Page 314 of 432 FirstFirst ... 214264304310311312313314315316317318324364414 ... LastLast
Results 7,826 to 7,850 of 10783

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

Damn....got a book report due and I still have 3 reeally long chapters to go......hopefully i can work crazily for the next few hours <.>"

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    Can someone give me a quick description of why one breathes faster during or after exercise?
    If I'm not mistaken, it's the body's way of replenishing oxygen to the blood, which in turn can distribute additional energy and nutrients to the muscles, vital organs, etc. I hope that answers your question.

Speaking of exercise, I'm still sore from my health lab yesterday... Thank goodness I only have one more round of torture tomorrow, and then I'm done with health class for good.
    Last edited by Crimson Penguin; 6th December 2012 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Misworded something

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

Can someone give me a quick description of why one breathes faster during or after exercise?
    Its to maintain homeostasis, an equilibrium your body involuntarily maintains to keep you in top shape... I think.

Speaking of top shape, I'm feeling better! Back to school tomorrow, which I'm actually excited about because we're learning about Greece in Global History.
    I have claimed Empoleon, Super Mario Galaxy, and Rosalina!
    3DS FC- 1762-3779-2632
    I have a Fairy Type Safari with Kirlia, Jigglypuff, and Clefairy!

Once again, Chemistry is kicking my *** ):

Do any of you that take Chemistry actually like it?

Quote Originally Posted by vespiqueen View Post

I'm not taking it yet, but I will probably like it. Science is my favorite subject.
    3DS FC- 1762-3779-2632

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Penguin View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, it's the body's way of replenishing oxygen to the blood, which in turn can distribute additional energy and nutrients to the muscles, vital organs, etc. I hope that answers your question.

Speaking of exercise, I'm still sore from my health lab yesterday... Thank goodness I only have one more round of torture tomorrow, and then I'm done with health class for good.
    You're sorta half-right. But you start breathing heavily before your oxygen stores get lowered, and that's because your body is anticipating the need to get rid of carbon dioxide (because of the eventual lactic acid formation; getting rid of carbon dioxide raises your blood's pH, so you can tolerate more acid buildup). Both are important, obviously, but getting rid of carbon dioxide and keeping the blood's pH balanced is a slightly more "right" answer. Unless, of course, my physiology professor was lying, in which case, this whole thing is up in the air.

When I decided to take that class, I thought it would be fun. I was completely wrong.

I'm probably failing chemistry right now, which sucks because its bringing down my GPA, along with god damn orchestra class. I made the top ten in my class last year, and it would be humiliating not to make the top ten again because of those classes.

Also, I know I've said this before, but I'm going to say it again: FUCK TRIGONOMETRY
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Yes. AP chem is my favorite subject besides English.

I have a test in that class tomorrow that I should be studying for now.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    You're sorta half-right. But you start breathing heavily before your oxygen stores get lowered, and that's because your body is anticipating the need to get rid of carbon dioxide (because of the eventual lactic acid formation; getting rid of carbon dioxide raises your blood's pH, so you can tolerate more acid buildup). Both are important, obviously, but getting rid of carbon dioxide and keeping the blood's pH balanced is a slightly more "right" answer. Unless, of course, my physiology professor was lying, in which case, this whole thing is up in the air.
    Thanks for the clarification. I knew it was more complex than my explanation (haven't taken any physiology, although I'm sure I'll learn more about this stuff when I get further into my biology classes).

I do; I find it fascinating, and I feel it gives me a better understanding of how the world works, limited as my knowledge may be. However, I should mention that I'm taking a fairly basic class, so my opinion might change later on. XD

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

Data analysis outside of hard science is the worst thing and I hope none of you ever have to do it
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

Wait, so in the US you can drop old subjects and take new ones at will every year or something?

Wait, so in the US you can drop old subjects and take new ones at will every year or something?
    Well, we get to choose a number of our classes each year starting high school, or even earlier. Though some classes, like English, History and Math, must be taken during certain years, and the class you can take depends on your abilities in that subject. Science classes are usually elective class where I go, but a few years of science is needed to graduate.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Dunsparce!

I used to like it at first, it was pretty cool, but then I met...AP CHEMISTRY
    and after the first semester (stuff was pretty easy early on) it was just hours of verbal abuse and frustration, since our teacher kind of gave up too.
    I preferred physics and biology much more, but my favorite is always geology (too bad my mom won't let me have a career related to it)

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Well, we get to choose a number of our classes each year starting high school, or even earlier. Though some classes, like English, History and Math, must be taken during certain years, and the class you can take depends on your abilities in that subject. Science classes are usually elective class where I go, but a few years of science is needed to graduate.

Except in my school, they force students to take AP classes, which are supposed to be electives >_> I remember people with 60s on the regents getting into AP Chemistry, it was pure bs

DEAD

Spoiler:- Game stuff and whatnot:

Quote Originally Posted by sam40400 View Post
    I used to like it at first, it was pretty cool, but then I met...AP CHEMISTRY
    and after the first semester (stuff was pretty easy early on) it was just hours of verbal abuse and frustration, since our teacher kind of gave up too.
    I preferred physics and biology much more, but my favorite is always geology (too bad my mom won't let me have a career related to it)
    Especially since you haven't been the first to say it, I'm really getting nervous about second semester in AP Chemistry now. I mean, I'm fantastic in this subject, but when so many people make it out to be so bad, my teacher included, it really doesn't make it look great.

Except in my school, they force students to take AP classes, which are supposed to be electives >_> I remember people with 60s on the regents getting into AP Chemistry, it was pure bs
    Looks like you aren't the first to say it, since I remember a few conversations on that problem with AP classes. I really don't know why they wouldn't offer normal level classes, especially since AP is meant to challenge students who want to learn more and understand a bit about early college courses.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Dunsparce!

by next week I expect to have at least 90 points

well I got all my homework done not saying its good or anything but it is finished. Tomorrow will be a weird day at school.
    Forever alone! This Lone Wolf keeps on fighting!
    "I don't want to be alone, I just want to be left alone!"

credit goes to internet for image

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Especially since you haven't been the first to say it, I'm really getting nervous about second semester in AP Chemistry now. I mean, I'm fantastic in this subject, but when so many people make it out to be so bad, my teacher included, it really doesn't make it look great.

Looks like you aren't the first to say it, since I remember a few conversations on that problem with AP classes. I really don't know why they wouldn't offer normal level classes, especially since AP is meant to challenge students who want to learn more and understand a bit about early college courses.
    Well, for me, my teacher was pretty inexperienced too, it was his first year so yeah. I got a 2 on the exam and sadly, that was like the 2nd-3rd highest. This guy got a 4 but he studied all by himself, and only came to class for tests. And yeah, I really don't get it either. Most AP classes I had rather had inexperienced teachers or a subject I'm weak at. AP Human Geo teacher was a loony, AP Chemistry teacher was inexperienced, and AP US teacher is almost as bad as the AP Human Geo teacher. The worse part is that our school has a well qualified AP US teacher, but then he didn't teach the year I started (they also made AP US two years for some strange reason). My AP English teacher was actually good though, but then I completely messed up on exam day, then again, english really isn't my subject. My AP Bio teacher isn't bad either for now, and I had her for anatomy and was not too bad then either.

DEAD

Spoiler:- Game stuff and whatnot:

Random thought, but in the 8th grade, 9 or so years ago, my pre-algebra teacher gave us homework every week, and he never took it up, but during the last week of the year, he said to the class "turn in all of the homework we have done this year."

I turned in 1 piece of paper with maybe 10 problems written down on it, when it actually should've been well over 100 problems. I ended up getting a C in the class. I always did good on the tests, but I was just so lazy. Ever since then I've hated math, and I have to take freakin' calculus next semester in college.
    Platinum FC: 3268 7322 8943
    HeartGold FC: 3698 1539 4947
    White 2 FC: 3612 1944 2721
    3DS FC: 1779-0800-2195
    IGN: ebev91
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon
    Pokemon X National Dex: 717/718 (Only need JIRACHI)

For Higher Chinese, we have to do a review of any stories inside this specific book, filled with many short, miscellaneous and somewhat random stories. After reading through it all (and by that, I mean the "Contents" page), I decided to go with some short story about the History and Significance of Chopsticks. Yeah. This should be interesting.

ah , what an unsightly existence ! / illustration : cyawa

I have discovered my one forte in Drama - voice acting, according to my teacher. I suddenly felt really happy when I first heard that (justified by the fact that I suck at pretty much everything else).

Just something random I want to share that I really happy about.
    My graduation research has been approved so I'll be flying to Thailand next semester

Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    ok

congrats on finishing the semester @ dinosaurus. what level of education are you at?
    Lol.

Thank you sir. I'm in my second year of university so by the end of next semester I'll have done 2 years of university.
    O_O seems cray.

Quote Originally Posted by Escalion View Post
    Just something random I want to share that I really happy about.
    My graduation research has been approved so I'll be flying to Thailand next semester
    Wow that's awesome, congratulations!

Well my first day back wasn't too bad. During my short absence I didn't miss all that much, so I'm all caught up. Now I just have to make up a test and a few quizzes in the next week.
    3DS FC- 1762-3779-2632

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurus View Post
    Thank you sir. I'm in my second year of university so by the end of next semester I'll have done 2 years of university.
    O_O seems cray.
    ah yes. third year is where it gets majorly depressing and the hope for a brighter future drains from your body

what are you studying
    life is
    a game

I hope my next 2 years in high school don't go by fast (ive heard stories about college)
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

Page 314 of 432 FirstFirst ... 214264304310311312313314315316317318324364414 ... LastLast