Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: A Planeswalker's Guide to SPPf (Magic: the Gathering)

Quote Originally Posted by the3rdH0kage View Post
    Not trying to sounds noobish but metamorph does what exactly, and Kamotz what kind of decks standard, legacy, EHD/Commander?
    Phyrexian Metamorph costs 3 and either one blue mana or two life. It enters the battlefield as a copy of a creature or artifact in play and is an artifact in addition to its other types.

It probably will also keep any of the Avacyn Restored legends out of Standard, but
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

I really need to get that card
    THIS IS FOR MY NINTENDO 3DS HANDHELD SYSTEM 2664-2984-6619
    THIS IS FOR MY POKEMON WHITE VIDEO GAME Mike-0218-6703-3716

It probably will also keep any of the Avacyn Restored legends out of Standard, but
    phantasmal image is waaaaaaay better than metamorph in that regard because, yanno, it costs half as much. :p

i agree with kamotz, we should have more magicalness in this forum. maybe i'll post my jank decks when i come up with them. also, the avr event decks seem awesome (well the humans one at least) and definitely worth it. 2x glacial fortress, moorland haunt, mirran crusader, metamorph, 2x dismember, blade splicer, 2x o-ring, playset of mana leak? don't mind if i do.

Quote Originally Posted by otaku-dono View Post
    phantasmal image is waaaaaaay better than metamorph in that regard because, yanno, it costs half as much.
    Yeah, but you have to be playing blue for that. I mean, yeah, everyone plays RUG pretty much, but

i agree with kamotz, we should have more magicalness in this forum. maybe i'll post my jank decks when i come up with them. also, the avr event decks seem awesome (well the humans one at least) and definitely worth it. 2x glacial fortress, moorland haunt, mirran crusader, metamorph, 2x dismember, blade splicer, 2x o-ring, playset of mana leak? don't mind if i do.
    Both of them have really solid cards in general and I think they'll both be worth the cash. Not quite as much as that equip one was, but.

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Kamotz View Post
    Hey all. I'm here speaking as an MTG lover and player. I think it's time we increased the presence of MTG here in the alt. card discussion. More topics, more news and updates, more deck ideas and sharing. Yugioh is great, sure, and im not here to disparage it or anyone who plays, or even try to budge them out. But mtg is the Mac daddy of card games.

So if you've got a deck, post it. Let us know what cards you've got available for tweaking (and all the other info required on the rating forums). If you've got a new deck idea or want to build a deck around a few cards or ideas, post it.
    In that case, I think these would be good websites for everyone to know about, if they don't already. I'm still getting back into the magic-loop, but these websites helped me a lot and it's been a lot of fun going through cards and decks all day.

So, for those who don't know about them, here they are.

www.mtgmintcard.com
    This is the one I started on. I prefer it to the other website because of the layout and such, but that's about it.
    www.mtgdeckbuilder.net
    This one is also good. I upload my decks on here as well, mainly for more feedback and back-up, but they recently had a technical issue and lost a lot of decks, so I'm really glad I used two websites.
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2d164cz.png[/IMG]

pock pock pock

So Kamotz where do you suggest I put my decks. Like should I start a forum if I can thats a MTG RMD (Magic The Gathering Rate My Deck).

There's already an "Alt. Card Rate My Deck" forum section. It's on the top of the Alt Card Discussion page. Well, here's a link anyway.

As to the different formats: Standard/Extended/Modern/Legacy/Vintage/EDH

Standard: is a format that allows for all cards in the newest two story-based blocks and the newest Core Set to be played, save for cards on the Standard Banned List. The current Standard set encompasses the Scars of Mirrodin Block, the 2012 Core set, and the Innistrad Block.

Extended: this format is essentially all cards from the past 7 years. Currently this encompasses the Shards of Alara Block, the Zendikar Block, Scars of Mirrodin Block, Innistrad Block, and the 2011 and 2012 Core sets.

Modern: this is a constructed format that allows expansion sets and core sets from Eighth Edition forward. The modern format thus encompasses all cards that have been printed in a set using the modern Card Frame.

Legacy/Vintage: are very similar in that they both are capable of using cards from any set (with some specific card restrictions/bans).

EDH - Elder Dragon Highlander (officially called "Commander"): is a format that calls for 100 card decks where (other than basic lands), every card is unique. You can't have more than 1 of them. Your deck is "commanded" by a general, a legendary creature, whose mana colors indicate which colors of spells your deck is limited to. You can only play cards (lands included) that share a mana symbol with your general. For example, if your general was Bosh, Iron Golem you could only play colorless or Red spells (because he has a Red mana symbol on his card). However, you cannot play red spells that have another color in them anywhere, whether in flashback costs or split-mana.

"You can call yourself whatever you want.
    Soldier. Leader. Patriot. Revolutionary. It doesn't matter.
    At our core we're all the same thing.
    Monsters."

OPosted a Legacy deck check it out. Ill be posting an EDH deck soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus Fugit View Post
    Yeah, I think that'd be a good idea. If we can just get a little more momentum...

I picked up a G/W New Phyrexia starter today (since my local Target still had three of them, somehow -- wish I had more money to get the others). The pack had a Metamorph in it. Pretty good returns on $13 worth of precon.
    Funny, I pulled a Tamiyo out of an AVR intro pack (the RW Human one) just last night.
    If you're looking for a confidence boost in Marvel VS Capcom 3, Halo Reach or TF2, look me up.
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 2794-9939-9096
    I use "uber" Pokemon in allotted tiers, I calculate stat values, I draw the line at cheating devices, I breed my way to perfection, and I care about natures. I breed my Pokemon out of the most ideal parental stock, and treat them like brainless drones made out of bits of data. I believe that thinking of them as anything more is pointless.

Magic is for nerds, that being said Iv'e tried it and play it occasionally . It's a funny story of how I got into it, a few of my teachers at my school were playing Magic with some students, and I was like what? but then they showed me how to play and it's quite fun.

I was over at a friends house a little over 2 yrs ago and we were letting his 360 cool down after about 4 hrs of halo,COD and somme other games. He asked if I wanted to learn a new game and he introduced me to MTG. His elf deck is freakin insane but all of the cards are like older cards so they cant be used in standard and stuff.

Anyone have any favorite card descriptions?

Two that I remember off the top of my head are Army of the Damned and Sea Monster.

Army of the Damned:
    Sometimes death comes knocking.
    Sometimes it tears down the wall.

Sea Monster:
    It's easy to believe the monster is a myth - until you feel three hundred thousand pounds of myth crashing down on your ship.

There are a bunch of goblin cards with great text as well, but I can't be arsed to look through them at the moment.
    Last edited by SugarFreeJazz; 14th May 2012 at 11:00 AM.

pock pock pock

i have one
    Spire Barrage
    Goblin lessons inclue the 2,071 tips for survival. Frek only remebered 2,070
    and I have old card that has the flavour text for Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carol I thought that was pretty cool.
    I'm building a B/R vampire deck with a few red cards that help out vamps.
    Last edited by the3rdH0kage; 20th May 2012 at 2:47 PM.

So I entered FNM on Friday with my R/G Wolves/Werewolves. I lost my first match 2-1, but only just won one game thanks to a top-deck Moonmist. The second match was a 2-0 win, thanks to both Garruk Relentless in both games, and then 3 Immerwolf/Mayor's paired with Garruk. The third match was a 2-1 win, which went down to a very close third game with my opponent playing Avacyn. Thanks to Moonmist-ing on her turn, then using the advantage of Bower Passage, I hit a huge swing, insta-winning. I then lost 2-0 by getting utterly thrashed by a 5-colour Artifact Deck. Crushed by Infinite Attack combo's both times. So overall it was a rather balanced night, and I managed to get a promo by my name being randomly pulled out of a hat. If I'd won the first match, I'd have recieved another for finishing second... Shame, but oh well. I'm happy with my Ancient Grudge Promo I received, it fits into my deck brilliantly.

found a zendkiar Blood Seeker amidst my M12 ones. random maic the gathering news.

Well I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of Metalcraft cards. I didn't realize there were so few until I actually checked.

Eh, I guess I'll give a Metalcraft deck a shot anyway.

pock pock pock

there are some pretty good metalcraft cards; carapace forger, dispatch, etched champion, galvanic blast, jor kadeen, mox opal, puresteel paladin... and there are even a couple of randomly cool casual ones as well.

I wasn't expecting to have many cards to choose from, but now I'm trying to sift through over 100 cards that would work in the deck. I went with a R/W metalcraft deck and it's increasingly difficult to not make 102391934 other artifact based decks.

Specifically Myrs'.

pock pock pock

myr tribal is almost as awesome as snake tribal.

which makes me feel like posting my snake tribal deck.

IN THE MORNING.

also god damn it i need to find a good deck for lone revenant, he is so so sweet. i feel as though he'll end up as a random dude in a control deck though which is making me kinda not want to use him. :/

Revenant would be a good add in an Exalted deck.

Would, if there were more noncreatures that had Exalted abilities.

On a side note -- I showed this to Dion last night, but I did a quick re-template of Tidal Influence in the new frame and using the oracle wording.

Spoiler:- click here to see it:

I think this is the card whose current Oracle wording has the most individual lines of rules text.

The usual links

angelic benediction actually seems quite good with lone revenant since it can tap down blockers. ardent plea is kinda bad, and finest hour is as well. i might just try him in an esper control deck with only snapcasters as other creatures.

So I got some cash today and bought the Black/ White AVRprecon (Vampires yayayay). and The Black/Red Dark Ascension pre-con(Demons/Vampires). and 3 AVR boosters for the low,low price of 40 dollars wtf. But anyway cards of interst from the boosters were Thatcher Revolt, Moonsilver Spear, 2 Angel's Mercy, Zealous Conscripts, Zombue Apocalypse,Chant for the Skifsang, Appitite for Brians, Exsquiste Blood Talons iof Falkenrath(holo), Predato's Gambit(holo), Ghoulflesh(holo). dDint get that planesswalker . But I personally think I got some good pulls.
    edit; Also I got the double-sided Chosen of Markov/Markov's Servant.

Appitite for Brians
    hahahahaha

also planechase 2 is looking amazing, i will gladly have baleful strix's babbies.

Appitite for Brains is pretty epic if you know its effect.

it's one of the worst 1 mana discard spells they've printed lately, but appetite for brians sounds wonderful.

Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast