Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: A Planeswalker's Guide to SPPf (Magic: the Gathering)

Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    I like the set overall, because it seems to have a nice solid set of cards at all rarities. cf. that uncommon 1-drop hybrid cycle. I'm pretty sure all of those are good on some level or another.
    yeah i think the rakdos, azorius, selesnya and maybe golgari 1-drops are finding a place in my cube. there are heaps of cards for cube in the set too, like ultimate price, the 3 life centaur, the 3/1 detain flier, and plenty of other stuff. really looking forward to it. my only nitpick is i'd prefer vraska on my fat pack box than that ****er jace. :x

I'd love a poster of Nivmagus Elemental, really cool art and a really fun card (definitely feels like Izzet)
    Have a nice day

Black FC: 3911-6974-2268
    -STUNFISK LAUGHS AT YOU!-

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present."

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

I will be posting a deck probably later on today or tomorrow sometime.
    THIS IS FOR MY NINTENDO 3DS HANDHELD SYSTEM 2664-2984-6619
    THIS IS FOR MY POKEMON WHITE VIDEO GAME Mike-0218-6703-3716

so cards that will have a shot at slotting into my cube from rtr (underlined are biggest maybes): auger spree, axebane guardian (might try to make a defender theme in it too because it's the best), azorius arrester, azorius guildgate (and the rest of the cycle), centaur healer, chemister's trick, courser's accord, dead reveler, doorkeeper (dependent on defender tribal), dramatic rescue, electrickery, gatecreeper vine, goblin electromancer, gore-house chainwalker, grisly salvage, inaction injunction, rakdos shred-freak, splatter thug, stab wound, sundering growth, swift justice (one of the best combat tricks i've ever seen but still), transguild promenade, azorius charm, azorius justiciar, azorius keyrune (and the rest of the cycle), blistercoil weird, bloodfray giant, brushstrider, call of the conclave, dreg mangler, dryad militant, faerie imposter, fencing ace, golgari charm, guttersnipe, hellhole flailer, hover barrier (dependent on defender tribal), izzet charm, judge's familiar, korozda guildmage, lyev skyknight, new prahv guildmage, phantom general, rakdos cackler, rakdos ragemutt, rix maadi guildmage, rogue's passage, savage surge, selesnya charm, skymark roc, slime molding, slitherhead, slum reaper, street spasm, thrill-kill assassin, treasured find, ultimate price, vitu-ghazi guildmage.

so basically, should be a great limited format.
    Last edited by palingensia; 28th September 2012 at 3:27 AM.

What about Vreska, the Seeker and did anybody go to the RTR pre-release. I was going to I had to go to my high-schools football game (marching band).

I did a lot of prerelease play. The place by me did a Sat midnight, a 2pm Saturday, and a 6pm Saturday Regular/2HG. I did all three as Selesnya, Rakdos, and Azorius. It was a lot of fun. Rakdos and Azorius are the best, hands down. Rakdos was just...insanely fun. Azorius is too, if you're a good control player.

Pulled some good $ cards (Armada Wurm, Mizzium Mortars, Desecration Demon, Dreadbore, Detention Sphere, Isperia, Loxodon Smiter, Deathrite Shaman, Nivmagus Elemental, Chromatic Lantern, Vraska, 2x Lotleth Troll, Hallowed Fountain, Steam Vents, Overgrown Tomb, Abrupt Decay). And ended up doing a lot of trading, for a Jace and a Vraska (which was before I opened mine).

Definitely the best and coolest prerelease I ever went to. Can't wait for the rest of my RtR stuff to come in. This is such a great set.

"You can call yourself whatever you want.
    Soldier. Leader. Patriot. Revolutionary. It doesn't matter.
    At our core we're all the same thing.
    Monsters."

I was sad when I was told my guild (Boros) wasn't going to be in the 1st set. and I plan on going to the next sets prerelease.

Thinking of building a Legacy deck. Don't know what to build around though. Any ideas?
    Last edited by the3rdH0kage; 30th September 2012 at 9:04 PM.

yeah this format is really fun. i went azorius since golgari was hot property, and i kinda wanted to play with detain anyway. managed to go 3-1 dropping the last round, and only really pulled mizzium mortars when it comes to sweet rares. a few cards for the cube is good enough for me though.

One question, cube???????

cube is a fixed set of cards designed for drafting, which you assemble yourself. mine is a commons/uncommons only cube.

I've only played in two cubes before. I wonder if there's some way to run one via Cockatrice or something.

I went to one prerelease event. Chose Golgari, pulled non-Golgari rares except 2x Jarad's Orders for some reason. (Everyone who was there that I talked to pulled the rare they got in their guild pack in a "normal" pack in their pool.) I did, however, pull a Jace and a Dreadbore. There was no way I wasn't running Dreadbore, of course, so thankfully I pulled two Gatecreepers and a Rakdos Guildgate to actually enable that. Went 2-2 despite meh pulls. Pretty fun format nonetheless.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

although bombs are more relevant in sealed than draft you can still do well without them. i know i went reasonably well at the dark ascension prerelease, opened utter crap (best rare was sever the bloodline by a mile, next best was ****ing increasing ambition i mean jesus) but i had a great w/b tempo build.

as for cubing on cockatrice, i'll have to look into that. sadly my cube doesn't get a lot of attention and is incomplete, but being able to use it online would be good for potential changes and other junk. there is always cube sealed i suppose?

I play MTG. I'm kinda new at it, but it's fun.

I was introduced to MTG in mid-July. I've been pretty fond of my cards, and my first and only played deck consists of Black and White creatures/spells.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

Wow Falcario plays MTG. Colloid.

Quote Originally Posted by the3rdH0kage View Post
    Wow Falcario plays MTG. Colloid.
    *Bro fist*. Using an exalted deck. May try going with a Green deck, since I do have a Forest and Saproling Card anyway.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

What are you guys' favorite deck?

Name: Vice
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Click please~

Legacy-Mono-Green Elves
    Standard-R/W Humans/Angels
    Commander-5 color Slivers.

Funny you should mention this thread, I've been playing Magic: The Gathering since Onslaught back in 2002 which was back when I was still playing Yu-Gi-Oh! at the time of it's peak when it was still a good TCG. Because of the stagnant economy my locals for Magic isn't what it used to be, also the fact that MMORPG's are taking away alot of Magic's playerbase especially World of Warcraft doesn't help either. What's even worse is that some people are wanting Nintendo to start doing an official MMORPG for Pokemon but it would kill the video game franchise along with the TCG.

First decks I played in Magic? First it was Mono Red Goblins and B/U Psychatog then I built other decks that were way more fun. I did pretty well in group games playing U/W Storm Herd and Turboland Combo and this was way before EDH/Commander was invented before the game's power creep got too out of hand. Alot of times I would dominate with Mono Green Elves but eventually I got tired of playing them cause it was too annoying and broken. I'm almost undefeated with my current Casual deck U/R Splinter Twin Exarch Combo with my only losses being against W/R Snowglobe and Slivers.

I have currently 2 EDH/Commander decks, one of which revolves around a really broken combo that goes off on Turn 5 or 6 with Arcum Dagsson as my General. The other isn't nearly as broken with Uril, the Miststalker but it's a one trick pony that can beat face in multiplayer almost constantly with a couple of combo cards. Sad part is aside from a few friends of mine not very many people at my card store play EDH as much anymore cause it's become almost as expensive of a format as Legacy is and with the change in store hours, high gas prices, and low amount of tables, it makes it hard for the friends that I had that used to come up and play, plus the crappy economy of course. -___-
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code for Pokemon X Version: 3196 - 3039 - 5914

I just built some no-rare EDHs with Riku and Kresh as commanders for my friends who want to learn MTG. I'm wondering whether they'd make nice gifts

My LGS is very into EDH, and RTR is all the rage (we're even doing the RTR league, which is really fun, I love sealed).
    Have a nice day

Black FC: 3911-6974-2268
    -STUNFISK LAUGHS AT YOU!-

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present."

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

I'm going to try to join my local shops RTR League next time I can get to it. (High school is a pain).

I wish any shops in a semi-local area did league stuff. Then again, the closest shop to me is 45 minutes away. I'm currently building a Niv-Mizzet EDH -- which a lot of people do, yes.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Figured I would go out of my comfort zone. So I made a Blue/Green deck. I plan to test tomorrow against a friend from school.

Next time I go to a comic book store, I'm getting a bunch of Rakdos cards and making a Rakdos/Dragon deck. I got Utvara Hellkite and I'm raring to make a Dragon deck, but unfortunately don't have enough of them so Rakdos will have to do.

Join the Nazi Zombies Club V3 today!
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1715-0227
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    Ibanez needs a less retarded naming structure.
    Ibanez RG7862FR87689.55(pi*sqrt(5x+(y^2)-(z/8)))

For a Standard dragon deck, I think it's best to go Red/Blue. It'll give you access to Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius and Hypersonic Dragon. As well as a bunch of Blue spells that can help keep the board under your control and cleared of threats.

I've been thinking of doing the same thing. With stuff like Balefire Dragon,Moonveil Dragon, Utvara Hellkite, and Niv-Mizzet at the top end. The middle with Archwing Dragon, Furnace Whelp, Thundermaw Hellkite and Hypersonic Dragon, and the early game with Dragon Hatchling and MAYBE Slumbering Dragon.

It wouldn't be a very serious deck, but it'd be a lot of fun for some casual, non-competitive games.

"You can call yourself whatever you want.
    Soldier. Leader. Patriot. Revolutionary. It doesn't matter.
    At our core we're all the same thing.
    Monsters."

Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast