Page 315 of 444 FirstFirst ... 215265305311312313314315316317318319325365415 ... LastLast
Results 7,851 to 7,875 of 11090

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

  1. #7851
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    ah yes. third year is where it gets majorly depressing and the hope for a brighter future drains from your body
    it took you that long?
    last.fm
    facebook


    OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

  2. #7852
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    485

    Default

    did all my homework in class with my mates

  3. #7853
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sam40400 View Post
    Well, for me, my teacher was pretty inexperienced too, it was his first year so yeah. I got a 2 on the exam and sadly, that was like the 2nd-3rd highest. This guy got a 4 but he studied all by himself, and only came to class for tests. And yeah, I really don't get it either. Most AP classes I had rather had inexperienced teachers or a subject I'm weak at. AP Human Geo teacher was a loony, AP Chemistry teacher was inexperienced, and AP US teacher is almost as bad as the AP Human Geo teacher. The worse part is that our school has a well qualified AP US teacher, but then he didn't teach the year I started (they also made AP US two years for some strange reason). My AP English teacher was actually good though, but then I completely messed up on exam day, then again, english really isn't my subject. My AP Bio teacher isn't bad either for now, and I had her for anatomy and was not too bad then either.
    Wow, sounds like things are crazy in your high school. The only bad thing at our school was an instance where one teacher was fired, but the rest of our teachers have been okay, even with scores on AP tests. Our AP Chemistry teacher personally has never had anyone score a 5 on the test, but I'd love to be able to change that. My hope for that decreases each chapter, though.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo



  4. #7854
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    233

    Default

    Been missing lots of days of school in a row... Three consecutive fridays, which really messes me up. I had to make up Four quizzes and a test on the Monday of this week, and tomorrow I have yet another two tests and two quizzes ._.
    Only my freshmen year of High School- don't think it gets any better. Is this legit overload or am I just crying about it?
    Brutaka
    PM me for a list of MY DW pokemon- all are female

    I EV train for Blue Raja.
    I work in Fly High- drop by and order some art!

    PM me if you want me to EV train for you!

    FC:3611-6818-3138

  5. #7855
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    ah yes. third year is where it gets majorly depressing and the hope for a brighter future drains from your body

    what are you studying
    Ha! That's reassuring. I began to feel like that in the first year. 5 classes each semester + part time work, uuuuuugh. Plus I did really bad, and I feel like I didn't do that great this semester either. :l

    Not sure yet.. was thinking social work, then criminal justice, now psych. Took a second-year crim. j. course this year and .. somewhat enjoyed it. Taking a couple psych courses next semester which I'm super excited. I took intro and really enjoyed it so we'll see.


    Quote Originally Posted by eBay Huckster View Post
    it took you that long?
    hahah. agreed.

  6. #7856
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ice Ice Outpost
    Posts
    2,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pkmnfn View Post
    Been missing lots of days of school in a row... Three consecutive fridays, which really messes me up. I had to make up Four quizzes and a test on the Monday of this week, and tomorrow I have yet another two tests and two quizzes ._.
    Only my freshmen year of High School- don't think it gets any better. Is this legit overload or am I just crying about it?
    Don't worry; I'm right there with ya. I have a bunch of quizzes to make up, and a test. I'll admit, freshman year has been a little hectic for me as well, but we must perservere!
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

  7. #7857
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pokemon world, I wish ._...XD
    Posts
    1,642

    Default

    searching up data for my sociology essay...I need professional sources to cite for this crap.

    So When I search up "sociology culture of poverty crtics" Google gives me the option to only show scholarly articles. I immediately clicked yes cause I thought it would narrow my search...

    Oh it did, but it doesn't matter because I need an account or something view over half the crap =_= XD

    Back to my sociology book for references...I wanted to be different and use unique sources ;-; XD
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

  8. #7858
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    2,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pkmnfn View Post
    Been missing lots of days of school in a row... Three consecutive fridays, which really messes me up. I had to make up Four quizzes and a test on the Monday of this week, and tomorrow I have yet another two tests and two quizzes ._.
    Only my freshmen year of High School- don't think it gets any better. Is this legit overload or am I just crying about it?
    That's what happens when you miss school. If you really care about your grades, especially in the later years of high school, you won't miss school unless it is absolutely necessary.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

  9. #7859
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,887

    Default

    So I've been missing my AM chemistry lectures. Honestly though, the stuff that is taught is almost taken word for word from the textbook, and the examples done in class can be either found in the book or online on his webpage. By skipping these classes, I am able to sleep longer and be more awake for my other lectures. Honestly, I think this is a useful trade-off, as I can study with my textbook later in the day rather than wake up at the crack of dawn to attend the lecture.

    What do you guys think?
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  10. #7860
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Wow, sounds like things are crazy in your high school. The only bad thing at our school was an instance where one teacher was fired, but the rest of our teachers have been okay, even with scores on AP tests. Our AP Chemistry teacher personally has never had anyone score a 5 on the test, but I'd love to be able to change that. My hope for that decreases each chapter, though.
    Well, it's a really tough subject, but I guess you can try. I might've been able to get a 3 if my teacher was experienced

    welp, I'm about to start a big rant, so, you may stop reading if you wish....

    I fu cking hate my school librarian >_> seriously, since the first fu cking day I walked in that sh ithole, I was ALWAYS studying. The librarians kick out whoever talks, and I practically never had a long conversation, except once, which wasn't loud and obnoxious or about some non school related thing; it didn't even last the whole f ucking period. Then, I go to the library yesterday and she says I've been banned (note- I didn't have the conversation this week, it was a week back), and I let it slide, thinking everyone might accidentally make mistakes. Then I come back the next fu cking day, and ask her if there was a mistake, since I basically never talked, except that once, which was over a week ago. But then the bi tch looks me straight in the eye, and fu cking tells me that I have to be quieter and I was really loud the day before yesterday (note- the day before yesterday, I worked on my college applications) and that I have to go to lunch. I tell her again if she's sure, but then, she says that I have to show the fu cking work I do to get in. I told her that I was studying for the SATs/ACTs etc. almost everyday, but then that bi tch fu cking says I'm fu cking arguing and that I better follow her orders. I can see why he library is so fu cking loud everyday now. She's too fu cking retarded to know who's being an a ss and who's not. I hope I never have to go to that forsaken sh ithole or make eye contact with that bi tch ever again.


    Sorry for the excessive cursing and avoiding filter, needed to get this out of my system, I just get mad when people accuse me of things I never did.Give me an infraction or report or whatever if you need.

    I'll update this sometime

  11. #7861
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Temsik Park
    Posts
    5,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sam40400 View Post
    *rant*
    Man, I hate it when teachers/librarians/whoever do that. My teacher in Year 5 used to do that to me all the friggin' time - she even marked my exercises down for no reason, and never gave me any merits - and god, that was just so infuriating beyond words. I feel your pain.

  12. #7862
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ice Ice Outpost
    Posts
    2,786

    Default

    Well today my chorus teacher told me that I am an amazing singer. I was just doing chorus for the credits, but now I'm auditioning for all-county choir, apparently.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

  13. #7863
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Well today my chorus teacher told me that I am an amazing singer. I was just doing chorus for the credits, but now I'm auditioning for all-county choir, apparently.
    That's great. Do you like the class? If so, then it looks like you've accidentally landed in a great situation, unless you're stage fright, which I doubt, considering you're in a choir class. Good luck on that audition, though.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo



  14. #7864
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ice Ice Outpost
    Posts
    2,786

    Default

    Yeah, I guess I do like it. What makes the situation better is that one of my best friends is in the same situation as me. I don't have stage fright, thank goodness!
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

  15. #7865
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Yeah, I guess I do like it. What makes the situation better is that one of my best friends is in the same situation as me. I don't have stage fright, thank goodness!
    Oh, another friend in that situation as well? Wow, you have things lucky right now, for sure. I personally can't sing at all, nor play an instrument, so I don't know what it must be like in a choir like that, but I'm sure it must be great. I used to have stage fright when I was young, but I'm not too nervous anymore standing in front of a big group anymore.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo



  16. #7866

    Default

    Writing a research paper on German Engineering. Due in 2 hours. Hah. College life.

    キバゴ

  17. #7867
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Temsik Park
    Posts
    5,374

    Default

    I have to perfect Do It Again by George Gershwin for my Grade 7 Piano exam. I'm halfway through the piece, but I'm kinda (read: frantically) panicking about the dynamics and chords and everything, because they're all so tricky to master, and it's too late to go back now... Why did I choose this piece? ;A;

    Still, it's a nice piece, and I like it, so... hopefully I can perfect it through sheer willpower or something.

  18. #7868
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ice Ice Outpost
    Posts
    2,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Oh, another friend in that situation as well? Wow, you have things lucky right now, for sure. I personally can't sing at all, nor play an instrument, so I don't know what it must be like in a choir like that, but I'm sure it must be great. I used to have stage fright when I was young, but I'm not too nervous anymore standing in front of a big group anymore.
    Yeah it isn't bad at all. My friend and I are the linebackers for the football team, so we get along like wo peas in a pod! I think this is going to be fun!
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

  19. #7869
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Somewhere...
    Posts
    3,865

    Default

    That exam week over! Don't think I have anymore until January.


    Credit to Neo Pikachu for the Weavile banner.

  20. #7870
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Yeah it isn't bad at all. My friend and I are the linebackers for the football team, so we get along like wo peas in a pod! I think this is going to be fun!
    Football and Choir? Good thing football season is over, or at least it is over here, because I'm sure being in a choir like that is rather time-consuming. Though that doesn't matter as much if it's going to be fun.

    Speaking of time-consuming things, I just finished all of my AP Stats homework, and it's the first time we've done real math this year, with probability. It's much more time-consuming than anything else we've done all year, but it's easy. Good thing too, because we have a test Monday.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo



  21. #7871
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    Man, I hate it when teachers/librarians/whoever do that. My teacher in Year 5 used to do that to me all the friggin' time - she even marked my exercises down for no reason, and never gave me any merits - and god, that was just so infuriating beyond words. I feel your pain.
    I know right? They should really open their eyes and see who really are screwing around instead of randomly picking on kids. Even worse are my school's security guards. If you look up corrupted in the dictionary, it would show a picture of them.

    I'll update this sometime

  22. #7872
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    M$
    Posts
    422

    Default

    This upcoming week is our last week of school until Christmas break. We still have exam week after this week, but I don't really count it since we're only there for a couple of hours.
    I'm REALLY nervous about my Chemistry average! I still have another semester of Chemistry but if I failed this semester, next semester isn't going to do anything for me. I really wish I wasn't so bad at Chemistry

  23. #7873
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Temsik Park
    Posts
    5,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sam40400 View Post
    I know right? They should really open their eyes and see who really are screwing around instead of randomly picking on kids. Even worse are my school's security guards. If you look up corrupted in the dictionary, it would show a picture of them.
    Woah, so you go to one of those schools in the US that have security guards and everything? I can't imagine having them in my school. I really don't see why the staff can't have trust in their own pupils (unless they're actually really bad).

  24. #7874
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    OC, California
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Finals are coming up! Always Work hard everyone! Hard work pays off.

  25. #7875
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ice Ice Outpost
    Posts
    2,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Football and Choir? Good thing football season is over, or at least it is over here, because I'm sure being in a choir like that is rather time-consuming. Though that doesn't matter as much if it's going to be fun.
    Well the one for school isn't time consuming, because its one of my classes. The one I'm auditioning for isn't really either, as there are only like two or three rehearsals before the concert, and then its over.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Page 315 of 444 FirstFirst ... 215265305311312313314315316317318319325365415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •