Drakes, Negates, Nighthawks, Mutilate, Encrust, 2x Mind Sculpts, Jace, Kraken Hatchling, Mark of the Vampire, and some other goodies. Jace was a star. Especially with Mind Sculpts.

Round 1: Against Grixis.
    Game one was won handily by Jace and Mind Sculpts, despite my opponent getting Harbor Bandit and a Nighthawk of her own out.

Game two I lost. I just couldn't get the board stabilized in time, and with Nighthawk and 2 Harbor Bandits, 2 Giant Scorpions...I just couldn't hold on. Unfortunately, I was one draw away from Mind Sculpt, which would have won me the game.

Game three was a draw...on a technicality. It was a Loooong game, and we went to Turns. On turn 5, I milled her out with Jace. But as we end on Turn 5, both of us were still in the game. We agreed to draw.

====

Round 2: Against Monoblue.

He won G1, though I put up a heck of a fight. Can't exactly remember how it went down, though I almost beat him.

Game 2 I just out-raced him and controlled his board. Encrust, Negate, and Rewind along with a Harbor Serpent (sided in just for him). He just couldn't keep up, and I won.

Game 3 I won via Jace again. He ended up milling himself, actually, because of Sphinx of Uthuun.

====

Round 3: Against WB Exalted-ish

I won game 1, Again with Jace and Mind Sculpt. I almost was milled out myself via Sands of Delirium, but that got Encrusted. I Mind Sculpted twice, and Drew a Jace to finish the job.

Game 2: Opening hand was Jace and Lands. I kept it, because why not. T3 I drew a Mind Sculpt. T5 was Jace. In total I milled him for 27. Which on top of 7 initial hand and 5+draws...is 39. He drew his last card, passed the turn. And I passed back.

Final Status: 5-1-2. Ended up with 4 booster packs and a promo Lingering Souls.

Monsters."

Sounds like fun. I was going to go to the draft at my local shop but I went to a friends house instead. But you got some decent pulls.

I just got a new red and white deck from the new set last weekend. I like the human teamwork and the enchantments help a lot in this deck

http://xat.com/VenenoOsicurdad
    come here and well Idk

Was it Avacyn Restored or Core Set.

Avacyn Restored core deck it is good and I like the set itself great cards in it.

come here and well Idk

I've only been to 2 M13 drafts, and both times I've made a W-something deck using Exalted, and both times I've come in 3rd. I like M13.

Also, I got the Lingering Souls promo card but traded it in for a 2011 promo Sheoldred, Whispering One. Good stuff.

Does sound like good stuff I am on the magic online if anybody is interested

come here and well Idk

In any case I'm really looking forward to Return to Ravnica. So much EDH goodness (I'm an EDH player to the core).
    I got the Chaos Reigns Planechase deck for my Animar EDH (mainly so I can get the "Peregrine Drake" + "Deadeye Navigator" combo, and Maelstrom Wanderer too).
    Other notable EDHs i own are Sliver Overlord, Captain Sisay, Phelddagrif and Vish Kal.
    Have a nice day

Black FC: 3911-6974-2268
    -STUNFISK LAUGHS AT YOU!-

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present."

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

i think the best part about rtr is the quantity of value rares. you can open shocks, abrupt decay, dreadbore, vraska, sphinx's thing, rakdos's return (even though imo it's terrible and would much rather play blightning), the uncounterable cycle, cyclonic rift, mizzium mortars, rest in peace, jace, etc. drafting the set looks very promising as well, so overall the set is a home run for me.

I like the set overall, because it seems to have a nice solid set of cards at all rarities. cf. that uncommon 1-drop hybrid cycle. I'm pretty sure all of those are good on some level or another.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Yeah, they really payed their respects to Ravnica. I absolutely love the new Rakdos. Even out of EDH, a 6/6 Flying Trample with no drawbacks for BBRR is a really powerful beater, though I'd pick Wayfaring Temple + Armada Wurm any day.
    Have a nice day

Black FC: 3911-6974-2268
    -STUNFISK LAUGHS AT YOU!-

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present."

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

Yeah I can't wait for RTR. But anyway I'm about to trade to get a Sorin, Lord of Innistrad.

Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast