Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: A Planeswalker's Guide to SPPf (Magic: the Gathering)

I'm only getting it for some of the Rares............... Thragtusk!!!! I have a friend lending me a Thragtusk so theres 1, then the event deck makes 2.
    THIS IS FOR MY NINTENDO 3DS HANDHELD SYSTEM 2664-2984-6619
    THIS IS FOR MY POKEMON WHITE VIDEO GAME Mike-0218-6703-3716

the boros one looks like it actually contains a fair bit of value.

The Thragrusk in the Simic one is $25. But anyway made a new deck. Nay midrange-ish. I'll make a thread and post the link to MTGmint

what is their rrp anyway? us$30?

No Thragtusk, is $25. Or are you talking about Event Decks. They are $25 at the shop I go to.

You can get crappy Event decks at almost half price soon after release, though. I remember the UR Flashback Event deck was at like 13 bucks a week after release on some sites (I remember looking into it because I bought the Sturmgeist Intro pack and wanted to expand on it)

But lately, at least ONE event deck flops, or is bizarre. The M13 Red event deck had ONE M13 card: the phoenix. Everything else was from the Innistrad block.

Quote Originally Posted by the3rdH0kage View Post
    No Thragtusk, is $25. Or are you talking about Event Decks. They are $25 at the shop I go to.
    Thragtusk is WAY down now. Probably around $17 mid price.

"You can call yourself whatever you want.
    Soldier. Leader. Patriot. Revolutionary. It doesn't matter.
    At our core we're all the same thing.
    Monsters."

Dang, well anyway I have a few that I am getting. Then Thrag is in the Simic deck. So I should be good. Anyway I posted a deck plz rate.

I think I'm gonna build Junk tokens for standard. Should I run either Beckon Apparition or Vile Rebirth? If so, main deck? Sideboard?

(e: leaning hard Beckon because I forgot Vile Rebirth only exiles creatures)
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

beckon apparition is one of my favourite cards so i'd go with that. also exiling anything is very relevant, along with making an evasive token. i'd probably only have it sb though.

It's Sideboard material against decks that utilize Graveyard shenanigans. Stuff like Reanimator (or the new, 4/5-color Humanimator) or UW Flash variants (incuding UWR and possibly UWG). Otherwise it might just be a dead card...or a card that just comes down and chump blocks. The big part isn't the evasive Token, it's the ability to get rid of something in their graveyard.

Monsters."

evasive token would matter if you have intangible virtue or something down.

Alright now, if I were to make a Borborygmos Enraged EDH deck, what cards should I run if I wanted to have 99 lands? Are there any non-land cards I should have? I want to limit the amount I have, but I'd also like to make the deck better.

Join the Nazi Zombies Club V3 today!
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1715-0227
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    Ibanez needs a less retarded naming structure.
    Ibanez RG7862FR87689.55(pi*sqrt(5x+(y^2)-(z/8)))

Mountains, Forests, Kessig Wolf Run, Stomping Grounds, Gruul Turf, Gruul Guildgate, Rootbound Crag, Shivian Oasis, Dryad Arbor would be a cool one if you could get it.

waiting 8 turns to cast a guy that dies to removal while doing nothing else for those turns is a pretty bad strategy not gunna lie, you'll be dead before you cast him. you'll need stuff like your basic ramp spells (cultivate, kodama's reach, boundless realms, farseek, rampant growth, search for tomorrow, khalni heart expedition, etc), and then you'll need lightning greaves and maybe darksteel plate. then you'll also need stuff to shuffle back lands, since playing it in multiplayer will mean you will pretty much never kill multiple people.

Crucible of Worlds would be nice...Life from the Loam too...

But from what I hear, Borby EDH is basically 97 Lands, 2 other spells, and Borby.

Monsters."

Well I built one with Borborygmos Enraged and Borborygmos (the original) as well as a bunch of other lands (98), and actually won a 4-player game on Cockatrice. Mostly because no one targeted me, but still.

Join the Nazi Zombies Club V3 today!
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1715-0227
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    Ibanez needs a less retarded naming structure.
    Ibanez RG7862FR87689.55(pi*sqrt(5x+(y^2)-(z/8)))

So, I've decided what my fourth deck will be. Its a Standard Rat Deck based around Pack Rat/Ogre Slumlord. I've got my basic Decklist sorted, and none of it is that expensive price wise (the most expensive card is Immortal Servitude). I also have 4 of Every other Rat in Standard, bar Ravenous. This is also my first Non-Green deck that I will make myself. This. Will. Be. Epic.
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile/My lil' Cable Club Post/PASBL
    C+ Grade Ref

Hey you!
    Do you like battling? Do you like Anime battles? Want to try it yourself? Well, why not
    Get started in the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    Any questions about PASBL? Well, ask them here!

So I was at my local shop yesterday playing 4 man Planechase. 1st plane was where had us reveal top card of the deck until a creature came up, then we cast said creature for free. Arbor Elf came up for me, and my opening hand was 1 Plain, 2 Mountain, 1 Forest, Aurelia, the Warleader, 1 Avacyn's Pilgrim, and 1 Wildwood Rebirth. So I dropped the forest and cast Pilgrim, 2nd turn I drew Healrd of War and played a Plains. 3rd turn into a Burning Tree Emissary, then Herald of War. That was probably the best opening turns this deck has had. I ended up with Chandra on the feild then Aurelia. I came in 2nd though.

Quote Originally Posted by the3rdH0kage View Post
    So I was at my local shop yesterday playing 4 man Planechase. 1st plane was where had us reveal top card of the deck until a creature came up, then we cast said creature for free. Arbor Elf came up for me, and my opening hand was 1 Plain, 2 Mountain, 1 Forest, Aurelia, the Warleader, 1 Avacyn's Pilgrim, and 1 Wildwood Rebirth. So I dropped the forest and cast Pilgrim, 2nd turn I drew Healrd of War and played a Plains. 3rd turn into a Burning Tree Emissary, then Herald of War. That was probably the best opening turns this deck has had. I ended up with Chandra on the feild then Aurelia. I came in 2nd though.
    ^That Plane/Warpworld Phenomina + My Primal Surge deck = Shenanigans.
    Seriously, 9x out of 10 One of my Worldspires Show up. The hilarity is high.

But! I have my own funny Planechase game moment from last Week Saturday. 5 Man Planechase, On a plane where chaos lets you target a creature and give everyone else a token of that creature. My friend was playing a W/G Token deck, and got two Parallel Lives down. I roll chaos, Copy a Huntmaster, He gains 4 Huntmasters, 8 Life and 16 Wolfs. Pass turn, And the Player next to me (with the original Huntmaster) rolls chaos too. This is where me, the spirit deck player and the Myr Deck player all start crying, because He chooses Myr Battlesphere. Now for some maths. 4x Battlesphere giving you 4x4 Myr each. He sat there with 64 myrs ready and waiting. Needless to say, after frugal rolling in hopes of hitting "everything dies" plane, at the beginning of his turn, we all simultaneously scooped. It was pretty funny, needless to say.
    Aah planechase. I love thee so much I have loads of stories about you...
    Edit: OOH, I remember one more. 8 Man Planechase on Kharasha Foothills.. A girl in my playgroup attacks with Guttersnipe, we all take two, she has 8 Guttersnipe on the field. She then casts Think Twice x2. Guttersnipe deals 2 Damage to every opponent when an Instant/Sorcery is played. That is all that is needed to be said.
    Last edited by swampertforever; 10th February 2013 at 9:16 PM.
    C+ Grade Ref

Hey you!
    Do you like battling? Do you like Anime battles? Want to try it yourself? Well, why not

I'm seriously considering putting in Primal Suge and Worldspine Wurm into my EDH. I have ways I can kill it and bring it back spamming tokens, I do it with Captain of the Watch.

Except Worldspine doesn't ever really go into the Graveyard. It hits the 'yard and immediately gets shuffled back into your deck. So the ability reanimate it to spam tokens won't work, and flickering it won't work either because it has to hit the graveyard in order to get the tokens.

Monsters."

What if, while the shuffling ability was on the stack, you were to target it with something that reanimates it? OR what if it had undying? Would Worldy come back?
    C+ Grade Ref

Hey you!

you'd have to give it Undying Evil, or Mikaeus the Unhallowed. Or you'd have to reanimate it at Instant speed (most reanimation spells are Sorecery-Speed).

Monsters."

Oh god Mikaeus + Worldspine.
    a 16/16 Trampler that splits into 3 6/6 Tramplers and comes back as a 17/17 Tramper.
    If you had a way to remove that +1/+1 Counter, this would be the most terrifying thing to face ever.
    To the Simic Cards!

EDIT!
    Bioshift. Instant Speed counter move go!
    OR
    Zameck Guildmage. Even though its G/U/B, The card advantage + A Wurm that keeps on giving is a fun little thing for Christmas.
    Last edited by swampertforever; 10th February 2013 at 10:12 PM.
    C+ Grade Ref

Hey you!

Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast