Page 359 of 443 FirstFirst ... 259309349355356357358359360361362363369409 ... LastLast
Results 8,951 to 8,975 of 11051

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

if i do grad it ain't happening until at least fall 2014, so i guess that means no more ebay huckster posts itt
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    sorry to hear that. you'd probably hate to know that my school offers Calculus 3. there's like 5 people in that class. good luck in Chem
    Oh wow. I'm not surprised we don't have it though, since we barely have enough people for a Calculus AB class each year. Thanks! Chemistry is the only truly tough AP test I have too, so I'm focusing more on it. Stats, Economics, US Government and English Literature aren't going to be too bad, but Chemistry is crazy. :S
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

done with classes!

jk, i have one more class for microbiology. but i get extra credit for going and doing course evaluation! yeah!

Now to start studying for finals....

and I got a 74 on exam 4 of biochem. Not too bad I guess LOL. (I suck)

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

Studying on the weekend again for my rotten Ecology test. The good thing is that's online, which means open book, and it's consists entirely of multiple choice questions. I'm still doing a ****-load of reading though just to make sure that I'll get a good grade but this is probably unecessary. I also want to try and fit in some maths.

Gonna be revising for my Sociology retake at college guys! Wish me the best of luck (I had to pay a lumpsome to do the papers again).
    Pokemon X: 1435 - 4013 - 1487 (,,)

I am searching for the following Pokemon
    (Modest), (Modest), (Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Jolly/Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Modest), (Jolly/Adamant)

I can provide you with the following Pokemon…
    (Timid), (Jolly), (Timid), (Rash), (Bold), (Careful), (Relaxed with Seismic Toss).

I’m also offering a legit Shiny Foongus. Looking for a good natured shiny in return!

School over for this semester. See you again at September uni!

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

I still have 5 weeks of school left and 4 final exams ugh

So I got my final timed essay back today. I got a 4/3, which translates to a solid A. I'm sure how I got it though, I felt I was BSing through the paper because of the time limit. I guess it's true that I do my best work under pressure. I wish it felt like I did while doing it though.

I have no idea how I've managed to avoid this thread, because I've just wanted to vent out stuff about college for a while.

But since that'll take forever to do, I'll just say that I got through the Portal e-mail that I'm supposed to call Financial Aid about my account for something. I only got to a voice message after a few failed attempts to call the numbers (how was I supposed to know the first number was long distance?). Of course, I also sent an e-mail about it and asking if I should go visit Financial Aid personally since I do that better than over the phone. So naturally I'm really antsy right now.

Anyhoo...

Classes are okay thus far. I'm already on week six of ten this term, so I'm just pushing forward. I'm surprised I'm doing pretty well this term: I have an "A" so far for Lighting, and the rest are "B"s for Art History and Film Techniques. And speaking of Art History, all we do is just sketch out paintings of famous artists on the projector, and he apparently checks out our sketchbook (or in my case, stacks of paper) for midterm, and probably at the end of the term (though I heard we might take a test). We've only had one assignment thus far, an "exquisite corpse" project that's due Wednesday. I just have to do my final part and that's it. But I'm just so bored in this class, so I just draw whatever I want for the most part. How I got a "B" is beyond me, since I didn't draw everything that was shown on the projector screen.

Meanwhile in Lighting, it was just me and another student, so we went to the other class to help them out for the day. That was it.

Just one more year... just one more year.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

I thought I was done with college enrollment after clicking “accept". but apparently there's a whole bunch of stuff I have to do, like placement tests. it looks like my May might be just as busy as my April. fml

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

one exam left in my undergrad career

and it's in 11 hours and i haven't even started studying for it
    last.fm
    facebook

If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

Wow April passed by in a flash for me. Since Spring Break last month, we haven't gotten any days off, so school has been quite tiring. My teachers have the month of May to teach me the last of the curriculum, and then June is test month. I can't wait until this school year is over with. I just want SUMMER. And May starts off with three wuizzes for me tomorrow... Great.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Just under two weeks until my first exam and I have done pretty much nothing significant in the run-up to exam season. I'd like to say that I'll be spending the time between now and then cramming and desperately getting ready but... pfffht. I get the feeling that this was a very, very bad time to purchase a 3DS for the first time.

a teacher walked pass me kissing my bf and looked confused, looked away, then looked back confused an did this about 5 times.
    [IMG]http://i33.*******.com/vqjxj5.jpg[/IMG] wow fantastic baby [IMG]http://i33.*******.com/vqjxj5.jpg[/IMG]

I hate how in college you get so much work thrown on top of you during the last week or two.

"Oh, your other professors gave you assignments? Here's a long novel I want you to read within a week and then write a paper on it while at the same time reading the other shorter stories I gave you that you're also going to be quizzed on."
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

we sometimes have to read novels for the next day for our assignments.
    [IMG]http://i33.*******.com/vqjxj5.jpg[/IMG] wow fantastic baby [IMG]http://i33.*******.com/vqjxj5.jpg[/IMG]

Who else is finished with their state exams(or whatever yall call them) Its finally over. I was nervous as f**** .
    Black 2 fc: 0176 0022 1991-Jorge
    credit to me

Quote Originally Posted by jorge565 View Post
    Who else is finished with their state exams(or whatever yall call them) Its finally over. I was nervous as f**** .
    I haven't taken a standardized test since June.

well, I have 82 minutes to finish this enrollment crap, especially if I wanna get the campus I want. better go start!

Credit to Brutaka

Lol right now its barely april well tommorow(or 2 daysfrom today )its gonna be may. So i barely took the test lol still got the finals though ugh :P
    Black 2 fc: 0176 0022 1991-Jorge
    credit to me

Quote Originally Posted by jorge565 View Post
    I did good on all of my state tests back in high school, especially US history. I was in the top 10-15 out of the 300 or so at my school that took it.

done with everything forever and it feels so good
    last.fm
    facebook

Today's a good day. No labs anymore, so I don't have to stay at my college from 8AM to 5PM anymore.

So...I'm majoring in Applied Mathematics, and I decided to take a look at the classes required for my major for once. Let's just start with lower division requirements:

Mathematics 1A Calculus
    Mathematics 1B Calculus
    Mathematics 53 Multivariable Calculus
    Mathematics 54 Linear Algebra & Differential Equations
    Mathematics 55 Discrete Mathematics

Yup. Now my upper division requirements:

Mathematics 104 Introduction to Analysis
    Mathematics 110 Linear Algebra
    Mathematics 113 Introduction to Abstract Algebra
    Mathematics 128A Numerical Analysis
    Mathematics 185 Introduction to Complex Analysis

I also have to choose one set of three clustered electives. A sample of that looks like this:
        Spoiler:- because this is a long sample...:

So yeah, a whole lot of math. This is going to be interesting. I'm great at math, but wow, I know how ridiculous some of this stuff will get.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    (stuff about math)
    And this is why I'm not a math major. :P Seriously, I'm already starting to dread having to take either calc 3 or stats next semester, but... that doesn't even compare to what you've got in store. Good luck in college!

Anyway, had a biology test today, feel pretty good about it. A lot of it was simple Punnett squares and stuff, nothing too fancy. Hoping to get at least a 95 as I have a bit of a reputation to keep in that class... ; )

Oh, and my calc 2 exam got moved again, to next Monday. Which is good in the sense that I'll have the weekend to study, but bad in the sense that we'll somehow have to cover 7 sections in 4 classes before the fourth exam. Yikes.

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

well, today is my last school concert. it's probably gonna get emotional. hopefully my solo doesn't suck

Credit to Brutaka

Page 359 of 443 FirstFirst ... 259309349355356357358359360361362363369409 ... LastLast