Page 316 of 444 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317318319320326366416 ... LastLast
Results 7,876 to 7,900 of 11090

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    Woah, so you go to one of those schools in the US that have security guards and everything? I can't imagine having them in my school. I really don't see why the staff can't have trust in their own pupils (unless they're actually really bad).
    A lot of the schools in the U.S. have security guards, including mine. I think that the the gaurds are there to protect the students rather than to protect against the students.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

One thing that really bugs me about some teachers is when you ask if you can use the bathroom and they say, "I don't know, can you?" Ughh, that really pisses me off so much, you have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Moneyy View Post
    A lot of the schools in the U.S. have security guards, including mine. I think that the the gaurds are there to protect the students rather than to protect against the students.
    Well, do they do their job correctly?

Nobody has really tried to attack my school, but if someone were to attempt it, I doubt the guards would be of much use. I don't think they carry any weapons other than the occasional taser, and none of the guards are physically fit for combat. The situation might be different in other schools, though.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Woah, so you go to one of those schools in the US that have security guards and everything? I can't imagine having them in my school. I really don't see why the staff can't have trust in their own pupils (unless they're actually really bad).
    A lot of schools have campus police. My high school did. Normally just a cop or two that hangs out at the school all day talking to the principals, staff, etc.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

There was a fight at my school a few weeks ago (they happen fairly often) that was actually between a student and our single security guard. It quickly escalated to physical attacks.

Never get in a fight with a school security guard.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Well the one for school isn't time consuming, because its one of my classes. The one I'm auditioning for isn't really either, as there are only like two or three rehearsals before the concert, and then its over.
    Man, I wish I had great opportunities like that for extracurricular activities, though aside from sports, I never found interest in most extracurricular activities. I really failed in that department, which hopefully won't have too much of an impact when my college applications reach those that I applied to.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

The thing is the security guards are too corrupt to be useful. Students get cool with them and they allow them to bring in things. It's stupid.

I'll update this sometime

comprehensive GIS exam on tuesday, microecon exam on monopoly/monopsony/monopolistic competitive firm behaviour on wednesday

guess what i'm doing all day tomorrow
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

Stayed up to finish a project...and now I'm really really tired...hopefully I dont sleep in class by accident.....again Dx

Finals week starts today. Statistics and Biology, both classes that I've taken before and failed. If I fail again, I'll never hear the end of it...
    Welcome to the dungeon, little girl. We've got fun and games.

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Man, I wish I had great opportunities like that for extracurricular activities, though aside from sports, I never found interest in most extracurricular activities. I really failed in that department, which hopefully won't have too much of an impact when my college applications reach those that I applied to.
    Really? No extra-curricular stuff interests you? There's gotta be something, right? Sports are always a good thing for college applications, so I've heard.

Anyway, I'm home from school again... Stupid wisdom teeth...
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Got both of my finals tomorrow and I'm not going to study #YOLO

Quote Originally Posted by AbFabTrainerKira View Post
    Finals week starts today. Statistics and Biology, both classes that I've taken before and failed. If I fail again, I'll never hear the end of it...
    I'm taking both of those classes next semester.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Last Friday, we had this double football session where these former Premier League players/coaches/whatever coached us for a bit. At the end my PE teacher asked me if I was interested in coming to football practice, especially since football's fairly unpopular compared to all the other sports in my school, and they're kinda short on members. Should I join? (btw the football I'm talking about is soccer)

Really? No extra-curricular stuff interests you? There's gotta be something, right? Sports are always a good thing for college applications, so I've heard.

Anyway, I'm home from school again... Stupid wisdom teeth...
    Oh, I am in Track, but that's all, really. I'm sure it wouldn't have hurt to have a number of other extra things. Of course, back in Freshman year, I didn't think I'd be getting such good grades, so that's not entirely my fault.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Finals are kicking my ***. Grades are good but the time I'm putting in to study has been ridiculous. I don't have any tomorrow though so maybe I'll just sleep all day...
    Want to make a few extra bucks every month just browsing the internet like you already do? Join TopLine! Click here!

Great Success!:

Current hunts:
    WHITE VERSION
    1622 eggs
    34 eggs
    39 eggs
    Route 3- 303 RE's

White version FC: 3439 4189 5289
    Black Version 2 FC: 1335 6969 5560

I have a Crap load of homework -_- I'm doing a pamphlet on rabies for health :3

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

Since it's the last week of the semester, i have tons of work to do.
    which includes study guides, old worksheets i never turned in, two art projects and i have to read two books by Thursday morning.
    Yipee -_-
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Oh, I am in Track, but that's all, really. I'm sure it wouldn't have hurt to have a number of other extra things. Of course, back in Freshman year, I didn't think I'd be getting such good grades, so that's not entirely my fault.
    Cool! I do track too. Plus, if you have good grades, colleges might look at you anyway!
    Pokégyms

Cool! I do track too. Plus, if you have good grades, colleges might look at you anyway!
    The only thing different is that the sprint coach is retiring from coaching track to coach his daughter in softball. And the hurdles coach, which is my coach, isn't going to be with us this year, for my senior year too. This means that one of the coaches is managing both of those, plus pole vault. It's going to be hectic, but at least this coach was my hurdles coach freshman year. As for grades, I know colleges will look at me for sure. It's a great understatement for me to say I have good grades, but grades aren't everything. They are a huge part, though, I'll admit.

Mid-terms are coming up... Probably gonna fail miserably but oh well... I generally am a great student but exams suck.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE!

Credit to SwornMetalhead for the Banner.

The only thing different is that the sprint coach is retiring from coaching track to coach his daughter in softball. And the hurdles coach, which is my coach, isn't going to be with us this year, for my senior year too. This means that one of the coaches is managing both of those, plus pole vault. It's going to be hectic, but at least this coach was my hurdles coach freshman year. As for grades, I know colleges will look at me for sure. It's a great understatement for me to say I have good grades, but grades aren't everything. They are a huge part, though, I'll admit.
    Geez, that does sound hectic! Good luck with all those coaches. I myself don't have too bad grades; they're all around 92-94 except Earth Science, which I have a 99 in! But I don't think grades in Freshman year count that much.
    Pokégyms

Man the personal statement is so tough to write for me. I read a lot of them and have seen things that reeaallly make people stand out. I read about someone going to Japan, someone never watching TV, and someone being gothic, it's like compared to them, all I have is playing Dragon Quest all night. Besides that, I just have generic cliche things to write about that college people don't give two bothers about. Gotta think of something good soon.

I'll update this sometime

The first time I read personal statement guidelines was the first time I was actually glad to be physically disabled.
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by sam40400 View Post
    all I have is playing Dragon Quest all night
    you're a shoe-in, enjoy your college experience
    life is
    a game

Page 316 of 444 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317318319320326366416 ... LastLast