Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: A Planeswalker's Guide to SPPf (Magic: the Gathering)

BTW, Teferi + Laboratory Maniac + Leveler = brix will be shat.
    If you're looking for a confidence boost in Marvel VS Capcom 3, Halo Reach or TF2, look me up.
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 2794-9939-9096
    I use "uber" Pokemon in allotted tiers, I calculate stat values, I draw the line at cheating devices, I breed my way to perfection, and I care about natures. I breed my Pokemon out of the most ideal parental stock, and treat them like brainless drones made out of bits of data. I believe that thinking of them as anything more is pointless.

Definately, but Laboratory Maniac is too easily cleared from the table with Shock or Path to Exile.

I'm building a BU Mill deck based around Undead Alchemist, but I might splash white to run Necromancer's Convenant (it's ridiculously fun)
    Have a nice day

Black FC: 3911-6974-2268
    -STUNFISK LAUGHS AT YOU!-

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present."

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

As an update to what I had said earlier, new information has come out that the next block will NOT be set in Ravnica, and will in fact be a brand new setting. I'm not sure how much else of what I had said is true or not.
    If you're looking for a confidence boost in Marvel VS Capcom 3, Halo Reach or TF2, look me up.
    I use "uber" Pokemon in allotted tiers, I calculate stat values, I draw the line at cheating devices, I breed my way to perfection, and I care about natures. I breed my Pokemon out of the most ideal parental stock, and treat them like brainless drones made out of bits of data. I believe that thinking of them as anything more is pointless.

I've just finished my first Peasant Deck: RG aggro with Devour (Thunder-Thrash Elder + Brood Birthing ftw!) My next peasant project is probably gonna be Slivers (damn I miss those wormy things :'( )
    Have a nice day

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present."

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

Pauper Magic is so much fun with this set.
    In Fearful Day, In Raging Night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite. When all seems lost in the War of Light look to the stars--For HOPE BURNS BRIGHT!

I don't care about my pokemon other than their battling potential. If they aren't good at battling, I'm not going to use them. If I have to spend time getting my pokemon to be perfect, so be it. I'll battle your pokemon that are "raised with love" anytime, and you know what? I'll probably win.

Yeah, but GB aggro Infect still rapes most things :/
    Have a nice day

I just pulled an Olivia Voldaren, so now I'm in the mood to build a Vampire EDH deck. Question is, should I just build a BR deck with her as a commander, or should I broaden my horizons and use Garza Zol so I can mix some blue in for some control (in other words, Grixis colors)?

BR is better for continuity's sake. I use Thraximundar as my Grixis commander and I run a proliferate theme.
    In Fearful Day, In Raging Night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite. When all seems lost in the War of Light look to the stars--For HOPE BURNS BRIGHT!

I don't care about my pokemon other than their battling potential. If they aren't good at battling, I'm not going to use them. If I have to spend time getting my pokemon to be perfect, so be it. I'll battle your pokemon that are "raised with love" anytime, and you know what? I'll probably win.

I've started a GB Token deck. Parallel Lives is amazing with Mimic Vat and Grave Titan. Endless Ranks of the Dead works epicly with Parallel Lives too.
    Have a nice day

finally finished an edh deck, with my general being isamaru, hound of konda and the rest of the deck being equipment-centric. it's pretty fun to play, and mirrorworks followed by batterskull is an amazingly fun thing to pull off. i also managed a copied duplicant and exiled a 9/9 animar, soul of elements. ****'s fun. :3

I dont play yet, but my friend is building me a deck, trying to get me into the game. He said hes making me a Plains/Fire deck. Any suggestions?

lol i use a white/red battle cry deck, care for the list?

Quote Originally Posted by KantoMasta View Post
    I dont play yet, but my friend is building me a deck, trying to get me into the game. He said hes making me a Plains/Fire deck. Any suggestions?
    First off (and I hate to be that guy, but someone has to), call them by their colors. Plains = White, Mountain = Red, etc. Now to answer your question, White decks with small creatures have been a staple of the game since its inception, so you can't really go wrong there. Go for packs from Innistrad (the latest set) and M12 (the latest Core set), because most of the good White is in there. As for Red, again, M12.

I do not. But I would sort of like to since I quit Yu-Gi-Oh and Duel Masters has been dead for five years (and is quite similar, so I already know most of the rules and concepts).

Except my area is too small to have any hobby shops or local tournaments, and no one else around has any interest at all, so it would seem like a waste.

magic is basically duel masters but more complex and interesting, so you should like it. and there are online programs like cockatrice so you can just play online.

That exactly.

Play online using Cockatrice, etc. It's cheaper and requires less driving. The game is still very fun on these programs, too. It's pretty easy to learn if you're rusty on anything, too.

Honestly, I prefer having the cardboard in front of me. Nothing beats the feeling of opening a new pack.

this is true, but in saying that most things beat paying a fortune for a playset of x card.

Yes, but that encourages you to use different cards. They can't all be Mind Sculptors, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Rey Alejandro View Post
    Yes, but that encourages you to use different cards. They can't all be Mind Sculptors, you know.
    Thank GOD that damn card rotated out of Standard! Bought three boxes to try and get a playset of it for a deck I wanted to use but that never worked out.

Mind Sculptor is banned now, so that sucks ^^

I've been toying with loads of new deck Ideas. I'm gonna try building a dangerous EDH with Braids, Conjurer Expert.

That and a really trollish deck with Ach-Hans! Run!
    Have a nice day

I like the opposing symmetry of UR decks, I think I'ma built one of those. Too bad I put all of my counter-spells into my other deck.

I find building a UR deck really hard, but the thing is you just throw in loads of instants and sorceries, and snapcaster mage ^^ (maybe splash white for venser)
    Have a nice day

ur is either combo or counter-burn generally. splinter twin was a good example of ur, and counter-burn is doable in the new standard with a buttload of counterspells and burn, adding snapcasters for extra mileage.

speaking of standard, i am really enjoying illusions atm. really fun deck to play.

I like the idea of a blue/red deck since the color combination suits my personality, but there isn't much interesting with it gameplaywise. There aren't too many cool UR multicolor cards, and wizards seems to be trying to hard to push U/R as the all spells all the time color (which I find boring).

I've always wanted to build a RUG deck, but it seems to hard to build, both due to the expanses of getting a decent manabase and the overcrowding of different spell types, since I will probably want to cram in land/mana ramp, burn counterspells and card draw in there as well as putting in some creatures/other permanents. (

I am currently a semi-retired player, even though I started a year ago. I don't like EDH so I can't play casual anymore and I don't have any money to be buying new cards right now. I'm not exactly crazy about the current standard (I don't like innistrad) and eternal formats are too fast/powerful.

I do enjoy playing against myself with precons though. (it sounds weird but if you adopt the right mindset it's great fun)
    Last edited by Zazie; 1st November 2011 at 3:53 AM.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast