Page 464 of 464 FirstFirst ... 364414454460461462463464
Results 11,576 to 11,579 of 11579

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Search_Ops_TeamD View Post
    Now to find a quick way to make money to pay for tuition. I have 10 days....
    Oi, I feel you there. I set up a payment plan for mine but it's still looking to be almost $550 dollars a month. Yikes yikes yikes.

I still have to buy books too, at least my teachers were somewhat kind and three of my books are only $20 bucks. I think from my total calculations my books will be almost $200 unless my teacher for Astronomy changes his mind and makes us buy that $170 book. Otherwise, my teachers this semester seem pretty cool so far. Didn't have to go today because I have the same dude for both my classes and he was in a conference in Philadelphia or something.

So about a week ago, my final grades were all filled in and I'm overall satisfied with my performance: my lowest grade being 81% in philosophy. I am still stressing over my still-to-be-calculated R score (which is a sort of academic performance rating used here in university selections in Québec). I am above the average in basically every class (with the sole exception being philosophy, where the average score of my class is 81%) but I am still trying to do some slight mental calculations to know whether or not my R score is going to drop. Not every class has the same value in this calculation (with my art and philosophy classes only weighing 2,00 units and the rest of my classes such as chemistry, physics and litterature are worth 2,66 units), and fortunately for me the classes where I really kicked *ss were in the ones worth more units. I'm just hoping this 0,66 difference in units will save me, but I have my doubts...

Anyway, last semester of college is starting in exactly two weeks and I'm quite excited for it. I have been relieved of chemistry and physics class, which were quite the obstacle. Instead, I will attend maths, biology and geology classes, in which I excel at so far (except in geology, since it'll be my first geology college course). I also chose 'Law and its Philosophy' as a class that is not specific to my natural science program that will surely be interesting: the domain of law has always been something I felt like I should know more of and having this as a selected class seems to me like a valuable opportunity to learn if I have any interest in pursuing studies in law. Of course, it will come in quite clutch, as my university submission is to be sent as of March 1st...
    Last edited by Everlasting; 12th January 2017 at 2:12 AM.
    ❝Don't ever take your eyes off me.❞

Gearing up for what should be my last semester of grad school, and let me tell you, I am ready to be done (and for a nap). Just got done filling out some student loan info and at the end, I had to go over an exit interview saying I understand everything about my loans. The last portion had a projected calculator for how much I would need to make out of school to live comfortably (put in estimations for rent/bills/etc) and pay off student debt. I kept everything the same as it is now for spending that I currently have, their estimation was I would need to make $138K (USD). I couldn't believe how unrealistic of a number they gave. I know it's an algorithm but it was still absurd. V_v.
    Let me feel you, carry you higher
    Watch our words spread hope like
    fire
    Secret crowds rise up and gather
    Hear your voices sing back louder

Do you guys know any great tests I can take to give me some ideas on my career interests and future study paths ? University applications are coming real soon and I have yet to put a finger on what I want to do... I'm under a lot of stress right now and honestly if there was some magical personality test I could take that could help me, it'd be so appreciated...
    ❝Don't ever take your eyes off me.❞

Page 464 of 464 FirstFirst ... 364414454460461462463464