Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: A Planeswalker's Guide to SPPf (Magic: the Gathering)

i play a white-Black deck that runs Sorin Markov from Zendikar(legal witha re-release in m12) Elsepth Tirel and Lilliana Vess. I know this is a lot a planesawlker going around but with this deck I can have them out quick and win in about 5-10 turns. lol also I run Baneslayer Angel with Celestial Mantle. Look it up and look at how beastly of a combo this is. Also is it a rumor that they are briing Ravnica back. I play with a lot of Ravnica in my EDH deck. Fveorite set of all time.
    Last edited by the3rdH0kage; 23rd April 2012 at 1:31 AM.
    THIS IS FOR MY NINTENDO 3DS HANDHELD SYSTEM 2664-2984-6619
    THIS IS FOR MY POKEMON WHITE VIDEO GAME Mike-0218-6703-3716

Bane slayer and celestial mantle haven't been standard legal for a while. Also, by turn 5 or 6 your opponent is usually pretty well set up too. One go for the throat or doom blade and your angel is toast. It's a strong combo, but the mantle would be Better on a creature with trample.

"You can call yourself whatever you want.
    Soldier. Leader. Patriot. Revolutionary. It doesn't matter.
    At our core we're all the same thing.
    Monsters."

Quote Originally Posted by Kamotz View Post
    Bane slayer and celestial mantle haven't been standard legal for a while. Also, by turn 5 or 6 your opponent is usually pretty well set up too. One go for the throat or doom blade and your angel is toast. It's a strong combo, but the mantle would be Better on a creature with trample.
    yes that is a god combo but I also combo mantle with Student of warfare. and that combo I use in Legacy (this deck is legacy and has some interchangable cards for standard). yo could also put mantle on strong flyers like Carnifex Demon and a few other i use.

Also you can put mantle on somthing like Phyrexian Juggernaut a 5/5 w/infect with celestial would be good for ending a game.

It's a decent combo if you can manage to bring it out. But you're still relying on two 6 drops that can be dealt with pretty easily.

Monsters."

true. 10 char

Quote Originally Posted by Kamotz View Post
    I was goint hrough my deck last night before bed and I noticed I use no trample in the deck. So I need to change that soon.

If I can just find a good use for Battle Hymn's mana, I kind of like the prospect of a red/white deck using it to fuel something big and ridiculous. Unfortunately, I don't think anything quite on the level I'm hoping for is really doable in Standard right now.

Maybe I can play it in EDH/casual to fuel an even faster BSC/Eldrazi or a huge amount of Cinder Pyromancer BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariya Shidou View Post
    If I can just find a good use for Battle Hymn's mana, I kind of like the prospect of a red/white deck using it to fuel something big and ridiculous. Unfortunately, I don't think anything quite on the level I'm hoping for is really doable in Standard right now.

Maybe I can play it in EDH/casual to fuel an even faster BSC/Eldrazi or a huge amount of Cinder Pyromancer BS.
    lost (just sayin) lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mariya Shidou View Post

Well...hmm...splashed into a W Token deck, it could help bring out something big like Balefire Dragon that allows you to set up a sweep. Unfortunately there isn't really a lot of BIG Red stuff floating around in standard...Inferno Titan could work though. But all that Mana could help launch a barrage of instants/sorceries or help load up on mana for a big flashback spell you want to play. RB Army of the Damned or any of the Increasings could always use some extra mana...maybe a Red/Black Sun's Zenith.

Monsters."

I like the possibility of pumping out a fast/cheap/extra Inferno Titan. I was trying to kick around some other big stuff in Naya, but I don't think I can really do it fast enough. Raise the Alarm would help.

P.S.    Spoiler:- card images:

Not really a "when you see it..." moment, but. huh.

Played in the Helvault Pre-release last weekend, went 3-1 with a GW deck. That was a blast. Ended up with a jumbo-sized Avacyn card, 2 foil prerelease Moonsilver Spears, an AVR spindown dice, and a double-sided angel/demon token card.

Got a bunch of interesting cards from the sealed tournament too. Humans are set up to dominate AVR games. It's insane.

Monsters."

avr has dropped like a bomb and i had a lot of fun cracking open my preorders. here is what i managed if anyone cares. time to build some sweet brews...

Those are some pretty nice pulls. My Token and Vampire decks will change the least with AVR, but havengul vampire is looking to be insane. But Ramp is starting to look interesting too. I'm still trying to figure out how I can get craterhoof behemoth into my token deck.

I'm waiting for my AVR box to come in the mail. $90 at preorder.

Monsters."

Gah! I wish I knew about this thread a year ago.

Anyway, I've kinda been out of the Magic loop for the past year, since no one in the Middle East seems to play. Hopefully when I come back to the US in about a month I'll get back into it.
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2d164cz.png[/IMG]

pock pock pock

I will say this much, Thatcher Revolt should NOT have been printed at common. Even with the sacrifice clause at the end of your turn it's still pretty damn good. Not only does it help Champion of the Parish, but it might make Unruly Mob playable.

Needless to say, I'm building a R/W Human token deck.
    If you're looking for a confidence boost in Marvel VS Capcom 3, Halo Reach or TF2, look me up.
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 2794-9939-9096
    I use "uber" Pokemon in allotted tiers, I calculate stat values, I draw the line at cheating devices, I breed my way to perfection, and I care about natures. I breed my Pokemon out of the most ideal parental stock, and treat them like brainless drones made out of bits of data. I believe that thinking of them as anything more is pointless.

it's fine at common, since then you're more likely to curve out and do crazy things like t2 kruin striker t3 thatcher revolt, swing for 8.

Dion, you bastard, you got both the mythics I want! I don't think anyone here has them unless I journey up to the nearest card shop, which is a good 40 minutes away.

As for Thatcher Revolt... it pretty much is THE card in 6AVR Sealed. Since AVR has a heavy amount of tribal human effects, it is really strong at three mana.

which two mythics were they? :3

I just remembered that there was a "Rate my Deck" section. Moving this post there.
    Last edited by SugarFreeJazz; 6th May 2012 at 4:56 PM.
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2d164cz.png[/IMG]

pock pock pock

Hey all. I'm here speaking as an MTG lover and player. I think it's time we increased the presence of MTG here in the alt. card discussion. More topics, more news and updates, more deck ideas and sharing. Yugioh is great, sure, and im not here to disparage it or anyone who plays, or even try to budge them out. But mtg is the Mac daddy of card games.

So if you've got a deck, post it. Let us know what cards you've got available for tweaking (and all the other info required on the rating forums). If you've got a new deck idea or want to build a deck around a few cards or ideas, post it.

Monsters."

Yeah, I think that'd be a good idea. If we can just get a little more momentum...

I picked up a G/W New Phyrexia starter today (since my local Target still had three of them, somehow -- wish I had more money to get the others). The pack had a Metamorph in it. Pretty good returns on $13 worth of precon.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Not trying to sounds noobish but metamorph does what exactly, and Kamotz what kind of decks standard, legacy, EHD/Commander?

I play MTG, mainly Modern and Standard. Standard I'm running Red/Green Wolves, which I'm entering into FNM this week. I also run a Standard Infect. Modern, i run Dragons and Illusions.

My standard/legacy deck is b/w infect/a bunch of other things deck. Run Sorin Markov (from Zendikar but legal because of re-release in M12. Elsepth Tirel (dont know the set was released in), Chandra Nallar(again IDK the set). Baneslayer Angel, Celestal Mantle, Phrexian Juggernaght(spelling)(5/5 infect behemath). Ill post full decklist probably tonight whne I get home.

Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast