Page 374 of 442 FirstFirst ... 274324364370371372373374375376377378384424 ... LastLast
Results 9,326 to 9,350 of 11038

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

Have any of you or another student you know ever been cited for violating the dress code at all?

My school doesn't really care as long as you do well. Those who don't and continually violate the dress code get cited for doing so and eventually get suspended, most likely because their "choice in clothing prevents them from doing well in school" or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Skies View Post
    Have any of you or another student you know ever been cited for violating the dress code at all?

My school doesn't really care as long as you do well. Those who don't and continually violate the dress code get cited for doing so and eventually get suspended, most likely because their "choice in clothing prevents them from doing well in school" or something.
    I got in trouble one time for dress code.

It was in 10th grade, the very first week of school, like, the very first day, and I got after school detention for 3 days because part of my shirt was untucked. I forgot to tuck my shirt in that morning, and I was tucking it in as I was entering the building, and the principals were actually STANDING at the entrance just to catch people breaking dress code. I missed maybe one little inch of shirt on my back when tucking my shirt in. They'd tell us to go to the gym if they caught us breaking dress code. There must've been over 100 male students in there and at least 50 female students. And the school wasn't that large, maybe 1000 students. So about 1 out of every 10 students was breaking dress code.

We didn't have to wear uniforms or anything, but we had to wear belts and have our shirts tucked in. No shorts could be worn either (they can now but I've been out of school for 4 years).
    Last edited by ebevan91; 23rd July 2013 at 3:32 PM.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

It's much more difficult to stick to dress code when you have a set uniform. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the whole uniform idea, makes my life a whole lot easier. Just if you forget one article of required clothing or accessory, you're done. (Ex. polo, belt, wrong pants). I'm pretty consistent when it comes to following dress code, but we all slip up sometimes!

Im in an online school so......
    Yeah, never had a problem with dress code XD
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Crazy story about the assistant principal from my old high school... when I was in 10th grade, the school got a new softball coach, and she was kinda hot, but her head was a little too big. Anyway, when I was in 11th grade, the assistant principal got involved with her in an affair, he was married and had a kid or 2 at the time, young kids, like, toddler age and one may have been just a baby. One day they walked in the building from outside, they were soaking wet because it had been raining outside. So the guy got fired and was replaced towards the end of the school year.

A couple of years after I graduated from there, the guy had recently got engaged to someone else, and then shortly after the dude had died from a heart attack. Which is really weird because the guy was young and athletic.
    Last edited by ebevan91; 23rd July 2013 at 8:28 PM.

I know that I (and a couple of friends also in the Top Ten of my senior class) knowingly wore T-shirts that weren't collared or school-related from time to time (although one said friend did it almost every day) but never really got into trouble. Despite this, I still get kinda nervous walking past the admins wearing a [insert famous classic rock band here] shirt.

We also have these Jeans Days on certain Fridays where students can pay a dollar to wear jeans. I forgot that one certain Friday wasn't one of those Jeans Days. I still managed to survive with only a warning.

Other students, though, get constantly warned (but never actually served a detention or anything) for wearing a cap in class.

Pokémon Quiz Bowl. It's a thing.

Every time you have a bad day, just go to Advanced Search, enter "Him in the Court" in the User Name box, and voila.
    I claim Vanillite because it is best Pokémon.

PEOPLE OF EARTH -- WE ARE YOUR ZILTOIDIAN OVERLORDS.
    RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

This reminds me, back when I was in high school, if you were hanging out with a group of friends and you all had shirts on that were the same color, it was treated as gang affiliation and you'd get suspended.

While my school isn't NEARLY as strict when it comes to dress code, back when I was in eighth grade, they had the assistant principals go into every room and check how long people's shorts were. The rule was that you had to hang your arms down and if they passed your shorts, they were too small. Be aware that these checks were going on about 2 years ago, back when it was blistering hot all spring. When they did these checking during my English class, all the girl in the class were sent to the nurse's office to get new pants to wear, and then In School Suspension for the day. It was a quiet day in school that day.

*EDIT* My Pre-calc semester final could've been better. I still think I passed, but I'm fully prepared to not pass.
    Last edited by 725roy; 25th July 2013 at 11:10 PM.

Thank you based Turpoo

Quote Originally Posted by facetious View Post
    Why on earth would you make an elaborate scheme for something so mundane? Do you have autism or something?

Just ignore and walk away. Not hard.
    No, I'm a completely normal person, thank you very much. I often just say "not interested" and just leave. In rare occasions, I might throw in my own fun. Apparently, most of my trolling involves midterms, where some people look at my answers (despite me purposely marking wrong answers as a ruse).

Oddly enough, though this happened a few blocks away from that campus a couple days ago, I don't know what was going on, but some random preacher was walking away scared from a couple black guys...probably insulting them over religious talk or something, but whatever...not my business. Rather not go into too much details here, so I'll leave it at that.

30 days and counting until the start of the semester. I am actually excited, first time in my life I have been excited about school. I am sure that will change after the first month

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)
    *I can breed all Pokemon in X&Y now.*
    **Items are in BW & B2W2 only**

Pokemon Y friend code: 3797 - 7081 - 3314
    Pokemon X friend code: 4296 - 4159 - 0229

Anyone ever had an experience called home hospital? I was very depressed in high school, and they put me in a program called home hospital during my Sophomore year. The idea is that the school sends a tutor to help teach you so you don't have to sit through class. My tutor was the absolute worst. She told me I needed to take Algebra I again despite that I got an A during my freshman year. She also tried to teach me Spanish without knowing Spanish and pronouncing all the words and the Spanish alphabet incorrectly.
    Last edited by Silent_Vibrava; 28th July 2013 at 7:32 AM.

Want someone to review your fanfiction? Wish granted. I accept fanfiction review requests so just PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Vibrava View Post
    Anyone ever had an experience called home hospital? I was very depressed in college, and they put me in a program called home hospital during my Sophomore year. The idea is that the school sends a tutor to help teach you so you don't have to sit through class. My tutor was the absolute worst. She told me I needed to take Algebra I again despite that I got an A during my freshman year. She also tried to teach me Spanish without knowing Spanish and pronouncing all the words and the Spanish alphabet incorrectly.
    that sounds horrible

Well, i've been doing my summer program for 4 weeks. Here's the breakdown:

Intro to Chem: some old guy with a scruffy beard, stained pants, and untucked shirt. I've you've ever heard of a stereotypical bad professor, it's this guy. He can't explain chemistry for s***. I mean, chem is like 70% stoichiometry, but he never uses it.

Intro to Calc: this guy was scary. he kicked a girl out of class for falling asleep on the first day. plus, he just graduated college. but he's great at math. like me, he majored in math and is going to med school. plus, he graduated summa cume laude, so i'll definitely keep in touch with him.

Intro to Expository Writing: My teacher is nice. Actually, she's entering her 4th year in college, meaning she's only like 3 years older than me, and she's so hot, but she has a boyfriend,so meh. Otherwise, my papers are good.

Overall, I'm so glad I had this opportunity. Idk if you guys remember from June, but i said that i had to apply to get in this program, and i've been busy ever since. I cannot wait to begin college. It's still kinda weird to accept that I won't see my high school peers regularly, but this new chapter of my life is so exciting.
    Last edited by flamebeam; 29th July 2013 at 1:31 PM.

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    that sounds horrible

Well, i've been doing my summer program for 4 weeks. Here's the breakdown:

Intro to Chem: some old guy with a scruffy beard, stained pants, and untucked shirt. I've you've ever heard of a stereotypical bad professor, it's this guy. He can't explain chemistry for s***. I mean, chem is like 70% stoichiometry, but he never uses it.

Intro to Calc: this guy was scary. he kicked a girl out of class for falling asleep on the first day. plus, he just graduated high school. but he's great at math. like me, he majored in math and is going to med school. plus, he graduated summa cume laude, so i'll definitely keep in touch with him.

Intro to Expository Writing: My teacher is nice. Actually, she's entering her 4th year in college, meaning she's only like 3 years older than me, and she's so hot, but she has a boyfriend,so meh. Otherwise, my papers are good.

Overall, I'm so glad I had this opportunity. Idk if you guys remember from June, but i said that i had to apply to get in this program, and i've been busy ever since. I cannot wait to begin college. It's still kinda weird to accept that I won't see my high school peers regularly, but this new chapter of my life is so exciting.
    Did you graduate early or something? or get special permission to take summer classes?

Good luck man. Do not take college for granted, i would change so many things if i had it to do all over again.

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)

Quote Originally Posted by BJPalmer85 View Post
    Did you graduate early or something? or get special permission to take summer classes?

Good luck man. Do not take college for granted, i would change so many things if i had it to do all over again.

B
    no, the I graduated at 18 like most people. the summer program is only worth 2 credits as a whole, but the experience has given me a lot of preparation for the real thing in September. I had to apply for it, too. they only took 25 people. thanks for the advice, though omg I am so looking forward to college

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Oh that's cool'

I can imagine. I wasted mine drinking, working and taking the bare minimum classes. No I am 28, finally figured out what i want to do with my life and have decided to go back to school. Much harder to do working 60+ hours a week, taking care of a house and trying to spend time with the wife.

B

I'm facing another year of school and that's it for my school life, and thank God for that! It's becoming tiring. I just finished my last year at the Academy of Tertiary Studies in my country, and I've got an application to go to Staffordshire University in a city called Stoke-on-Trent in England accepted. So after one year in Stoke, providing I pass all my exams, that's it!

I can't believe its already August. Summer's been flying by, and I still haven't started either of the books I need to read for next year. Pretty soon I'll get my schedule, and that's when I really start to not want to go to school...
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

So all those things about college applications and waiting for responses, and about it being stressful? That was a lie. At least, I didn't stress over it. One real stressful part about college? Housing. You would not believe how stressful the last few months have been, especially since I missed my first on-campus housing offer and was forced to look off-campus (even though all housing here is actually off of the campus).

So yesterday, I found a place quite a ways from campus, and I'm now waiting for things to finalize there, but just 2 hours ago, I got another on-campus housing offer. Probably one of my happiest moments in quite a while.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Fuc* out of state tuition man -_-' I would be paying 5 times as much. I guess it would be best to start next year after I become a resident. Time to get a full time job in the meantime. My dream of working in an animation studio will have to wait just a bit longer...

My Deviantart *^*

Art by me
    3DS fc: 4725 8753 8888
    FS: Nosepass, Pupitar, Barbaracle

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    I can't believe its already August. Summer's been flying by, and I still haven't started either of the books I need to read for next year. Pretty soon I'll get my schedule, and that's when I really start to not want to go to school...
    Two books? I have seven >.<

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    which books?

Quote Originally Posted by Roseheart95 View Post
    SEVEN!! holy ****!!! which books?

B

People have to read **** over the summer? **** that, it's called summer vacation for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Roseheart95 View Post
    That's ridiculous! The most summer reading I ever had was two or three books!

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    We have no required summer reading, so HAHAHAHAHA!
    if youve never heard of lebanon kansas learn the name

HG FC- 0261 1686 4446

Black FC- 0518 7584 9410

Gen VI FC: 1049-0257-8808

Quote Originally Posted by carnivalmar View Post
    leern to spel i canot reed
    Ironic, isn't it?

Clickee for me?

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    Same here. Ever since the start of high school, I always had summer reading. I'm more surprised that some people have never had summer readings, though reading 1 or 2 books isn't the worst thing in the world.

Writing 29 essays in 7 months (6 being about different books, 2 about concerts/plays, 2 about museum visits, among others) during my junior year was much worse than summer reading ever was. Didn't help that I waited until the week before it was due to work on any of it (bar the books). I had absolutely no life that week, and even more surprising was that I got a perfect score. Either way, procrastination is awful.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Page 374 of 442 FirstFirst ... 274324364370371372373374375376377378384424 ... LastLast