Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637 LastLast

Thread: A Planeswalker's Guide to SPPf (Magic: the Gathering)

Apparently New Benalia was just such a good card that better versions thereof must be rare!

Ashiok is interesting. But I don't expect him to be all that valuable.

edit: also this thing. A significantly more playable Utopia Tree? Just give me my goddamn birds.
    Last edited by The Admiral; 6th September 2013 at 5:54 PM.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Yeah...the dual scry lands are quite disappointing.

As for Ashirok...he's a UB(x) control Sideboard card for the control mirror...at the very best.

"You can call yourself whatever you want.
    Soldier. Leader. Patriot. Revolutionary. It doesn't matter.
    At our core we're all the same thing.
    Monsters."

I don't even know about that, but I suppose it's possible.

I didn't say he was good or really even usable... just interesting. Kind of want to try running him in my old Circu EDH if I rebuild that.

The usual links

I think you guys are underestimating the scrylands. I for one love them simply for their awesome, awesome, awesome art. Seriously, look at that ****ing art.

And I wouldn't tell you how many times being able to skip past one particlar draw for another would have saved me during early game.

Well...there's a reason no one pays the guildgates except in Block. Scrygates will just be too slow for a lot of decks. With the addition of things like Burning Earth and the faster, more aggressive 2-color decks, nonbasics that come in tapped and slow you down will be a hindrance to a lot of decks. Imagine not being able to hit your turn-4 supreme verdict against monored? or Gruul Aggro? Backbreaking.

Monsters."

If I wanted lands that were only good T1, I'd hope for the SOM duals again. Those were at least also good T2.

The usual links

So how was everyones MTGcelebration. My shop did 2 free M14 drafts, and a pack wars style things with the 30 card starter decks and a pack.
    THIS IS FOR MY NINTENDO 3DS HANDHELD SYSTEM 2664-2984-6619
    THIS IS FOR MY POKEMON WHITE VIDEO GAME Mike-0218-6703-3716

Ashen Rider...damn!

And Hero's Downfall. Instant speed kill your creature/planeswalker. Sounds solid.

Monsters."

Quote Originally Posted by the3rdH0kage View Post
    So how was everyones MTGcelebration. My shop did 2 free M14 drafts, and a pack wars style things with the 30 card starter decks and a pack.
    I completely forgot this was a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamotz View Post
    Ashen Rider...damn!

And Hero's Downfall. Instant speed kill your creature/planeswalker. Sounds solid.
    Both very nice. Maybe I'll be building an EDH based around Conjuror's Closet and similar abilities for the former.

Boon Satyr seems pretty okay. That Gorgon seems like it could be pretty good, but it's 8 for its one-shot wrath -- that's kind of justifiable, though. Spear of Heliod is better than Glorious Anthem, which is good too. Maybe it'll be more playable than Path of Bravery? It not being variable is okay, at least.

The usual links

Conjurer's closet only half works with Ashen Rider though, as she exiles when she "dies" not when she leaves the field.

Quote Originally Posted by niedude View Post
    Conjurer's closet only half works with Ashen Rider though, as she exiles when she "dies" not when she leaves the field.
    Still, that eats one permanent per rotation (from her return). Add Copy Artifact (I'm thinking Esper for this deck), Nephalia Smuggler, Scepter + Cloudshift, and you can get more mileage

The usual links

I'll probable end up running 2 Ashen Rider. I'm running R/W/B Midrange, so she fits in at the top of the curve as a 2 of. I hate that Undying is leaving us, I could have some fun with Flicker effects and Undying.

Dissolve seems pretty nice. I could see it being run.

I find it kind of interesting how Wizards keeps printing various 3-cost counters which have a small bonus, but not a two-cost counterspell (even akin to Deprive).

The usual links

Nessian Courser is the Future Sight card. I'm so happy I have like 3 sets of the pretty full art version. I haven't looked at the rest of todays spoiler I got too excited because of Nessian Courser

I don't no a lot about magic but I do play it my deck is the Azoria advance I love to detain the **** out of people
    My FEA Family:

Quote Originally Posted by The Admiral View Post
    If I wanted lands that were only good T1, I'd hope for the SOM duals again. Those were at least also good T2.
    The Scrylands are a tad bland, but the fact that you have Draw manipulation is crazy. I'm going to try and get a set or 2 of all 10 when there out.

and Azorious is a fun guild to play and Detain is one of those mechanics that can piss people off. But anyway they reveled the rest of Theros and its looking like an awesome set. I'm probably going Black at prerelease this week.

The draw manipulation is none too shabby. But isn't game breaking. In a control deck it'll seem a bit better because it'll be able to go through the deck better anyway. In other decks it might trick you into keeping riskier hands than would be advisable. Not sure how that'll end up playing out.

Black is looking solid. I also like red because its removal and burn is all at lower rarities.

Monsters."

So how was everybodys prerelease(s). I went to the midnight one to pick up a pack and pulled a Xenagos, and Nylea. Sold those and paid for another prerelase today, and got Erebos, and Ashen Rider. So pretty good I should say. But no Magma Jet

I had probably the unluckiest string of games I've ever had, and the most valuable thing I pulled was a Temple of Deceit. Then I bought three packs of Modern Masters and traded in all of my valuable cards from those for some gold-bordered EDH things, because that's about the only format I build for very much.

I could probably have just as well not gone and kept the about $60 I spent, but I guess I did manage to get hold of a Maze of Ith.

The usual links

You can still get packs of Modern Masters. All 4 of the local shops in my area ran out like a month ago. I'd love to get a few more packs though.

So with the release of Theros upcoming, is anyone interested in trying to revive the Serebii MTG League for "FNM"?

Monsters."

Quote Originally Posted by the3rdH0kage View Post
    You can still get packs of Modern Masters. All 4 of the local shops in my area ran out like a month ago. I'd love to get a few more packs though.
    Yeah, but they were still $13 where I was, which may have been artificial inflation pushed by WOTC because apparently the secondary market matters more than format health.

Mind you, the store does **** like this all the time. When Elspeth v. Tezzeret came out, they charged $35 for ONE of them. So it probably wouldn't have mattered if they'd had a $4 list price.

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Kamotz View Post
    So with the release of Theros upcoming, is anyone interested in trying to revive the Serebii MTG League for "FNM"?
    Not really :S Theros is my least favorite Modern set since Ice Age.

Quote Originally Posted by niedude View Post
    Not really :S Theros is my least favorite Modern set since Ice Age.
    You must mean Coldsnap.

And why? I've had a blast playing it. The cards are actually quite well balanced after the insane power jump that was Innistrad. There's something for just about every deck archetype. And it's full of juicy flavor that's resonant of Greek mythology while also being distinctly MTG.

Monsters."

Yeah, I just want to implode with all of the epic flavour wins in Theros, like Chained to the Rocks, Akroan Horse, Titan of Eternal Fire, the gorgons/hydras/heroes/gods/etc etc. It's super awesome and I love it. And even putting all of that aside, it's still fun to play with.

Unfortunately, I'm quite busy this school year so I don't have much free time. Sorry about that.

Join the Nazi Zombies Club V3 today!
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1715-0227
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    Ibanez needs a less retarded naming structure.
    Ibanez RG7862FR87689.55(pi*sqrt(5x+(y^2)-(z/8)))

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637 LastLast