Page 102 of 442 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 11032

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

Just took my Calc final and feel pretty good. Wasn't nearly as hard as I was expecting.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

We learned how to divide fractions today.

IT WAS SO DURN BORING.
    R.I.P. Kelley. I love you, now go play with Jesus. You were so sweet. And remember, someday you'll see us again. 2007-2011

I will not be on very often anymore... keeping up my own site now.

I took my math midterm today, and I did a lot worse than I expected. I barely finished in time, and I had to guess on many questions. It's funny how I have an A+ in math but completely bombed the midterm.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Notalwaysbalckanddwhite View Post

IT WAS SO DURN BORING.
    That sounds like the easiest darn thing ever. All you do is multiply by the reciprocal. How did that take up an entire class?

Quote Originally Posted by metagrody6 View Post
    Bio and Spanish final today, Health and Algebra II final tomorrow. Wish me luck
    Buena suerte

^ Click this for good times ^

Quote Originally Posted by Notalwaysbalckanddwhite View Post

IT WAS SO DURN BORING.
    ...You don't know how to do that yet?

But then, I was never taught that at school, only by a private tutor =P So yeah.

Tomorrow morning, I'm gonna get revenge on a girl on my school bus for prank calling me. My parents thought that I'd given away my address and personal details away here, so I got beaten up. Pretty badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    That sounds like the easiest darn thing ever. All you do is multiply by the reciprocal. How did that take up an entire class?
    I'm guessing she's still in elementary school.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    Well, color is just a phenomenon that our eyes perceive when light reflects off of a surface. We can only see light wavelengths in between 400nm (nanometers) and 700nm, on an infinite scale of nanometers. Every animal can perceive a different spectrum in this scale - birds, for example, can see into the ultraviolet spectrum, which contains shorter waves (so higher nanometers). So birds can perceive more colors than we can. One day, something may evolve to be able to see microwaves or x-rays, and there's no telling what that would look like. Maybe more colors that we can't even imagine.

Basically, what we call "color" is is the way that HUMAN eyes perceive light reflections. Color does not look the same to any other animal but us. Because only we see the colors that we see, what we call "red" does not exist as red to anything but us. Furthermore, color only exists if there are eyes to see it - because, remember, color is just the way that eyes perceive light reflections. Without eyes, there is no such thing as color. Color is NOT a physical thing. It's kind of hard to imagine, and I'm probably going to get arguments against this because we are visual creatures and we rely on color to get us through our daily lives. It's not something that we think about, because our bodies have adapted to use it so inherently. But color is just our limited perception of photon waves within the 400-700nm range. It's not a physical thing.
    See, my definition of color is a bit different. I always thought of it as the differences in wavelength of waves in the visible spectrum. But to each his own. You say without eyes, there is no such thing as color, but I say that the color is still there, but there is nobody to see it. Likewise, a color could look different to a bird than a human, considering they see in slightly different spectrums.

^ Click this for good times ^

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    Tomorrow morning, I'm gonna get revenge on a girl on my school bus for prank calling me. My parents thought that I'd given away my address and personal details away here, so I got beaten up. Pretty badly.
    I am confused about the relationship between these two things. Did the girl on the bus prank call you, and your parents thought it was someone from SPPF because they're suspicious? And I hope you mean "beaten up" in a metaphorical sense, and not a literal physical sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    See, my definition of color is a bit different. I always thought of it as the differences in wavelength of waves in the visible spectrum. But to each his own. You say without eyes, there is no such thing as color, but I say that the color is still there, but there is nobody to see it. Likewise, a color could look different to a bird than a human, considering they see in slightly different spectrums.
    Exactly.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

ehh im a medicine student.....and i just failed my yearly exam..gonna have to repeat...troubled times..infact not even repeat...got to wait 7 months until the exam happens again...failures new to me since i was used to straight As..god damn over confidence and fail cramming -.- which apparently doesnt work in proffessional colleges...;-( but we gotta learn from mistakes right?=d

So I have a midterm exam on cartography at 9 AM on Monday.

...and I'm about to spend approximately half of the next 72 hours either working at an anime convention, presenting a panel at an anime convention, or preparing/hosting a massive party at my own house.
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

Received High Honor Roll for the 2nd time in a row this year ^.^ really proud of myself
    A proud member of the

Currently Playing
    Pokemon Black

Spoiler:- Claims~:

School was soooooooooooooo boring today. No band. But I did have a guitar lesson =3
    R.I.P. Kelley. I love you, now go play with Jesus. You were so sweet. And remember, someday you'll see us again. 2007-2011

Some midterm exam grades came in today!

Geometry: A-
    Art Studio I: B+
    Biology: B+
    Spanish: B

Not bad I guess haha

3DS FC: 3067 - 5438 - 9132

Today was absolutely boring, man. Especially in Latin. Our teacher was rambling on about gladiators, and everyone, and I mean everyone, including the most studious people in our class, was switched off. Some people were reading, some people were doodling, some people were fiddling with stuff, some people were struggling to stay awake, and some people actually fell asleep. And our teacher didn't do anything about it. Like, seriously.

We basically had an extremely boring free period.

I was 2 points shy for calculus to get 4 college credits. A major letdown and a waste of $200 all for a just a High School credit that I don't need. That could've bought me a pair of shoes.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    I was 2 points shy for calculus to get 4 college credits. A major letdown and a waste of $200 all for a just a High School credit that I don't need. That could've bought me a pair of shoes.
    Wow, that is disappointing. Sorry to hear it, Larry. =/

I'm interviewing for a proctor position in the services for students with disabilities department tomorrow. At least I think it said proctor. I hope it didn't say proctology. Ten bucks an hour isn't enough for that job. Anywho, a bit of extra money never hurt a student. =)

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

i got four pieces of paper basically telling me i am sexy and cool irl today

(i got 2:1's in all of my semester 1 projects and assignments because i am smarter than you are irl)

Today in Organic Chem lab, we were instructed to perform an electrophilic aromatic substitution experiment, which despite the name isn't a very intimidating procedure. However, out of the 34 or so people in my section, no one was able to obtain the major product :/ so it was minor products for all! After that debacle, our TA informed us that 99% of the students who have performed the experiment have not been able to complete it successfully... I question why they still include it in the lab manuals every year when it's nigh impossible to obtain the intended product.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracoste View Post
    You were talking about safe cooking. Guess what happens when you don't cook safe.
    (It starts with "D" and ends with "amn, my kitchen is on fire")

Comparative Religions is one of my favorite classes, but I am really stuck on a paper about Sikhism vs. Buddhism and their relevance in Asia, I can't find much about Sikhism as compared to Buddhism.

I am procrastinating right now, just having a little fun on the forums. :P

A ghost-type for every taste!

Today, all of my friends and I dressed in our Hogwarts House colors-- I'm red and gold.
    And EVERYONE asked why I was limping. "It ain't my limp, it's my swagger."

Did horrible on my report card.
    82 average but i made the honor roll.
    lol the dean got mad because she thought more than half the grade is failing but about 60% of the grade is on the honor roll list.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshYEAH View Post
    i got four pieces of paper basically telling me i am sexy and cool irl today

(i got 2:1's in all of my semester 1 projects and assignments because i am smarter than you are irl)
    That's when you take advantage of the situation. :P

Ugh assigned another Biology project, ewww.

3DS FC: 3067 - 5438 - 9132

Started on some programming now. It's actually more fun than I thought it would be, but still boring. And also trying to get good at Photoshop because it may be a skill that may help me some day, although most likely not.
    Also not feeling too great about yesterday, seeing as we students were in our room talking about our lecturer and he may have overheard me calling him a perverted *something*. Just my luck that he would walk in on that specific moment. Hopefully he heard nothing and my grades will be fine this semester!
    Last edited by Calamity™; 31st January 2012 at 3:34 AM.

xxx

Quote Originally Posted by A_TROLL_NAMED_SLACK View Post
    Did horrible on my report card.
    82 average but i made the honor roll.
    lol the dean got mad because she thought more than half the grade is failing but about 60% of the grade is on the honor roll list.
    Geez, what's the requirement for honor roll?

Thinking about majoring in something else once I get through with this associate's business degree.

Maybe history/geography/poli. sci, something like that. They aren't that useful but you can get a government job from having one of those degrees.

I wanted to do computer engineering or computer science, but I nearly failed college algebra so I said **** that.
    Last edited by ebevan91; 28th January 2012 at 12:26 AM.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Page 102 of 442 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast