Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637

Thread: A Planeswalker's Guide to SPPf (Magic: the Gathering)

I really would like to go competitive but im strapped on money and decent cards to trade :l

Which do you guys think is better: Elves or Angels?

Cred to Astral Shadow for banner
    ASB TL 1, 17 TP
    Play MLG Smash Bros? Contact me @Tythaeus to schedule a match. :]

Kamotz after I update my Oracle we can play on Trice a bit more, I'm going to start being on campus a bit more. Also, your moving everywhere aren't you lol.

Also for anyone that plays on MTGO (I may end up starting after I get some monies) They are releasing Vintage Masters, it's pretty much Modern Masters on steroids. Has all of the Power 9 in it with new art (I want the Time Walk art on a playmat).
    THIS IS FOR MY NINTENDO 3DS HANDHELD SYSTEM 2664-2984-6619
    THIS IS FOR MY POKEMON WHITE VIDEO GAME Mike-0218-6703-3716

Quote Originally Posted by the3rdH0kage View Post
    Kamotz after I update my Oracle we can play on Trice a bit more, I'm going to start being on campus a bit more. Also, your moving everywhere aren't you lol.

Also for anyone that plays on MTGO (I may end up starting after I get some monies) They are releasing Vintage Masters, it's pretty much Modern Masters on steroids. Has all of the Power 9 in it with new art (I want the Time Walk art on a playmat).
    I want very much to see the new artworks on these all. Are the moxen just the Volkan Baga ones from the limited edition deck box? I wouldn't be surprised if they were.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Yeah the Moxen are the Volkan Baga arts but still they are awesome art.

Yeah, the arts are pretty nice. And to be honest, I can't really have expected more new art for those cards, since they will never be reprinted again in playable format, and it will be some time before a reprint in unplayable format.

The usual links

So the new Commander decks come out tomorrow, anybody getting one?? I'm grabbing the Grixis one (I managed to get it at MSRP at my LGS)

I got the full set at MSRP. Super excited to start brewing and customizing them. It's nice to have a real Naya commander that isn't Mayael.

"You can call yourself whatever you want.
    Soldier. Leader. Patriot. Revolutionary. It doesn't matter.
    At our core we're all the same thing.
    Monsters."

Mayael is in the Naya deck though. and I'm pumped I'll probably not sleep Friday night because deck ideas and stuff.

Right. But Mayael is a real build-around. Marath seems kinda a less specific and more of an all-around Goodstuff general. I mean...Mayael is the least-specific of the accessible Naya Generals like Rith and Uril. They're really token and enchantment-themed, respectively. And Mayael really wants to capitalize on the big-stuff-creatures. She's good, don't get me wrong. But I'd really prefer something that can be good all on its own. Which Marath seems to do.

Monsters."

Can't remember if this was the thread where we organized Cockatrice games, but I apologize for ditching y'all out of nowhere a few months back. Things came up in life, so deck building and MTG in general were just put on the back-burner. I'm a bit more active now, but I don't expect to be in any organized games anytime soon.

Good to see y'all still here.
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2d164cz.png[/IMG]

pock pock pock

Yeah. We haven't had much of a Cockatrice go-round recently. That we had one at all was pretty impressive seeing as how this is a Pokemon forum.

I'd still like to try and get our Serebii FNM going again though.

===

In other news! Have people been playing with the Commander 2013 decks and cards yet? Have you guys gotten into Commander now that it's a more accessible product again (rather than last year's minimally-printed Commander's Arsenal)?

Monsters."

I've been playing a bit more, I sold the True-Name Nemesis from the Grixis deck because I needed some cash. and someone offered me $40 for the Esper deck, which I very well may do as I'm taking someone out for a date next week. But the decks are fun and a great way to delve into the format.

Yeah. I picked up 2 of the Esper and 2 of the Grixis decks at Target for 30 a piece. Listed them on Ebay. Make some money back.

---

Anyway. I thought I might put up a Commander Format Primer here. Depending on if people were interested of course. Just a bit of explaining about the format (to the best of my knowledge) as well as certain "must-haves" ad staples of the format that should and/or could be included in just about every deck.

Interested? Yes? No?

Monsters."

The Derevi EDH has some nice combos. I think I might expand on it a little more at some point. Azami gets you a decent amount of card draw with Derevi, for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamotz View Post
    Anyway. I thought I might put up a Commander Format Primer here. Depending on if people were interested of course. Just a bit of explaining about the format (to the best of my knowledge) as well as certain "must-haves" ad staples of the format that should and/or could be included in just about every deck.

Interested? Yes? No?
    Yes.

The usual links

Kamotz I'd look at it because I like seeing other peoples views into a format as unique as Commander. I'm on break so sometime I'll probably tear apart the Grixis C13 deck and make something awesome. and I may be floorjudging the PTQ in my town on January 4th talking to the TO probably this week.

I got the Esper 2013 deck. Toxic Deluge is just crazy good.

Speaking of new EDH/Commander decks -- Derevi Stasis? Good idea? Bad idea? Lose friends because really ****ing stasis really?

(this would be accomplished with Hold the Gates and other things that give vigilance to all your creatures and (optionally) Eon Hub. Privileged Position helps too.)
    Last edited by The Admiral; 24th November 2013 at 10:25 PM.

The usual links

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637