Page 361 of 442 FirstFirst ... 261311351357358359360361362363364365371411 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,025 of 11044

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

Grade were locked a week ago. This next 6 weeks of my senior year mean nothing, unless I totally don't give a ****.
    oopsie

Only two weeks left, and that's just AP testing. I haven't been doing any real work this whole semester.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    Grade were locked a week ago. This next 6 weeks of my senior year mean nothing, unless I totally don't give a ****.
    Your school makes you go after grades are locked?

We got out 2 weeks earlier than everybody else. Graduation was even before grades 9-11 were through.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

So I pulled an all night revision session and with my exam in less than 24 hours, I still have a lot to do.

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    Your school makes you go after grades are locked?

We got out 2 weeks earlier than everybody else. Graduation was even before grades 9-11 were through.
    Nah, they still make us come for attendance reasons I guess.
    Graduation is a day after school lets out.
    oopsie

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    Nah, they still make us come for attendance reasons I guess.
    Graduation is a day after school lets out.
    I remember back when I was in 10th grade, I had a friend that was an 11th grader, and he was in a class with nothing but seniors so when all of the seniors got out of school, he was the only one in the class for the last 2 weeks. Must've been weird having 1 on 1 class sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    Must've been weird having 1 on 1 class sessions.
    Imo I would like sessions like this. I'm always facepalming whenever a student is chosen to do something, but they don't give the right answers or don't do the right work.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

once I'm done with my Calc BC AP exam tomorrow morning, my life will get 50% easier. thank God

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Imo I would like sessions like this. I'm always facepalming whenever a student is chosen to do something, but they don't give the right answers or don't do the right work.
    welcome to my world! it's like the majority of the class don't listen to anything that the teachers say. i'm literally stuck in the class full of hoodlums. it can get frustrating at times, but some of them are my friends adn given teh chance they can get things right. all they need to do is listen.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    once I'm done with my Calc BC AP exam tomorrow morning, my life will get 50% easier. thank God
    until you're actually in college and everything gets ten thousand times harder
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by eBay Huckster View Post
    until you're actually in college and everything gets ten thousand times harder
    true dat. but that's not until September. I'm saying my senior year can finally start setting down after tomorrow's exam

Credit to Brutaka

goddamn quarter systems with your september start months and your not-april end months
    last.fm
    facebook

If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by eBay Huckster View Post
    goddamn quarter systems with your september start months and your not-april end months
    it's fall semester: Sept. to Dec.
    then a month off between semesters.
    then spring semester: Jan. to May, minus the one week of spring break

Credit to Brutaka

that might as well be three quarters >:|
    last.fm
    facebook

Genetics exam today.
    pretty sure one question had two choices xD

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

Last day before final exams today.

Well, Friday is but **** going to class on Friday. I already have all of my study materials and we probably won't be doing anything on Friday, anyway.

I didn't want to go to Art History today, so I purposefully slept in. Seriously, in Art History, all we do is just sketch out the paintings the teacher will have up on the projector screen for a whole hour, that's it. I wasn't kidding in my last post. I love drawing, but this is ridiculous. So all I do is just sit there and draw whatever I want to try and pass the time away, but I end up finishing a picture within about fifteen to thirty minutes, so I have to start another one if I want to get through the hour. And I didn't feel like doing that today, so I slept in. Class should be finishing up here in a few minutes, so I'm going to be at home doing whatever until 1:30 when I'll have to go to my other class, Film Production Techniques. I'm not a fan of that class either, but at least we're doing something.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

So happy my Biodiversity exam is over. Not one of my favorite topics and just really boring. Still have two more to go and with 60mph winds tomorrow it looks like a day of revision without being able to go out.

Finally I'm starting the last chapter of Earth Science, Astronomy! I've been waiting all year for this, because I love astronomy! I have 22 days of classes left, and then test week(s).
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

oh my god three days until this internship starts

(and one day until i leave for it)
    last.fm
    facebook

I was kinda worried about my calc AP exam. but I did really well, so I can enjoy life until my bio AP exam

Credit to Brutaka

I don't know if I should ask this in here or the Questions Thread, but I will just post it anyway: does anyone here go to an Ivy League college or was admitted to one of those schools? I need information on what you should do in order to get admitted. I know it's on the schools' websites, but I think it would be more helpful to hear from someone who has actually had first hand experience.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Before anyone questions me for saying this... yes, I am sane. I will honestly say this is probably the weirdest day of school I've had all year, for two reasons. First reason, on my way tolunch, just sitting there on a traffic cone (I don't know either), was a bra? I don't know why, but there was. Then in the hallway there was just a bubble... Just floating there. No one was in the hallway either.

Other then those two things... My day was pretty boring.

Name: Specter
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

My signature is so empty now.

You know, I probably should've just stayed home today. With exception of the substitute, no one showed up in class. All I was doing was drawing out storyboards to begin with, so that's what I did up until five when I decided to go home early (class gets out at five-thirty). So I kinda wasted about four hours at school.

I'm half-expecting to get bonus points for this when the teacher returns maybe tomorrow if not next week. I was the only student to show up for Pete's sake, I deserve a little reward for being determined.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Moneyy View Post
    I don't know if I should ask this in here or the Questions Thread, but I will just post it anyway: does anyone here go to an Ivy League college or was admitted to one of those schools? I need information on what you should do in order to get admitted. I know it's on the schools' websites, but I think it would be more helpful to hear from someone who has actually had first hand experience.
    Well, I didn't bother applying to one, since I didn't want to leave California, though I'm somewhat confident I could have made it into at least one if I tried. The closest thing I have is my acceptance into UC Berkeley, so I have some experience (maybe not the kind you need, but I'll try).

So, GPA is definitely a big advantage, though being ranked 1 is in no way something you need to stress about to get in. Getting as high a class rank as possible should definitely be on your list, though. The person ranked 3rd or 4th in my class (which is lower than my class rank) is going to Cornell, but then she has the advantage of a great SAT/ACT score and lots of extracurricular activities. So obviously, test scores are important, though they're in no way the only factor. I'd suggest checking websites like CollegeBoard for average scores, since in the end, websites like that are a huge asset to making a decision.

One last thing I'd consider is your major, since that can make a difference in whether or not you'll get accepted. For example, in a fair number of schools, engineering will be packed, so unless you're absolutely fantastic and you know it, it will be harder to get in for engineering. This may explain why people with seemingly lower abilities get into a certain college when high qualifying people don't. So even though it's not necessary or mandatory, knowing your major can help your effort.

And when it comes to any recommendation letters and essays, you should look for a teacher who knows you well, and bring them maybe an informal resume, so they know what to include about you. It helps make it more personal. For your essays, which I imagine you'll need to write, make sure you're revising the essay often, and check with teachers to get their opinion for revisions. As far as the topics go, I imagine the goal is for the people reviewing your application to find what makes you unique. So write it the way you want to present yourself, and make it less like what you think they want to hear about you. I seriously wrote about my near-addiction to video games and how I think it contributes to my academic ability, and it evidently worked for getting me to Berkeley.

That's some of my advice with college admissions, though I know that Ivy League schools are different than most, so I'm sorry if this doesn't help you at all. If no one else can help you, then I'd seriously recommend looking at both CollegeBoard and the college's website (CollegeBoard should be linked to them anyway), and maybe talk to your counselor if you can. Whatever you do, if an Ivy League is your goal, then I wish you the best of luck!
    Last edited by Psynergy; 9th May 2013 at 3:55 AM.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Page 361 of 442 FirstFirst ... 261311351357358359360361362363364365371411 ... LastLast