Page 334 of 446 FirstFirst ... 234284324330331332333334335336337338344384434 ... LastLast
Results 8,326 to 8,350 of 11147

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

Suppose I better start revising for my exam tomorrow...

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the Weavile banner.

I find college pretty easy. The course I am studying is split into 3 sections, 2 of which are English and Mathematics. I already passed English and Maths, which means I do 11 hours a week, not 16.

I find college pretty easy. The course I am studying is split into 3 sections, 2 of which are English and Mathematics. I already passed English and Maths, which means I do 11 hours a week, not 16.
    That's pretty good for you. I think I'm thinking the opposite. I find it hard, (I am just starting though) specially when you choose a course that seems so hard.XD

Suppose I better start revising for my exam tomorrow...
    This reminds me, I better review for my midterm exams this week. I'm having troubles in my calculus subject and I just don't get it right. Good luck for those who have exams! *I hope I can do this..*
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Bias:鹿晗 || hwaiting! || Inactive||

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    Has anyone here taken more than one programming language, or at least Java if you've only taken one?
    Currently I'm doing exams, past semester I've seen Java, C#, Jquery (with advance CSS), and C for embedded systems. While programming isn't even the focus in the degree I'm getting.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonskull View Post
    Currently I'm doing exams, past semester I've seen Java, C#, Jquery (with advance CSS), and C for embedded systems. While programming isn't even the focus in the degree I'm getting.
    Would you say that Java should be easy for me if I've already taken some programming?
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Would you say that Java should be easy for me if I've already taken some programming?
    When you know most basics in any programming language learning a new one should be easier. Let's say Java is something different from for example VB.Net or C# since you have to code everything (including the windows which you are displaying you data in).
    I don't know what programming language you've had or wish to take, so that may help me determine if it's like something totally new or something which can be somewhat easier to learn (depending on what you already know).

Quote Originally Posted by dragonskull View Post
    When you know most basics in any programming language learning a new one should be easier. Let's say Java is something different from for example VB.Net or C# since you have to code everything (including the windows which you are displaying you data in).
    I don't know what programming language you've had or wish to take, so that may help me determine if it's like something totally new or something which can be somewhat easier to learn (depending on what you already know).
    I've had VB. 2 years of it.

I've had VB. 2 years of it.
    I think since java and vb don't share many traits, it will be like when you started learning VB, although you've got grip of the analysis which come before programming (that what my teachers told me once, which I don't really do myself :P) most of the syntax used in java differs quite a lot from Java. Let's say you will be able to get the basics fairly easy but don't hesitate to start well and be on it from the beginning. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysaries View Post
    I'm actually studying on weekends aswell. I'm in ninth grade and will be choosing gymnasium (still don't know the english equivalent). I want to qualify to a good school, but maybe not the best of the best because maybe it's filled with upper class students :/ Just venting my thoughts :P
    I'd say the equivalent of gymnasium would probably be grammar school, but it's still slightly different...

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Ugh... It's that time of Sunday again... I need to get started on my homework now.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

Man tomorrow is going to be so boring.

Class #1: Professor reads syllabus aloud. Dismisses class.
    Class #2: Professor reads syllabus aloud. Dismisses class.
    Class #3: Professor reads syllabus aloud. Dismisses class.
    Class #4: Professor reads syllabus aloud. Dismisses class.
    Class #5: Professor reads syllabus aloud. Dismisses class.

So then, because I foolishly decided to blow it off all week, I have found myself with 40 pages in my art histroy textbook that need to be read by tuesday. Fuuuuuuu..................

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Gah, this one Maths question is annoying the heck out of me. Help anyone?

The easiest way to add consecutive numbers is to take their average and multiply by the number of them. The number 2003 is to be written as the sum of at least two consecutive integers. Find all the possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    I don't understand the question, let alone know the answer xD

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the Weavile banner.

It's a terribly written problem. Are you trying to get 2 numbers?

If so you need to use this formula:

x + x + 1 = 2003

2x = 2003-1

2x = 2002

x = 1001

x + 1 = 1001 + 1 = 1002

The answer is 1001 + 1002

Not sure about 3 or more consecutive integers though.
    Last edited by ebevan91; 13th January 2013 at 11:10 PM.

Oh joy, class haven't meet and my professor already emailed me to give assignment due on first day of class >_>
    I think I hate the professor already lol.

did I mention I have a missing grade from a class last semester?

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

I don't go to school today cause I feel lazy.May be I will review myself since I've got my third quarterly exams on Thursday and Friday.

3DS Friend Code: 1950 - 8194 -5373
    Ghost Friend Safari with Phantump, Lampent, and Driftblim

Spoiler:- Special Thanks:

It's a terribly written problem. Are you trying to get 2 numbers?

If so you need to use this formula:

x + x + 1 = 2003

2x = 2003-1

2x = 2002

x = 1001

x + 1 = 1001 + 1 = 1002

The answer is 1001 + 1002

Not sure about 3 or more consecutive integers though.
    Well of course I knew that well enough, it's the "three or more consecutive integers" part I'm stuck at. -_- Guess I'll just have to find the patience to go through them one by one.

This semester's going to get so much more fun when I have another three weeks of lifting behind me
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

Well of course I knew that well enough, it's the "three or more consecutive integers" part I'm stuck at. -_- Guess I'll just have to find the patience to go through them one by one.
    Anyway, I think I've got a formula worked out (not sure how to explain it clearly). Still can't find any more possibilities though. So, moving on.

It's quarter to four in the morning where I live, and it's Monday. I haven't gotten any sleep, at all. -_________-

Just got home from chem class and learned that our Chem Week will be on the first week of February...tsk.
    Oh yeah, can anybody suggest ideas something about any cool chem related inventions ( inventions that haven't been invented thoughXD)? Thank you
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Bias:鹿晗 || hwaiting! || Inactive||

Syllabus week starts in 1 hour and 10 minutes.

Oh joy.

We may have a snow day tomorrow. I hope so. We haven't used any of our days.
    Mortals will face the wrath of my RAYQUAZAR BEAM
    Proud to be a GreySkyShipper

So it's a new year, and we got a new Higher Chinese teacher. Apparently our previous teacher got promoted to teach the "Talent Development" class, after we, the non-TD, class' scores for Higher Chinese were higher than the TD class'. I also have to prepare a report of any recent news story for that same class, that I have to share in two days' time. Looks like I'll be ruining that one intial good impression the teacher has of me.

ah , what an unsightly existence ! / illustration : cyawa

Quote Originally Posted by SS_Append View Post
    So it's a new year, and we got a new Higher Chinese teacher. Apparently our previous teacher got promoted to teach the "Talent Development" class, after we, the non-TD, class' scores for Higher Chinese were higher than the TD class'. I also have to prepare a report of any recent news story for that same class, that I have to share in two days' time. Looks like I'll be ruining that one intial good impression the teacher has of me.
    Higher Chinese sounds awfully familer in a place that I live.....

Page 334 of 446 FirstFirst ... 234284324330331332333334335336337338344384434 ... LastLast