Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: A Planeswalker's Guide to SPPf (Magic: the Gathering)

I think there really isn't much hope for it, not without e.g. Amulet of Vigor and/or Summer Bloom/Crop Rotation effects. Even then, I can think of way better things to do with Amulet of Vigor, Summer Bloom, and Crop Rotation. Like turn 2 Phage.

In fact, they should just reprint Crop Rotation anyway.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

So I just sent he owner of the shop I go to a trade offer for the 2 event decks. So my deck might be getting a major overhaul.
    THIS IS FOR MY NINTENDO 3DS HANDHELD SYSTEM 2664-2984-6619
    THIS IS FOR MY POKEMON WHITE VIDEO GAME Mike-0218-6703-3716

I tried my hand at making custom cards based on the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, what do you guys think?

Spoiler:- Cards:

I'm not very good at picking P/T and cost, but I think they seem somewhat reasonable. Maybe drop one of the coloured mana and put 1 or 2 colourless, I don't know. Feedback's appreciated I guess

Join the Nazi Zombies Club V3 today!
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1715-0227
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    Ibanez needs a less retarded naming structure.
    Ibanez RG7862FR87689.55(pi*sqrt(5x+(y^2)-(z/8)))

Those cards are undercosted as hell. Add 3, minimum, cost to each of those and then they'd get anywhere close to reasonable.

Seriously, those creatures make Snapcaster Mage look reasonable and fair.

So I was told about this thread by Rey. I really don't know what I should talk about since I really don't have all that many cards, but I do have some better cards than a few people and have some halfway decent decks...

Latest Shiny: Gible (MMing on Y - After 1637 Eggs!)

Quote Originally Posted by niedude View Post
    Those cards are undercosted as hell. Add 3, minimum, cost to each of those and then they'd get anywhere close to reasonable.

Seriously, those creatures make Snapcaster Mage look reasonable and fair.
    Well, I told you I had no idea about costing :P

Quote Originally Posted by rovert View Post
    So I was told about this thread by Rey. I really don't know what I should talk about since I really don't have all that many cards, but I do have some better cards than a few people and have some halfway decent decks...
    Just talk about experiences, say what decks or formats you play, favourite cards...pretty much anything you want. Welcome to the thread.

Let me try my take on these.

Conquest - WWWWW
    Legendary Creature - Horseman (M)

First strike, lifelink, vigilance
    When Conquest declares an attack, other white soldier and knight creatures you control gain vigilance, first strike, or lifelink until the end of the battle phase.
    4/4

Death - BBBB

Deathtouch
    Whenever a nontoken creature an opponent controls dies, its controller loses 3 life.
    3/4

War - RRRR

Double strike
    All creatures have haste and attack each turn if able.
    5/3
    (This is the only one that is unchanged, because it gives haste your opponent and makes all your own creatures attack each turn. It would be a very risky card to run)

Famine - GGGGG

Infect
    At the beginning of each upkeep, put a poison counter on target player with a poison counter.
    4/4

Quote Originally Posted by niedude View Post
    Let me try my take on these.

Conquest - WWWWW

First strike, lifelink, vigilance
    When Conquest declares an attack, other white soldier and knight creatures you control gain vigilance, first strike, or lifelink until the end of the battle phase.
    4/4

Death - BBBB

Deathtouch
    Whenever a nontoken creature an opponent controls dies, its controller loses 3 life.
    3/4

War - RRRR

Double strike
    All creatures have haste and attack each turn if able.
    5/3
    (This is the only one that is unchanged, because it gives haste your opponent and makes all your own creatures attack each turn. It would be a very risky card to run)

Famine - GGGGG

Infect
    At the beginning of each upkeep, put a poison counter on target player with a poison counter.
    4/4
    Yeah, that seems pretty good. I still think Death should be a 4/4. He just feels like a 4/4 to me, although I like the ability you've given him. Famine makes sense to me as well, but I feel like it's not Famine-y enough. I could definitely be wrong though :P
    Conquest should be changed to "Whenever Conquest attacks".

The wording might be a little bit iffy, since lately I've been doing more Vanguard cards than MTG ones and the wording in each is a bit different

So as of right now, my favorite strategies for decks I have are plain old green/white life gain with the deck focusing around Rune Tail's Essence, an enchantment that comes from flipping Rune-Tail, Kitsune Ascendant. It is a 2/2 white creature that costs 2W to play and has when you have 30 or more life, flip it. Once flipped, the enchantment says prevent all damage dealt to creatures you control. Now, this deck is mostly based on this one card, but there is another 'infinite' strategy consisting of Jotun Grunt and Piper's Melody. Piper's Melody is a sorcery that allows me to shuffle any number of creatures in my graveyard into my library. Jotun Grunt has cumulative upkeep: put two cards in a single graveyard on the bottom of their owner's library.

The other really nice deck is a black deck which is based off an idea from a friend's old premade deck... make a crapload of creatures (in this case from cards and breeding pit) and sacrifice them to gain life/deal damage as well as deal plain old damage. The deck has one of my all-time favorite cards Hand of Praetors, a black creature with infect that has the ability to give target player a poison counter whenever another creature with infect comes into play, as well as boosts all creatures with infect by +1/+1.

So I got to thinking about Dragon's Maze. What guilds do you think will be represented in the 5 intro decks, ddo you think they will breeak the pattern of 5 intro deck and have all 10 guilds or just not have any intro decks. Then about event decks what guilds will be represented in them. and which one will be the flop (like the Simic deck cough cough). I'm feeling Izzet, and Selesnya for some reason. A friend of mine is wanting Dimir and Gruul.

Here's my take on the Horsemen:

Spoiler:- Horsemen:

Quote Originally Posted by the3rdH0kage View Post
    So I got to thinking about Dragon's Maze. What guilds do you think will be represented in the 5 intro decks, ddo you think they will breeak the pattern of 5 intro deck and have all 10 guilds or just not have any intro decks. Then about event decks what guilds will be represented in them. and which one will be the flop (like the Simic deck cough cough). I'm feeling Izzet, and Selesnya for some reason. A friend of mine is wanting Dimir and Gruul.
    I think they'll likely follow the Alara-block model, where the 3rd set's intro decks were only 2-color decks (as opposed to the 3-color decks from the last two sets. The intro decks will probably be 3-color combinations while. The Event Decks...who can say. But I think it's a mistake to automatically assume that they'll keep to the same one-guild, two-guild models.

Finally, the decklists for Sorin vs. Tibalt are out. Some interesting stuff, I guess.

"You can call yourself whatever you want.
    Soldier. Leader. Patriot. Revolutionary. It doesn't matter.
    At our core we're all the same thing.
    Monsters."

Quote Originally Posted by Kamotz View Post
    Here's my take on the Horsemen:

Spoiler:- Horsemen:
    I see you used those images as well. Those are the images I used for my cards in the file, except I used a different one for Death.
    I like your takes on them, especially that you gave them the hybrid mana. Conquest especially. War is cool too. Death's pretty good, but for some reason (and I'm not sure why, because everything looks awesome) I still don't think Famine is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamotz View Post
    I think they'll likely follow the Alara-block model, where the 3rd set's intro decks were only 2-color decks (as opposed to the 3-color decks from the last two sets. The intro decks will probably be 3-color combinations while. The Event Decks...who can say. But I think it's a mistake to automatically assume that they'll keep to the same one-guild, two-guild models.

Finally, the decklists for Sorin vs. Tibalt are out. Some interesting stuff, I guess.
    I really want Browbeat, Blazing Salvo and Breaking Point (because they're awesome), and maybe Tainted Field (and of course the planeswalkers), but the rest of the cards aren't that enticing for me.

I could always use a 3rd Hellrider.

So I've discovered a random MTG card generator, but all of the generated cards are so ridiculously funny. Here are some good ones:
    Creature - Vedalken Rogue (1/1, blue)
    All enchantments are enchantments in addition to their other types
    Whenever a artifact enters the battlefield, target land is blue until end of turn
    --Her actor embiggens even the most stalwart spot
    – Screcloa Tieth, Prophet of the Mountain
    Converted mana cost: 1

Land
    Tap an untapped library you control, T: add three mana of any one colour to your mana pool
    T: add 1 to your mana pool

Enchantment (green)
    Whenever a spell is countered, you may pay 3. If you don't, ~this~ is black until end of turn
    Converted mana cost: 2

Enchantment (black)
    Pay 6 life: put a 1/1 white Spirit creature token onto the battlefield
    1BBBBBBB: put a 1/1 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield
    Sacrifice two Zombies: draw a card
    B, sacrifice any number of Zombies: you lose that much life
    Tap an untapped Bird you control, Pay 3 life: target player may return two creature cards from his or her graveyard to hand
    --His magic made of iron defends more than the fastest kite could
    – Traditional
    Converted mana cost: 1

Just stuff like that.

Sounds a little weird.

I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to give me some advice as to what to fix with some of my decks. I only have one deck sorted out right now, and the others need to be brought back together since I moved some of the cards around trying to organize my whole collection...

Spoiler:- The Deck:

Go to tappedout.net and make te decklist there, that way it's easier for us to actually se the cards.

Im just now starting to get into Magic. i had never heard of it until i had moved up north and saw some buds of mine play it in our anime club. So far it seems interesting and im thinking about going with an all-black deck =P i wanted to do slifer/slivers (however the fudge you spell it xD) but my friend told me that most tournaments banned them. Is this true or was he being a douche :/ i mean they're really powerful O.o

Cred to Astral Shadow for banner
    ASB TL 1, 12 TP
    Play MLG Smash Bros? Contact me @Tythaeus to schedule a match. :]

A lot depends on the format you're playing. Different formats call for different cards. Standard is one of the more popular formats and only allows cards released in the last ~2 years (it updates with each new set release). So in Standard, you wouldn't be able to play Slivers (since none were released in the last 2 years of sets). Though You can play Slivers in Pauper, Vintage, and Legacy.

Here is a link to a page detailing the formats (you have to click to view the details for each format). And there's also EDH/Commander, which is a lot of fun.

"You can call yourself whatever you want.
    Soldier. Leader. Patriot. Revolutionary. It doesn't matter.
    At our core we're all the same thing.
    Monsters."

Following on with what Kamotz said, yes Slivers can be insanly powerful (and expensive ). You really can't run a mono-colored Sliver deck. Most people that do run Slivers do 5 colors so you can have a diverse feild that spams a bunch of little 1/1 Slivers with like 20 different abilities.

I run a angel deck with herald the angel of war as my start off but I need other small white creatures to help get it going before I get enough mana to summon my angels

http://xat.com/VenenoOsicurdad
    come here and well Idk

angelic wall fits the theme nicely, and wall of omens is just an all-round great card (unless you're going for standard).

I am doing standard with angels from that new angel pack that came out a while ago

http://xat.com/VenenoOsicurdad
    come here and well Idk

You run mono-white or is it 2 colors. If I would do Angels Red/White for the Battalion support and a bunch of hugh creatures like Gisela, Avacyn, Aurelia, Firemane Avenger, and things like that. and I'm guessing your reffering to the set Avacyn Restored.

Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast