Page 338 of 442 FirstFirst ... 238288328334335336337338339340341342348388438 ... LastLast
Results 8,426 to 8,450 of 11042

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

I despise Pre-Algebra SO much... Why does it have to be a separate class from maths? I hate my life right now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    This thread proves sppf is full of geniuses :x
    My Instagram, please follow!

Hoenn Starters :3

I'm gone from SPPF to pursue academics, and I most likely won't be back. Bye!

At PE class today, we had an exam. I thought I didn't do well and yet to my surprise, my teacher gave me a pretty good grade. Either I'm just lucky today or the teacher thought my performance was good enough or both. Right now, however, I've got to be reviewing for a test tomorrow.

Felt bad for not passing a Calculus exam Got midterms tomorrow, this week actually.
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Red: ShinAya= Kagepro OTP || Inactive ||

Back to school tomorrow. D:
    My Java Programming course is the only one I'm taking right now that holds my interest. Every other course is a business course. Easy, but so dull. :(

Had a College interview today. Waiting for the interview to start was longer than the interview itself and it wasn't even that bad...

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the Weavile banner.

Sadly for me its been nearly 4 years since I've been to College. I decided to take a break from school because I went through depression. I'm actually starting to miss it even though I often hate school. However 1 problem I have is that most Colleges here in Jersey City don't consider Acting a major. Hell most don't even have Theater as a subject. That's actually something I would like to pursue as a career goal even though I know it would be challenging. I might as well go to New York for that. I'm going to see what I can do about it sometime this year because lately I feel like a couch potato and if I can manage my time as well I'll also try and find another job. I had 1 last year but I decided to quit because honestly it wasn't going so well with very little pay.

I have an exam tomorrow and I've done no revising for it and it's already the evening. I have a lot of revising to do...

Quote Originally Posted by PokeTrainerJay View Post
    I have an exam tomorrow and I've done no revising for it and it's already the evening. I have a lot of revising to do...
    I'm awful at revising. I just cannot focus on my book for long periods of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Squirtle View Post
    Me neither. And no matter how much I revise, I just don't remember any of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Squirtle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PokeTrainerJay View Post
    Me neither. And no matter how much I revise, I just don't remember any of it.
    Same here. Though I do somehow manage to get good marks almost all the time (if I don't, then it's along with the whole class), it still annoys me that my brain isn't able to cope with just that slight amount of extra effort needed to get even better marks.

My Geometry Honors midterms are tomorrow. I've studied, something I've never truly done before, and I'm feeling confident. Out of my five midterms, this one will be the hardest for me, so I'm glad to get it over with first. If we don't have snow tomorrow, that is...
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Two-hour delay tomorrow?! :D
    We're supposed to have a -13 degree wind-chill tomorrow morning. That's crazy, but I'm not going out in it so who cares?!

No delay for me. Still have school.

I get a short week this week! No school yesterday and a half day tomorrow! I'm excited.
    It's snowing everywhere else but where I am. :P
    Mortals will face the wrath of my RAYQUAZAR BEAM
    Proud to be a GreySkyShipper

I haven't been to school in 10 days (because of my flu),but I still have to do my projects.
    Last edited by Shayminslicker; 22nd January 2013 at 1:59 PM.
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

Got my calculus midterm tomorrow,(I haven't got the full concentration to review and I know my grades in calculus gets me stressed out!). am I the only one here that doesn't like math that seriously?. Good luck to those who got exams too.
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Red: ShinAya= Kagepro OTP || Inactive ||

I am homeschooled, so i don't have most of these problems. But nevertheless, I will vent.

This is not only one day. It is overall. I am in 6th grade and I hate math. I absolutely HATE it. I am fine with Subtraction, but HATE everything else. This is hard for me as I was doing two math lessons a day, but had to take it down the one because it was frustrating me so much. I have to do it last because otherwise I can't concentrate. I hate getting up to do school because I am dreading doing math. And to top it all ogf I have not been sleeping well. Oh well. I guess I can deal. But I just wanted to vent. Thank you.

Whew. I feel a bit better now.
    Last edited by Espeon EX; 22nd January 2013 at 3:55 PM.
    {Credit to TheSketchQueen}

Two awesome characters I created: Mitzy the female , and Espeon the Male . Both were created for the forum game, Pokemon Big Brother.

Espeon EX

I did better than I thought I would in that exam. Or at least I think I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Espeon EX View Post
    I am homeschooled, so i don't have most of these problems. But nevertheless, I will vent.

This is not only one day. It is overall. I am in 6th grade and I hate math. I absolutely HATE it. I am fine with Subtraction, but HATE everything else. This is hard for me as I was doing two math lessons a day, but had to take it down the one because it was frustrating me so much. I have to do it last because otherwise I can't concentrate. I hate getting up to do school because I am dreading doing math. And to top it all ogf I have not been sleeping well. Oh well. I guess I can deal. But I just wanted to vent. Thank you.

Whew. I feel a bit better now.
    Just out of interest, what's it like being homeschooled? I've always been curious of the concept.

Also, I'm sure you'll be able to just as long as you persevere. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    Just out of interest, what's it like being homeschooled? I've always been curious of the concept.

I know you weren't talking to me but I can answer that question.
    it is very interesting being homeschooled but the experience depends on the program.
    Up until high school, I just completed workbooks that my mom bought at the local bookstore. And I was usually done in about 3 hours and I got to sleep in.
    in high school I was enrolled in an online class which was a work-at-your-own-pace class. So I could take days off as long as the work was finished by the end of the semester.

All in all, I enjoy it.
    Last edited by Mr. Spock; 22nd January 2013 at 5:51 PM.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Good question. Being homeschooled means you can work at your own pace, try many kinds of curriculum, and still have time to take of for things like vacations. Like ansem said, my mom mostly just buys workbooks and I do them. I do my math on my laptop, and type some reports on my laptop.
    {Credit to TheSketchQueen}

Two awesome characters I created: Mitzy the female , and Espeon the Male . Both were created for the forum game, Pokemon Big Brother.

Espeon EX

I was also homeschooled. It was a great experience. My mom taught me specifically and not out of a textbook. For euro history, we went to europe. American history we toured the states for a summer. It is different for different people, but it is a misconception that we don't socoalize. There are few people who give it a bad name. I learned a lot more at home then friends in public and private school. (Mom had a phd, so she actually knew her stuff.) Homeschoolers are at the top and bottom of the learning curve for a reason. Homeschooling is only good for people who like learning and parents who want to teach. If they don't the one should stay in regular school because they will have a bad experience.

Also, being homeschooled, you make a little more effort to make friends. However, if you are highly active, it won't be that difficult. Also, you graduate early.

Spent three years homeschooled and graudated at fifteen. Had a great experience.

Quote Originally Posted by miles0624 View Post
    I was also homeschooled. It was a great experience. My mom taught me specifically and not out of a textbook. For euro history, we went to europe. American history we toured the states for a summer. It is different for different people, but it is a misconception that we don't socoalize. There are few people who give it a bad name. I learned a lot more at home then friends in public and private school. (Mom had a phd, so she actually knew her stuff.) Homeschoolers are at the top and bottom of the learning curve for a reason. Homeschooling is only good for people who like learning and parents who want to teach. If they don't the one should stay in regular school because they will have a bad experience.

Also, being homeschooled, you make a little more effort to make friends. However, if you are highly active, it won't be that difficult. Also, you graduate early.

Spent three years homeschooled and graudated at fifteen. Had a great experience.
    Yeah, the not socializing, thing always annoys me.
    Every month i get together with a group of friends who are also homeschooled and do something like roller blading, bowling etc.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Same here. Though I do somehow manage to get good marks almost all the time (if I don't, then it's along with the whole class), it still annoys me that my brain isn't able to cope with just that slight amount of extra effort needed to get even better marks.
    What I've learned is that to really do the best you can, you need some sort of motivation that your brain naturally follows. Mine is the fact that, while this may sound snobby, I HATE not being the best in the class. I absolutely can't stand it. Funny thing is though, I know and always will know I'm not. So I just keep trying till I am.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    Yeah, the not socializing, thing always annoys me.
    Every month i get together with a group of friends who are also homeschooled and do something like roller blading, bowling etc.
    One thing I did was to be a part of a lot of activites. I was in a golf, bowling and baseball leagues, as well as other things as well. One thing I hated was that I couldn't be a pary of highschool sports they just outlawed this in tennessee, but before, I couldn't. (To bad I graduated before the law.) However, it allows you your own free time to decide what you want to do. There are bad sides to everything. However, I would rather have a better education then not one at all. I live in tennessee and our public education is almost non-existant.

Page 338 of 442 FirstFirst ... 238288328334335336337338339340341342348388438 ... LastLast